[SP-F1] <<The first few lessons are free>> Tutorial Do Over P1 COMPLETE

"Hey, did you hear about the quest you can get from Zackariah?" a guy asked his friend as they walked through the main square.

"Really? What is it?" his companion inquired.

"Well it's supposed to be for beginners so it's really easy. It's supposed to be like a tutorial for players that are planning to jump out into the fields to work towards the front lines," he replied as they continued on through one of the many streets of the Town of Beginnings.

As the two had been conversing, Vargas had over heard them and been intrigued. A quest for teaching newer players? Vargas wondered as he considered the conversation the two players had. This could prove interesting. At least it'll likely help me gain levels faster. For some time he would wonder around the Town of Beginnings as he'd search for Zackariah. It didn't too long for him to find Zackariah's shop. Entering the shop Vargas called out, "Hello, I'm looking for Zackariah."

Edited by Vargas

"Yes, that'd be me." Vargas looked at the responder. He was close to his own height, with grey hair and beard. His attire looked like that of a scholar, though the belted pouches and the appearance of the shop appeared more like that of an alchemist. "I heard you had a quest for people to undertake." Vargas said, getting straight to the point. "Ah, yes." Placing down the plants that he'd been inspecting, he walked over to Vargas. 

"Yes, yes. Well, for now, I seem to be running low on marigold and leech root. If you don't mind, I'd much appreciate if you could help in procuring some." A text box appeared, as per usual, asking if Vargas wished to accept the quest. Hitting 'okay' Zackariah said, "excellent my boy. Excellent. Now off with you, I have much research to return to." Zackariah turned away and returned to inspecting the plants from before.

Exiting the shop, Vargas looked at the quest info that had been updated in his log. "So I just have to gather a couple of these and then bring them back to him. That should be easy," Vargas said as he closed his menu and headed towards the gates of the town.

Edited by Vargas

Vargas exited the gates of the Town of Beginnings. It still amazed him at how realistic this world was. How expansive it appeared, as far as the horizon went he still couldn't see the other end. From what he knew, the first floor was about 100 kilometers in diameter and shrunk progressively each floor. Breathing deeply, he took in the 'fresh air' of the grass field. It was nice and made him feel good about living in this world, away from the old. Deciding it was best to get to work, Vargas headed out to find some marigold and leech root. Checking the yellow flower fields as he passed them and small water spots for the materials. As this was a quest, it wasn't that hard to know this wouldn't be entirely easy for him to accomplish right away. He was gonna have to probably travel further out and look.

ID #74853
LD: 10 (9 + 1)

Edited by Vargas

Vargas continued in his search for the materials he needed for Zackariah. It didn't appear the he'd be finding them close by to the Town of Beginnings. Venturing further out, Vargas examined the many plants that he came across. Some were strange and looked like nothing he'd seen before. Some of them, however, looked much like those in the real world. Dragon's tooth looked much alike to that of Bellflowers. One such flower caught him off guard. Fairy lily, which was actually a common name, was exactly like that of a Rainflower. What caught him off guard, though, was the memory associated with that flower. Vargas kneeled down and traced his fingers along the petals of the flower. "I will never forget you...but why...why'd you have to leave?" he asked as he kneeled there before the flower. His face having a wistful expression as he gazed upon the flower.

ID #74856
LD: 3 (2 + 1)

Edited by Vargas

"Mr. Heath, if you would be so kind as to answer the question." 

Pulling his gaze away from outside the window, Kyle looked at his teacher. The man was in his forties, of average lean build, and dark wavy hair. On the board was the question that he was referring to. Sighing, Kyle replied, "In 1566, Oda Nobunaga had Sunomata Castle built in one night under cover of dark, providing him with a fort to act as a bridgehead for his final attack on Inabayama Castle, the Saito clan's main castle in Gifu."

After saying that, Kyle returned to casually looking outside the window while his teacher looked at him a little annoyed. "Yes, well, continuing...." With that, class continued on as before, with Kyle staring out the window. It was a mid-autumn day, so the trees were still in change and the wind was decent. Such that it made for a nice scenery. Yet, this wasn't what caught his attention. It was the girl in the white sundress.

ID #74864
LD: 7 (6 + 1)

Edited by Vargas

"Hey, Kyle, you going to the fireworks festival?" Kito, a salt and pepper haired boy asked.

