[PP:F7:Complete]] <<Case of Wurms>> w/ Aereth

Anemone had ended up in Rig, somehow or another, but she was not completely and utterly insane. No, she stood there at the edge of the safe zone looking out as if she were trying to find something. Once again, she was pondering and wandering about the city asking for players to help her with a certain quest. Many didn't take the time to listen to her request nor did they honestly care if she was a Support character. If she could not do damage, they were not interested in the petite woman. She sighed, but she wore a smile on her face none the less to hide her disappointment. She leaned against one of the walls of an establishment and scanned the small city with her bright fire red eyes. Many people were somewhat put off by those extreme colored orbs of hers, and she was not sure why, she just enjoyed bright colors and red was one of her favorites. 

None the less, she stood there against the wall watching people come and go without even noticing her. She gnawed on her lower lip as the day would soon pass her up altogether, "Come on, there has to be someone who would be willing to help me out. I should just start dancing around and getting naked or something, then I'm sure any guy will want to help me. Ugh!!" Anemone fought herself on the matter of what men found so appealing to the other women in this game, but not her. Perhaps she was just too naive and too quiet for them. She loved romance, Knights in shining white armor and coming to rescue her. Of course, this was a life or death kind of game. No one had time for real romance. But that's not what this was about! Shaking her head, "Silly thoughts...This is no time for thinking about that." 

@Aereth

Edited by Anemone

Today Aereth was once again on the hunt for materials for his shop. He heard that on the seventh floor some good materials for tailor crafts would spawn. Even though he doubted the rumor, he still went to the seventh floor to see if there was at least a tiny bit of truth in said rumor.

After a short walk from the main settlement to reach the city of Rig, Aereth entered the safe zone with his wolf familiar Fenrir following him. Both of them looked around to get a first impression of the city thy entered just now, since they have never been in this particular city even once before. There were many people and NPC’s walking around in this area, but one player caught Aereth’s attention. She was walking from player to player and seemingly wanted to ask them something, but unfortunately got ignored by every single one of them. Seeing the sad expression on the woman’s face, Aereth decided to walk over to her, in order to see if she needed help with something.

Hey there. Sorry if I’m being rude. But can I help you with something. You looked a little bit lost with all the players ignoring you more or less…” he said to the female player that was standing against the wall, looking her directly in her fire red eyes. “Oh and sorry again, I didn’t even tell you my name. I’m Aereth, and this is my partner Fenrir. Nice to meet you.” He added while extending his hand for the greeting.

@Anemone

Edited by Aereth

"Ugh, do I look so pathetic?" There was a hand gesture and a introduction to his name, it was a sweet name, as far as Anemone could understand from it. But she was a bit hesitant from the handshake, but what harm can be done from that? With a smile smile sketched on her face, the woman lifted her body off from the wall and placed her hand forward to meet his hand. The two connected, but of course being a woman and all, all her fingers save for her thumb were pressed into his palm. With a small bounce of her hand to signify the meeting the meek girl finally spoke, "My name is Anemone. It is nice to meet you and Fenrir." She continued to smile at both. 

He had requested if she were lost during the greeting. The woman shook her head lightly, her eyes falling to the ground and she attempted to make her story vocal. Damn, why couldn't people just read minds so she didn't have to speak all the time to new people. But then again, if people were reading her mind...The woman became rather flustered very quickly and shot her hands over her reddening face. She must look like a total and complete goofball the way she was acting just now, "Sorry. I'm not lost. There is  quest or something that too far from here about some wurms. I have no combat skills to serve me, so I have been asking around for players to help. But no one wants to bring a Support along. I can heal! And...I am a good scout for things. Oh! Would...would you be interested in helping? I can't do much in payment, but maybe I can offer another service?" @Aereth

When the woman smiled and started to introduce herself, Aereth also couldn’t help but to smile. After that though the woman whose name was revealed as Anemone started to look down with a reddening face and covered said red face with her hands. She then explained her situation. “Then it seems like you only talked with complete morons. You have an interesting and very useful build. You know what? I’ll help you. I’ve been coming here to hunt for some materials but helping you with that quest will give me a bunch of experience and I still can gather some materials while searching for the quest monster.” He answered her in a calm voice. “Oh and don’t worry about a payment just some warm food and something to drink at the end of the day are fine.” He joked and chuckled and opened his menu to send her a party invite.

