[F01-PP] Diving Into Our First Dungeon (ft. Dominion, Jazz & Alice)

Having sat adjacent from the player request board in the center of town, Alice watched as a few players read the board and even fewer took notice of the request that she had put up. She knew a few players in this game, though her contacts were incredibly limited so players were a bit hesitant to join up with someone that hadn't made a name for themselves or met before. She had to admit, it was getting rather frustrating waiting on another player to take on the challenge, but she knew that this wasn't just something that she should rush in on. She had contemplated calling up Beatbox or Jazz, but she felt the former would completely take control of the dungeon, leaving Alice no room for participation. Jazz, on the other hand, did sound like a promising idea. After all, she was capable of First Aid and had plenty of health to stay alive, though she couldn't deal as much damage as Alice could. Hesitantly, she would send a message to the newfound friend to see if she was even interested in joining, "Hello, I'm going to explore a dungeon today and if you're interested, you're invited to join in. Meet me in the F01 square if so."

Information about this thread:

Spoiler

Beginner Dungeons

Rules and Requirements

1. Beginner Dungeons can be fled from at any time, unless the participants are in combat. Then they must adhere to the rules of running away (found in the Combat Guide) or use crystals.
  2. Participants must fight a total of four floor strength monsters of their own design before moving on to the boss.
  3. Participants must fight a boss monster with the following statistics in order to qualify for the reward:
    HP = floor * 50 | Damage = floor * 15 | Mitigation = Floor *2

Rewards

1 SP upon completion
A Col value of ((floor + loot die) * 50)
2 Materials

This thread consumes Alice's "Beginner Dungeon Map" and one of Alice's "Yui's Grace" items.

Edited by Alice

Jazz hadn't had any plans for today beyond grabbing a bite at a local bakery so that she could chit chat with a friend of hers, but it appeared as if the tides had changed. An alert had popped up on her user interface, informing her that she had received a message, "But from who?" Opening up the prompt, she'd find that Alice was looking to explore a dungeon on the first floor, which sounded a lot more interesting than her original plans. Tapping on the reply button, she'd send back her response, "Sure thing, bucko. Sounds like a fun time. I'll meet ya there." Finishing up what she was doing, she would begin the trek to the teleport portal in town so that she could make her way down to the first floor. It wouldn't take but a few moments and having sent the message in advance, she had no fear that Alice would give up on waiting and leave without her. Humming a classical song that her father often played while focusing on work that he brought home, it wouldn't be but a few more minutes before the meet up point was well within sight.

Dominion had returned to the city of beginnings because on those streets was where he dwelled. He had intentions to take the day off, considering he ran through the city only the day before. However, when he got up, he went to go and buy some tea from the tavern, assuming they were not out of stock again. He stood up and wiped dirt and grit from his previous adventures off of his white shirt and put his hands in his jean pockets. He began to walk along the streets, waving at players which he hadn't met before. However, he did find that only a few players stood near the player request board down the street, which was further into the heart of the city. I should at least greet them, especially that one which stands closest to the board. Dominion turned toward the heart of the city and walked over, removing his hands from his pockets. He looked up at the board and spotted several of the usual quests... except one in particular stood out. Dominion noticed the request on the board and looked down at the person in front of it. He turned away from the board and directed his attention to the girl. "Hello, my name is Dominion the monk. Are you the one who put up that request?,..." Dominion was going to do his traditional monastery bow, but he recognized this person, even though he couldn't remember her name. "Anyway, if you wouldn't mind assistance, I would gladly join." 