"Yeah, I figured I'd see if I could find a new book at a stall," he responded nonchalantly. Kite just smiled at this. He understood that Kyle liked to be by himself often. It was hard enough to get him to open up and talk to him so small talk was what occurred on Kyle's behalf. 

"I bet there will be a ton of cute girls," Kito whispered with his hand acting like a wall. His elbow poked into Kyle's ribs as he egged him on. Kyle, however, wasn't taking the bait. More like, he just wasn't interested. Kito dropped the act, seeing as his ploy had failed. "Well, either way, maybe you will meet someone. Who knows? You're always pushing everyone away. Maybe it's time you opened up more. We're in highschool now. This is when we should be making memories."

Looking up at Kito, "no, this is when you should be studying for college and determining your career path, especially with how much you struggle." Kito jumped at this at the provocation. "What are you talking?! I do fine. Besides, just cause I don't get the best grades doesn't mean I'm not planning my future."

"Is that so?" Kyle asked, his eyes glancing up at his friend with a knowing look. Seeing this, Kito began rubbing the back of his head and laughing nervously. "Well, I mean, I sort of have a plan." Kito then leaned over Kyle's desk and stared at him seriously. "But that's not the point. You shouldn't be holing yourself up away from everyone all the time. You should try getting out more. Go enjoy the festival instead of hiding in your room reading. You might actually enjoy it."

Kyle sighed at this before turning and looking at Kito, "fine, but after this you need to stop bugging me about it for a month." Kito face broadened into a smile as the teacher walked in. "Everyone in there seats please. Class will be starting soon."

ID #74867
LD: 7 (6 + 1)

Edited by Vargas

Sitting in the entrance hall, Kyle slipped on his shoes. "I'm headed out," he called back into the house. "Make sure to take an umbrella with you, there's a chance of rain." Was the reply he got in return from his mom. Grabbing an umbrella, he headed out the door and through the gate. He wore a jacket and jeans instead of a traditional kimono for the very reason that it might rain.

It wasn't long before he reached the festival location. Booths had been setup three days in advance and people were flocking though the multitude of varied stalls. Takoyaki stands, taiyaki stands, goldfish scooping, and so many others lined the street. The first thing Kyle did, of course, was he looked for a book stall. They weren't common but they did often have interesting books. It wasn't long before he found what he was looking for. He traveled up and down the stalls, enjoying the assortment of foods. It wasn't exactly fun but it wasn't boring for him either.

After some time, he moved away from the crowd and sat on a bench to partake in the book he'd just picked up. People continued to mill about as the firework display was yet to happen. The audible sound of displeasure and triumph could be heard from the goldfish scooping and katanuki stalls as people won. Kyle lost himself in his book, but was drawn out of it as the fireworks starte being fired. The night sky lit up into a multitude of colors, of varying shapes and sizes. His attention was drawn by the slight intake of breath to his left. It was a girl, with long blonde hair, wearing a traditional blue kimono with a silver obi. Her eyes lit up like the fireworks themselves as she watched. There was just something about her.

------------------------------------------------------------

Vargas shook his head as he continued walking. Looking around he spotted a patch of marigold and ran over to it to collect more. He was still needing leech root, and while he was at it he might as well pick up any other materials he might find.

ID #74880
LD: 14 (13 + 1)

+1 Mat

Edited by Vargas

The girl stood out against the oranges and reds of the leaves with her blonde hair and white sundress. She crouched before the flower beds as she brushed her hair back. Leaves flew up in a flurry as the wind rushed by, causing her hair to sway to the side. He couldn't quite see her eyes from the second floor but they seemed to glimmer as she smiled at the flowers. Moving his attention back to across the horizon, he saw as the leaves that were caught up flew across the sky, painting the blue in varying reds, yellows, oranges, and browns.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here she was, the same girl from then. Staring at the fireworks as they too painted the sky in color. Turning his head away towards the fireworks he watched as they manifested across the night sky. Coloring the sky in every color and hue possible. Oranges that faded to purple, reds that phased through blue, green, and yellow. Fireworks that broke mid flight and sprang into three pops rather than one explosion.