With that the two of them started to walk out of the city of Rig to find the monster. “So what made you choose to be a supporting class? They are very rare nowadays because nobody wants to do these kind of tasks like healing and scouting.” Was he being too straight forward? Asking her personal stuff about her build right at the beginning wasn’t the smartest thing what he could do. He then rose his hands in front of him and said. “Sorry, you don’t have to answer this question if you don’t want. We did just meet after all.

@Anemone

"Oh! Thank you, Sir Aereth! That means a lot. If you are looking for warm food and good drink, then you should visit my shop sometime. I'll make whatever tickles your belly! I specialize in greek foods, but I think I can make other dishes as well. I am still a low rank in my profession though, but that doesn't stop me from doing my best!" She was enthusiastic whenever she spoke about food and when others spoke about it, she wanted to just jump right in the conversation and speak about all the wonderful stuff she planned to make. But she often held back and bit her tongue, she was quiet and liked to listen to others speak rather than hear herself ramble on about anything about the said subject. She was ignored most of the time anyways, so it really didn't make much difference. 

They began their adventure and Anemone began to use her right finger to spin the locks of curly hair around it, keeping it bouncy and springy. Aereth had spoken up, probably feeling a tad bit awkward from the silent trip already. She looked at him and smiled softly, "Well, that is a loaded question I suppose. It is not question that this can be a truly dark and dangerous game. I have heard of enough things to know that there are cruel people in this world, but I have not heard much of people in the ways of healing others. Good people, bad people. We all bleed the same...but yet, one takes another live and then revenge becomes a thing. Then another life is taken...I want to save everyone, I know that's ludicrous. But, I believe anyone can be helped and that's why I chose my path. I want to heal people, both wounds and their hearts. But I am such a nervous wreck around people, I rarely leave the first floor." The meek woman made her explanation, she would not say anything about the Holy Lord to a player she just meant, it was not right to push such faith on others who did not wish to listen. 

She gave a courteous smile, "It's no problem. I don't mind answering some questions. You were nice enough to help me along the way, you can't be a bad person." 

ID: 76520
LD: 18+8 = +1 material

Skipping a bit ahead of the party, the woman knelt over from the waist as her twin tailed cape fluttered behind her and settled as she picked up a rather sturdy looking stone. She read the contents of it and smiled looking back with a small wave, "I'll help you collect some materials. I have a sharp eye for these things."  @Aereth

Edited by Anemone

Aereth chuckled once again at the way Anemone addressed Aereth. "Haha no need of formality. And you're a cook? That's awesome. I love Greek food. Not much is better than gyros and ouzo." he told the woman while thinking of his favorite food. Austrian Pork Roast with sauerkraut.... "I've been inside of this freaking game for over two years and I haven't been able to find a cook that can make me some real Austrian Pork Roast with sauerkraut." he told Anemone with a nostalgic look on in his eyes. After that he tried his best to explain to her what this food was.

After that he listened to her explanation to why she choose to take the healer path. "To heal the hearts of the people..." he mumbled, thinking about his own destroyed heart. Could it be healed? Who knows but Aereth doubted it... Shaking his head and giving a faint smile to Anemone he replied. "Wise words... And that's a noble goal you have. The least we can do is to save as many as possible. That's also one thing that keeps me going every day. I want to protect, to save as many players as possible." he said in a calm but somewhat pained voice. "We need more people like you here in Aincrad. Just make sure the game doesn't break you.

"Still I'm terribly sorry if I'm being rude asking all those questions. As you might have noticed until now, I quite like to talk." he said while scratching the back of his head. When she immediately found an odd looking stone, a material, Aereth was really impressed. "She must have a really high S&D level, since I didn't even see that one..." he thought. "That's awesome. Maybe I can learn a few tricks from you, since I'm a Scout/DPS build" he told her now again with more joy in his voice.

