[F1] Gem Hunting <<Third Lesson, Is Just as Free>>

Vale had received a message, she opened her private messenger to see a message from Mr. Tealeaf himself, she quickly read through it asking her to deliver an item to this Artisan in the grove that sits in the middle of the town. It was noted in the message that the envelope would be in the mailbox near his building and that he would be out of town for a bit. Vale nodded at the message and took this time to rush over to said Mailbox. Unfortunately the direction of his shop was in the opposite direction of the grove, so the amount of travel time between each would be somewhat tedious trek to say the least.

It didn't take Vale too long to reach his shop and the Mailbox as to which he indicated. She reached down into the mailbox to grab the only envelope in there, a small one at that. She couldn't tell too much, but it felt as though there might be a ring and a few others items. She opened the envelope to a letter, Vale pulled out the letter seeing it addressed to her. She cleared her throat to read the message outloud, "Ms. Hannah informed me of what you might be dealing with for her, so I had Mr. Zakariah supply a potion to keep you safe. Please don't hestitate to use it since he was using what little mats he had left, it will expire. Stay safe out there. -Mr. Tealeaf. P.S. The ring in there is for Hannah, she'll explain." She smiled sweetly as she withdrew the potion from the envelope. Leaving the ring in there, Vale immediately departed for the Grove as was noted in the personal message she got from Mr. Tealeaf.

As she entered the grove, it was quite the marvel to look at. The greenary that it had completely contrasted with the red and brown, and the yellow from the lights that dazzle the streets. It was rather dark out when she got the message and assumed that this Hannah person would not be there at this time. Vale took this opportunity to rest herself up against a tree, this time there were no blankets about, but the deserted area made things a lot easier to relax in. She cozied herself up against the base of the tree, propping herself up in a near ninty degree angle and took this time to get some rest.

Vale had accomplished a lot in the few short days that she finally decided to put herself to it. She had made a friend whom was rather hostile, but nonetheless it was someone who was honest and real with her, and a raviousing feline she could see herself getting in a lot of trouble with, and a few other men that had helped her with her mental state. Plus the most adorable little whelpling that she got to nuzzle herself with. Vale ultimately was feeling much better about herself now that she had acquired the Martial Arts skill, she no longer needed that useless blade. She didn't like the way it moved, the way it felt, none of it. She was happy to just be rid of it entirely, her fists were truly the way to go.

The early sun gleamed over the tall standing walls, just enough so that the light rays could stretch just over Vale's eyes. The chirpping birds and beautiful smell of the morning air was enough to stir Vale awake. She looked up at the time of day and was shocked with just how early it was, she had woken up far earlier than intended in comparison to what time she fell asleep the night prior. She took this time to stand up completely and stretch her arms and legs, doing a series of workouts which was normal for her in her daily wake up routine. Though there was one small thing missing, and it was arguably one she missed more than almost anything else, "Damn do I want a nice hot shower right now." She spoke out to noone.

The sound of footsteps could be heard not too far from her. Vale walked just a little deeper into the grove to see a woman pulling out a large pad of paper with an assortment of paints that were located just near her feet. Just before she got to paint she felt the presence of another, turning her head the girl saw the purple haired dark skinned woman, "You must be Vale. Mr. Tealeaf and Mr. Zakariah both spoke very highly of you. It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Hannah." The woman smiled brightly and sweetly at Vale.

Edited by Vale

Vale walked up and shook the hand of Hannah, "Well since you already know my name, it would be pointless to reiterate it. Nevertheless, it is pleasant to make your aquaintance." Vale smiled back with the same amount of kindness. After the two of them removed their hands from each other, Vale quickly retrieved the parcel from her inventory which held the item that required making it's way to Hannah, "I believe Mr. Tealeaf wanted me to bring this to you." Vale stated as she handed out the envelope.