After awhile the fireworks display ended with one final extravagant run. With the end of the festival, people began leaving. Stalls were packing up and closing down. Tucking his book under his arm he began leaving as well. Looking back, he saw that the girl had already left as well. Putting it off his mind, he began his trek home. The festival grounds were rather large to accommodate the event. 

As he walked, he felt the beginning of the rain that he'd been worried about. Opening up his umbrella, he held it aloft, the rain landing and falling off of it. Families were running ahead as they tried to escape from the rain into their cars or for the cover of the bus stop that was some ways away. However, he saw the girl standing, likely waiting for her ride by herself, with no umbrella. 

Popping up his hoodie, he walked up to her. "Are you waiting for somebody?" He asked. She nodded in reply as her gaze remained unmoved. Holding the umbrella over her, he said, "take this, you don't want to get your kimono wet." She looked at him before shaking her head slightly. This confused Kyle, as she didn't appear to have an umbrella of her own. "Don't worry, I've got my jacket and my house isn't too far from here." Once again she shook her head, declining the umbrella. "Well, do you mind if I wait here with you until your ride arrives?" At this he got no response, so he figured she wasn't adverse to him remaining. He shifted the umbrella's position so as to reduce the rainfall that was falling on her.

About twenty minutes later, a car pulled over in front of them. The girl started walking forward, but stopped and looked back at him. "Thank you for your kindness," her silvery voice catching him off-guard as she bowed to him. With that she entered the car and left. Starting his own walk home he recalled her eyes. Amber. Her eyes were amber. Huh.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vargas crouched down, collecting more materials; this time it was Dalverleaf, a spiny green leaf. Those amber eyes felt like they'd captured my own essence inside back then. That's why it was so easy to be natural around her, he thought as he began searching around further for more materials

ID #74942
LD: 17 (16 + 1)

+1 Mat

2 Mats 

Edited by Vargas

The search continued as Vargas wandered around the area. Much of the floor was hills and grassland so finding areas for materials wasn't hard. Finding the materials, however, were. The game did not seem to want to generate the spawn locations anywhere near him. With how expansive the floor was and the amount of time he'd spent looking for materials, he'd probably have to search half the floor just to find the mats he needed. "I bet you would've loved this world. You would lost yourself to the expansiveness and the beauty available to be had," Vargas said aloud as he thought about how much detail there was. Of course, the fact that this was a Death Game, emphasis on Death, was probably the biggest and only negative to this world. Anything was possible, countless skills were available to be had. You were as strong as you wanted to be, so long as you worked for it. "But I wasn't strong enough. That's why I ran. I just couldn't do it, Natalia."

ID #74950
LD: 5 (4 + 1)

2 Mats

Edited by Vargas

Vargas tried to push away the sense of gloom that he was feeling from the recollection of the past. It was in the past, it was behind him. At least, he wanted it to be. He looked at his reflection as he kneeled down by a pond. Reaching forth, he cupped a handful of water and drank it. It was fresh, cold water that trickled down his throat. Using both hands he grabbed more and gulped it down. It wasn't like eating and drinking was quite as necessary as it was in the real world, but it gave most people a sense of normalcy. For Vargas, it just helped clear his head. He wiped his mouth of the droplets as he watched the ripples of the water spread across the smooth surface. As he stayed there he also noticed another plant growing just off the crest of the waters edge. He quickly walked over to it and collected it, as it would likely be good as another ingredient for Zackariah.

ID #75173
LD: 16 (15 + 1)

Edited by Vargas
  • 4 weeks later...

Vargas reached down and quickly collected another herb, or at least he thought it was an herb. Nevertheless it was definitely a material he could us. He just needed one more and he should be good to return to Zackariah.  So far he'd ventured out far to the northwest from the ToB and could now see Horunka village. He remembered being here once before. When he'd done the <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> quest a long time ago. It'd been several months since then. Reaching back behind himself and grasping his blade he pulled it from its sheath and looked at it. He'd been able to increase it's capabilities through his appraisals. It was of perfect quality, with two accuracy and one bleed effect. It wasn't the best but it was what he had. He'd worked hard to get where he was and he had more work to do to get stronger.

