[SP-F1] <<Feeding the Beast>> Where be the Monkey King? part 1 [Complete]

Dominion had received his new Monkey Semblance from Domarus's shop, which was quite well done. He had returned back at his little alleyway, only to place a rather useless piece of armor on the ground. After he had gotten rid of his extra old armor, Dominion made lifted his body back up and placed his hands in his pockets. The sun gave him enough information, that he would have approximately eight long hours to find himself a Monster to tame. Dominion was totally up for the challenge, ready to find his companion. However, Dominion had heard that the monkey king dwelt on the eighth floor from rumor. Dominion believed that the monkey king from the quest he heard was not the "actual" monkey king. He needed to find one that fit his stature, which would surely be a unique companion, if he could find it. Dominion began his way from his little outlet of a abode, his blond hair ruffled with a breeze.

Edited by Dominion

Dominion walked past some people he recognized, players that he had just met recently or higher level ones that gave assistance in the form of discounted items in shops. Either way, what they were doing seemed to be the right thing. Dominion thought about his own abilities and realized that not many people called upon help from strangers. "Maybe I should advertise my assistance more, especially since everyone seems fearful of me. Why do people fear someone who offers to assist? Is it because they just don't want to seem to be nice, or is it because they want to see what loyalty is?" The rest of the conflict, which was not really a conflict, Dominion thought to himself as he walked along the road. Looks like I will need to prove myself to the players in this game, and hopefully show them that I am someone who can always be trusted... Dominion's Monkey King Armor and Spirit Monkeys were equipped in case of potential action. Now Dominion was at the gates of the starting city.

Edited by Dominion

Dominion began walking out of the gates from the entrance of the city. It was high noon, as the sun appeared to gleam over some clouds. Shade moved to be above Dominion as he walked, his fist weapons glowing a hue of gold. Now, where must I go? I could head to the tree line, and travel deep within, keeping my eyes wide open. That should work... but I haven't activated the quest yet... Dominion thought a bit more about this and decided he would search for the NPCMaybe the NPC is further in the woods... or maybe the NPC lives in a shack... Either way, I must find the NPCDominion grinned as he lifted his head to collect the sunlight that passed the clouds. He then lowered his head and swayed his arms on both sides, as he strode to the treeline. Finally, after several minutes of walking, Dominion arrived at the treeline.

Dominion took a step forward as he moved through the entrance of the treeline, a place he had journeyed to several times since being in the first floor. He passed the luscious green bushes that stood small on both sides, several tree canopies bringing shade to the undergrowth beneath. Dominion entered this area and continued walking, seeing logs that he had split, only to regrow back together. He still didn't really understand the game mechanics, but that would not be something to keep Dominion from playing along. He had trained for many days now, always running or doing a quest, or even becoming a better social person to other beginners in Aincrad. Dominion stepped on several twigs as he passed by a Nepent. HAHAHA, nope, ain't fighting that today. Dominion made like a cheetah through the thick green forest to a small clearing that he hadn't seen before.

Dominion split the dark green undergrowth into the clearing, only to immediately catch sight of a shack, built beside a rather large tree. Dominion slowed down and began to walk, his hands on either side of him, swaying to his pace. He put his arms to either side of him as he walked up to the shack. "Hello, is anyone here?", Dominion called out. Almost immediately, an NPC responded to the call from Dominion saying, "Hello, who is there?". Dominion realized that it was an old lady, who must have been an NPC, who opened the door. Dominion responded in his respectful way by extending clasped hands united, and bowed his head. "Hello, My name is Dominion the monk. Who might you be?" Dominion grinned, but kept his composure. The NPC immediately went to the matter at hand. "You must be wanting to tame a pet, do you not?" Dominion's grin quickly transformed into a smile and he replied, "Absolutely, what must I do?". 