@Anemone 

Spoiler

ID# 76522 results:

Loot: 5+5=10

Edited by Aereth

"That actually sounds really yummy! If you ever stop by the shop, I'll do my darndest to create that dish!" She enjoyed talking about food as much as she enjoyed crafting it and eating it. She was pretty fortunate this game didn't take weight as a possible number for players who over ate. She knew she may have had maybe a few extra 'seconds' during dinner and dessert on some nights and that her figure would probably something unattractive to look at if those stats were included. Listening to his comment towards her story made her eyes subtly close for the moment hearing that pain in his voice, perhaps he has been traumatized to an extreme point. She had seen many 'broken' people in the game, sad faces, no souls, just...moving and walking in shells of their digital bodies. 

Her smile sincere when he mentioned he enjoyed to talk, "Oh! That's fine. I am a great listener, normally people don't hear me when I speak because I am shy around new people. But I can be warming to those who I feel comfortable with. You seem like a rather charming fellow and easy to talk to, so I feel pretty comfortable right now..." and then there was a small bit of silence between the two. The woman continued to walk side by side her companion, looking up with a small trying to find that next topic. Her fingers rolled behind her back, "So, a Scout-DPS, huh? I have heard and seen many of these hybrid builds. First there was Itzal and then Sey, it would be an impossibly small world if you knew those two as well." She giggled, sweeping a hand in front of her face. Of course he wouldn't know them, that would be too much of a coincidence. 

ID: 76525
LD: 19+ 8= +1 Material

Once again, the petite woman strode off the beaten path and picked up another shiny rock. With her small fingers wrapping around the polished orb, she sank bank into formation with @Aereth and held out her hand, "We will divvy up what we find at the end of the quest. I'll be sure you get your half for helping me through this quest."  

Edited by Anemone

"Really? That would be awesome if you could try that. Like I said, I haven't found a cook yet that was able to make something like that for me. Just thinking of it brings back good memories. My mother made this kind of food for special occasions." he told the the white haired woman in front of him. "So what is your favorite food. You told me that you specialize on Greek food, so I assume you really like to eat Greek food?" Aereth asked her.

When she mentioned that she usually was a shy person and rather listened to others than talking herself, Aereth chuckled. "Thanks for the compliment, and I can only give it back to you. I usually work and train completely alone most of the times if I'm not training with my guild, since I don't trust people that easily, but seeing somebody that needs helps triggers something in me. And I really enjoy having a good conversation with people like you." "he said while scratching the back of his head. 

Aereth started to chuckle when Anemone mentioned that she met Sey and Itzal in the past. "I'm sorry if I shock you now, but it seems like this world is indeed that small. I'm in the same guild as Itzal and Sey. Sey is a friend of mine, and Itzal is my teacher and the man who picked me up from the streets..." he told her. The last part in a quieter tone. After that he realized that he may have shared a little bit too much information...

Spoiler

ID# 76648 results:
Loot: 3+5

She then found another shiny stone and told him that she would share half of the materials with him at the end of the day. Aereth again wasn't able to spot anything. No even activating all of his searching skills helped him to find something. He gave out a sigh, but smiled at the woman. "You really don't need to give me anything. Like I said, I'm happy if I can help you and some food at the end of the day is enough. And meeting a possible new friend is a bonus."

@Anemone

Edited by Aereth

"I would be overjoyed to create something like that for you. Your mother sounds like a wonderful woman." The smile rested on her lips as she nodded to his next line of questions. Food. Oh man, was she revving up for that one if ever asked, "I am a huge dessert fan. Anything with fruit and icecream. But I enjoy most foods, especially lean meats and fish. But I am tempted time from time with a rare, juicy fat steak as well. Oh gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about that. Teehee~," soft bubbly giggles ignited as she spoke about her favorite foods, perhaps not greek in nature but she was not bias against food from any culture. She would try it all even if it smelled weird and tasted funny. Everyone had a unique sense of taste, it was just finding the right combination of tastes to tantalize those taste buds. 

