[PP-NK-F1] Strange encounter (Dominion and Shadowpixel)

Dominion just finished the last part of his first journal entry, revising it to make it more readable. Dominion had been up for several hours in the night, and when he looked up again it was bright. Dominion could not help but stretch his arms, yawn, and look up at the sky from where he sat in his usual place beside the cold stone of the building, which was supporting his back. He stood up and looked for the sun. He turned his head around in all directions, but the sun was nowhere in sight. It must be a bit early for people to be getting up, unless they are early risers. Dominion used the stone wall behind him as a support, lifting his body up until he was back onto his feet. He looked both directions as he moved out from his spot, making sure to be courteous to players who might be walking by. He stepped out and saw a group of players standing around the first floor, most of which hadn't even left the city once. Dominion didn't wish to discourage the lower level players, especially since he got assistance from Sey a while back himself. As he walked out into the street, he waved at them and began to make his way towards the main gate, which led players out of the city.

Edited by Dominion

Pixel had been sitting on a bench near the gate that led outside of the safe zone and into the fields. She had been a little bit unhappy that she had finally left Sey, but it was for the better. She had been investing in weapon skills for a while now and was getting stronger after each day of training. She still hadn't managed to replace her leopard clothes for anything better, but the +1 mitigation made up for the exposure. She had been hoping to find a new training partner for a couple of days now. There was a small crowd near the bench she was sitting on and it made her feel a little bit more lonely inside. When she saw Dominion walking out to the main gate, waving to the players, she got up and ran over to him. "Hi! Are you going out to train? Can I go with you please? I promise I won't be any trouble." Pixel asked as she reached his side quickly.

Dominion was beginning to walk away from the crowd, but he heard someone behind him make a vocal greeting. He turned his head over his shoulder to look. A girl about a foot and a half shorter than himself was running over to him. Dominion didn't stop walking toward the gate, but he did slow down a lot. As she was running to catch up to him, she asked if he was going out to train, and then she asked if she could go with him. He smiled as he did not usually have company training. Dominion turned his head back to face the gate which he was approaching, but spoke loud enough for her to hear him while he faced away. "Yes, I am going out to the woodlands to attack random mobs that spawn. I am also searching for a certain mob that I would like to tame as a pet, but only to find it and not tame it quite yet." Then she stated that she wouldn't be any trouble. Dominion believed her without a second thought. Dominion then realized she had no idea who Dominion was, and he stopped a few feet before exiting the city. He gave his usual introduction by extending his two arms out, his left hand covered his right, as he bowed to the girl. While doing this, Dominion said, "Hello, my name is Dominion the monk. I don't believe we have met before, so what may I call you?" Dominion raised his torso back up and gave his attention to the girl. 

Pixel bowed as well once she heard what Dominion said and after he bowed and introduced himself. "My username is Shadowpixel, but most people call me Pixel. Nice to meet you!" Pixel introduced herself as she stood up straight and faced him. Dominion, a nice name indeed. Pixel was a little bothered that Dominion was way taller than her, but she just let it go and kept a smile, since a lot of people were taller than her. "I'm glad that I saw you leaving, ever since I left Sey I've been looking for a training partner! If you see whatever mob that you want as a pet, just give the word and I won't harm it." Pixel said as she smiled at him. Dominion seemed friendly enough, which was good enough for Pixel. She trusted anyone who seemed nice enough.

Dominion listened to the girl as she gave him a name. "Shadowpixel? Any reason for using that as your username?" Dominion grinned when she said that most people called her Pixel. Recently, he himself had been called Dom by newcomers, which was somewhat odd to him. She mentioned a player, Sey, and Dominion seemed to perk-up. Dominion could not help but ask her, "So, Sey chose a training partner? He saved me in combat against a boar that stood right past these gates, not that long ago." Dominion remembered Sey's ability to use the one handed spear like a strategist, using his sword arts at just the right time to keep the attention on him. Dominion smiled back at Pixel when she made it clear to him that she would not harm whatever mob he sought as a pet, and turned to walk the vague dirt path which led away from the city. Dominion realized that his player build could conflict with hers and asked, "So, what type of build are you making yourself?"