ID #77654
LD:14 (13 + 1)
+1 Mat
4 Mats

Edited by Vargas

Vargas walked around the dense forest area that existed around Horunka village. He still had his blade out in case a Little Nepenthe decided to jump out at him. He would have to be careful if it was one of the variants with the fruit on its head. Hitting that fruit caused it to release a pheromone that would call a ton more of those annoying plants. He didn't feel like being surrounded by them and being killed. Sure, they were weak but that didn't make the potential danger any less lethal.

The forest was lit nicely from the placement of the trees. It wasn't too dense and allowed for proper lighting to be able to see his surroundings. Following along a trail that he had found he eventually spotted some roots sticking out from the ground. Checking it, he saw that it was actually a material he could use. "Well, I got my materials. Now I just have to make the trek back to the Town of Beginnings."

ID #77787
LD: 20 (19 + 1)
+1 Mats
5 mats

Edited by Vargas

Making his way back was taking awhile. Of course, he did make it to Horunka village which was far to the northwest. Traveling back wasn't gonna take as long since he had been searching for materials while walking. This time, he was headed straight to his destination. He'd been successful in getting the materials he needed with an assortment of others. All he had to do was give the materials to Zackariah and he should be able to finish the quest.

After several hours, Vargas finally reached the gates of the Town of Beginnings. He made his way quickly down the alley ways to where he found Zackariah's shop before. After a couple turns he found the shop. Opening the door, Vargas strolled in and walked up to the man. "I'm back with the materials you needed and a couple extra," Vargas said, catching the man unawares as he was fully involved in his work.

Zackariah jumped, nearly spilling his current project, as Vargas made himself known. It wasn't like the substance was dangerous, but hard work was still hard work. "Ah, excellent, excellent. If you please," Zackariah motioned to a nearby table that was littered with an assortment of plants. Vargas moved over to the table examining some of the plants. He recognized some as the ones he'd collected, but some looked stranger than anything he could've imagined. Placing the plants in their respective areas he cleared his threat, hoping to catch Zackariah's attention again.

"So, about my quest..." Vargas prompted slightly, trying to get the quest completed so he could get his reward. However, that wasn't exactly what he was gonna get. Not yet anyways. "Yes, yes, of course. Next, I want you to take these and make a potion. Don't worry if you fail. Practice makes perfect, Zackariah said while handing him a set of plants and a vial before returning to his own project. Vargas looked at him incredulously. How was he supposed to make a potion? He wasn't an Alchemist, he was a Merchant. Looking at Sackariah he saw that the man was paying him zero attention. Sighing, Vargas moved over to another table and began by cutting up the roots and crushing the petals in a pestle and mortar. After he got the petals to a liquid he poured it into the vial and added several root cuttings before heating it over a flame.

ID #77859

CD: 1 (Fail)

Edited by Vargas

Vargas watched the liquid boil into a sickly green color. He wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen until, "You grins the roots. Not the petals." Vargas looked at Zackariah, who was still working on his own project and hadn't even looked away from it. Looking back at his own assignment he began again after emptying the vial and grabbing a new one. This time he ground the roots up and chopped the petals. Once he had the roots in liquid form he poured it into the vial. Adding in the petal cuts, he placed the new vial over the flame and watched it heat up. This time it was a bright red color. "Better, though if you had instead squeezed out the juice from the petals it would've been much more effective," Sackariah commented as he strode over to Vargas. Vargas felt a little annoyed at the man since he hadn't given him any real instructions, so he had to do everything with the best he had. "Exceelent work either way. Now, I have one more task for you if you would be so kind." Zackariah handed Vargas a package before he could answer. "I need you to take this to Lyle Tealeaf. He's a local blacksmith and a friend of mine. It shouldn't be hard for you to find him." With that Vargas was sent on his way without him getting any input.

ID #77860

CD: 7 (Rare)

Edited by Vargas

"What's with that guy?" Vargas asked aloud as he kicked a pebble that lay in the street. He carried the package that'd been given to him under his arm as he made his way to Lyle Tealeaf's. The man hadn't given any instruction on how to make the potion. Yet, he chose to point out his mistake. Then he sent him out to deliver a package for him without giving Vargas a chance to accept or deny the request. "At least he gave a pointer on the roots. It made it easier to complete I guess."