Arms behind her back, and eye now filled with wonder and joy, she was happy to hear he was part of the same guild as the previous two names she had mentioned. It was indeed a small world, or maybe that Itzal's guild was just very large. Were they bigger than the Knights of the Blood Oath as well? It would not be a shock, with nice guys like these in their ranks, she didn't doubt that people would be flooding their ranks in that helpful guild. But the story he told had a small undertone of sadness as he trailed off, 'picked off the streets.' Her eyes fell to the ground, it must have been a difficult adjustment for him in the game if he was like that. "I was abandoned by a party once. We were out on floor six and we were passing through a thick jungle. Someone thought it would be funny to leave me in there by myself and the next thing I noticed they were gone and the party was disbanded. I was stuck in that forest for most of the day, there was a man who did help me out from it. I was crying cuddled up next to a tree. He was a big guy, dark hair with greying features. A peppered beard and very warm welcoming eyes, but he seemed very fatherly. He asked if I needed help and I told him my story, he helped me out of that forest but he never gave me his name. I hope to meet him again one day so I could repay him. There are good people out there, Aereth." She smiled up at him. 

"Friends!" she said with another soft set of giggle after her declaration. After hearing his story, she just had to create that dish for him no matter what! 

ID: 76691
LD: 17 +8 = +1 Material

When Anemone was searching with those bright red eyes of her, she leaned over as her twin capes fluttered in a small breeze. The rock she found was quite odd, and crystallized. Her eyes were bright and she licked the edge of the rock and squinted slightly, "Just as I thought. Salt rock." @Aereth

Edited by Anemone

"Really? You'd really try that for me?" he said and rushed over to her taking both of her hands and looking at her with stars in his eyes. After that he noticed how close the two of them were at the moment and immediately let go of her hands, followed by a deep bow. "Sorry for that.... uhm... let's call it outburst of joy." he told Anemone in an apologetic tone.

"And she's indeed a wonderful woman. I'm eager to get back into the real world to see her and my father again." After that she talked about which kind of food she enjoyed most. "Desserts are always good. Oh god, you need to stop talking about such delicious stuff while we're out here, or I may have to kidnap you to make you my personal chef." he joked and chuckled while Anemone giggled. 

Then however, the good mood shifted for the worse. Anemone told Aereth how she was abandoned by her party in a thick jungle and that she had to stay there almost a whole day before somebody found and rescued her. His eyes got cold immediately after hearing that story. "Scum." he said, with disgust in his voice. "It must be hard as a supporting character. You need to trust and rely on others if it comes to combat. And as much as I'd like to say that I know you savior, unfortunately I don't know a man that fits this description. I'm glad that he found you out there. Such a wonderful person like you, who dedicates her life to support others, doesn't deserve to die at such a place." Some moments of silence followed afterwards.

Spoiler

ID# 76701 results:
Loot: 13+5

Materials: +4

He looked around to see if he could find anything useful in the near area. Anemone had been finding some materials on the way, but Aereth struggled to find even one. Fortunately he was able to spot a perfect set of four shiny red ores, hidden in a dead tree. He then stood up and walked back to her.

"You know, since you told me your story I shall tell you mine. Remember when I said that Itzal picked me up from the streets? Well it all came to it because of one incident. But lets start from the beginning. Back when this whole nightmare started I wasn't alone. I joined this game with my best friend. We didn't do much besides some basic money grinding. One day we got ambushed by two PKers and..." Aereth needed to take a deep breath. He hadn't told many persons this story yet, but he somehow felt that he could trust this particular women... "and they killed him in front of my eyes. I don't know how and why but I somehow managed to escape. Since then I've lived on the streets. All I did was drinking and passing out. If I didn't have any more money I headed out and killed some boars." he told the woman in a sad tone. "And then one day I met Itzal. He gave me some food, a place to stay and he started to train me. I owe a lot to that man. He showed me the bright sides of life again, and helped me to find my goal in here." Now his tone started to brighten up again. "I want to protect as many players as I possibly can, and I will do whatever is necessary to keep those players safe that can't fight for themselves.