Having received an affirmative response from Jazz, she knew that she wouldn't have to worry about sitting around all day to form a party for this dungeon. Having tapped on the reply button, she'd send a short message, "Thanks, see you soon." Before she would arrived, however, the event that she had been waiting so long for had finally occurred. A player had took notice of the post that she had made before turning to her, "Oh, Dominion the monk, is it?" She paused for a moment, having some trouble recalling where she had heard such a unique title from before prior to remembering, "Oh, the lad that helped in the fight against Nerius. Ah, yes, good to see you again." They had introduced themselves to each other once before, but by the way he introduced himself again, he had forgotten just as she did, "Yes, that would be mine. It's Alice, by the way." She gave a quick look around to see if the other was nearby before continuing, "You're more than welcome to join, I already know you're capable. However, I do have another friend that's showing up to give us some support since we'll be encountering some monsters in the dungeon." Player versus player combat was a terrible thing that was present in this game and she wanted to make sure he was aware that another player would be tagging along, "Is that alright with you?"

Popping open the menu once again after having received the message, she was pleased to know that Alice was looking forwards to the dungeon raid just as much as she was... at least that's what she thought. The journey had taken a little longer than expected, mostly due to Jasmine taking her sweet time strolling to the meet up spot. By the way that Alice had worded the message, she didn't think that there was any need for a rush and there was plenty of time in the day to do a dungeon run. By the time that she had arrived at the square where the bulletin board was, she'd find that Alice was already speaking with a man about something. Curious about the discussion at hand, Jazz would approach from behind and tap on Alice's right shoulder when she had gotten close enough, "Heya, Alice. Sorry to interrupt the both of you, but you're still on for the message, right?" She didn't say anything about the dungeon as she didn't want any players with ill plans to listen in, but didn't want to seem to rude to the player Alice was speaking with by whispering it to her. She would extend her hand past Alice towards the man, "I'm Jazz, nice to meet ya."

Dominion had no conflict with other players being present in dungeons. He actually preferred to have other players with him, especially when it came to new things. He was going to say something but a girl walked up behind Alice and made a comment. She then extended her hand out past Alice towards Dominion, which took him by surprise. She greeted Dominion by giving her name. Dominion nearly forgot what a handshake was, as it wasn't everyday he met someone with that mannerism. Dominion extended his own hand for the handshake, and made a more normal greeting than his traditional. "Hello Jazz, pleasure to meet you. My name is Dominion the monk." Dominion glanced over at Alice and back at Jazz. "Are you the other member entering the dungeon with Alice?", Dominion asked. He quickly took notice to the size difference... or lack there of, between the two girls. Realizing that he was still on the first floor, a question popped into his mind. "And please pardon my curiosity, but is this your first time doing a dungeon?", Dominion also asked, but the second question was focused towards both Alice and Jazz.

Jazz caught Alice by surprise, making her feel as if her heart had skipped a beat when that unsuspecting hand had bopped her in the shoulder, "Oh my... Oh, it's you, Jazz. You shouldn't surprise people like that..." She had to take a moment to gather her train of thought, which was just enough time for Jazz to ask a question that seemed rather rhetorical, "Of course, I'm not going to invite you over for tea and tell you to bug off when you get to my door. Why would this be any different?" The girl didn't seem to worried about the matter though as she quickly introduced herself to the monk and vice versa, nodding her head in silence to confirm Dominion's suspicions while allowing for Jazz to audibly answer. Though the next question, being directed at the both of them, was one that Alice certainly wanted to make clear, "No, I've never been in a dungeon. What about you, Jazz?" She'd give the girl a brief moment to answer before continuing, "However, I did happen to come across a rather interesting map that leads us directly to the entrance of a dungeon. I've heard that they're quite rare and dungeons themselves are tremendously difficult to find without. It was an opportunity that I couldn't pass up, which is why I was looking for an additional member to tag along." Certainly, he had to have some experience, "You've been in a dungeon or two yourself, right?"