Hannah accepted it, "Thank you so much, but honestly this is half of everything." She admitted to Vale, "I need the other half of it, and to be honest it isn't an easy journey either." She continued, "Mr. Zakariah, and Mr. Tealeaf have told me all that you have done for them, and I wanted to reward you as well, but a little critter stole the emerald I had been saving... And it took it into a cave known for having a Golem known as the Cave Guardian." Vale grinned at this mention, it meant that there was a good fight to come.

Edited by Vale

Vale stopped Hannah mid sentence, "You're allowing me to fight some stronger monsters. And after venturing through the mountains, my confidence level has reached levels I used to have some time ago." Her smile beamed with brightness, she truly felt the confidence she was boasting about, "Just point me in the direction of the Cave. I will retrieve that Emerald for you!" Vale was practically beaming with excitement, she was ready to charge head deep into the unknown.

Hannah chuckled, "If you're so adamant on going forth, then I won't stop you. But the Golem has been known to start with a very powerful strike. That is why I told Mr. Tealeaf and Mr. Zakariah to supply you with that safeguard potion." She explained to him, "It is dark down there. It'll be far harder to hit the enemy down there. The darkness affects everyone down there in a sense." Hannah then flipped a few pages to show her the map, "Here is the cave, it is not too far outside of town. Just becareful out there." Hannahs worried voice reached out to Vale. The Dark skinned girl nodded and took her leave.

Edited by Vale

Vale took note and brought up her system map through the system menu by dropping her right hand. Hannah watched as Vale traced out a path on the map with just her finger, the Artisan looked at Vale's face watching as the dark skinned girls amethyst eyes were simply tracing the route she was going to take. After the path was completely, Vale stood all the way up and bowed to Hannah, "I shall return shortly with the emerald you requested." Without waiting another seecond Vale took off at high speeds.

Hannah slumped down a bit on the tree stump she was sitting upon, "Well atleast she has a lot of enthusiasm. I hope she stays safe." The Artisan spoke to herself. Then turned her head to begin painting some abstract sceneary that resided within her head. The focus for Hannah was tough to handle due to the worry she had over the over confident woman.

Edited by Vale

Following the slightly blue lit that resided infront of the Martial Artist made it easy to navigate her way through the winding paths of the town. Her fluidity she retained from the real world made it relatively easy to snake past people at quick speeds. The wind buildup from her movement caused a roar of wind to surge through the town, depending on the attention of the people some would find themselves knocked over just by have Vale run past them without even as much as letting a folicle of hair touch them. Vale grinned ear to ear, she was excited to fight some giant rock monster, she would get revenge against the rock from the Mountain tops from wasting a large amount of her time.

Once Vale reached the doors, she upped her speed another notch. Now without the issue of the massive crowd of people, the straight paths would reduce the time it took her to reach the cave that Hannah spoke about by incredible amounts. Vale was moving so fast that other players that were still praciticing against boars became distracted and looked as the purple blur practically flew down the path. Some of those players managed to take a hit and get knocked down from the boar they were facing, solely due to the fact some purple blur took their attention.

Edited by Vale

It didn't take Vale too long to reach the cave that Hannah said the crystal she had was taken to. Vale looked down into the depths of the cave, immediately the words of Hannah rung in her head about the Golem having a very powerful first strike. The Dark skinned girl took this opportunity to open up her inventory to withdraw the Safeguard potion that was specifically crafted for her. Instantly the potion materialized in her hand, she stirred the blue liquid that resided in the vial. Vale took a long deep breath, "Alright... Bottoms up." She told herself just before she downed the liquid into her mouth.

At first Vale thought it would taste absolutely disgusting, but she was quaintly surprised that it tasted like blueberries. It was actually rather delicious. Vale looked down at her skin to see a very faint light blue glow around her extremeities and her body for the best angle she could get on it. This must have been the effect that was talked about that was known as safeguard. She hadn't seen anyone else have a glow to themselves much like she did right now, so it was pretty easy to notice it going into effect. With that she was ready to descend into the dungeon. Vale tightened her gauntlets so they felt just right, and with that she descended into the Darkness of the Darkness.