@Anemone

Edited by Aereth

With her hands bound to his, those large eyes starring down at her. The rush of movement caught completely off guard, all she could do was mutter an 'Ahh...' and then he quickly apologized for the action. It set off a smile on her face when those warm hands of his touched over hers. She had been quite guarded and protective of herself for so long that even a small gesture like that made her belly burn with nervousness. But the apology was unnecessary, "No, you are fine. I'd be more than willing. You wouldn't need to capture me though, I'd make you anything you wanted all you have to do is ask. On Floor 17 you'll find my shop. Just come on by..." the woman lifted her finger and gave him the map data and the route to take in the Greek Themed floor city. She smiled at him, her fingers touching over the spot where his hands once were. She blushed mildly and continued to smile while dipping her eyes away from him as they began their trek once more. 

The mood turned though with her story and then his as well, she felt a pang in her heart upon hearing about a friend of his meeting an early death. The passing of a friend, she had not seen or felt such a connection with anyone so far in this game. But that was quickly changing now, people like Aereth, Seul, Itzal, Beatbox and Sey. They were all there for her when she needed them, her rocks. She would shed many tears if any of them would find their end in this game. She wanted to do more for them all to make them as safe as possible. 

With the end of his story, she really just wanted to give @Aereth a mighty hug, but she quelled the feeling and nodded her head, "We both want the same things it looks like. To protect others. I am glad I have met so many people like you and your guild that share that same belief. Even though I can't fight for myself, I am sure one day I will be able to protect others in another way. I think each of us has a treasure and a path to help one another in this game. Even the so called Scum, I believe they deserve second chances. The people who left me in that forest as a joke, I forgive them for that. We can't lose who we are or we are just beasts in this game. Our bodies might be away, but our minds and hearts are still here." 

Aereth seemed to have found a few materials in a tree, Anemone needed to look around as well, she had to clear the air of all this sadness. 

ID: 76707
LD: 16+8 = +1 material

Shifting to the side of the pathway, she squatted down and picked up several herbs. Just a small grouping of items that could prove useful in the kitchen at a later date. 

Edited by Anemone

"Then I have to say thank you for the invitation, I promise you to stop by in the next couple of days." Aereth would answer her while she gave him the map data of her shop with a gentle smile on her face. 

Again, wise words were spoken by Anemone and Aereth would simply nod before giving his response to the white haired player in front of him. "I have to completely agree with you in this regard. We may have chosen different paths but our goals are the same. It took me quite some time to figure out what this goal of mine should be, but with the help of my friends, both living and passed away ones, I am more than sure that I can stay true to myself until the end of the path I choose to walk." Aereth answered, but wasn't sure if all he just said were just empty words and that he was simply lying to himself... Would he become one of the monsters he swore that he would hunt? Only the future could tell.

Spoiler

ID# 76755 results:
Loot: 8+5

Materials: 4

They somehow needed to transition back to some brighter topics, so after a couple moments of futile searching and silence, Aereth choose speak out once more. "I guess your main goal is to reach the frontlines as quick as possible to start working as a healer?

@Anemone

Edited by Aereth

The question had yanked at her anxiety and set it into overdrive panicky mode. She swallowed hard and felt the beads of sweat roll off her forehead. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly with a smile, "Um. f-front lines?" she asked in a nervous and timid tone. She wasn't exactly sure if she was capable enough to even make it that far to tell the truth. Normal dungeons and small parties were great because she could concentrate on just her small party of people. But when you throw a bag of frontliners in the mix, they expect you to be a hardened warrior and willing and ready to die. 

"I don't know about that, I get very nervous around people I don't know and the front lines seems like something only courageous people can do. I am not at all courageous, I would be in charge of healing for my party probably, but having that kind of responsibility placed on my shoulder is a bit nerve wrecking." She laughed nervously thinking that if she had tried to heal anyone during the time of need she'd probably end up fainting and passing out through the entire ordeal, then she would probably be eaten by the Raid Boss. She placed both hands on her face as that nightmare seemed to come alive in her mind's eye and shook her head, "Maybe when I finally get the guts. Right now, it's just very hard for me to do even simple things like talking to people." 