She was quite happy to hear that the plans for exploration were still on and Jazz couldn't wait to see what all the fuss as about, considering that dungeons were well spoken of. Taking note of the stranger's name and bringing her hand back after the handshake, she'd smile as she caught on to why he was here, "Yep, that's me. I didn't know that we were going to have company though, Alice." She pushed her finger back into Alice's shoulder to emphasize the lack of details, "Good to know we'll have some safety in numbers though." Sounding off a solid "Nope" when the two of them asked if she had ever been in a dungeon, she wasn't too sure what Alice was talking about in regards to a map. As far as Jazz knew, the only way to find a dungeon was through extraneous searching in the more dangerous areas across Aincrad. There were a couple of skills to invest in to make the searching slightly less difficult, they had pretty notable trade offs in the long run that had to be considered. While Jazz wasn't too worried about what they may encounter in the dungeon thanks to the set of gear she was loaning out from a friend of hers, it would be nice to know that Dominion had some experience with them since the two girls didn't. Regardless his answer, however, she'd push more for the important matter at hand, "We should get going soon though, never know if someone will beat us to it."

The answer from each of the girls was essentially "no". He pondered the idea of doing something new, and caught sight of the subtle action which Jazz made. It seemed as though she jabbed Alice in the shoulder, which was not something Dominion had ever seen anyone do before.  Dominion didn't have to think very hard before answering Alice. "Nope, I have never encountered a dungeon". Dominion remembered that he was going to get tea from the tavern, but quickly decided that the dungeon would be a new experience, and therefore one that he couldn't skip out on. I can go and get the tea at a later time... besides, Alice accepted me to join them. Can't quit on something I have decided to do. Dominion could only wander if the other players had any equipment of substantial use, but decided it would be better not to ask. He did not mean to intrude any further, as was made sorta fuzzy by the action made by Jazz. He put his hands back in his jean pockets and looked around. Most players had gone out into the grasslands to defeat low level monsters, leaving only the three of them at the center of the city. Dominion agreed with Jazz, and nodded his head once. "Well, since Alice has the map, lead the way." 

While it was slightly disappointing to know that nobody in the group had any experience with dungeons, it did have the flip side of providing a very new and unique journey for the trio. Once Jazz made the suggestion that they make way for the dungeon and Dominion supported the idea, Alice would begin leading the way towards the map's destination. It wasn't too far off from the town and not in a typical spot that Alice would imagine a dungeon to be, which made her hope that the map wasn't a fraud as they walked. Having had similar thoughts to Dominion, however, Alice did want to ensure they were at least prepared more than herself, "Jazz, I know that you can administer first aid, but do either of you have equipment to make matters a little easier down here?" While she had a low quality weapon, she would at least be able to deal some decent damage among the group if she used it in conjunction with her sword arts. Shortly after answers were exchanged, they'd arrive at the destination - a small bush of hundreds in full bloom in the middle of the plains, "Well, this is it... I believe." She reached both hands into the bushes, separating the foliage to reveal a hole with a ladder, "I can see why they're so rare, I never would have thought to look in a place like this." Climbing down first, they would find that the cavern was rather dim, though it would be far worse if the torches on the walls weren't present. A shadow seemed to flicker in the corner of her eye as the others were coming down, catching her attention and causing her to draw her sword before striking at the source, "Watch your step guys, there's some tiny... gremlins or something down here."

• Alice: 60/60 HP - 6 Energy
  • Jazz: 100/100 HP - 10 Energy
  • Dominion: 300/300 HP - 30 Energy

[74945] BD: 6 - Hit!

Dealt 4 DMG (base).