-Buffs and Debuffs-
Safeguard (Negates the Damage of the next hit taken)
Darkness (-1 to all BD rolls)

Edited by Vale

Vale took her time to walk while keeping her map out, the light from her body and the small amount of light given by the Map itself. It wasn't much and not enough for her to see long distances, but enough she could see when the Martial Artist came to split paths. She took her time detailing the map as best as she could, traveling each path until she came to a dead end. Vale made sure to keep her tempo up so she could move through the cave as quickly as she could. It took awhile but she managed to enter a very large corridor, the girl couldn't see the roof above her or the walls to her side as they went out in a near 90 degree angle each.

Her amethyst eyes turned forward to see a green crystal shining in the distance, her target was within sight. Now she just needed to mentally prepare for the fight. Vale pulled her fists up and practiced throwing her fists forward a few time. She remembered when she fought the boars that she managed to get her blade to glow and somehow deal extra damage. Looking intensely at her gauntlets she took a deep breath and exhaled, "Now it is time to put this fighting prowess to work." She stated confidently, waltzing forward and grabbing the crystal.

Edited by Vale

As she felt the emerald in her hand the sound she was expecting happened. The quake in the ground confirmed this fact. The second the massive foot steps suddenly stopped, and instinctively Vale jumped away from the direction the sound came. A massive thud occurred and Vale could just hear the shattering of the floor. It was very faint but there were two glowing red fists that were slowly being lifted up, "Well you are a large one aren't you?" She said out loud.

Immediately after the glowing red hands stopped moving up, she could hear the thud of the massive rock golems feet moving toward her once again. It's reach had to be something to note since she couldn't even see it when it threw it's hands at her. Vale gripped her fists and caused her hands to glow a slight purple as she had done with her blade, "So focusing on my fists will give me the ability to use special attacks?" She questioned to herself, then followed up with a grin.

ID: 78031 | MD: 2 (Miss)

Cave Guardian: 20/20
Vale: 160/160 | 16/16

Edited by Vale

Vale was about to launch forward when she realized that she took her eyes off the golem's fists. She quickly relocated the fists of the golem all but too late, the fists of the golem were already slamming down on her position. Vale pulled her hands up to catch the fists. The golems fists completely stopped dead in it's tracks as the fists came in contact with Vale's hands, the blue glow that wrapped around her body immedately cascaded onto the golems fists removing the red glow that was on it's fists, "That was such an awesome effect!" She shouted out loud.

Taking this opportunity she struck both of the golems fists, but all it did was knock them away and provided no damage being dealt to the golem. Vale pursed her lips, "Well isn't that a frustrating thing though. I guess I just gotta hit it much harder." She psyched herself up as she punched her two fists together, immedaitely reassuming her boxing stance, "Now what the stories always say. The bigger they are. The harder they fall!" Vale grinned after saying and started her dash.

ID: 78042 | MD: 9 (Crit) | BD: 2-1 (Miss)

Cave Guardian: 20/20
Vale: 160/160 [Safeguard Used] | 14/16 -2

Edited by Vale

.Vale easily dodged the two fists thrown by the massive golem, the gaurdian was simply just too slow for the fast and speedy Martial Artist. Once the Golem's legs came into view of Vale, she aimed her eyes up and launched herself up into the sky and toward the upper body of the Cave gaurdian. It didn't seem like there was much that the golem could do to combat the Martial Artist. The whole time Vale grinned, ready to ROHK the massive golem's world with a double strike.

Vale shot her right fist forward square into the chest of the golem, shattering a massive amount of the golem's rough exterior. The Golem began stumbling back, hearing the rocky foot grind against the ground from the sheer devastating force of Vale's first punch. But the young martial would not relent as she slammed her left fist forward in the exact same spot as the first, causing the golem to slide back and slammed into the wall, "Seems like you are stuck between a 'ROCK' and a 'HARD PLACE'" Vale laughed out loud at her horrible pun, but she was amused none the less.

