[PP:F7:Complete]] <<Case of Wurms>> w/ Aereth

"So brave, but why is he doing this really? I understand he said he would help protect me, but this seems a little different." Anemone wasn't sure what was going on exactly. She was told to stay back, but he might end up needing help if that Serpent gets ahold of him. Though she was told to stay back, she would at least connect the Life Threads to herself as well as Aereth, this way, if he needed help she could quickly and easily heal him from the distance. But there seemed to be a lull in the battle. As Aereth was going in for the strike, the serpent had once more gone underground. Her bright red eyes scanned the area, squinting as she did so. If she had Detect or Reveal, perhaps she could see through the ground and find the large reptile. However, she was not yet acclimated to such an ability and all she had to go on were her natural peepers. 

Standing frozen on the ground, she had gulped wildly that it could in fact intend to attack her if it decided to strike. She would be at its mercy for the most part and she had yet to take any damage inside of battle from the time she started playing. She had been cautious and was very panicky about these sort of things. There was worry on her expression, but she would not fail him just as he would not fail her. @Aereth

Aereth needed to think. How could he get to know where the Serpent would attack again. "Think Aereth, think..." Then he felt the strange vibration from before when it attacked @Anemone. "That's it!" he said and closed his eyes. The last time he was able to predict where the serpent came out. And this time it would be no different. He closed his eyes and only focused on what he was able to feel with his feet on the ground. The vibrations grew stronger and stronger and he felt that the epicenter of those vibrations was moving towards him. "Thank god." he said in Anemone's direction. "These stupid things primarily target the players with the most hate. And if they're underground you can spot them with the vibrations. But still be careful, since it might have some area of effect  at..." he wasn't able to finish his sentence, because the serpent shot out of the ground beneath him and tried to bury it's huge teeth into Aereth's flesh. Aereth wasn't able to avoid that attack and took the blow head on. Thankfully his flame aura enhancement dealt some nice damage to the serpent and made it flinch at the heat. This opened an opportunity for a counter attack from Aereth. He swung his blade and striked a couple of times at the enemy. The serpent made some distance between itself and Aereth and hissed furiously at him again...

Spoiler

ID# 77187 results:

Battle: 6-1+3 HIT
Damage: 11*8*1=88DMG

MOB: 6+1-1 HIT, FLAME AURA activated -16HP from BURN DAMAGE
Damage: 70DMG

[1] Aereth: 486/520 <> 37/52 <> EVA: +1(Armor)-1(Environment) <> ACC: +3(Ring)-1(Environment)
[0] Anemone: 640/640 <> 64/64

Amphis Serpens: 73/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45MIT

Edited by Aereth

She bit down and gnawed on her pink lip. She was nervous not for herself, but for her Protector. He seemed very much focused into this battle to protecting herself as well as trying to attempt and discern where the next attack would land. Aereth was a great man for standing against this giant serpent already. When she watched him, she tried to help by locating the thing as well. Then the rumbling occured and she squeaked, "Look out!" pointing and shouting as the massive behemoth erupted from the stone ground and tore a small chunk of his health points along with it. As the attack struck, there was an incendiary counter strike along with it. The serpent seemed to hiss at the flame as its face darkening from the flames that licked it face. Unhappy by that, it seems to move its body violently not noticing the attack of the sword art laid upon Aereth. His sword swept through the tough scales of the Serpent as its body fumbled around.

"Oh dear! He took some damage...." Anemone felt compelled to help. Keeping her distance, the woman lay a hand on the invisible thread that connected her to Aereth. With her hands glowing green, she shot the light forth through the thread, "Come on...make it..make it..." the green light shot through the thread like spiritual energy and began to envelope Aereth in a golden green aura where his wounds were quickly healed. Sweeping sweat from her brow from the nervousness that took hold, the woman smiled thanking God she was able to help. 

ID:77195
CD:7+3 
Heal: Success! +208 HP!

[1] @Aereth: 520/520 <> 37/52 <> EVA: +1(Armor)-1(Environment) <> ACC: +3(Ring)-1(Environment)

Amphis Serpens: 73/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45MIT

Edited by Anemone

After Aereth successfully dealt some damage to the serpent he felt something strange. Something that he never felt before. His health points started to rise again and he felt how the damage markers on his body started to vanish. After a couple of seconds Aereth's health was on its maximum again and he felt great. He tilted his head and shot a brief smile in @Anemone's direction.

The serpent however didn't seem to enjoy the fact that Aereth got healed back up to full again that much. It twisted it's body in wired ways and then started another attack attempt. There was no real movement patter for Aereth to notice, so he could just try his best and rely on his quickness and reflexes. He sped towards the serpent, his sword glowing and tried to get another hit on the mob to maybe end the life of it. It turned out to be futile. This time the serpent dodged with ease and dug its fangs into Aereth's right upper leg. He felt the dull sensation in his leg and saw his health points drop again. Immediately the flames of his armor engulfed the serpents face once more and it let go of him immediately, giving him some time to back away...

Spoiler

ID# 77208 results:

Battle: 1 Critical MISS

MOB: 6+1-1 HIT, FLAME AURA activated -16HP from BURN DAMAGE

[3] Aereth: 486/520 <> 36/52 <> EVA: +1(Armor)-1(Environment) <> ACC: +3(Ring)-1(Environment) <> 36MIT

Amphis Serpens: 57/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45MIT

Edited by Aereth

"Look out!" Anemone cried out with a point of her finger. She wouldn't want him to get distracted, again perhaps it was her fault for that. The Serpent wasted no time in attempting to strike the poised Knight. Aereth went head long into the face of danger, his sword glowing as the attack took off. The sword fizzled out, it reminded her many times on how her healing would not work as well as she thought. The serpent boss however did not learn from experience. As the reptile chose to attack Aereth again, it was quickly struck with fire once more. Whatever that was, it burned its scaly skin alongside the face of the serpent causing it to hiss and sway. Aereth must have some kind of different type of fire active armor or something, she had wondered to herself. 

