[F06-SP] <<The Gemini>> Mirror Mirror [Completed]

Spoiler

ID# 77185: MD: 9

Dmg: (7+1) * 4= 32

Hextal [26/340]

Beat [226/340] [2/34]

Hextal laid face down in the grass in shock, his hopes of winning now beaten into him. Despite his face being covered in dirt, he could still see his health bar and how dangerously low it had become and the sight was more than troubling. He closed his eyes as he tried to do something he had failed to do so far: stay calm. He took several deep breaths, holding each one for five seconds before letting it out slowly. The effects were nearly instantaneous and he could feel his heart slowing back down and his body temperature dropping back to a comfortable range. A smile spread across his face as his mind, now an equal partner in the situation, was capable to fully assessing the situation.

Of course...this isn't over.

He slowly rose to his feet, his smug expression a bit surprising to his opponent.  His hands glowed as he unleashed the same barrage he had been using, unconcerned about his defeat here. He was silent as Beat staggered back from his assault, the small amount of progress suddenly undaunting to Hextal.

Doesn't matter at all...

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Accidentally rolled attack when I need to regen EP. Taking no offensive action this round. 

EP+1 

Hextal [26/340]

Beat [226/340] [3/34]

Beat easily regained his balance as Hextal failed to press his advantage, happy to simply stand his ground, feet planted and hands at his sides. Beat's brow quirked in curiosity as he wondered what Hextal's grin could possibly be about. The man had certainly taken his time getting up and when he finally had, his panic and fear was practically gone. 

Something's not right, but if I end it here, then I shouldn't need to worry. 

As Beat began to activate his sword art to land the finishing blow, his energy bar flashed red as the glow ceased on his feet. His mouth shifted into an expression of displeasure. Energy limitations were something that certainly plagued a DPS at a lower levels. He looked forward to leveling and gaining a larger pool of energy so that the limitation was not so detrimental. 

Che...guess I'm waiting for a few seconds. I want to finish him in one shot. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77190: MD: 3 = miss

Hextal [26/340]

Beat [226/340] [3/34]

Hehe he has no idea. Fool.

Hextal chuckled as he watched Beat's confusion build. He kicked himself for losing control before since it was not even necessary for him to succeed at this juncture. All he had to do was finish the fight and make sure Beat understood what all of this meant and what it was for. He had more or less explained his purpose and motivation, but he had been angry and he wanted to make sure Beat had not dismissed him as a simple madman seeking a foolish revenge. He quickly rushed forward and resumed his assault, Beat's image disappearing as he missed his target. He turned to face his rival once again, his smile disappearing as his frustration over his oversight began to bother him again.

"You're so lucky you know? This fight would have gone very differently if my sword arts were functioning properly. I imagine you've always been lucky when it comes to games. I'll knock you off of your throne soon enough though. Hehe I swear! It's almost like You're the one hacking the game!" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77191: BD: 1 

+1 EP -2 EP

Hextal [26/340]

Beat [226/340] [2/34]

Beat's smile returned as he easily dodged the oddly calm Hextal's attack. He still wanted to know what was going on, but he always enjoyed a good workout. Sweat had begun to form on his skin as the fight continued. He replied as he rushed forward, Horus leaving his shoulder and flying ahead to give Hextal something extra to worry about. His legs flew forward, but this time, Hextal managed to block each strike, turning just ahead of Beat each time. Beat's teeth grit in frustration as he cursed the waste of energy that would now drag the fight on longer. He made some distance between them as Horus returned to his side, deciding to respond to Hextal's comment. 

"There is luck involved in any game like this, but if you think my greatness is undeserved, then you just have to think about why you're a nobody and I'm the 'unstoppable force.'"

Beat's determination was unshakable and his addictive dedication was the primary source of his success. Skills and strategies that were sometimes literally beaten into him had gotten him the success he enjoyed in Crossreign. He did not enjoy being discredited for his achievements. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77192: MD: 3 = miss

He's slowing down...good...

Hextal's limbs glowed a familiar pale blue once again as he swung at the subject of his vendetta. Both player's faces expressed shock as Hextal's hands appeared to pass straight through Beat's body. A graphical fragmentation effect surrounded the points that had clipped through their target. He glanced at Beat's health bar, unhappy to see that his attack, while accurate, had somehow failed to inflict any damage. It was likely similar to the other issues he was having with his sword arts. The human virus shook his head as he gave Beat a knowing smile. 

"You see?! How does that happen without luck? Are you trying to tell me that you just trained really hard and that's why you're better than everyone else? Bullshit! Shield didn't play nearly as much as you did and he was still better than everyone else, including you half the time! Explain that!" 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Taking no offensive actions this round. 

