[F01-PP] The First Lesson (ft. Jax & Alice)

It was a tad frustrating, knowing that he wasn't just going to be able to make materials and Col appear out of thin air, yet he was persistent on claiming that he would find a way to get it done. She wanted to throw a jabbing question about just how he would, but knew the only answer she would get would be a run around of sorts. Letting out a silent sigh as she kept her eyes on the prowl for fitting flowers, she would explain more on what she had said, "Well, like I mentioned earlier, one of the first quests I took was <<Earning a Living>> which is a quest that gives you a profession. There's a nice variety; blacksmith, tailor, cook, alchemist, fisherman, performer, and merchant. Each of them have unique crafts they can create and certain perks that come along with each individual trade." She pulled out an item in her inventory, a band that she had made at her own shop, "As you can see, I'm a tailor. This here's the logo to my shop." She didn't mention that it wasn't yet open to the public though, "While I can craft certain types of light armor for players, I have no way of supplying weapons or heavier sets of armor." She let out a soft chuckle, "Maybe I'm being a little selfish with where I'm going with this, but it would be one less worry."

ID: 76133 - LD: 12 (3 of 5)

Edited by Alice

He hadn't noticed the frustration in either her tone or facial expressions, not that he would be able to see with her facing the other way. She informed him more about the details of the quest that the players in town had suggested he take on as his first quest, which appeared to be the action she took when first starting out. Not that it was of any importance, but he muttered to himself when she revealed to him a rather simple looking band she had made, "A tailor, hmm...?" It was a job that was commonly performed by women in the real world so he wouldn't say he was surprised, but expected for her to take on something a little more... challenging, if that was the proper choice of words. As she got more to the point that she was trying to address, Jax could tell that being as openly inviting as she was had begun to overthink things, "Selfish? Nah." He laid back on the grass, putting his elbows up and hands beneath his head as he looked towards the sky, "Ya said it yourself, it's for the greater good. If a blacksmith is what ya need, then I don't mind havin' a go." He tilted his head in her direction, wanting to be certain that he understood her, "That is what you're gettin' at, yeah?"

ID: 76134 - LD: 1

Edited by Jax

She shook her head, "You're asking way too much of a complete stranger, Alice." While she had taken the liberty to explain her ideas to others in the past with hopes that they would be interested enough to show support, she hadn't gotten quite this far before. Not to mention, this guy hadn't yet experienced Aincrad in the slightest so it wasn't like he knew what he was getting himself into. Alice was completely conflicted as to whether she should drop it all or allow this guy to commit to a choice on her behalf that he wouldn't be capable of changing, "Well, yes. If there was a blacksmith that worked in correlation with the group, it would make things drastically easier." She held up a finger to signify that she wasn't finished speaking, "However, I would like for it to be something you take under heavier consideration than you are now. Just because I'm egging you on like some PETA ad on television doesn't mean you have to help out the poor dog." She put her palm to her head as she envisioned what she said, "I'm just making it sound worse, aren't I?"

ID: 76135 - LD: 7

Edited by Alice

Now that Alice was on the same page as him, it was nice to hear exactly what would best influence the concept guild. It honestly shouldn't be that difficult to say what was on her mind, but nevertheless, it didn't sound as if she was saying so guilt-free. Between having a blacksmith and a tailor to start out, he didn't really imagine it being too tough to get things rolling in the short run, "I get that you're tellin' me to hold off, but let's say hypothetically I became a blacksmith." He really didn't give a care in the world what he became as crafting sounded more like a chore than fun, especially since it would just take away from his leveling up or relaxation. Keeping his finger raised to signify that he wasn't done, "I make all the weapons and armor to your satisfaction to get everything up off the ground and runnin'. What is the next step from there?" While it sounded like a lot of physical labor rounding up all the materials, col, and forging equipment, running a coordinated group of any size wasn't just a simple command.

ID: 76227 - LD: 16 (3 of 5)

Edited by Jax

Edging onwards to hearing out what all she had planned, it seemed as if Alice was going to have to spill the entire can of beans before he was content with her answer. His question was a pretty simple one to answer, having already planned this far out ahead of time, "Well, after I established a source of renewable equipment to hand off to future guildmates and allies alike, the next step would be to make it official. Unfortunately, you can't weave a fancy flag and label yourself as a guild. You have to have enough support to establish it as an officially run guild." She would need another three or four players in addition to Jax's help, depending on whether or not he decided on joining in the end, "After reaching that point, the main goal of the guild would be to serving as an aid relief for players world-wide. On the back burner, however, would be to focus on creating a guild house to serve as a place of sanctuary and a social hub. After all, getting to meet the players that we're all going to be spending the next few years with is pretty important."

ID: 76233 - LD: 10

Edited by Alice