[F1] Reeling Bait <<The Fourth Lesson, is Actually Free>>

Vale awoke in the morning, resting in the grove as she had done the previous night. This time the sun hadn't exactly eclipsed over the horizon so the ambient light was just starting to brighten up some. She looked up at the yellow blinking light and the obnoxious sound that was only audible to her ears as the alarm she set was going off at annoying rates. She pressed the button to quell the incessant noise and took this time to stretch while standing up. She dropped her right hand to open up her inventory, Vale quickly sifted to the fishing pole that Ms. Hannah had given her, "So Mr. Pete is pushing himself to the limits to ascertain what he has been desiring this whole time? Well I know a thing or two about that. Maybe I can break through to him and get him to stop this cherade." Vale stared at the Fishing pole clenching it as she spoke.

Vale looked up to the fence entrance which lead out of the grove. Taking a long deep breath, Vale looked around. Since the Dark Skinned girl didn't have a house or private area of her own to swap gear. She moved her hand as swiftly as possible swapping out of her basic attire and getting into her battle ready gear. While her skin glowed a bright blue she knew at this moment she was at her most vulnerable, though it only lasted but a mere few seconds. They were still an embarrassing few seconds nonetheless. Now that she was completely equipped with her kitty claws and kitty fur. She was ready to pounce on some fish, and keep a fisherman safe.

The cool wind on her legs was a rather refreshing feel in this furry leotard, than the full body sleeveless spandex she was wearing before hand. The sweat build up in her previous attire honestly bothered her to some small degree. Now that she was wearing this leotard she couldn't help but think of why she didn't just wear a leotard in the first place, the manueverability was immaculate. Vale was more focused on the clothing that she was wearing she completely forgot that she was walking to the pier. Looking down at her gauntlets she thoroughly enjoyed the cat girl appearance she was practically adorning to the utmost capability. With a happy smile she looked back forward to see the Front Gates of the Town of Beginnings.

She placed her face in her palm, "I really need to stop distracting myself. I am going to run out of time if I keep this up." She told herself, turning around she decided that instead of walking that she would rush forward in a fast paced jog. She remembered her father explaining the rule about fishing is to always do it before sun arises as that is when the fish were most active in the water. Based on her previous interactions with the creatures in this world and how they mimic the true naturality of the animals and critters in the real world, the same would have to ultimately just be true when dealing with the fish of this world. Once the pier came into view Vale launched forward slightly faster as she could see an old man taking the rope off the bridge to begin going into the water.

The old man steadily got in his boat just as Vale pasted the threshold of the pier's entrance, Vale darted quickly launching herself off the ground with her right foot. She did a partial spin and flip in the air so she would land feet down in the boat. The suddenness of the change in weight and force of the landing caused the boat to dip a bit and allow a little water to float in. The man who had just pushed his boat off freaked out slightly, "Jiminey crickets! Ya damn near scared the piddle out of me woman!" She shouted in frustration, "Just who are you anyways? And why did you get in my boat!?" He continued to shout as his anger was slowly rising.

Vale put the fishing rod out there for him to grab, "I take it that you're Mr. Pete." she deduced, "Ms. Hannah had given me this to give to you on your fishing adventure for the Sword Fish, I am also here to make sure you come back safely. She informed me your last ride out with that fish didn't go so well." She explained and grinned. The old man looked at her shocked, as if he wasn't expecting the woman to even remember that he was going out to fish for the fish one more time this week. Not only that, but a practically full cat girl dressed woman was here to protect him of all people. The dropped jaw was enough for Vale to believe she was indeed correct about it all.

Mr. Pete took the fishing rod with a slight amount of begrudging feeling with it, "I can do this without any help girlie. Though i appreciate the help of a strapping... Mmmwell dressed girl joining me." He mentioned to slip in his obvious amount of lecherous views. Vale tried so hard to swallow her disgust over the man's visual intentions. She took this time to sit down on her side of the boat and ride the water as he pushed the boat with the row as much as he could. The swaying of the water never seemed to get under Vale's skin, unlike most others she had heard about being unable to cope with it.