+1 EP

EP: [3/34]

Beat folded his arms as he watched his energy bar begin to replenish out of his peripheral sight. A smug grin crossed his face as he stared at the doomed man. Beat wasn't always the smartest person in the room, but despite his issues empathizing with others at times, he was good at one thing: Getting under people's skin. He chuckled as he chose to taunt his opponent with what he knew would be a point of pride for the hacker. 

"Shield is smarter than you, that's all. Don't be mad because you suck and can't figure out how to leverage the numbers in your favor. I'm surprised you couldn't hack your way to the top. Mad cuz bad?"

Despite his efforts to amuse himself, Beat was just as surprised be the sudden glitch that appeared to be in his favor. Normally when an attack struck a player, they would still feel the impact, minus the pain, of course. This time, however, Beat had felt nothing, as if Hextal wasn't even there. He didn't understand enough about hacking to know why the oddities that were occurring were happening, but he did know that clearly something about whatever Hextal had done to achieve his current form was likely being fought by the system. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77193: MD: 8

Dmg: 7 * 4= 28

Hextal [26/340]

Beat [198/340] [3/34]

Hextal's fist balled up as Beat's mockery of his intellect hit his pride for critical damage. His glared narrowed to the point that it appeared that his face was bound to fold in on itself, evoking a howling laugh from Beat that further angered the hacker. His hands glowed once again as he rushed forward, feinting to provoke Beat to dodge, which he did, falling for Hextal's trap. 

"Gotcha you cocky bastard!"

Hextal's limbs flew furiously as he struck Beat with the intent of killing him. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he felt relief that his attack had managed to actually deal  damage that time. He no longer had illusions about winning this fight, but striking his rival provided some measure of catharsis. Accepting his inevitable defeat, Hextal let his arms rest at his side as he felt a genuine smile form on his face as he allowed himself to relax with a long sigh.

"I think that's enough fun for today. Go ahead Beat, finish this fight. Today just wasn't my day, but I assure you, I'll be back."

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

ID# 77194: BD: 11 (8+3)

Delayed Sword - 4x1 - Dmg: 10 * 4 = 40 +1 EP -4 EP

Hextal [0/340] [Dead]

Beat [198/340] [0/34]

Beat  wtched his energy bar reach the required level for him to finally end the fight as Hextal seemed to suddenly surrender. It was certainly true that there was practically no chance for Beat to lose this fight, but hiis understanding was that the loser would lose their life if what Kayaba had said was in fact true. His brow furrowed as he prepared to end the fight, struggling to be happy about having to end someone's life to save his own. 

"You're resigned to your death? That's rather anticlimactic...I figured you would be more concerned. Not gonna lie, I'm not happy about the idea of ending someone's life, so if it's alright with you, I'm going to end this quickly." 

With that, Beat charged forward, sinking his kicks in as the last of Hextal health bar finally disappeared. As his character model began to fade, Hextal shook his head and gave a mild chuckle at his rival's ignorance to the sophistication of what he had done. Deciding to "lift the veil" on his plans somewhat. There wasn't much Beat could do even if he did know anyway. 

"Fool, I won't die  just because you beat this gemini. This fight was just a means to take over your character. Makes killing Shield much easier if I'm you right? Don't worry, you'll see me again. Luckily for you, I have work to do before I try this again, so enjoy your reprieve Mr. Unstoppable Force." 

Hextal's model finally faded out as the dome of red finally dispersed, revealing the evening sky and allowing a refreshing breeze to blow through the trees and cool both Beat and Horus off from their ordeal. Beat had much to think about on his journey home as he reflected on the day's events. 

Edited by Beat
Spoiler

Dungeon Find: [ID: 77230] Natural 1 lol nope. 

Beat's thirst had returned, but a certain distaste for the pond that sat in the clearing convinced him to simply tough it out as he turned to head home. Horus seemed less active as well, normally content to fly above the trees and hunt for the occasional meal, however now resting on Beat's shoulder as he pulled his two handed beginner sword out again and proceeded to cleave through the thick vegetation of the forest. He hoped for an uneventful journey home as he stared blankly ahead, only barely paying enough attention to know to remove obstructions in his way. 

I wonder what he meant by he would be back. Does that mean that any time any place, he could show up and try to take advantage of the situation? I'll need to to talk to Shield about this. He may have some ideas.

His brow furrowed as his determination surfaced, his worry turning into a bolstered bravery, refusing to let Hextal achieve his goals. 

I won't let that mad man succeed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quest Complete!

Rewards: 

4 SP (3 Quest, 1 for length (1 complete page))

400 col for 1 page

LD: 12 (8+4)= <<Concentration>> Extra Skill gained

Edited by Beat