Looking around he'd found himself at the fountain square. He actually had no idea where he was going. "Yet again, no instructions. Shouldn't be hard to find he says, yet doesn't give a description of the shop or area," Vargas sighed, slightly annoyed. He walked up to the nearest person he could find, which happened to be another NPC, and asked where he could find Lyle Tealeaf. The NPC was able to give him the directions he needed to find him easily. Thanking the NPC, Vargas headed off in the direction of Lyle Tealeaf's shop.
Edited by Vargas

The smell of smoke permeated through the streets as Vargas neared the shop. A anvil lay out front where people could easily watch the smith at his craft. The furnace lay further back with a man pumping the billows and raising the heat of the furnace. After several pumps of air, the man moved around and withdrew a blade from the burning coals. Looking at it, he placed it on the anvil and gave it several hits with his hammer before placing it in a barrel of water. The sound of cooling metal could be heard quickly die down as the smith wiped his hands on his apron. 

"Can I help you?" Vargas realized he'd been standing and watching the man the entire time without having said anything. "Oh, yes. Zackariah sent me with this for you," Vargas said while offering the box. Lyle took it and proceeded to open it. Nodding his head, he closed it back up. "Much appreciated. Here, these are for you as well. They were in the box as well." Lyle handed him several different potions that he set into his inventory. With that, Vargas was notified that his quest was finally done. He thanked the man and left. He still had some time left to the day so he was going to hit the fields and try to get some mob drops.

Edited by Vargas

The horizon was colored auburn when Vargas exited the gates of the Town of Beginnings. It was almost evening and he didn't want to be outside when it got to being night, when the wolves and more dangerous mobs would be spawning. Making his way over the fields Vargas looked for the closest mob that he could pull away to fight. He didn't want to fight a group since he wasn't planning on being out here long. Spotting a group of boars he drew the attention of one of them to himself. Once it spotted him it charged forward only to be dodge by Vargas. He quickly unleashed his Star Quint Prominence as the boar passed by him. A star mark could be seen as the cuts from his blade glowed on the boar's side. Looking down, Vargas noticed that the boar had in fact clipped him with it's tusk. "You sneaky little bugger," Vargas said as he raised his blade once more to attack.

ID #77932

BD: 9 (7 + 2)

DMG: 4*6=24

MD: 6 (8 - 2)

DMG: 1 (10-18)

Vargas 259/260 - 20/26

Boar 106/130

Edited by Vargas

The boar was harmless to him but he still felt it necessary to take any fight seriously. It was good practice for when he had to actually fight for his life again. There'd been too many encounters that would've resulted in his death and he didn't feel quite like dying yet. He shifted his footing closer to the boar slowly as his sword skill charged up for another attack. The boar stared him down, it's head low and hoof scratching the ground as it prepared to charge as well. It charged off at him, it's hooves beating against the ground quickly as it covered the distance and dug it's tusks into his armour. His armour was stronger than the boars attack and took no damage to it or Vargas's health. However, the boar was at extremely close range and made for an easy target as Vargas unleashed his Star Quint Prominence once again, leaving another star mark on the boar's back this time.

ID #77935
BD: 10 (8 + 2)
DMG: 4*6=24
MD: 8 (10 - 2)
DMG: 1 (12-18)

Vargas 258/260 - 15/26

Boar 82/130

Edited by Vargas

The boar squealed in pain as it disengaged from Vargas, trying to gather some distance once more after being left open. It didn't like the idea of being cut to shreds by another being. It wanted to kill this player badly now. The boy had the audacity of hitting him not once, but twice. He didn't just hit him either. The boy had branded him with a mark. This could not be stood for and the boar was going to put and end to it. It charged forward once more at full speed, it's tusks aimed to rip into the boy's armour and tear him to shreds. However, the boar hadn't been prepared to slow down and instead shot past.

Vargas once again unleashed his strongest attack and watched the boars health deplete even further. A couple more hits and this boar might become his 'star' pig. Roasted boar sounded great to Vargas at this point from how much wandering around he'd done today. Looking at the boar he could imagine it, slow roasting on a spit and seasoned with some honey to tenderize it.

ID #77937
BD: 10 (10 + 2)
DMG: 4+2=6*6=36
MD: 5 (7 - 2)

Vargas 258/260 - 10/26

Boar 46/130 Bleed (4 DMG) [2/2]

Edited by Vargas