[PP:F1] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> W/Sarial!

Stretching! Yawning! Being lazy! Those were the great things about being a cat! But they were also super hyperactive at times, silly and mischievous. All these things explained Mestophales as well. She was cute and adorable, sly and sneaky too! She was able to bound from one person to the next, pounce and flounce! She had it all and she grew more and more adventurous as the days of Aincrad grew steady on. Today, she could felt like doing a quest, a newbie quest to be sure of. 

Stepping outside of the Inn on Floor One, Mestophales reached high above the sky and stretched her limber limbs. A fresh coat of semi permanent paint detailing the colors of her tiger striped skin and accented marks on her face. With a long yawn, her sharp nails clawed the ground as her perfect rear poised upwards as she stretched her legs. Oh yes, she got a few looks. Meowing in a way of her yawn as she her knuckles and limbs popped. Standing straight up with that cheshire grin on her face, she knew what she needed to do to get her day started; Pouncing.  Rubbing her neck and doing a light little jog in place, the woman got ready to start her morning. And then she was off with a zoom! Burning through the streets with the wind in her hair and roaring at her face, she ran as fast and as hard as she could. People moved away from the running cat girl. Some of them she had tackled before, others had no idea what was going on with a crazy cat lady running at them at full speed ahead.

That grin never vanished as she sped through the crowd until a familiar butt was in sight, "NeeeeYAAAAA!!" Growled out the Cat Lady. With a spring her step, she caught air and attempted to give @Sarial Hawke enough time and warning to alert her of her presence. Of course she could easily move out of the way, or else she was gonna get a face full of Mestophales once again like last time. It was a never ending cycle with this girl, but it was hell of a lot fun no matter who she pounced and what kind of reaction she was gonna get from them. 

Sarial had been waking earlier and earlier each day, always attempting to better herself. Ever since she'd accepted the idea that she was stuck she'd been working to better herself, specifically practicing her Sword Arts. Repeatedly triggering those abilities so that when the time came to use them she would be ready. Over and over she repeated the motions while her mind wandered. She worried about her friends, her family, what they must be thinking and doing. Her initial fear that they would simply try to remove her from the game had subsided in the weeks she'd been here. She wondered if her body was being taken care of. Fed? Hydrated? 

With some effort she forced all those what ifs from her mind. Her training would do no good if she couldn't focus. Right foot forward, ready the blade... now! She stepped forward, her Art activating with a lunging slash. Sweat gathered on her brow despite the relatively cool nature of the morning, she'd even put on an extra layer for warmth, one she was growing to regret as she heated up. Her practice continued on for some time before she heard the pattering of feet, someone was running towards her. It had nearly become routine, she didn't even need to look to confirm who it was. Her feline friend was well on her way to pouncing, oh.. but today.. Today would be different! The redhead got a devious grin on her face, bringing both hands up to clasp them with excitement. Oh, Sarial was.. excited to see Miss Mestophales? Something was.. off. 

Sarial held her ground until the very last moment, sidestepping the pounce with some degree of agility. Miss Mestophales soared and... into the fountain. The grin Sarial gave her once she emerged from the cool water was one of triumph and victory. 

"Mornin' kitty cat. Hows the water?"

mduNRkf.png

Sari dashed away from any retaliation via splashing, that smirk fading to a more friendly smile. All in good fun after all. Her sword had since been returned to the scabbard across her back. 

"I trust you slept well?"

Edited by Sarial Hawke

Splashing and thrashing about madly in the fountain, Mestophales finally got her head above the water shivering from head to toe with eyes like daggers at Sarial. She was absolutely livid for all of five seconds, but she figured it was about time to get her just desserts after the many pounces she had given the other woman. Wet body and all came rolling off the edge of the fountain as she stood there dripping wet. Her body glistening in the sun's golden rays, yet she was shivering from the lack of clothing she had on. With the sloshing of her feet as she exited the fountain, Miss Mestophales shook her entire body whipping the water away from her as fast as she could, "Ugh! Well, I guess pay back was gonna come two fold eventually. But really? A fountain? I should have planned my attack more carefully, quite sneaky of you Sarial." The Cat Lady took each side of her hair and squeezed as hard as she could to drain the water from it before feeling like a slopping mess. 