Constantly a cold chill went down her spine as she could just feel the stare that was coming off from the man she was sharing a boat with, 'This man is one of Ms. Hannah's close friends. I saw her befriending nice and polite old men like Mr. Zakariah and Mr. Tealeaf. But this man? He is truly a disgusting man deep down at heart.' Vale thought to herself as she continued to ride with the man. She really couldn't wait to find this fish as fast as humanly possible so she could get away from him.

Edited by Vale

The old man pulled out an older more worn fishing rod and offered it to the cat geared woman, She reluctantly took the fishing rod, "So why do you need me to use the fishing rod too. Aren't you a good fisherman?" Her words had some unnecessary hostility toward the man, something about his attitude and vulgar actions brought out the mean in her. She naturally was unattracted to men, and found them rather repulsive for their one tract mind. She affixed her hands to the fishing rod and cast out the line to let it sit in the water.

The man scoffed at her rather mean words, "I am a good fisherman. But you'll get bored just sitting there watching me fish. So why don't you give yourself something to do and help me fish." He retorted with a smile on his face, turning the opposite direction to send his line out.

Vale felt a tugging on her line, a powerful one that almost yanked her into the water itself. She stood up and fought with the rod to reel in whatever it was that she got attached, "I think I found something big!" She exclaimed to the fisherman, he turned around to watch her intently. Up out of the water came the sword fish he had been chasing, "Well I guess it is your lucky day Mr. Pete." She chuckled and grinned widely.

ID: 78192 | CD: 10 (Sword Fish Found)

Edited by Vale

Shooting out of the water, the angered fish dove straight at the purple haired cat girl with it's bladed horn glowing bright red. She remembered the previous fight with the Rock Golem that had the same thing, shifting her body she dodged the horn with relative ease. With the opportunity present she brought her knee up into the gut of the sword fish launching it's body into the air with the strength behind her knee, "You took a dip, now it's time to fly fishie. Fly!" She exclaimed outloud, she knelt down and wiggled her butt much like a cat did, then launched herself into the air chasing after it.

The sudden pressure put upon the ship from Vale jumping in the air damn near tipped the boat over completely, "Becareful with what yer doing woman! You're gonna get me killed doing that!" He screamed out, but she was far too in the zone and far too high in the air to even hear him. Her eyes were locked on the scared and flailing sword fish. Vale was so excited and happy, she felt genuinely like a cat doing this, she let her arms begin to glow so she could unleash yet another sword art to finish the fish off.

ID: 78200 | BD: 8+3 = 11 (Hit) | MD: 2-3 = -1 (Miss)

Vale: 180/180 | 14/18 (Delayed Sword)

Sword Fish: 15/35 -20

Edited by Vale

Vale misangled her jump compared to the direction she launched the Sword fish. she stopped the glowing on her hands to angle herself in her downward dive to meet the sword fish in mid air. The fish was completely angled down hoping to stab into the girl or the fisherman, or if it were lucky enough to escape, "Oh no you don't you stupid little fishy. I'm gonna eat the heckles out of you!" She exclaimed while licking her lips. She hadn't had fish yet in this world, and in the real world she loved the absolute hell out of fish to the utmost degree.

The fisherman was staring into the sky, his eyes were squinting trying to figure out exactly were the fish and the girl were. But due to his bad eyesight he had no earthly idea where to even begin looking in the sky. She could have gone any number of ways. It wasn't for a few seconds later when she exclaimed when he realized she was far off the path and was diving straight toward the water for the fish. Quickly he got seated and started beddling the raft over to where she was gonna land in the water, "You crazy woman! This is absolutely insane!" He screamed out in frustration and panick.

ID: 78200 | BD: 2+3 = 5 (Hit) | MD: 8-3 = 5 (Miss)

Vale: 180/180 | 13/18

Sword Fish: 15/35

Edited by Vale

As Vale descended faster than the fish she jabbed her claw into the side of the creature causing it's health to reduce to zero just as she entered the water. The creature exploded into data particles and she was notified of the Quest Material she got which was a full sword fish. As her pace slowed down in the descent underwater she took the opportunity to withdraw the deceased Sword Fish from her inventory to be handed to Mr. Pete. Once the sword fish was in her hand she swam up to the boat and tossed the fish in before bringing her soppy wet self on the boat, She grinned at the man, "Isn't nice having a wet woman do your handy work for you." Her words had the intent of jabbing at him.