• Cave Goblin (Minion): 0/4 HP (10 DMG / 0 MIT)
Edited by Alice

They would begin heading towards the plains beyond the outskirts of the town, showing no signs of arriving at any point in the near future. Having not looked at the map herself, trusting Alice to make proper judgement and follow the map, she kept her eyes on a swivel. While there was little fear of them being attacked by a player, there was always a handful of activity going on out here. After all, it was the first floor and, by far, the safest for players to begin their training at the expense of experience rates. It was interesting to see what type of weapons and gear players were going after, showing no true pattern or superior choice. When Alice brought up the mention of abilities and gear, she did want to mention what she had been lent and proceeded with equipping it, "Well, I got a set of gear. It won't make this a cake walk, but it should allow me to soak up anything that's too tough." It would only be a matter of time before they stopped in front of a bush and Alice suggested that it was hidden beneath it, "You're kidding, right? Are we going to need a shov-" Before Jasmine could finish her question, Alice had parted the bush to reveal a hole with a ladder swallowed in darkness, "Wow, same here. This is whack." She waited until Alice had gotten down the ladder, then headed down herself with caution. It was pretty dark down here, but her eyes adjusted pretty quickly, revealing the one of the 'gremlins' that the leader had referred to, "Oh, you meant a goblin. He is a tiny little fella, though." Ending its life with as little effort as a poke, she would wait for Dominion to join them, "Alright, which way do we go?"

• Alice: 60/60 HP - 6 Energy

[74947] BD: 7 - Hit!

Dealt 4 DMG (base).

Edited by Jazz

Dominion followed the two girls as they went in search for the dungeon. He didn't know exactly what it was that they were looking for, so he didn't look around too much. When the topic of gear came up, Dominion listened carefully. It appeared as though Jazz could tank, that is, if he understood her correctly. Dominion got the idea that both of the girls could probably do much more damage than himself, so he would probably take the healer position, if the time ever came to use it. "Well, I have weapons, but they are really only status affecting ones. And for mitigation, I am on the very low spectrum. However, I'm extremely evasive and I regenerate about as much health as a floor 1 mob can deal." Dominion was finishing up explaining his weak points and strong points, and quickly realized that he forgot one. "and I have 2 ranks in first aid." They stopped rather abruptly in front of bush. He didn't say anything when Alice pushed back through and found the hole which had a ladder. Alice entered, said something back up but Dominion couldn't make out what it was. Then Jazz went down the ladder. During this time, Dominion opened his inventory and equipped his Monkey King Armor and Spirit Monkeys, before grabbing onto the ladder and climbing down into the darkness. When he reached the bottom, his eyes adjusted somewhat to the darkness. He could make out two dead, small figures laying on the ground. Jazz asked which way they should go, and Dominion honestly didn't know. 

She didn't expect either of them to be so prepared for this venture, leaving Alice behind in terms of gear, but at least their composition did have a variety of strengths to make up for each other's weaknesses. When Jazz had made her way down the ladder, she would step away to allow Dominion to follow suit and spot one of the goblins that Alice had slain. Using her rapier, she was able to clean up just as easily as Alice was, "That's good, if all the monsters in this cave are this easy, then this dungeon won't take long at all." The map showed a simple path through the caves, signifying when to take a left or right at forks in the road. Had they not had the map, this small maze certainly would have been a lot more difficult to navigate, "Well, says that we should go north for a couple dozen meters and take a left at the first Y split." Taking the lead once again, she would leave them through a couple of caves as dictated by the map, which allowed them to avoid plenty of enemies that they would have encountered otherwise. However, the path wasn't completely unobstructed as they would eventually come across another one of the miniature goblins. She would strike first at the monster, but it was agile enough to avoid her sword and hit her in the process, "Darn, he's a fast one."

• Alice: 50/60 HP - 6 Energy

[74949] BD: 3 - Miss! MD: 9 - Hit!

Dealt 0 DMG.

Received 10 DMG.

• Cave Goblin (Minion): 4/4 HP (10 DMG / 0 MIT)
Edited by Alice

By the time that Dominion had gotten down, the few monsters that ambushed them were already slain. The goblins didn't pose much of a threat considering that they could kill them with a single hit that didn't rely on a sword art, which was good since Jazz didn't have access to any of them. However, that didn't reveal how dangerous they could be as they didn't yet know how much damage they were capable of inflicting. Alice seemed to not consider that though, taking the first two's ease for granted, but Jazz would follow along with rapier in hand as she lost herself within the cavern. It was incredibly confusing, seeing so many entrances (or exits?) so close to each other that all looked far too alike. It was a relief that Alice had a map, "If it wasn't for you and your map, I would probably get stuck down here." She enjoyed exploring, yet these caves grew rather monotonous after the umpteenth left or right parting. In a few moments, they would stumble upon yet another goblin that had barely avoided Alice's attack and struck her low in the process, "Oh, come here you little..." She lunged forwards with her rapier in an attempt to stab the little guy, but he jumped out of the way and hit her in the wrist in the process, "No kidding, not so easy after all."