Edited by Dominion

"Well player, you must find the monster which you plan to tame first. Then, and only then, may you attempt to feed the beast." Dominion's eyes widened a bit when he heard this. He had no food on him, so he would need to pick something from the terrain. She continued by saying, "There is a possibility that you may be hurt by the beast which you try to tame. Do not be scared of this, as it is one of the many consequences for trying to tame a monster." Dominion smiled, his mind racing. He just shut out his thoughts for a brief second as he thanked the old woman. "I am very appreciative of your advice. Thank you so much for all the information." With that, Dominion bowed again and exited the area, passing through the thick vegetation that he had not gone through yet. He moved at a greater speed once he had passed some thorn bushes and small trees.

Dominion moved quickly through the dark green vegetation, the ground becoming gradually darker. "Why haven't I ever tried to go this far before? This is really the adventure of a lifetime!" Dominion glanced to both sides, making sure to put equal attention to what was directly in front of him. He slowed down his pace as he stepped on something. Turning around to look back, Dominion saw a banana peel laying on the ground. "Monkeys must be here... where are you?" Dominion said as he moved to the nearest tree. Dominion began to climb the tree, his height and his strong arms making it very easy. In a minute, he was more than several feet above the ground, swinging from branch to branch. Dominion was literally designed for this kind of life, until he took notice to a patch of bananas. "That will be the food which I will feed to the Monkey. I just need to find the correct one now."

Edited by Dominion

75957 LD: (8) Fail, but doesn't count because I am not supposed to roll until 15th post... 

Dominion had made his way to the middle of the tree to claim the bananas, but there was already a monkey up there. Dominion was planning to get the monkey as his pet, but it wasn't the right one. "Crud, looks like I have to fight you!" Dominion charged at the monkey, one that was moderately powerful for a first floor mob. Dominion jumped forward while in the tree, but so did the monkey. "Come back here monkey, this fight is only beginning." Dominion said this as he grabbed onto a branch and swung back up. The monkey was already moving toward him, as if to attack him first. "NO, I am not letting you defeat me in our Dominion!" Dom said this and swung down when the monkey struck out and grabbed onto the branch. He extended his legs and let go of the branch for a brief second. He grabbed onto a vine and quickly made his way back up.

Monkey-32 HP, 15 Dmg

Dominion-300 HP, 30 En, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 3 CD

Edited by Dominion

75958 BD:5 (miss) MD:9 (Critical Success) [15+1]=16 Dmg to Dominion, (-10 from Battle healing)=6 Dmg

Dominion grabbed onto the vine, which went up quite a ways. I don't think I have ever fought in an environment like this, not that I think about it.. The mob seems to be more accustomed to it than me. I... Dominion couldn't move from the monkeys firm strike to his head. Dominion began free falling through the vines, until they knotted up about half way to the dark abyss below. Dominion grabbed onto the closest vine and began to make his way back up, somewhat embarrassed by his lack of attention. "I sure hope this battle is not a drawn out one, as I need to get back to searching really soon. Here goes nothing!" Dom the monk said this as he grabbed the vine and pulled his body up. His armor could, for the most part, only hinder his movements while he was in the vines. Even so, he wouldn't dare take it off in combat.

Monkey-32 HP, 15 Dmg

Dominion-294/300 HP, 30 En, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 3 CD

Edited by Dominion

75964 BD:4 (miss) MD: 10 (Critical Success) [15+2]=17 (-10 from battle healing)=7 DMG

Dominion had just gotten slightly up the vine when a shadow covered him. Dominion could not see to either side due to the shadow. He decided to look up, only to be hit full force by the limb of the monkey. He took tons of damage from the direct punch, his mouth actually hurting. How did this happen? I should be able to eliminate the monkey in a hit or two, not get wrecked by something that acts almost exactly like me... Dominion didn't understand how he was losing so badly, but he decided to attack normally. His attack seemed to only bounce off of the fur from the monkey, which only made Dominion more confused. "How can this be? honestly, are monkeys actually invincible? I don't think the boar would stand a chance against something that is so agile and so tough." Dominion said, a bit proud of the monkeys.

