[F1] Lesson One: In the Beginning (ft. Jazz & Alice)

Alice had been looking for some quests to knock out, finding extreme difficulty in obtaining information on any that were within her capabilities. Even some of the easiest ones people would tell her about required her to have some decent gear to stay alive, let alone allow her to deal any feasible damage required if it had to deal with combat. Not to mention the only one that didn't mention anything about combat had the chance of wiping out half of her health in a single gust of scorching wind, which she couldn't take seriously when she heard about it. This game really did have a strong learning curve, but after a few hours of scouting the floors that were available for her to explore and chatting with players and NPCs in town, she finally got word of an NPC named Zakariah who had an ideal quest for anyone just starting up in Aincrad. She would quickly make her way to the entrance of the man's shop, closing the door gently behind her.

Spoiler

<<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

This quest takes place on Floor 1

This quest is not repeatable and is level restricted.

Image result for D&D innkeeper

Background Information - An old NPC man, dubbed 'Zackariah', is in the Town of Beginnings. He plans on helping the new players of SAO by helping them understand the basic's of Sword Art Online.

Quest Objective
-Go fetch five(5) Tier one materials and give them to Zakariah.

(Go into the wild and gain materials though non-combat gathering and by rolling the LD, and linking it to a post. These materials are then given to the NPC)

-Help Zakariah in his workshop by crafting a Healing Potion.

(Roll the CD by linking it to a post.)1-3 fail, try again| 4-6 (Good Quality- Success)| 7-9(Rare Quality-Success)| 10-12(Perfect Quality-Success)
[Zackariah will give players materials until they roll a success, but the player is helping him, so he keeps the crafted potion(s).] [Zackariah is kind hearted, and will not berate the player should they fail, merely try to talk them through to process and help them]

-Zakariah asks you to deliver a package to Lyle Tealeaf, a local Blacksmith

-The Blacksmith, Lyle Tealeaf, thanks you and says he could use your help on another matter 

Requirements:

-At least one [1] Pages (20 or more posts)
-Players can find Materials by rolling the LD(11+)
-Must RP traveling to his workshop and from Zackariah's place to Lyle's workshop
-Maximum Party size of 2.
-Cannot take if you are higher than level 15, or be accompanied by someone over 15

(Please note, this only works for quest materials. If you find more than you needed this way, you do not get to keep them because this LR roll amount is reduced for the quest only. All other non-combat gathering needs to conform to the standard rules. You CANNOT selectively choose whether it's a quest material or not. )

Rewards:

1. Questers will be rewarded the following items
    - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
    - 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
    -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

2. 2 Additional Skill Points

If a party of players undertakes this quest together, each must succeed on their own task list (e.g. each must gather 5 materials)

Edited by Alice

Jazz had made her way to the first floor, ready to knock out one of the easiest quests in the game. She had heard that it had pretty great rewards, including a variety of potions, which was great with what she was striving to achieve. If she was going to be one of the greatest healers in the game, she would have to work towards gathering supplies for battles and leveling up her ability to heal others. As it was, this quest and the two in the series that followed, would allow her to quickly build up to that point, but it definitely would require an exponential amount of work as time carried on. The NPC's shop was just a few dozen meters ahead and she watched as another player quickly slipped in, likely having come from a different part of town. She followed suit, letting herself in and waiting for her turn to speak with the man, having not recognized the player as someone she had met.

While she wasn't surprised that another player was here to take on the quest or purchase something from the shop, she wasn't expecting the next thing to happen. The NPC responsible for the quest stood from his chair and addressed the both of them, "Ah, welcome! Welcome! I see that both of you are beginners, yes." He didn't hesitate, leading Alice to believe that there was nothing that a player could purchase here, "You!" He pointed at Alice first, then to the other, "And you! Yes, both of you!" He waved them closer as he made his way over, "I need the assistance of both of you, at once, yes. This is very important. I need five brown mushrooms from the edge of the forest near the springs and I need them without a second to spare so make it fast. Now, both of you, go!" Alice was slightly shocked with how bluntly the NPC was commanding them to do his bidding, but it was a quest that she had to knock out so she opened the door and held it open for the other player, "Well, looks like we'll be completing this together. I'm Alice, nice to meet you."

Without a moment to lose, she was slammed with a bunch of orders that she wasn't too sure what to do with. Something about mushrooms and the very important matter that it was both of them, not just one or the other, as well as something to do with forests and springs. Following the lead of the other player that just so happened to catch every word and understand the matter of hand, she would introduce herself just the same, "I'm Jazz, total noob. Nice to meet you." She didn't know it at the time, but they were quite equal, though she did have considerably more health than the stranger. Leading the way as the player held the door, she would begin heading towards their designated location, "So Alice, you must be pretty low leveled yourself to be taking on the quest, got any plans?" Jazz didn't have much in mind beyond increasing her healing ability and gathering other supportive skills, but it wasn't a popular path to go down.

Jazz seemed to know the direction of where they needed to go so she would allow her the honor of leading the party of two while they had some small talk. While she absolutely hated having to admit to being one of the low level crowd, at least she knew that her company was part of the crowd as well, "You've got me - I'm about as low level as they come." In the past, she had informed one player known as Beatbox about some of her more ambitious goals, but he seemed to show that he was more open than the current discussion at hand, "As for goals though, I've really only got two in mind. Obviously, I want to get stronger to fight on the frontlines. When I get to that status though, I want to be able to contribute to players like you and me that are looking to get our foot in the door." Without paying attention, they would arrive at the border of the forest and springs. "I'm assuming that you have or still are having some degree of difficulty doing most 'dangerous' activities on your own?" It was true for Alice, though this quest was a slight exception. While waiting for her answer, she'd keep her eye open for some mushrooms.

ID: 74804

LD: 15

1 Mushroom found.

Edited by Alice

She wasn't all too surprised with another player striving to one day fight on the frontlines, considering that was really the only way to make a name in this place and a lot of people actually wanted to escape this world. Every time, Jazz would just have to remind herself that she was the odd one out, enjoying the freedom that was given to her on a silver platter that others referred to as a prison of horror. While she didn't feel too excited about helping players knock out floor after floor in the future, she had no intentions on seeing any players die for that sole purpose. However, she was slightly caught off guard by the second goal that she had in mind, "Oh, that's right. I tend to stay within the safe zones unless I'm with another player, usually one that can dish out damage and take a hit. I'm always watching from afar, cheering them on and healing them if needed." She hadn't ever asked any shops if they had spare gear for charity, assuming that they were all in it for the business, but this could be an incredible change of pace for beginners like themselves, "What did you have in mind? Running a sort of "charity," making a training guild, or simple handing out gear to those in need?"

ID: 74896

LD: 17

1 Mushroom found.

Edited by Jazz