• Alice: 50/60 HP - 5/6 Energy
  • Jazz: 99/100 HP - 9/10 Energy
  • Dominion: 300/300 HP - 30/30 Energy

[74949] BD: 1 - Miss! MD: 7 - Hit!

Dealt 0 DMG (base).

Received 1 DMG.

• Cave Goblin (Minion): 4/4 HP (10 DMG / 0 MIT)
Edited by Jazz

Dominion was following behind the two when Alice suddenly struck out at whatever was up ahead. Alice mentioned something relating to the monster's speed, but then he saw a significant dent occur in her health bar. "You good Alice?" Then Jazz lunged forward and tried to get something that she called "little". Dominion didn't understand, but whatever it was, it was doing damage to their health bars. He could heal Alice up in the front, but it seemed as though the creature was too fast for them. Dominion decided that he should at least try to catch the little thing, because he could attract its attention if it was small and agile. He burst from side to side in the hall, passing the girls and moving faster than the little creature could follow, and hit it with his palm. The force of the hit was decent, but the damage output was terrible, not but half way to defeating it. However, he also grabbed the little thing and lifted him up in his grasped hand. "Alice, you can do the honors." Dominion smiled, as he turned to face her with the little thing held out.

• Alice: 50/60 HP - 5/6 Energy
  • Jazz: 99/100 HP - 9/10 Energy
  • Dominion: 300/300 HP - 30/30 Energy

[74951] BD:6 (hit) MD:1 (Critical Fail)

Dealt 2 DMG (base + hand wraps)

• Cave Goblin (Minion): 2/4 HP (10 DMG / 0 MIT)
Edited by Dominion

She had to admit, she didn't expect to miss the goblin, "Yeah, I'm fine. Barely knocked off anything." It wasn't too terrible, but it was a solid chunk off of what her tiny health bar could store in total. Unfortunately, she wasn't alone in the matter as Jazz would also have the displeasure of missing her swing and getting attacked too, though at a much less noticeable percent. It would come down to Dominion having to dash between them and smacking the goblin with his palm, just before catching it and holding it up for Alice to finish off. She hadn't expected him to not have a weapon yet, but it wasn't something that she hadn't heard of before. Suggesting that she finish off the monster, she would hold up her sword, lightly extending it into the creature's body so that it would have no chance of mistakenly coming into contact with Dominion himself, "He put up a good fight compared to the last two, that's for sure." The goblin would de-pixelate out of the game, leaving Dominion empty handed, "We're nearly there, but be prepared. This feels like it's been too easy."

• Jazz: 99/100 HP - 10/10 Energy (You have 10, you recover 1 per post.)

[75031] BD: 8 - Hit!

Dealt 4 DMG (base)

Edited by Alice

It was a shame that she had missed the goblin, but Jazz quickly put the fault on her lack of her experience wielding the rapier that she was using. Good thing that there were three of them though as Dominion was able to catch it and allow Alice to put it finally to rest, "Yep, sure did." Lowering her guard now that they were safe, she would follow behind Alice as they were nearing the end of the tunnels. Eventually they would come to one cave entrance that was being guarded by another one of these small cave goblins, one that did not seem to flinch when the trio came in sight, but refused to move from its post, "Looks like he's guarding the end of the path, that's the right way isn't it?" She would wait for her friend's confirmation, then quickly strike at the goblin to allow passage. It would be destroyed in a single hit, making for far less trouble than the previous one, "Well, let's get going. I want to see what if there's any reward for all this trouble."

• Jazz: 99/100 HP - 10/10 Energy

[75036] BD: 7 - Hit!