Giving a playful growl, Mestophales sank her body over the edge of the fountain where the flat of her back now rested on the foundation. She looked over to her woman companion and smiled with that cheshire grin of hers, "So you are working out with that metal thing again, huh? You should do like to train a lot. But get this...I got some info for us." The woman twisted her wet body around, leaning on one arm as she cradled her head in the palm of her hands and stretched her legs out over the fountain, "There is this really easy quest we can do that is in the shop District. Info broker said that its good for beginners like us to get some free potions and some experience too. Now, I'm not really one for work, but I figured you might be interested in that sort of thing. Besides, I don't mind doing a little bit of heavy lifting. Wanna go check out this Alchemist?" Lifting her body upwards, her nails dug into the foundation of the fountain lifting her body upwards once more into a handstand and springing herself up into the air with the use of her toned arms and landing perfectly in front of Sarial. Still damp from the fountain, but her attitude was quickly changing as the sun was helping dry her body off from all that mess. She had some thoughts to just remove her wet top but she figured Sarial might end up pushing the pointy end of that blade through her or being scolded at. Neither of which sounded fun. @Sarial Hawke

DgXfdvI.png

Sarial's smirk faded quickly, feeling bad that she had pranked her friend, doubly so when thinking of how cold it really was. She was pleased to see that the woman wasn't ready to strangle her, cats didn't really like water after all. Eventually Sarial worked her way out of her jacket, she was overheated and Miss Mestophales seemed to be freezing now. Once she had dripped dry at least  a bit Sari walked over and wrapped the jacket about her shoulders, an apologetic smile given. Perhaps a lesson had been taught both ways? A small hug followed the gesture.

"Metal thing? My sword? Yes! It is the only tool I have, I'd like to know how to use it when the time comes. All this practice is great but, until I have experience it means little!" 

Sarial perks up at the mention of information. She watched as Miss Mestophales showed off in her usual manner. A degree of jealousy was building in Sarial. Each player's body was more or less representative of their real life form, and this woman clearly had her beat in all of those asspects. This was a brief feeling as the mention of a quest came about. A chance to get some experience under her belt? Very easy? This sounded like a perfect chance to become more powerful. Useful even. She tapped her lips in thought as Miss Mestophales went on. 

"That sounds like a great idea, honestly! Time spent much better than standing here practicing this Sword Art. I am fairly certain I have it down at this point. An alchemist, huh? Well, I don't know if any combat is involved, but if it is you have to promise to stay safe. I have enough on my mind, can't go losing my only friend." 

With that Sarial seemed ready and willing to undertake this task. She swapped through her menus and invited Miss Mestophales to a group. 

• Quest Objective #1: Visit  Zackariah's Workshop

Sari had mentioned to Mestophales that she was her only friend when combat was brought up. She shook her head, giving her friend a playful nudge, "Nah, you are looking at Miss Mestophales! The girl with nine lives. I can't be killed that easily, I am just too stubborn." The warmth of her jacket was a nice touch, and she tugged the on the collar to keep it around her shoulders until she was cozy and warm. Eyes fell on the Warrioress and she smiled mischievously giving her body a thorough look. She had been training pretty hard with that sword, she could see the light beads of sweat rolling over her fair featured face and the crimson hair finding its place in her eyes. She was one of the first people she had ever pounced and from that moment on, they were sorta like best friends. Two peas in a pod! Peas and carrots!

