[PP - F11] Decisions

Beatbox woke up in his home, he yawned and stretched his arms as he then took the blanket off of him and looked outside, he could see players walking along heading towards the town of Taft and away from Taft fully equipped with items, however today was not the day for Beatbox to really do anything, it had been a while since he had seen Hakai, and to be honest he actually kind of really missed her, its been since Christmas he had seen her in the boss raid. He took a deep breath and sent her a message:

To: @Hakai

Topic: Its been a while since we've seen each other.

Hey Hakai, its been a while since we've sat down or seen each other in private. If you are not busy I am still at my home reading. I hope to see you soon. I believe theres a lot to talk about. 

Yours, Beatbox.

And sent the message as he grabbed a book from his bookcase and leaned back on his couch reading it hoping that Hakai would soon make her appearance here, there was a lot to discuss but he wanted to do it here of all places since this is the only place Beatbox could consider private.

Hakai jabbed her katana into the ground, lifting up the snowflake thing that she had gotten from the christmas boss. It would be idiotic to use it now on anything but the blue cloak she was wearing, and even that wouldn't be a very good idea. She never even used stealth anyway. She put it up before she made any bad, impulsive decisions. Just then her HUD beeped, alerting her of a message from Beatbox. She opened it and read over the message, smiling mischievously. She tapped reply and sent him a quick message back.

To: @Beatbox

Topic: RE: Its been a while since we've seen each other.

I didn't have any particular plans... I know i'm usually the one doing the stabbing, but maybe i'll let you this time. ;)

She gripped her katana, pulling it up out of the ground where she had stabbed it and sheathing it before making her way to Beats house. She was already on the eleventh floor, and had actually planned to do a quest or two. She knew that she needed to make time for Beat though. She walked up to the door of his house and knocked gently. She would have barged in loudly, but she had some self control.

Beatbox was surprised to hear a knock on the door instead of her barging in mischievously, well... he supposed that people do have self control at times. He closed the book he was reading and placed it back onto the bookshelf, he walked over to the door and opened it seeing Hakai. He gave her a smile and said to her "Hey Hakai. Been staying out of trouble?" with a chuckle as he sat back down on the couch "Make yourself at home, I've decorated this place up a bit from the last time you were here, so go ahead make yourself at home." he smiled then stretching his arms upward placing an arm on the top of the couch making himself comfy "You know its been a while, the last time I say you was at the Christmas boss. We've kinda not talked in a long time y'know? I was starting to get worried about you a bit." he said with utmost care and respect as he could, he waited for her response and waited patiently.

@Hakai

Hakai raised an eyebrow. Beatbox was being awefully polite and careful about what he was saying or so it seemed. Perhaps the best word to use was cautious. She wondered why. Had her behavior at the boss fights scared him somehow? Or did he feel as though she had been avoiding him purposefully? It was more than likely the last one. She sat down across from him, unequipping her katana so that it wouldn't get in the way. "It has been a while. I've been busy hunting. There was that rumor a while back about uniques coming out on floor twenty, but i havent heard anything or seen anything." She crossed her legs and smiled at him, a kind of cold smile on a normal person, but for her it probably seemed pretty friendly. "We really havent actually seen each other since the floor boss battle itself. That was interesting. How was it for you? It was your first boss battle too, right?" She asked, cocking her head to the side slightly.

"Other than the boss raid, it was. However I wasn't that scared of the boss anyways because I am already aware that sometime in this game that I'll die. Its almost inevitable. But you're also being a little out of yourself lately. Either things are being very different or we're all growing into something, however I appreciate the effort." he said with a chuckled as he looked forward outwards to the window and let out a hefty sigh. "Have you ever given a thought about what would happen when we die? Well, other than we're dead in the real world? All the items we've worked hard on getting, gone. Forever. Meaning your Limbo's Fang would be gone forever for no one to use, and my Antlers I got from the event boss would also be gone for no one to use by anyone." he said with a bit of concern "I am not afraid of dying, however I am just being cautious about this inventory, it'd be a shame for all this stuff to just be lost forever. You know?" he asked her as he leaned back on the couch.

@Hakai

She smiled. "Of course I know how you feel. Thats why i married Sierra, although she quickly became quite useless." She stated, "I thought she was capable and might be able to use the stuff in my inventory if i died, but she didn't have the inner strength that it takes to survive." She brushed her hair behind her ear, leaning forward a bit, her familiar slithering it's way out of her sleeve and hissing in Beatbox's direction. "I get what your hinting at, but im not going to give you an answer unless you ask straightforwardly." She said before sitting back up. If he wanted them to get married he would have to ask her. It seemed like he was trying to passive agressively suggest that they get married, and she couldn't tell if he wqas doing it on purpose. "I'll let you in on a secret Beat. If I marry someone else in this game it isnt goign to be because i want a shared inventory with them, its going to mean more than that to me."