ID: 78043 | MD: 1 (Critical Miss) | BD: 9-1 (Critical)

Cave Guardian: 8/20 -12
Vale: 160/160 [Safeguard Used] | 11/16 -4+1 (Aggressive Twins)

Edited by Vale

As Vale descended in the air, the Golem took it's opportunity to launch it's fist at the girl in free fall. The golem didn't take into account that it was falling at the same time throwing off it's trajectory. Seeing the fist coming at her in plain sight she quickly did a flip to dodge and land on it's arm. With a free path to the Golem's mostly shattered chest, Vale rocketed forward with a gleeful look in her eyes, "You messed up now you lumbering giant!" She shouted at the Golem. Quickly she dashed off the arm of the golem with her fists glowing once again.

Just as before, Vale slammed her fist with voracious strength into the chest of the golem. Without hesitating she slammed her other fist in the same spot exploding the upper torso of the golem. While descending in the air from the opened hole of the golem, it glowed a bright blue then shattered into thousands of data particles, "That's what you deserve for trying to kill unsuspecting visitors into this cave." She finished saying just as she landed on the ground, "Now to get back to Hannah." Vale smiled brightly at the emerald she took out of her inventory.

ID: 78045 | MD: 2 (Miss) | BD: 8-1=7 (Hit)

Cave Guardian: -2/20 -10
Vale: 160/160 [Safeguard Used] | 11/16 -4+1 (Aggressive Twins)

Edited by Vale

Vale opened up her map she had been drawing out from the start of this entire adventure deep into the bowels of the cave, "You know. Had I not been drawing this... I might have found myself stuck in here for atleast another couple of hours. Which reminds me, what time is it?' She asked herself out loud. She aimed her vision up to look at what time it was, to her surprise she had only been down for for but a mere two hours. Vale smiled wide, "Hannah is going to be so impressed with how quickly this went. And I get to help her out in the mean time as well." Her happiness could know no bounds at this time.

Quickly Vale made her way for the entrance of the Cave. It was eerily quiet outside the sound of her footsteps, Vale could only honestly assume that most the creatures within the cave were asleep due to what time of day it was. It was rather common in the real world that most cave dwelling animals would be active at night since it would be the time that they would be exit the cave and not be hounded by the light of the sun. With this fact proving somewhat true in the game world as well, she walked forward without a second thought to cross her mind.

Edited by Vale

After a good twenty minute walk, Vale found herself at the mouth of the cave. She immediately shielded her eyes from the sun with her right hand, smiling as she peered over the land and seeing the top most part of the tall standing wall. When first traveling to the Cave it was all about how quickly she could make this go. But the need of running and speed was no longer needed. Vale leisurely waltzed her way toward the entrance of the Main Town, this time taking the time to take in the aroma of the natural air that the game managed to create.

The path was a relaxing one down, since all the boars and wolves were in combat with players who still hadn't fully grasped the system. Since that was the case, the dark skinned Martial Artist didn't even need to sweat the idea of getting herself into a incredibly pointless fights that wouldn't really yield her any profit or any meaningful experience. With a clear conscious, Vale continued forward without a care in the world, she looked up at the sky as she walked, enjoying the beauty this world had to offer.

Edited by Vale

A half hour of walking later, Vale was staring the gates of the Town of Beginnings from not too far away. It wouldn't be much longer now for Vale to get to Hannah. She took this as a good time to start jogging toward the artisan, she was already taking much longer than she originally intended to get to the woman. If she were to get out into the questing world where the big fights were, Vale needed to stop dilly dallying and get to it already. After a few moments Vale broke the plane that separated the town from the outside world.

Immediately passing the gates, Vale launched forward again picking up her movement speed to as fast as she could while also trying to maneuver her way through the legions of players and npcs alike. It was somewhat difficult now since it was twice as busy than when she tried to leave the town. She took to her physical training that she had adapted in the real world to help dodge the people she almost rammed into. It took a few redirections of her body and pathway to clear through the busiest spot in the entirety of the Town of Beginnings, but now Vale had a straight shot to Hannah.