ID: 76799
LD: 14 + 8 = +1 material

With a meek and quiet smile, the woman shot to the left of pathway and secured a handful of small glittering leaves, not exactly sure what they could be used for but useful all the same. The question about the front lines had put her mind in a tizzy, "Are you on the Front lines?" she asked in return. @Aereth

Edited by Anemone

It seemed Aereth did a terrible job in changing the subject to a brighter one, since Anemone started to get panicky and nervous at the question if she wanted to join the frontlines. Aereth mentally sighed. "I'm so f*cking bad with words at times...." he thought and listened to Anemone who told him how she was feeling unfit and anxious about joining the frontlines. 

Aereth turned around, put a hand on Anemone's shoulder and answered with a warm smile on his face. "I can understand that. I've been talking with another guildmate of mine about the pressure of being responsible for the lives of other peoples. He's a tank and the last floor boss raid was his first time tanking for the frontlines. He somehow told he that even though he has to shoulder such a high pressure, the enjoyment of helping to beat this death game outweighs the pressure. Don't beat yourself up that much about being gutless. You're far away from being a gutless player. You came here to this floor all alone and were searching for someone to help you with that quest of yours. And right now you're talking with me and I can only say that I very much enjoy my time here with you."

Spoiler

ID# 76991 results:
Loot: 5+5

Materials: 4

Aereth chuckled at the next question of @Anemone. "I take that question as a compliment." Did he really look that strong? It seems like in Anemone's eyes he did. "But right now I only reached tier two and am far away from being useful to the guys at the front lines. I'm trying to get stronger to get there at some point but who knows when that will be.

Edited by Aereth

There was a quiet smirk on her face, it seemed a lot of people like to pat her on the head for some reason. Maybe they thought she was adorable...like a puppy or something? It was a kind gesture none the less and it showed some amount of embarrassment as well as the hot blush streaked across her face temporarily from the act. Still trying to get used to the simple touch of a human hand on her even if it was just a hand on her head. She could feel the blood vessels ready to pop in her nose should a cute guy ever try to make a more imposing move on her, oh that would be a day if there ever was one. When her question was shot back to Aereth, she smiled more and strode up to him and with a sort of confident tone in her voice, "Well for someone who would come up to such a high floor and hunt solo here, you have to be pretty strong right? I mean you are willing to take a pounding for me when we get into combat..." Bad choice of words, although that was pretty much the skinny of it. He would be taking on all the hate, and she wasn't sure if he would be an evasion player or more tanky. 

Sweeping her hand over the springy strands of her hair, she smiled up at him, "You are quite brave to do something like that though. The frontlines would need someone brave like you, even if you feel you are not ready to join them yet. Besides, you are helping protect at least one player right now, right? Me! And I know its nothing game escaping, but at least you have a good heart to do something like that. Willing to risk it for a girl like." She crossed her arms over her chest, "That's a pretty special trait. So I believe you are as far as useless as one can be, Sir Aereth." 

ID: 77018
LD: 17 + 8 = +1 Material

When she picked up a material, her face glowed somewhat as she looked back at him. "I am enjoying my time with you very much as well, Sir @AerethErr, don't be creepy about it...ugh!

Edited by Anemone

Seeing the embarrassment in Anemone's face because he put on her shoulder, Aereth immediately withdrew his hand again. "Sorry... Seems like I'm having problems with respecting the personal space of people today... After all it's not my goal to make you uncomfortable around me." He said trying to apologize. 

When he heard Anemone's comment about him taking the whole pounding, Aereth couldn't help but laugh heartily. "I like that girl. She comes to the point of things really quickly." he thought. Afterwards she talked about how he has a good heart and that he's far away from being useless. "Thanks for those encouraging words. That means a lot to me. I just can't not help people in need. By helping others I'm somehow able to also help myself. After all I've been through it helps me remind myself that I'm still human..." Aereth would answer Anemone in a warm voice. "And I think a real man should always a offering his assistance to a beautiful lady who is in need of help." he added with a smile on his face.

Spoiler

ID# 77049 results:
Loot: 11+5

Materials: 4+4

While Anemone found her material, Aereth also looked around if he could find anything and luckily got rewarded with another set of four ores. "I'm happy to hear that, milady." Aereth answered @Anemone with a slight bow.