But in anycase, the Serpent might end up dieing if it continued to strike Aereth. Of course, she would not allow those wounds to remain vigilant on his body. With her hand on the thread again, she would focus her Healing skill and treating those wounds from the distance. It was the best she could and with the quest boss almost defeated, they would be safe soon enough. As she attempted to heal, there was no light, no glow no nothing. Much like the fizzled out sword art, it had no chance of sparking. She mentally beat herself up for that, but perhaps on the next go she would try to get him patched up, "Hang in there, Sir Aereth!" 

ID: 77214
CD: 1+3 
Heal: Failure

[3] @Aereth: 486/520 <> 36/52 <> EVA: +1(Armor)-1(Environment) <> ACC: +3(Ring)-1(Environment) <> 36MIT

Amphis Serpens: 57/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45MIT

Edited by Anemone

He looked down at the glowing red spot on his upper leg and sighed. "I was lucky that it didn't rip of my freaking leg..." he thought, now only focusing on the serpent in front of him. It was again starting to attack him and Aereth heard the scrams of @Anemone a couple of times, but had no time to react to them at the moment. Aereth dodged the first attack attempt with a quick side step and parried a swipe from the claws of the serpent with his sword. Slowly but surely he was being pushed back by the furious attacks of the mob. He felt how his health points decreased with every hit he tried to parry instead of dodging. On the other side, this also dealt some damage to the serpent because the flames from his armor started burn stronger and stronger with every hit. "I need to do something... Maybe I can end it with this..." he thought and jumped back a couple of meters.

Suddenly the flames of his armor started to fade and his virtual body began to morph into a different form. After a couple of seconds Aereths body was gone and now there was a second Amphis Serpent. This hit the real serpent by surprise. This short moment of weakness was immediately used by the new serpent to attack. It sped towards it and buried its fangs deep into its flesh. The real serpent winced in pain and shortly afterwards scattered into tiny little polygons. After that the serpent turned around and started to move slowly towards Anemone. While moving towards her, Aereth's body began to morph back to his real form and when he finally reached the white haired healer he put on a warm smile and handed her the quest reward item. "Seems like we are done here, milady." He had succeeded. The monster was slain and the princess was unharmed...

Spoiler

ID# 77305 results:

Battle: 3+3-1+1(Disguise activated, Cooldown Counter: 12/12)
Damage: 11*8*1=88DMG

MOB: 7+1-1-1 Hit, FLAME AURA activated -16HP from BURN DAMAGE

[3] Aereth: 452/520 <> 36/52 <> EVA: +1(Armor)-1(Environment) <> ACC: +3(Ring)-1(Environment) <> 36MIT

Amphis Serpens: 0/175 <> 70 DMG <> 45 MIT DEAD

Edited by Aereth

Anemone kept her hands over her mouth during the rest of the combat phase. Her bright red eyes on the Protector the entire time and making sure his health was not falling down to too dangerous levels. As the flame aura seemed to spark for another attack, something odd happened with Aereth. Seemingly before her eyes, he transformed into the same Serpent her was fighting! Was this some kind of trick or illusion or something? She never seen anything like that before, and perhaps he had access to a unique skill? But the two serpents fought one another, twisting into one another before the other faded into pixels. That was the end and as the Serpent seemed to slither towards her, she took several steps back before the illusion wore off and it was now once again Sir Aereth. Hands over her chest she was so elated that he was still in one piece. 

As he got closer to her, he was about to hand over an item, but Anemone fell forward and wrapped her small arms around him, hugging him tightly in an embrace, "I was so scared you might have lost to that thing. I am so happy you are ok." It took a moment for her to register what she had just done and quickly removed her arms from his body and smiled while looking down at the ground. "Thank you for protecting me, I know you got injured a little bit while doing so. You were quite brave out there. I think you should keep the quest item. I have no use for it." She was happy enough to have earned the experience and the skill points which she knew what to use for when she had gathered the requirements. For now, it was time to head back.

"Thank you for helping such a stranger like myself. I would have been in the city all day looking for help if you hadn't showed up. You have my gratitude. And don't think I forgot about that Austrian Pork Roast. I'll have that fixed up for you in no time! Oh, I suppose we should head back for now. Think you can be my Knight for a little while longer to reach the main settlement?" @Aereth

Edited by Anemone

Aereth was hit off guard by the tight hug from @Anemone when he finally reached her again after the battle. It was the first time in over two years he felt the sensation of being hugged by somebody again. The first few moments he just stood there like frozen, but after that he returned the hug and told the woman with a smile on his face. "No need to be scared. I'm here and still in one piece thanks to you and your healing abilities." Then Anemone quickly removed her arms from his body and thanked him for protecting and helping her. Still smiling, Aereth told her. "No need to thank me. I also got the experience and even the reward item. I'd have to say thank you for healing me back there. So thank you.

Aereth chuckled at the comment about how Anemone wouldn't forget about the food Aereth described to her earlier and the question if he could be her knight for a little bit longer until they would reach the main settlement again. "Like I said, no need to thank me. I quite enjoyed the time we spent together until now. And of course I'll guide you back to the main settlement, I wouldn't even allow you to head back alone.