Dealt 4 DMG (base)

Edited by Jazz

Dominion placed his fist weapon which gripped the little goblin at his side. Alice said that they were nearly there, which came as a slight disappointment to Dominion. Allowing the girls to take the lead again, he moved to the side and trailed behind. Dominion tried to activate his first aid ability, but became distracted as they moved forward, when a visible entrance came into sight. Dominion could see over both the girls, being about half a foot taller than them. There stood another goblin, as if purposefully posted there to guard the entrance. Dominion was confused by how much order there was in the mobs placement, as if strategically put in each spot. He didn't question the idea further, but remained quiet in the back. Jazz seemed eager to finish off the goblin and find some sort of treasure. Dominion was content with Jazz's quick strike, allowing the passage to become unguarded. The one weapon Dominion was not proficient with was the dagger, so dagger attacks were quite intriguing to him.

[75038] CD:4 (fails)

Edited by Dominion

She wasn't surprised that there would be at least another one or two protecting the way, even if they were taking the proper path. These weren't meant to be easy, especially if they were to have entered without a map, but she couldn't imagine the number of mobs that they would have encountered otherwise. The goblin guarding the path, however, was protecting the last cave that led to the large "X" on the map, "Yes, I'm looking forwards to it." She would continue to lead the way until they had reached the end, which revealed a light source that got brighter and brighter as they neared it. Once they reached the end of it, Alice made a sign for them to hold up, taking note of the particularly odd shadow she noticed moving about, "I think there's another monster in there, but it's nowhere near as small as the goblins that we encountered on the way up here." She peeked around the corner to see a goblin that stood at nearly the same height as the girls, uncertain as to whether they should rush it, "He's much bigger, probably much stronger too. Jazz, I think you should lead the attack and serve as the 'tank' so to say since your armor makes their attacks nearly useless, if that's not too much to ask. I'll also be working on dealing damage and Dominion can switch between chipping or healing depending on what happens." It was their best chance at the moment, but felt kind of bad asking Jazz for her to serve that role, "Everyone alright with that plan?"

• Alice: 53/60 HP - 6/6 Energy - 0 Hate
  • Jazz: 99/100 HP - 10/10 Energy - 0 Hate
  • Dominion: 300/300 HP - 30/30 Energy - 0 Hate

No roll, out of combat. 3 HP healed.

• Cave Goblin (Warrior): 50/50 HP (15 DMG / 2 MIT)

Following alongside Dominion, the blondie would take them down the last few caves until one that had a much brighter light source than the torches that lined the rocky walls. She couldn't quite make it out, but it certainly did appear to be coming from a large fire of some source, though it wasn't what was bothering Alice. She made mention of a shadow that she had saw, which Jazz didn't notice, before taking a look around the corner, "Oh, about time. I thought things were too easy." Having heard the plan that the group's leader came up with, she wasn't displeased with any part of it, "Sure thing, sounds good. After all, the minion took a solid bite out of your health so just take it easy. If you attract his attention, fall back. Dominion, same thing for you, if Alice gets hit, heal her up a bit." She wasn't too worried for Dominion, knowing that he was capable of healing himself with an ability, though she didn't expect to lose aggro on the goblin, "Here we go, if things go sour, just run" It wasn't worth whatever the rewards were if one of them risked dying in the process, though it was a little late to consider that for Jazz. Quickly dashing out from cover, she would lunge for the goblin with shield ready to take the brunt of any inflicted damage.

• Alice: 53/60 HP - 6/6 Energy - 0 Hate
  • Jazz: 99/100 HP - 10/10 Energy - 2 Hate
  • Dominion: 300/300 HP - 30/30 Energy - 0 Hate

[75051] BD: 9 - Critical hit! Paralyzed!

Dealt 3 DMG (4 base +1 crit - 2 MIT).

• Cave Goblin (Warrior): 47/50 HP (15 DMG / 2 MIT)
Edited by Jazz