Edited by Aereth

"Was he calling me beautiful or just in general to all women...?" nervous flutter of a smile on her face as he said those words and bowed to her after some side investigation into finding materials for himself. The woman withdrew a bit and continued smiling unsure how to respond to that statement, "I ugh, well, I am sure they do..." she said with a choppy sort of voice unable to actually bring words out in a normal sentence. She failed horribly at these conversations, perhaps she was too much of a closet bookworm that she didn't know the proper decorum when addressing things like this. "Improvise!" She thought to herself, "Well, I think it's romantic that guys would do that for a woman. I have this fixation on meeting Prince Charming somewhere down the road of my life, but I've never really been one to...How do I put it...? I suppose, put myself out there? I watch from a distance on how lovey dovey people can get and it warms my soul that people can easily fall into place like a puzzle with each other. Me on the other hand..." the woman swept her hand over the springy pigtail of her right shoulder, she didn't have to finish that sentence to get her point across. There was that guy Seul who was pretty nice, and there were some others who have also been very nice to her. 

She kinda shrugged at her own mental battle with what was going on, she wasn't desperate or anything, but that feeling of being wanted, perhaps that was something that was missing from her. She just wanted someone to care about her, maybe just a little? It was probably a bizarre and selfish thought. "Oh! You found more materials, that's great. I wonder if we are coming around that quest target yet. It would be just my luck that it would unearth itself just below me, huh?" she giggled lightly only after feeling a phantom vibration which made her anxious and nervous. Maybe it was all in her head. 

ID: 77060
LD: 8+ 8 = [+1 Material]
@Aereth

Edited by Anemone

Aereth could clearly see that Anemone was struggling to find the right words to describe how she should respond to Aereths simple gesture and compliment. He just stayed silent and listened to everything Anemone told him. "You see... I can't agree with everything you just said. Or better how you said it." He looked her into her red eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "I think it's alright wanting to meet Prince Charming on the path you choose to walk. But where I think you are wrong is the part with putting you out there. A real man or better,  Prince Charming will walk up to the princess he loves and tell or show her that. And belief me, you don't have to 'put yourself out there' to find that prince. A girl as beautiful as you shouldn't be so unsure of herself. It is ok if you are more comfortable with watching other, rather than search for the prince yourself. It could just be that the real Prince Charming hasn't had the courage yet to walk over to you and address the matter. So don't worry." he paused shortly. "You'll be found." he said the last part in his warmest and calmest tone. She somehow remembered him of the girl he loved so so much. Alice also had self esteem issues and was always unsure of herself. Maybe the thought of this love managed to emerge from deep within his broken heart  so that you could hear it through the words Aereth spoke...

When Anemone spoke about the event boss popping up directly under her the warmth in his voice perished. He felt it too. The ground beneath them vibrated for a brief moment and the epicenter of the vibrations... "No!" he screamed and moved his body as fast as he could in Anemone's direction. She was standing just a couple of meters away from him but if he wasn't fast enough... No he didn't even want to think about what would happen then. Aereth would definitely prevent it from happening. Just as the <<Amphis Serpents>> started to emerge from the ground, Aereth reached Anemone, picked her up bridal style and jumped away with all the strength his virtual body could generate. The two serpents missed the players by mere inches but that was enough for Aereth.

While they were flying through the air he held Anemone in a firm grip so that she wouldn't be able to slip away, and after they finally met the ground again, Aereth set her back to the ground and turned to face the serpents. "I'm sorry. I wasn't attentive enough. And I should have spotted the boss before it could attack you. But for now pleas stay back. I'll get rid of those two serpents as fast as I can." he said drawing his blade slowly from the sheath on his back. While doing this his Flame Aura enhancement flickered to life and engulfed his armor in white flames. Aereth never saw himself as a prince. He was more of a Knight who did the dirty work, so that the princess' hands would stay pure and clean. The two serpents were hissing at Aereth at his preparation. They had their opportunity to attack now was Aereth's turn. He sprinted towards the serpents with a glowing blade, signalizing that he charged up a sword art. Aereth somehow felt slower and sloppier in  this area, but fortunately he was able to reach the serpents before they could react to it and unleashed his strongest sword art, dealing at least decent damage to the field boss...