Pixel thought about her username for a moment. "My username doesn't have much backstory behind it. I've played stealthy roles in most MMOs which is the shadow part, but I never really thought about the pixel part." Pixel explained. She really didn't know why she made that her username. She was a little surprised that Sey had helped out Dominion. "You knew Sey? I wasn't exactly his training partner, we were just close friends. I owe a lot to him, he's the reason I can handle combat in this game." Pixel stated with a smile. She was glad to find someone else that was helped by Sey. Then Dominion asked about her build, "My build? I'm going for a balanced DPS build, will that get in the way?" Pixel asked as she tilted her head to one side while still looking up at Dominion.

Dominion was glad to here she chose a damage dealing build. He himself was making a Healer build, but currently had only invested in personal healing skills. "No, that is very good. Last time I went out to defeat a boar, which was only a couple days ago, it took me the entire day. I only do base damage but that is alright. I am making a healing build, one that will be of great use in group battles." Dominion was reassured by her DPS build, one that he could definitely work with. He saw the tree line in the distance, an area which Wolfie and himself were very accustom to fight in. "Have you ever entered past the tree line on this floor? There is a quest in there, something about a medical property. I don't plan to do that quest for a while, so I thought we could just defeat some of the stronger Nepents and search around." Dominion stopped talking as he walked and thought about where he could possibly find the mob he intended to tame.  

(OOC- if we fight mobs that are loot eligible, they will require half of Dominion's HP)

Pixel nodded in response to Dominion's question, "Yes in fact, I have gone past those trees. I have already completed the quest that you speak of. You need to kill a specific type of Nepent for the item drop, which is the medicine needed for the quest. If you only do base damage, you'll never be able to finish it. The Nepent you need to kill has 5 mitigation. The other Nepents are easy picking though. I wouldn't worry too much about them doing damage." Pixel explained as she opened her menu and equipped her leopard clothes. She then summoned her Anneal Blade to her right hand and did a quick stretch. "I'll gladly take out the Nepents with you. Sorry if my outfit is a little exposing, I just need to wear it in combat, since it blocks 9 damage. So, are you ready to go?" Pixel asked, before smiling up at Dominion. 

Dominion was still walking while he listened to Pixel. She made mention that he wouldn't be able to finish the quest without doing more than base damage, and she was probably right. He turned his head around when he stopped hearing her talk. She had stopped and equipped her leopard clothes. He honestly didn't realize that the outfit was "exposing" until she mentioned it. He turned his head quickly away when he realized what she meant, but tried to make the movement look intentional. He opened his own menu and equipped his Monkey King armor and Spirit Monkeys, which were his fist weapons. "Yeah, I am ready", Dominion said as he closed his menu. Without much thought he started to run the rest of the dirt path to the tree line, the wind around him was warmed by the rays of sunlight on the grasslands. Dominion was built for physical endurance and fighting, even though his build hindered his real world abilities greatly. He looked over his left shoulder to ask Pixel, "So, what was it like where you came from in the real world?".  By the time Dominion asked, he was at the entrance to the forest.

Pixel was glad to finally be back in the woods, they always seemed soothing to her. "Hmm, in real life? Things were usually quite boring around my town. All of the neighbors were old and hardly any of them had kids. I played a lot of video games for the most part. I was never really an outside type of person, you get what I mean?" Pixel said as she looked through the woods. She got a good grip on her blade with her right hand and held it close to her side. The warm breeze felt nice on her as it gently pushed her hair and clothes. The game seemed pretty realistic no matter how she looked at it. "You can lead the way. Just give the word and I'll attack." Pixel said as she continued to smile and put her hands behind her head. She just loved the feeling of the warm breeze.

