[PP:F1:NK: Complete] Outskirts of Starting City [w/Seul]

Opal had been standing in a field of boars now what felt like an eternity. It was high noon and most of the players were scouring the prairie for the local grind and yet the field was clear of any players. Standing there as an imposing figure was the high leveled player; Opal of Laughing Coffin. She had slept much and was contemplating her options for the next several days. She was awake and ready to move on with her plans. 

In the bright sunlight, her dark armor reflected the sunlight into a dull orange and black. Her violet eyes looked on with an expressionless face as her body showed a more rigid stance with her arms folded and eyes set for the gate of the city. A long bladed Katana was impaled into the Earth and her familiar Jaken sat in the grass, arms crossed with his eyes closed. Opal's long silver colored hair shifted with the breeze of an incoming wind. Eyes set force still as it lingered and wrapped around her body for the brief moment that it was there before settling off once again into the world. 

She sighed slightly, "He should be here any moment." she had recalled earlier that day that she had sent a message to a one named @Seul. They had known each other briefly, being recognized as a loyal member of Aincrad and a fighter, he was a necessary player for the Knights of the Blood, of course after her deception towards the guild things were not the same with the Red and White. She did not talk much with the members, avoided her presence with them the best she could. But now was the time to saddle up and set out what she had planned to do from the start. The message within was brief.

To: Seul
Body: Meet me in the field of floor 1 where the Boars spawn. Come alone. 
PS: Im not gonna kill. Please, I need your help.

Given the message and her actions, it would be hard to believe anything she said. But hopefully he would come, if not, well then...She would have to find another person who was loyal to Aincrad. 

Edited by Opal

Of course he was reluctant to show up; anyone who was of sound mind would have been if they knew of the kinds of things the message sender had done. Why now of all times did Opal choose to break her silence? And why him when there were plenty of capable players in Aincrad that were way out of his league? It didn't make sense, but he figured his Weakness was also a good reason for the meeting to not be a trap either. Now that he thought about it, Opal wasn’t around as much as before. This opportunity offered a good excuse to gather some intel as to why.

Although this was hardly his first trek into the fields outside of the starting city, but the walk through the grassy wilderness felt longer today than ever before. Seul wasn't sure what awaited him once he passed through the town's gates, but the uncertainty life was just something he'd have to accept while being held as a prisoner in the game. In a few minutes he'd be face to face with the woman he once respected so much. She ended up throwing that away for seemingly no reason at all and he wasn't going to be satisfied until he had answers.

“...Surprised?” He had indeed come alone. Honoring her request didn't make them pals now though; he was simply here to see how he could help, if at all. Whatever she had to say he'd hear her out, but keeping his distance would just have to be part of the deal for now.

Edited by Seul

"I am." She said, soft smile on her blackened lips, but moved not an inch from her position. He looked ready to run if need be and he stood firm in his place. The boy had grown as a player, however he didn't have the noticeable Red n White, did he leave the guild? It was question that did not need to be answered, however there were others. Most specifically, 'why?' She squinted her eyes at him with that brief smile on her face, it soon dissolved into a more complicated expression. She moved her body forward, wind catching her hair once more as it ran off her slim shoulders. She did not take the pulsating dark blade, Masamune X with her, as she made her way towards Seul.

"You are the first player I had asked to join the Knights of the Blood. You trusted me back then, I hope you trust me now. You probably feel a bit betrayed by the acts of killing a player by the name Dom and rightfully bringing down the Azure Brigade with Oikawa. Forgive the man, he was not in his right mind when he slayed Zelrius. I was full aware of what was happening, but I had my reasons. Complicated reasons." 

The woman sighed lightly leaving a few feet between the two. Her hands hooked behind her back and she turned away from him, head titled to the serene sky above, "You remember when you were level one and you fought these boars? How difficult it was to hurdle and kill these things. Now a simple sword swipe can kill them easily for us. We've come along way, matured and grew. I joined Laughing Coffin, but not for the reason you think."

She swiftly turned and her eyes were narrowed, "I joined to destroy them. For far too long have players died because of the upbringing of PK guilds. Someone...someone had to take care of them so that no others would perish. Dom was a player killer, he deserved to die. Zelrius a former player killer, toting the dual blades and one of the so called Heroes of Aincrad...was too a Player Killer. They had to die. That was the first step. My next was to infiltrate Laughing Coffin because I knew of the rumors. Any player who kills another does not deserve to live. I...do not deserve to live. So I am doing what I should have done a little while ago. I'm gonna remove them from Aincrad but I don't know if I can do it alone." 

She looked at him, eyes on his face, "I'm not asking you to come with me. I'm giving you what I have gained, because I don't think I will come back alive. I want you to give everyone a message for me when you see them. KoTB, whoever...spread this word to them. Opal was a woman who was deceiving and uncaring. She needed no friends no allies. When you see my name scratched off the Monument of Life, I want to make sure players are aware of my crimes and atrocities. They need a reason to hate sometimes, a reason to kill and to stand up to Player Killers. Tell them...Opal was no hero this day, tell them she was exactly what she had been this entire time; a Traitor. A no body. Do not fill their heads with me being some self sacrificing Goddess." 

Opal placed a finger on her Trade menu and began to shift the items around, "This is all for you. Do with it what you will." 

