[PP - F5] One Foot In «Bloodstained Land»

"It's so hoooooot!" Aria whined, her voice adopting a loud, nasally tone as she howled into the wind. Several of Fortaleza's inhabitants paid the pair a brief, suspect glance before returning to their daily goings. Takao, who appeared equally as miserable to the younger girl who stood some head and a half shorter than he, offered a guttural grumble in response.

"We won't be here long." He said, emerald eyes casting a glazed glance over his frolicking familiar. The little rat-like dragon was in his element on the fifth floor, happily kicking the sand with each step he took on their way to the northern gates. There was a new boss to be killed, and with Aria's incessant begging to be taken hunting it seemed like the perfect opportunity. She could get a taste of what it was like to be on the forefront of questing progress whilst also getting some experience on the side. Generally, it could be considered a lucrative adventure.

"Ugh... I'm melting over here, Freckles! Why'd we have to come here of all places?" She cried, dragging her feet against the sand-covered stone path. The scuffling sound made his eyes roll.

"Cause Info Brokers are losing their minds over some old quest bosses evolvin' or something. Figured it'd be worth checkin' out. Maybe we'll be the first ones to beat it." Takao responded. His words seemed to interest Aria greatly, as her eyes lit up and she adopted a bounce to her step.

"Ohh, that sounds cool! Yaaay~! We're gonna be the first to kill it!" Aria cried out, once again drawing the attention of the passerby's. Takao pinched the bridge of his nose and chuckled as the pair approached the gates.

Beatbox had relaxed within the walls of Fortaleza casually till the word started to spread like wildfire about the evolution of yet another boss after Avalanche, Beatbox had sighed... this was yet another trial that he needed to prove himself stronger than the actual game due to its rumors being stronger than the actual Avalanche. Beatbox had puffed out some air as he sighed, he stood up and patted the sand and dust off of his gear. "Ocarina." he had called out to his familiar seeing in the distance seeing his head pop up from the ground from its slumber "It's showtime." he patted the side of his leg for it to come. His familiar obliged and climbed up to his shoulder and sat upon it looking outwards in the distance, he had needed more information on this boss... most importantly its coordinates, he had gotten back to an information broker that he had known to get its coordinates, without much time and effort he had gotten the coordinates. "Catch ya later dead man." the information broker had said, Beatbox had taken a few steps away from him and looked back and gave him a smile over his shoulder "Dead? No, I refuse to let this game be better than me." he shifted back forward flowing his cape into the air as he took steps forward away from the broker.

@Takao

Seeing so many players scurrying off in the same direction, some with a small platoon of friends in tow, was certainly not an unexpected sight. The idea of being the first to do anything in Aincrad was an accolade worth rushing toward, as he had once done himself. He never claimed to be inhuman in his desires and greed, there was a certain feeling of being part of the elite that made him strive for that feeling of superiority. Temptation was a powerful drug, one he never thought he would succumb to, but he was sure that even the best of Aincrad's prisoners would eventually.

The heat had finally started to get to him, which took an unsurprisingly short amount of time. He shed the jacket from his shoulders and tied it around his waist, leaving his torso clad in his gear's undershirt. Shortly after, Takao had taken notice of a vaguely familiar face.

"Huh," He exhaled curiously, garnering Aria's attention. "What?" She replied quickly, her inquisitive nature immediately triggering her curiousity.

"I think I know that dude from somewhere... Yeah, yeah, I do. I traded him a shitload of col for'a item. Looks like he's in the race for this thing too. Les' go see." Takao said, gesturing with his offhand for her to follow him as his pace picked up into a jog. He caught up to him quickly, and avoided the cinematically flowing cape with a bit of finesse and footwork.

"Ayy man. You here for that new boss stuff too?" He asked, just in time for Aria to catch up and resume her pace beside him.

@Beatbox

Evolutions... bosses where finally learning and becoming their own powerful entities after a while it had seemed... this had Beatbox a little worried for his health on this battle, it had seemed like it was a battle he shouldn't battle alone it had seemed. As it were, he had imagined that he might even not be able to strike this boss down by his own loansome... but it was still something that he needed to reluctantly face. In the middle of his thoughts from behind him he had heard a familiar voice, from behind him he had heard the voice from the buyer of his last sticker that he had, Beatbox had smirked, it had seemed rather convenient that he had appeared around this time, he had fully shifted his body to face Takao's and placed a hand over his heart as he bowed before him and the female that he was with "It's a pleasure to see you again Takao. And yes, I am here for the alleged boss. And I see you have brought company of your own to find the boss it had seemed." he faced the female with a smile as he extended his hand outwards "Beatbox. Don't wear the name out." he said with a chuckle.

@Takao