Spoiler

ID# 77120 results:
Battle: 4+3-1=6 HIT
Damage: 11*8*1= 88 DMG

MOB: 1-1+1 MISS
Damage: 0

[1] Aereth: 520/520 <> 45/52 <> EVA: +1(Armor)-1(Environment) <> ACC: +3(Ring)-1(Environment)
[0] @Anemone: ?/? <> ?/?

Amphis Serpens: 132/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45MIT

Edited by Aereth

There was a slight swelling of a tear growing in the corners of her eyes when she heard Aereth's explanation to her comment. She found her hands over her heart, his words were so calm and lasting, pure and passionate. There was not a single note left behind that made him sound insincere of those words and they had touched her, pressed into her chest and slowly warmed her heart. He gave her compliments, something she had never expected much from anyone. She had no ego to call her own, no self claim of being a glorious woman to all those around her. She just did her thing, but the most revealing part was the amount of purity in his own voice, like he had seen or heard her words somewhere before. She wanted to reach out to him more, get to know him better, feel that warmth that cascaded from his words to her heart again. She felt elated. 

But even through the chaos...Wait. "huh?" Anemone felt that vibration once again and the shout of her Protector. Stomping with all his might, she was scooped up. Her arms and legs gathered in a bundle into his arms as they flew through the sky somehow. His courage burning hot coals as they steamed up into the air and curved below. Her right arm was over his shoulder and neck, she was keeping hold of him for dear life as they moved through the wind until the finally touched down. She had no idea what just happened, but knew she was being protected as the Serpent had come to the surface. Her hot red eyes fell on him, she was breathing so hard and heavily that she was somewhat dizzy. Even through all that, he was able to keep his calm and composed nature. She gulped and felt her legs becoming like jelly. This guy, whoever, he was...did something incredible. 

The shock on her face never lifted as did the hot blush that formed. She simply nodded her head to him as he proposed for her to take a step back and wait for him to slay the Boss. She could not believe or understand his actions, her heart...what was that feeling? 

ID# 
Battle:
Damage: 

MOB:
Damage: 0

[1] @Aereth: 520/520 <> 45/52 <> 
[0] Anemone: 640/640 <> 64/64

Amphis Serpens: 132/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45MIT

Due to Aereth's of attention he had almost caused damage to the girl he promised his help and protection for the day. He would have failed in his task as a knight to protect the princess. It was bothering him, but due to the intense training with his teacher Itzal he was able to keep calm and collected even at this situation. After all he managed to get both Anemone and him out of harms way this time. The situation was under control for now.

After his first attack he briefly turned his head towards @Anemone. "Don't worry. I wont let anything happen to you. You have my word." he told her with a smile on his face before turning his focus back on the field boss in front of him. Even though he didn't see her face for a very long time he could definitely see the rosy cheeks of the woman. But now wasn't the time to address that matter. 

The Amphis serpent hissed once again at Aereth and readied its body for the next attack attempt. After that it sped towards the brown haired player with wired movements. Aereth was unable to find patterns in the way the serpent was approaching him, and thus was only barely able to dodge the attack. It took everything he had to evade the attack and because of this he wasn't able to get in an retaliate hit in return. The serpent started to hide again under the ground so that Aereth couldn't see it anymore. Now Aereth was in a tight spot. Usually mobs and field bosses only attacked the player with the most hate, but he was worried that it might pop up again to attack his partner. He activated all the skills he had available in order to track the serpent again, but couldn't find it...

Spoiler

ID# 77148 results:
Battle: 1 Critical MISS

MOB: 5+1-1MISS

[1] Aereth: 520/520 <> 44/52 <> EVA: +1(Armor)-1(Environment) <> ACC: +3(Ring)-1(Environment)
[0] Anemone: 640/640 <> 64/64

Amphis Serpens: 132/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45MIT

Edited by Aereth