Traded Items to Seul:

-Katana of the Fallen 
-Demonic Egg
-Maiden's Kiss
-Glittering Snowflake
Col: Will be sent via Dashboard
-Essence of Steel x2

He wasn’t sure what to say. Was this a joke? If it was it wasn’t a very funny one. Yelling seemed like the right response, but when he opened his mouth no sound was able to escape. All this time everything she did was to help keep Aincrad a safer place for everyone. In some twisted way Opal was just doing her part to protect the players. Even if that was true, the price for it didn't come cheap! Slowing down floor clearing, nearly destroying the knights, and making herself into a villain; was it really worth it just to rid the world of player killers for a little while longer?!

One glance was enough to tell that she wasn’t lying to him and the trade window before him now only confirmed that point further. Whatever feelings that had been swirling insidehim had quickly turned to anger as his hands balled down at his sides. “This… Isn’t a game.” He growled in a low tone. “There could have been another way; you didn’t need to turn into a goddamn bad guy for everyone to hate! Now I’m just supposed to keep all of this a secret while you go off and die? What the hell kind of deal is that?!”

After letting that out  he had calmed down slightly, but his eyes would remain on the ground now as he waited for a response. For the first time in ages it felt like he had reached through to the woman from before, only to be told this would likely be the last time it’d ever happen. It wasn’t fair, but this likely wasn’t an easy decision for her either. He could only imagine the things she had to endure; what it felt like to kill and be loathed by most.

His mind raced with ways to try and keep her from going through with this plan, but all of them turned to dead ends. With little other choice, he finally accepted the trade request and with a defeated expression placed the items in his inventory. “I'm... Sorry I doubted you. And for what I said just now. Taking on all the players killers is really a task I wouldn't be able to pull off even if I mustered all of my bravery." He'd need to pick his next words carefully. "Are you sure about this though? I mean, you’re still one of us after all... The top of this castle is going to feel a little lonelier without you up there with the rest of the frontliners when we clear the last floor.”

Recieved Items:

-Katana of the Fallen 
-Demonic Egg
-Maiden's Kiss
-Glittering Snowflake
Col: Will be sent via Dashboard
-Essence of Steel x2

Edited by Seul

"It is not a game," she repeated to herself quiety as he assaulted her with those words. It was not the first time she heard them but it might be the last. She sighed lightly, flicking the violet bangs of hair from her eyes, "Say what you will. You are not alone to burden this secret. There are others who know of what I am doing. Seek out Calrex, Grave, and Itzal. They are all know my true intentions from this. You and they will know the truth of the matter. But I am also doing this for a part of myself. I've had to burden the death's of the lives I have taken as well. Me dieing, this will set things right. This world is precious and their are Player Killers who are as strong as Calrex and they live like kings. If I don't attempt something, if no one will, then you will all die."

The woman shifted her weight from one leg to another and looked at him with an inexperienced expression, one of confusion and another of sorrow. Her hand lifted lightly and placed it on his shoulder, "You will do great things for this world. You will fight tooth and nail for what you believe is right. You are not alone, I see you no longer bear the Knights of Blood colors. That's a shame, its a legacy I wish to have seen to the end. But there is a future that we must all to realize and see, Seul. Don't lose that heart inside of you. People will die, many more will, you will see loved ones die in your arms. But you will also have good memories of others. You'll laugh again one day." The woman turned, flicked her hair with the back of her hand and slowly moved towards Jaken kicking him towards the ground as she reached for her Masamune X, "Wake up, it's time to go." Unsheathing the massive sword from the earth, she flicked her head towards Seul and mounted the blade over her shoulder. 

"Take care, Seul! Make sure you live or I'll come back as a ghost and kick your ass. Guarantee that!" The woman shifted once more. She could use the portal, but she felt herself an Orange Player. The only way to go was to walk the lonely road.

@Seul

Sadness Engage 

And just like that she had left.  Seul watched her walk away, even staying behind several minutes once she was out of sight to see if she'd return. She did not. He stood there helplessly, only with Opal’s parting words and the items she gifted him by his side for company. Was it too late to go after her? He didn't know the way or even where she was going and he didn't care either; there had to be a way!

There wasn't.

The sad truth was he was useless.

A failure as both a hero and a as a friend to all he met.

The only thing keeping back tears at this point was the extra force being used to keep his eyelids shut. In the past death never bothered him on an emotional level. Not the deaths of Zelrius or Ssendom, Manta Gaul or Ebony, or his own familiar for that matter. He tried to forget about them as best he could and for a long time it worked. He had  moved on and even managed to surpass some of them. Detachment was the only way to carry on. But this… This was too much. If someone as powerful as Opal was destined to die here, what did that mean for the rest of them? What was the point of getting stronger all this time if he couldn't save anyone, himself included?

Occasionally a boar would wander over and nudge at him, interupting his train of thought, but he didn't pay the monsters enough mind to slay them as he laid on a grassy hillside. There was no point as they wouldn't be able to kill him and he had enough death for one day. Still they nudged and nudged and eventually he lost count of how passed in the hours he remained there.

Red and orange painted the sky as the sun settled on the horizon. It seemed this particular chapter was coming to a close, with him being one of the few people to bear witness to the truth hidden within its pages. Although he was better now for having faced his feelings, he expected a lingering pain to remain for some time as well. "Kick my ass, huh...? I don't doubt anything at this point." He mumbled through a meek smile as he got up to walk back to town. "I guess I’ll just have to do a little extra living for you and anyone else that doesn't make it out of here then, Opal.”

Edited by Seul

This thread is complete. Both Seul and I agreed that no rewards were necessary and that this was mainly a Prologue in my next Chapter. 

Officially, Opal has traded what items of worth she had along with a massive amount of Col collected to Seul and his future. 

Thus ends this thread, but the beginning of something new in another.