Mestophales had clung on to the jacket for a good while as they were standing about and the cat woman finally gave back the jacket, it was far too imposing for her movement otherwise. She enjoyed the hot sun on her flesh, it made her feel all warm and cozy on the inside and the quick drying mechanics in this game were fantabulous. Stretching all her limbs as well as the tail, she felt ready to go on this small adventure, "So according to the information, we got to visit an NPC at his workshop. Shouldn't be too difficult. I was able to grab the data from the Broker. It's actually not that far from here. Hehehe, wanna see how many people I can pounce today on the way over? It'll be F.U.N~"

Already Mestophales was feeling energetic again, she was swinging that tail around like a mad cat and was hopping up and down on her legs, side to side, as if she were ready to just go crazy! Big smile on her face as those painted whiskers and nose wiggled back and forth. For an older woman, she deffinetly had a big spring in her step, she was just ready to start her fun day. "Let's go, let's go, let's...Wait." She stopped and slammed her hands on the ground as she pounced on a small little object which quickly vanished when she lifted her hands up from whatever it was, "Aww...where did it go?" Her eyes traced back to Sari, "Oooh, it was the glint of your handle from the sun. Nya, nya." @Sarial Hawke 

Sarial smiled in return, opening up her map as Miss Mestophales spoke, navigating mentally with the information that had been gathered from the broker. Once the kitten was done with her jacket she took it back, reequipping it at this point. As Miss Mestophales took the chance to really look her she'd see that she was a relatively average, if not fit woman. Her eyes were probably her best feature- a stunningly deep sapphire blue. They were made especially noticeable by the contrast of her ruby red hair. While it wasn't exactly styled in any specific way it was clear that she had taken good care of it. This combined with the light sheen of perspiration perhaps gave Miss Mestophales something of a show.

zSZw4id.png 

That smile she'd given remained as Sarial committed the best route to memory with a nod of her head. 

"You and your pouncing. You know, if you go pouncing everyone you see I might get jealous."

Oho whats this? The redhead can tease too? She grinned, eyes widening a bit as she saw M.M so captivated by the gleam from her sword. She maneuvered it slowly, watching the woman chase it this way and that as she walked towards the Workshop. Anything to keep her companion distracted from the possible pounce victim was a plus. Some players didn't take so kindly to being ambushed. As they walked Sarial couldn't help but think about how grateful she was to have someone friendly around. It kept her mind off the gloomy reality of being stuck away from her friends and her family. She'd thought of herself as rather selfless, but the longer she spent here the more she realized that perhaps she'd taken some things for granted. Hell, she even missed her boss and her boyfriend. As silly as this kitten might be, chasing about a bit of reflected sunlight, it was certainly better than facing this world alone.

"Hey.. Mm. Thanks for being around. I'll keep you safe."

These were perhaps hollow words coming from a novice such as herself, but hey. Its the thought that counts.

Ears twitching, body going one and another following the little ball of light set forth from the gleam of her brilliant sword. Mestophales was pretty good at catching things, but this little bugger kept popping out of her hand. All the while, she made playful growling sounds as she pounced left and right. Those who were in the way moved with swiftness of the wind behind them as to not get in the way of the odd couple. The feline woman definitely had some odd and strange behaviors, but it was all in good fun and it seemed to keep Sari entertained as well for the most part as they were weaving through a the crowds of people. Her light golden eyes reflected back at Sari as she stood up, "Hmmm?" Mestophales had straightened up and moved her hand along the shoulder of Sari's jacket, "Gonna keep me safe huh? Well, that is puureasent news. Nya~ You are a good friend too, so I wouldn't want to let anything happen to you. I'll do my best to be the best for you." And with that, the woman leaned in and stuck out her tongue, "Oh, I need to ask permission first, huh?" she was about to lick the woman across the cheek again, but she had remembered the stipulation for doing such a thing. 

She had held herself back and squinted her eyes, those cat orbs showing a smiling grin as she remain attached to Sari's shoulder, her arm falling down below to her arm where she walked holding her hand and swinging it, "Shouldn't be too long now, I suppose. We should see a haze of black cloud above the workshop alerting us that it's Zaccy's shop." Bounding from her arm and making a small dash a distance ahead, Mestophales had made that 'I'm gonna pounce you' noise she makes while she is charging at someone. Unfortunately for them, her pounce had succeeded and caused the fellow below her to have no earthly idea what she was doing. Mestophales just straddled him playfully meowing and as he attempted to get her off, "Ugh! What? What is going on? Get off me, Woman! Cat? Thing!!" 