Edited by Vale

Vale rushed into the grove to see Hannah place her painting she was working on down so she could stand and stretch, "Ms. Hannah! I have the emerald for you!" Vale shouted as she skidded to a halt just next to the woman. Hannah damn near jumped out of her skin from the surprise of the woman coming out of seemingly nowhere to her. Vale bowed and held out the crystal for Hannah to take, "I went as fast as I could to obtain this for you Ms. Hannah, sorry it took so long." Vale wasn't actually apologizing knowing she probably had accomplished this much faster than almost any other that Hannah had do this quest for her.

Hannah bowed at Vale while accepting the crystal, "No worries Ms. Vale, I haven't seen anyone go through this request as fast as you have. Mr. Zakariah and Mr. Tealeaf both admitted you do things at record speed." She confirmed the exact thoughts that Vale was having about the efficiency of her questing. Hannah took the ring out of the parcel with a slot perfect for the gem to be set in, "Now just give me a little bit to give this to you." Hannah said with a bright smile, to which the artisan immediately got to work.

Edited by Vale

Vale plopped her butt on the ground to watch Hannah go to work, the martial artist was always so curious how each and every profession went about their craft. Watching how gentle and rough Hannah had to be with the ring to get the ring to place just right without damaging either item was something that would easily get on the Dark skinned girl's nerves. The only profession that Vale was even interested in truly devoting herself to learn was Alchemy. Something about Chemistry itself was just a joy and pleasure for her to do, nonetheless, Vale would give every single profession some kind of consideration.

Hannah was beginning to build sweat just above her eyebrows, it was a very meticulous type of work to do, but someone had to do it in Hannah's opinion. And making beautiful things and seeing the happiness those items brought people were just the greatest things in the world. If Vale were able to read the mind of Hannah's, the martial artist could probably come to the same conclusion. But Vale also loved to fight past the point of where most would have given up from trying. It was one of the reasons Vale was able to mentally perservere through the gruuling task of breaking a single massive boulder.

Edited by Vale

After an hour went by and sun began it's descent toward the horizon, Hannah managed to neatly finish the beautiful looking golden emerald studded ring, "Finally it is done Ms. Vale! Here I want to give this to you, for helping two of my three closest friends in this world." She held the ring out for Vale, as much as Vale wanted to decline the item due to the sincerity that sat deep in her soul. She knew she had to accept as it was parameters of the NPC's dialogue and aspects.

"I graciously accept this gift Ms. Hannah, I will wear it proudly for you and them too." She admitted. The two of them exchange genuine smiles, "If you ever need anything Ms. Hannah, or if the other two ever need me. I will without a shadow of a doubt come to help you." She reassured the woman.

"That would be amazing Ms. Vale, and you can come to us if you ever need anything," Hannah returned the kindness, The two of them bowed and Vale began making her leave from the Grove. Vale had the widest smile and was slowly beginning to tear up at the edges of her eyes, she couldn't believe how indepth the NPC's were made, that they had their own personalities.

Edited by Vale

Just before Vale exited the grove she heard Hannah shout out, "Actually Ms. Vale I do need something from you!" She called out quickly, rushing her way up to meet up with Vale. It wasn't a far run but Ms. Hannah was completely winded from the short job she had just finished. After a moment the Artisan was able to collect enough of her breath, "My other closest friend also needs help on his boat, he has been chasing this one fish for a long period of time. He won't stop until he catches the fabled sword-fish. And he almost died last time. Please Ms. Vale, you're the only one I can ask this of." Hannah pleaded with the Dark Skinned girl.

Ms. Hannah forgot whom she was talking to, the Martial Artist was already salivating at another chance to destroy some more enemies. And protecting someone in the process meant she was definitely going to get that fight she wanted. Vale clenched her raised fist, "I shall do this for you Ms. Hannah, just tell me who it is I am meeting, and I promise you he will come back home alive, and with his prey as well!" She shouted while brimming with the utmost amount of confidence. Ms Hannah smiled, then showed Vale exactly when and where to meet up with the Mr. Pete the next morning. With that Vale departed.