Monkey-32 HP, 15 Dmg

Dominion-287/300 HP, 30 En, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 3 CD

Edited by Dominion

75966 BD:9 (Critical Success) [2+1=3 Dmg to the monkey] takes BLD and PAR. MD: 5(-3) (miss)

Dominion's smile was very temporary as he began to resist the weight of the monkey above him. He was still falling until he was able to [censored] a vine with one hand, the force of the body weight was almost too much for him. His hand wrap was the only thing that kept his hand from igniting with fire. "You are not going to smash me with your body weight, little monkey. I will teach you what monkey strikes really look like!" Dominion grabbed the vine with one hand and punched the side of the monkey with the other. It flew into the cluster of vines, being rendered paralyzed where it was. Dominion took hold of the vine with a firm grip and held his own body weight up, just barely. lifting his other arm up, Dominion began to climb up to the top again. His hair was now messy, but Dominion didn't care at all.

Monkey-29/32 HP, 15 Dmg (2/2 BLD, 1/1 PAR)

Dominion-297/300 HP, 30 En, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 3 CD

Edited by Dominion

75967 BD:6 (hit) 2 DMG+12 from BLD, MD:PAR

Dominion decided to jump from where he was above the monkey and attempt an attack from above. It wasn't as though the monkey could block it since it was currently paralyzed. Dominion took this chance to strike at the beast, coming down with almost full force. As he landed against it's side, the monkey spat out pixilated blood, which greatly disturbed Dominion. "Wow, that was truly disgusting. I hope I don't have to see a monkey spit blood in this game again, especially since they are like brothers to me." Dominion wanted to make a mercy kill, but he didn't know how he would do it. "If there is a deity out there, please let my next strike end the life of the suffering monkey. It doesn't deserve this sort of treatment, especially from someone such as myself." Dominion toppled over the monkey and began to climb up the vine.

Monkey-15/32 HP, 15 Dmg (1/2 BLD, 0/1 PAR)

Dominion-300/300 HP, 30 En, 3 MIT, 3 EVA, 3 CD

Edited by Dominion

75969 BD:5 (miss) MD:6(-3) (miss)

Dominion got a little bit further up the vine before turning to look down, leaning away from the vine off to the side and finally decided to jump. He came down upon the monkey which originally lay helpless in the knots of vines. However, the monkey was back in a somewhat stable position, excluding its lack of HP. Dominion couldn't make the final kill as he came down near the monkey. He spun his body back so his torso was toward the sun and his legs aimed down at the monkey. He used this to place his legs on the monkeys arms and give him another chance to climb the vine. Dominion's quick thinking was absolutely needed in the situation, especially to give him a second try at defeating the monkey. He landed on the monkey's arm and grabbed the vine beside him. He quickly put one arm above the other as he climbed up the vine several feet.

Monkey-3/32 HP, 15 Dmg (0/2 BLD)

Edited by Dominion

75972 BD: Forgoing action MD:4 (miss)

Dominion got a little bit further up the vine before feeling somewhat guilty. This monkey was different from the other certainly, but it clearly was a one of a kind little beast. It certainly proved it's potential to fight to Dominion, so all that was left was getting the instrument in which to tame the little cridder. So Dominion wished to give the little guy a chance, but he needed to get a banana from the above patch in order to do that. Dominion grabbed the vines and began to climb at a vigorous speed. He put one hand above the other in quick rythem to reach the top. The monkey that was trying to keep up really didn't have the stamina to do so. Dominion left he little guy a couple feet behind as he climbed up the vine. He finally reached the top, where he could grab onto a branch and make a straight line over to the bananas

Monkey-3/32 HP, 15 Dmg (0/2 BLD)

Edited by Dominion

75973 BD:9 (2+1=3DMG)| LD: 2 Nope | MD:4(miss)

Dominion grabbed the patch of bananas and held it over the side. The monkey seemed to have a keen eye on Dominion's hand that held the bananas, but it was not what Dominion had expected. Suddenly, the beast jumped up and tried to strike at Dominion's neck. Dominion moved to the side, his footing on the branch was far superior, and struck it in the side. Dominion could see breath leave from the mob as it began to pixilize. The little thing had made Dominion feel guilty, which was not something Dominion was used to. He grabbed his side and turned his head, a patch of bananas in hand. Looks as though I will need to go and search for a more agile and powerful monkey... the monkey king. He must be here somewhere as it seems this would be it's domain. Dominion looked from side to side for a good place to sit down.