Beatbox thought about it for a moment, he didn't really consider marrying this closely to their relationship, heck he doesn't even think they simply hugged before however its just who they we're in a simplest form. Beatbox didn't know who else to trust in a relationship and Hakai knows the darkness that was inside of him and is working on making him accept the darkness that was infused with him. He took a deep breath, he didn't really have another option. If he wanted to keep his inventory alive for other people to use then there wasn't much of an option. He looked over to her and said with a blank face not knowing what to express which then turned to a smirk "I wasn't thinking about it... but, it doesn't seem I have much options about it do I?" he looked back forward before shaking his head and grabbing the both of her shoulders looking her dead in the eyes with a serious look "Will you marry me?" he said to her without doing anything else, staying in place.

@Hakai

Hakai nodded to him as he asked her if she would marry him. "No." She commented in a flat tone, giving him a look. "You said that it doesnt look like you have much option, which i find insulting. Im not going to be your wife, even just in this game, as a last option that your grudgingly taking." She explained, being completely blunt with him. She leaned back in her chair, looking at him intently and trying to figure out what he was thinking. She frowned momentarily, wondering if she should change the subject somehow before deciding not to say anything. She would let him defend himself or apologize or whatever it was that he wanted to do before she changed the subject or chose any number of the myriad options available to her. Her head tilted slightly as she continued to look at his face, analyzing him thoughtfully.

Beatbox wasn't surprised by the answer, even though he did make it seem to be a bad thing to marry her... maybe it was a bad idea to say that it wasn't much of a choice at all, but she did lack emotion towards him. He let go and took a seat again next to her with an angered look "I understand that Hakai. And I didn't mean in that way as I see your much more than that. However you lack the emotion towards me as it were." he looked towards her "You say you wouldn't treat me as another thing or as nothing, however you haven't shown care or any form of liking towards me. I have given you plenty of chances and I have probably expected too much but." he looked down, he didn't know what to expect from this he didn't know what to feel. He simply tried to fight against his emotions as he stood up "I've lost who I am. I am nothing more than a lost soul in this world that must fight to get out of here, surrounded by people lacking of care for anyone. For I am nothing more than just an option. There are plenty of people out there would would like to be yours yet you're wasting your time on me, of all people. Yet I do not understand why." he stayed silent for a bit. Tears went down his eyes but very few "I have shown my affection towards you, yet you never had done the same. And I understand thats who you are, but I never thought I would fall in love to someone as so soulless. I don't just understand. I thought this not much of an option, and I apologize, I should have stated my true feelings my true goals, my true affection towards you." he looked back at her, and took a deep breath "But I appreciate the chance that you have given me, and I understand that you may not like me that way." he gave her a slight smile, even though it may feel like he's forcing it upon himself, yet he shown care for her.

@Hakai

"Your pretty stupid." Hakai said, standing up and debating whether to leave or not. "Your just too blind to see the little ways that I treat you differently from others." She glared at him. "If I thought of you as just a thing or didn't care about you, I would have said yes a few moments ago. If I had said yes it would have proven that I feel nothing for you. I guess you don't understand that though. Don't act so condescending as though your better than me just because you have strong emotions. And don't you dare call me souless. A person without a soul is worth nothing." She stepped towards him, her hand clenching the handle of her katana as it appeared on her belt next to her. "Your blind." She said, glaring at him. She paused a moment, her expression softening before leaning in and kissing him gently for a few moments. She finally pull Ed back. "But that's a part of you and I accept that." She said to him softly, giving him a small smile. 

Beatbox looked down, he didn't know what to do, he had kept screwing up this situations, he didn't know what to do at this point, his head began to hurt and began to spin in many directions. He screwed up in many directions, he didn't want to say she was entirely soul less, and he supposed that she was right with what she had said, she gave more thought about this than he thought, he wished he could just think ahead for once. "God damn it James, you're as blind as ever..." he thought to himself as she called him blind and she had placed a hand on the handle of her katana, he shook his head... looks like he screwed up just a little too far. However what happened next he didn't expect to happen, she leaned forward and kissed him lightly and gave him a light smile, he lightly smiled back and chuckled, he didn't know what to do or say, except looked at her with that smile and said to her softly "and I accept who you are, I wouldn't have fallen for you if it wasn't for that Hakai. I apologize for asking you to marry me in the first place, I shouldn't have had looked at you like that. I guess I was fighting who I am, but I believe I am seeing who I am now." he said with a smile growing on his face but expecting anything at this point.