"Hey, stop moving around so...in fact, keep doing that. Nya nya." the woman said making her thighs clench harder against the male. She beamed a wicked smile at Sari, "Yep, just over the this little hill and we should be there shortly," she said getting off the man finally who was now blushing profusely and running as far away from her as possible. Mestophales' tail whipped back and forth and she waved to the person, "Pounce you again soon~ Nya~!" @Sarial Hawke

QElA1Go.png

Sarial could only chuckle as M.M dashed between players and npcs. All of them did their best to steer clear less they be pounced or ran over. A nod was given when she mentioned being kept safe, and a smile soon followed at M.M being her best. What was better? The threat of a lick was stifled, permission. Yes~! Progress was being made. For once, Sari didn't seem to mind the touch- perhaps because it didn't have an ulterior motive. Even the holding of hands seemed comfortable, allowing her hand to swing with each step made. The kitten was right, they were indeed drawing closer to their destination and without inciden--- Hah. Sarial should've known better, this was her fault for not keeping a hold of the woman. Eh.. as if anyone COULD keep her under control. A quick facepalm followed as the man was knocked down and molested. She figured there were worse fates, and the blush across his face WAS comical.

"And you were doing SO good. Guess he was too tempting to pass up, hmm? He your type?"

Sarial teased further before grabbing M.M by the wrist and stealing her along before she got any idea of chasing her victim. Onward they went, that grip -somewhat- tight as to dissuade further assaults. Upon arrival Sarial offered a thumbs up, releasing her wrist and giving her head a pat. 

"Just where you said! Well done. NOW, no pouncing the NPC here, yes? He may -refuse- to give us the quest at all. Promise?"

Sarial narrowed her eyes a bit, giving her such a stare. Though in the back of her mind she knew that M.M wouldn't -really- do anything to mess this up, the both of them wanted to get stronger, or so Sari imagined. The potions would help with survival and leveling up was perhaps the best option here. The further she could get her hitpoints from zero, the further she was from ceasing to be!

"My type? Oh, everyone is my type for pouncing. But if you ask me he was a little..." Mestophales used her clawed like fingers to describe the length of his 'sword,' "...on the small side of things." Feeling her wrist get tight by Sari's hand, she knew she was being told to do something she did not want to really do and that was to not pounce any other players. The woman absently rolled her eyes and shook her head as to promise no more pouncing for a little while. Walking side to side once more, the two ladies walked down the small path where Zackariah was dealing with the new players who were encouraged to go and talk with him. Mestophales was about to tear away and pounce the man when she remembered her promise to Red there.

A deep breath concluded that she was really holding back, "I think we need to engage him to start the quest. We should pair up so we can get it at the same time." Mestophales shifted her hand over her menu, sweeping over a Party Invite to Sarial. When that was concluded, the cat woman and her playful tail swished back and forth as the NPC looked at the two of them. "Ahh! New players, welcome to my Shop. My name is Zackariah and I am here to lend a helping hand to all the new players looking for instruction. One of the very basics of surviving in this game is to have a healthy stock of healing potions ready in your inventory. However, potions are not free most of the time. You need materials in order to create them for an Alchemist, or perhaps a healing song from a Performer. Now, I am low on stock, so maybe you can help me; help you? Sounds wonderful. I need you and your friend to collect five materials out in the wilds. Return to me when you have done this and the next phase will begin." 

Mestophales eyes were wide open and her mouth was slightly open as she looked back at Sari, "Hey, that guy...has an awesome beard. I just wanna..." A clawed finger was moving towards the old man's beard when she quickly realized the man started to back away from her. She grinned and shot Sarial a look, "So...what were we supposed to do again? I was fascinated by his shiny beard." @Sarial Hawke