[PP-F5] <<Feeding the Enemy>> (Keith, Zelrius)

Miaki was in the larger town of <> which if Miaki's linguistic education was correct translated from Latin to 'fire'. The name was suiting for this place and floor. The fifth floor being a desert brought out the tan in everything. Miaki's light brown trench coat and fedora probably helped him fit in a little with the sandstone and wooden buildings laying about. He was surveying some of the NPC vendors and spotted the [?] of an older man marking him as a quest giver. Miaki walked over, curious about what the man had to say.

"Hey there fell'er. Ever tired to tame a beast yer'self?"

"What? Be a beast tamer? Can't say I have."

"You be in luck then. I have here a special feed that if you manage to capture an animal and feed it to them, they'll accept you has th'er master." The odd man handed the feed to Miaki then walked away and vanished around a corner leaving Miaki standing there staring at the new item in his hand. He added it to his inventory then stood there watching the NPCs walking around the street he was on. "Think I'm gonna need some help with this one."

"Did someone say... Help?" A voice said from above. Looking up was the easily recognizable Keith, sticking out like a sore thumb with his blue look clashing with the tan palate of Floor 5. He smiled and waved down to Miaki and started to make idle conversation. "So you're trying to get a familiar, huh?" He said, hopping down from the ledge onto what seemed to be sand, but was just a thin layer with stone beneath it. He clenched his jaw as he hit the ground fell onto his side, grabbing his knee. "FFFFFFF-FANtastic day! Isn't it?" He said, avoiding saying something regrettable. "Y-Yeah... I think I can help you on that." He said, as he stood up.

Zelrius wandered into town looking like a Zombie. His eyes were droopy, his face hung and his blonde hair stuck out in every which way. Miles, following suit was looking down while walking forward with his tail between his legs. Zelrius' blue robe was covered in sand which gave it a peach tint. He made his way slowly to a nearby shop, bought two bottles of water, and brought out a bowl from his Inventory. Placing the bowl down then dumping one full bottle of water into it and quickly gulping down the other he then looked around to see some of the NPC's and visiting players staring at him. He quickly turned his gaze away, from embarrassment. Walking off he found two familiar faces: Miaki and Kieth, they seemed to be having a chat, Zelrius walked over to join.

"Keith!" Miaki shouted at the sudden appearance of Keith from above."Good to see a familiar face in this dust bowl of a place." The two comrades in arms firmly shook hands in greeting. "This is perfect. I was just abou-" Miaki broke off from what he was saying when he spotted Zelrius half a block away. "Zel! Hey Zelrius!" Miaki waved Zelrius over to them. "This is great timing on both your parts actually. I finally caved and I'm going after obtaining a familiar for myself. I'm thinking about getting a falcon. Yeah. I've always wanted a falcon for myself. Mind helping me out with this guys?"

Keith had just felt the dull pain go from his leg and he stood uneasily. He rubbed his side and then grew attentive to Miaki's words of getting a familiar. "Well... I do have some spare time. And if we pull this off, can I call you Captain Falcon?" He said, giving one of his casual smiles.

Walked over to the two talking about a falcon. He looked around rather tired. He didn't dare sleep. Zelrius thought that would be a waste a time and was also scared that he would sleep too long and someone Might pass his level. Zelrius looked to Miaki and said in a rather quiet raspy tone as he was tired as hell

"Falcons? Like.. as a Familiar? I think I saw some over by this like tree all by its self in the middle of nowhere."

Miaki laughed. "Keith, when I get this falcon. I'll let you call me Captain Falcon all you want." Zelrius joined them looking tired as hell. "Dude, you look dog tired. You alright? You look like you're about to keel over. Wait." Miaki looked at Keith while pointing at the dazed Zelrius. "Did he just say he saw sine falcons around here?"

Keith tilted his head and scratched his neck before he responded. "Well... I think he did. I've seen some around these parts myself. He's also right about their general spot of where they can be seen at. So I think me and him can help you out in going over and getting one." He said with a thumbs up.

Zelrius, not wanting to talk because it made his throat hurt, only nodded at the conversation. He patted Miles on the head to see if the Wolf was still there. Miles was panting loudly and fast because of the extreme heat that the desert brought along with Miles' fur working against him. Miaki was right: Zelrius was about to fall over but wouldn't dare let himself do so, Number 1 reason being out of dignity. How embarrassing would it be to faint right infront of an entire city?

Miaki materialize some water he had in his inventory offering two bottles to Zelrius. "Here. Take it. One for you and the other for Miles." He handed the two bottles off to Zel and looked at the desert stretching far out beyond the town they were standing in.

"Soon as you two," Still talking to Zelrius. "Feel ready to head out, we can go." Miaki looked over at Keith. "Say Keith. How did you manage to get Startorious as a companion? Anything you have to offer could be of huge help."

Keith scratched his neck and hummed in thought of how he got his dragon. "Well... It was many moons ago... And it is a very long and awesome story. It all started when I was about level two. I had really just started working in Aincrad, and things were pretty rough for me. I suffered a lot of defeats and made lots of mistakes, but I made friends to get by. My friends Garou and Rage helped me get Startorious when he was still in an egg, and so we stole it from a PKer guild and Star hatched a little after I got him. All I had to do was feed him, and he was mine." Keith sighed at the memory. "And that's how I got my awesome space dragon."

Zelrius thought it was also appropriate to share his story of Miles, which wasn't anything special.

"I got the quest, Forgot about. Then came across a Wolf when I was only level 1 and was having some trouble with it. Instead of Running I threw it a Rat as a like a peace offering. Then the quest said I completed it and that I should name my pet."

While Keith and Zelrius started retelling their origin stories where they each got their individual companions. While he was listening to them the three men worked their way out into the dusty wasteland beyond. "Well I'm looking forward to having my own little origin story." Miaki scanned the landscape which had almost nothing to it.

Keith snapped back to reality and nodded to Miaki. "R-Right! Yeah, Let's go!" He said, knowing that it was time to help Miaki get his familiar. "So... Any ideas for what you want to name it? There's a whole range of names you could give it." He said, while yawning and stretching his arms.

Zelrius simply sighed and said "Hurry up, I want to get this over with, find a bed and fall asleep" His tiredness showed in his voice. Along with in his face and movement. Zelrius, however, didn't want to leave a brother hanging and actually wanted to be around Miaki and Kieth beings they were 2 of only a few of his friends.

Miaki opened his inventory and selected <> his glasses were replaced with sports style sunglasses. He brought his hand up acting as a visor. "Well I don't necessarily know any bird calls Zel. Can't really them to just flock to me now can I?" He brought his hand to his chin in thought. "I think I'll go with 'Silverwing'."

Keith tilted his head and tapped his lower lip in thought. "Well... I've seen they have some flutes around this floor for attracting animals, so I guess they would have some for falcons." He looked around the the area they were in and saw some small merchants with their wares laid out. "We could probably buy one from the locals."

Zelrius nodded and instead of going to follow them, patted Miles and headed off the other direction. He had just silently decided he didn't want to come along. Though it might be important for him to do so, Zelrius simply didn't want to. He found the nearest inn, bought 23 bottles of water and dumped them on himself and Miles. He walked up to a room he bought and just fell on the bed and dozed off.

Keith smiled and gave a nod. "It looks totally sweet!" He said, giving Miaki a pat on the shoulder. "Since this is your first time getting a familiar, I'll buy this whistle for you." He said as he paid for the whistle and nodding to Miaki. "And now we just go to the location Zel told us. Lead the way, leader!"