@Hakai

She glanced away, a bit embarrassed. "Stop being so mushy..." She said before looking back at him. "You dont need to apologize for asking me to marry you, just your reasons for doing so." She sat next to him, avoiding physical contact with him. She felt kind of awkward having been the one to initiate the kiss, and even though he hadn't seemed to mind she just didn't feel comfortable with it. She ignored it and scooted closer to him, leaning so that her head lay on his shoulder before speaking. "I feel like we're getting closer together and farther apart at the same time. Your level seems to be skyrocketing and mine is just inching up. At the same time we grow closer emotionally. I dont think our relationship will work unless I can get to around your level of strength." She stated. "I just felt like thats something that I needed to say to you. I'm going to be trying harder to catch up to you."

Beatbox chuckled, he was acting all mushy and stuff, however he was speaking the honest truth, he had actually had fallen in love with her even if she didn't fully love him back. She had been pulling things out of no where and did things he never really expected, like laying her head on his shoulder. He looked down and smiled, then looked back forward outwards towards the window seeing the players walk past the trail next to his home towards and away from the settlement of taft listening to her words. He grinned and said to her "Really? I just have been working hard to keep myself alive, because honestly with this world I know I am going to die. Its almost inevitable with the people that have gained a false sense of freedom. But, I will delay that as much as I possibly can. I do not want to disappoint you Hakai. I have slown down now, theres not much I really need at the moment, I need to work on my cooking skills if anything." he chuckled.

@Hakai

She smiled, starting to enjoy the close proximity with Beatbox. "You can work on cooking, but i really dont think that either of us should grow complacent. We need all of the skill points and levels we can get if we're going to beat this game, and if we want to stay together." She stated before sitting up and leaning back in the chair. "I wont be content until I have acrobatics, athletics, precision, grandmastered charge, and battle healing." She stated, wondering if her plans matched up with his. They seemed to have very similar builds from what she could tell in the time that they'd been together, just working towards maximum damage. She had called her build one based around damage over time and status effects, but at this point it wasn't really close to that at all. Things had changed, both in the mechanics of the game and her level. "And a unique that i've heard rumors about." She commented at the end nonchalantly. 

Beatbox smiled at her build that she had been wanting, his was much more simpler and he wanted a much much simpler build, he looked at her at said "I'm just trying to grandmaster charge and light armor to get acrobatics from now. Thats about it, I am not looking to do that much at the moment other than DPS builds I suppose." he chuckled. He then heard about her spoke about a unique rumor, however... he didn't hear any information about them, it was supposed to come out as the 20th floor was open, however... it wasn't found at all. He grinned, and said "Now that I think about it, I have heard no information about them, heck the head scout broker ended up missing. We have no idea where they are going to end up." he then said looking down trying to find out what is to happen from now, he wanted one, and he had one in mind... however if they aren't found anywhere there is no chance in getting them. This is absolutely no fair in his eyes as it were.

@Hakai

"Yeah. All I know is the description of the one I want, and even that might be unfounded." She stated, agreeing with him. "And my build is just the standard DPS build too. I just happen to have a demonic and have invested in a mod that most people ignore because they don't understand the versatility it provides." She stated. "Until more skills come out, which i'm certain they will, my build really cant be much other than standard. It might be slightly different, but it would be difficult to describe it as anything but standard." She stated, sitting back up. She scooted a little bit away, leaning on the arm of the chair and positioning herself so that she could face Beat and they could have a face to face discussion. "If your willing to share, what sort of plans do you have for the future?" She asked, wanting to know what he wanted before she even considered partnering with him through marriage.

Beatbox had smiled as she was postioning herself for a face to face conversation, he had listened to her speak and couldn't agree with her more about what she had said about skills. She had asked what his plans we're in the future, he had thought about that before but he never really got to a full conclusion, he figured to might as well speak with what he has got at the moment with a smile "Live, Protect, move on with this game. Even if it means needing to remove one to move on, then so be it. I was planning on forming my own guild, a possible branch off of CA. However if they don't like the idea, then I suppose it just wont be a branch off of CA and it will be its own entity to help push the game progress forward from the crawl its been so far." he leaned back in his chair and looking up to the ceiling of his home and closed his eyes with a sigh "There's been a lot on my mind lately, I am sorry for my behavior today on your visit. I didn't mean any of it, well or didn't really think too much on it."

@Hakai