Dominion was always outside traveling from one place to the next, so didn't quite understand. However, all newer friends from America told him that they sat inside and played video games, so he sort of knew what she was talking about. Dominion looked to the left and right, not seeing any mobs of interest. Dominion moved several feet forward, getting into a new position to look around. Surely enough, there Dominion took notice to a Nepent of rather promising HP and assumed a fine Damage output. "Well, I would say that Nepent to your left is as good as any other. Go ahead and attack, since you deal more damage than me. I will either attack after you, or I will heal you. Whichever is needed more, since I do only slightly more than base damage." Dominion said this to her as he himself walked around to stand on the other side of the Nepent. Getting into a strategic position was something Dominion liked to do, even if strategy didn't really matter in Mob battles.

Dominion: 280 HP, 28 Energy, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 1 Par, 1 BLD, 2 DMG (2 Ranks: Battle Healing, First Aid)

Pixel: ?

Nepent: 140 HP, 10 DMG

Pixel looked to the left and saw the Nepent that Dominion was talking about. She turned to face it and gripped her blade. She began to get ready to use her sword art Skyward Strike, and use her Charge skill at the same time. "I'll see how much I can do!" Pixel said as her Anneal Blade began to glow blue and yellow simultaneously. She darted forward at the Nepent and swung at it as fast as she could, but it moved out of the way with it's roots and Pixel missed her attack. Her blade hit the ground with a clink and Pixel clenched her fist and tried to control herself. She had missed more times than hit in this game and it was really getting annoying. The Nepent moved behind her quickly and whipped her with it's vines, getting a critical hit, and dealing 12 damage to her, but her clothes blocked 9 of the damage, so she only received three damage. "Sorry! I'll get it next time!" Pixel apologized as she stood back up and looked over to Dominion.

ID: 74134

BD: 5

MD: 10 (The dice is holding a grudge against me for something.)

Dominion: 280 HP, 28 Energy, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 1 Par, 1 BLD, 2 DMG (2 Ranks: Battle Healing, First Aid)

Pixel: 137 HP, 12 Energy, 1 MIT, 5 DMG (1 Ranks: Battle Healing, Charge)

Edited by Shadowpixel

Dominion was on his way to the location he wished to stand at. As he continued to walk around the Nepent, he heard Pixel say, "I'll see what I can do". He turned his focus back to a vine, which connected the rock to a tree canopy, which just so happened to be right over the Nepent. Dominion began walking steadily up the large vine, with not too much trouble excluding his rather heavy weight. He forgot that his actually weight probably didn't transfer over into the game, but on the off chance that it did, he would need to be even more cautious. He made a couple steps forward when he glanced down. Pixel struck out with stunning speed, only to miss the Nepent. Following that, the Nepent struck her with it's vine from behind. Dominion had to make a decision, but he needed to see how much damage she had taken. He say Pixels health bar barely move, so he sighed in relief. She said, "Sorry, I will get it next time", to which Dominion responded from above. "Great attack even if it evaded, I don't think I can best that". He lowered his body weight on the vine and jumped. He flipped so that his legs would wrap around the vine like an upside down monkey and struck the Nepent with his palm. His fist weapons gave off a golden hue from them, but since the hue wasn't blue, there was obviously no SA used. He landed beside the Nepent and stood beside Pixel. "I think its paralyzed...", said Dominion as he looked at the Nepent with uncertainty. 

Spoiler

ID# 74142

BD: 9 (Critical Success) [2+1=3 Dmg] (paralyzed for next attack, bleed for 12 (first turn)) Total Dmg=15

Dominion: 280 HP, 28 Energy, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 1 Par, 1 BLD, 2 DMG (2 Ranks: Battle Healing, First Aid) -2 Hate

Pixel: 137/140 HP, 10/12 Energy, 9 MIT, 5 DMG (1 Ranks: Battle Healing, Charge)

Nepent- 125/140 HP, 10 DMG

Edited by Dominion