Monkey-0/32 HP, 15 Dmg Dead

Edited by Dominion

Sitting in the tree, a bit of light gleaming through the upper canopy of the forest, Dominion had time to think. He now had a batch of bananas, which would be most useful if he could find the correct familiar, but it was not going to be easy. Dominion put his hands to his legs as he began to stand up. Now he had the instrument to catch the beast, but he lacked the resources to find it and tame it. Dominion was not down by this, as he would leave in two days time from now. Dominion looked around the area for a landmark of some sort. He looked out at a vine, somewhat purple in color, that was hanging from the tree. Dominion didn't think there were any other vines with that color in the surrounding environment. Either I am really, really tired or that vine will work perfectly for finding this place again... Dominion smiled and stood erect, his armor was covered with leaf stains, but had done its purpose for the most part. 

Something caught his eye as he stood. A swift, white tailed monkey moved through the trees. It wore armor like a person, but it was half Dominion's height in size. When Dominion turned to get a better look, there was nothing but vines and greenery there. That must be what I am after... I don't know if I can keep up with something that fast, but I will have the means when I return. Dominion thought in his head, his arms trailing at his sides. Dominion moved right arm to snag hold of the vine to his right. He then began to slide down the vine, careful to watch out below for mobs. He knew that a fight against a nepent would be the wrong course of action, but he didn't know for sure if it would be that big a problem. Dominion moved his head slightly to the left, when he saw a vine launch nearly directly at him. He moved quickly around the side of the tree by swinging violently and that vine missed by a very, very small margin.

Dominion didn't care for more combat so, as he passed around the tree with the vine, Dominion released his grip. Inertia from the swing sent him slightly off and grabbed a thick branch on the way down. He could feel the branch give some slack, the leaves bouncing up and down from the weight. He lifted his body up with both hands and now was kneeling on the branch. Nepent, and by the size of the vine, must be a large one. Dominion suddenly felt obligated to attack the beast, getting rid of one more mob threat for the lower players. Dominion remembered a conversation he had with wolfie regarding the spawn of mobs. He immediately lost that feeling and knew that he needed to run. Dominion was faster than most mobs in the game, but he was definitely faster than any that climbed in the trees. With this knowledge, Dominion turned his body and ran atop the branch, which was getting narrower and narrower as he moved. 

Dominion could hear a crack from below and noticed that the branch was sinking, almost as though it was broken off from the main tree. Dominion reached up and jumped, clinging onto a vine that was looped over a branch from above. The stable structure of the branch beneath him fell into the dark abyss below, his human eyesight being a downside. "I definitely want to find out what is down there, but it is not the time." Dominion muttered this and pulled his body weight onto the branch above. This maneuver was taxing on his arms and he would need to rest for a little bit more before he could truly return to his alleyway. Dominion was finally atop the branch, breathing rather hard. He moved his body to be secure by a knot, a place where another branch would have been if it didn't fall off for some unknown reason. Dominion laid his head back and rested at that area for a few minutes.

Dominion came to wake up with a little spawn left in his journey. Dominion just needed to find the place, the shack, which was the abode of the woman. He was by no means done with the quest, so he needed to move quickly. Dominion grabbed the branch which he was laying on with his right hand. He used this arm to support his body, now standing on the firm bark beneath his feet. Dominion immediately took off running, jumping, and pulling his body weight up when branches would fall out from below him. He moved to dodge small, medium, and large vines that would seem to fall from above. Dominion did not have quite enough light nor the focus to tell where these vines were coming from, but it really didn't matter as long as he dodged them. Dominion hit a few away with his hand wraps, and others he would use to continue moving through the trees.