He sighed putting the fish in the fish box, and began rowing back to town, "You're something else woman." Mr. Pete retorted as he really had no comeback to put the woman down. After a few strokes he could see that vale was noticably shivering from the chill of the water and the chill of the ambient wind that was flowing about. He turned his upper torso some to open a small little trunk, pulling out a towel which he tossed at her, "I can't have you getting a cold here. Please warm yourself up and dry yourself off while I get us back to town." He stated as he went back to rowing as strongly as he could.

ID: 78203 | 10+3 = 13 (Super Critical Hit) | MD: 10 (Negated by death)

Vale: 180/180 | 8/18

Sword Fish: -5/35 -20

Edited by Vale

Vale took the opportunity to dry herself off as best as she could, the towel wasn't big enough to cover all of her. After drying herself off enough she kept the towel wrapped around her legs as she brought them close her to chest to huddle with herself. The breeze still sent chills down her spine, thought there was practically nothing she could do about it. Vale knew it was a terrible idea to get herself underwater, but with her slight miscalculation there was no dodging that fact. She accepted the punishment the air was giving her for making her mistake, but she had a much better outlook on Mr. Pete's true personality.

Vale listened to the patterns of the row's hitting the water so they could be pushed toward the town ever quicker. There was a rythem to movement, she could count it in her head, she looked up at the old man who seemed to be struggling mightily to keep up the pace, Vale stepped up toward him and offered him a hand, "Please you look tired, let me row us back to town." The man looked up at her confused, but decided it was worth it. He accepted her hand and they swapped seats, Vale increased the speed on their path back to town with her superior upper body strength.

Edited by Vale

It took upwards of fourty five minutes to get back to town, the ride was quiet most of the way. While Vale was focused on rowing the boat, the old man decided to take a nap. Their two hour trek out to the middle of the lake was frustrating long, the constant look she got from the man was irritating to say the least. But this time around was much different, she really appreciated that fact that he was asleep and not gawking at her. She really couldn't wait to be away from his leacherous ways. She finally let up on the rowing to feel the fatigue resting in her arms, but they were finally drifting swiftly into the docks.

Vale pulled the two of them in and tied the rope in it's appropriate place. Vale loosely remembered her father teaching her the ways of fishing, always called her the lucky swan. Her father had never caught so many fish unless is daughter was fishing with him. The sweet memories of her childhood made her feel happy deep down in her soul. Pulling herself up off the boat and onto the pier, she turned around and stompped her foot loudly against the wood, "Let's go old man. You can't stay asleep in that boat all day. Ms. Hannah wants to know that you're alive." She called out startling the old man awake.

Edited by Vale

The old man fumbled around trying to get his barrings again, "Whoa... Wuhh... Where am I?" His startled words were evident of his lack of sleep from night to night prepping for fishing this creature. He finally got his eyes on Vale after shielding his eyes from the sun, "Oh yeah... The cat girl, thank you for getting us back to town. Let's go see that little lass." He mumbled about as he got to his feet. He took the time to get the icebox and the toolbox where he had gotten the towel from. He let the towel she used rest on his shoulder. Vale couldn't let the man try to get up on his own, and offered the leacherous man some assistance onto the pier. Which he happily accepted, "You know... it seemed like this was going to be a real problem at first. Thankfully, you were beyond amazing Missy. Thank you so much for your help." The sincerety in his voice brought a smile to her face, she daintfully rested her fingers just ever so barely against her chest as she was honestly moved.

"You needn't thank me Mr. Pete, I came because Ms. Hannah requested me too. And you know what, you showed me an amazing sight I would have never thought I would see." She explained to him, she remembered the landscape while she was rising in the air, and at the tip of her ascent it was beyond gorgeous, "Lets go thank Ms. Hannah for giving the chance for both of us to meet." Vale tilted her head as she smiled with her eyes closed, her pearly whites giving her an incredibly adorable looking face and standing stance. Her smile was completely infectious to the man that stood before her.

Edited by Vale

Their walk was actually a lot more talkative than the boat trip out to the middle of the lake, Vale was giggling and laughing at the terrible puns and jokes that the old man was making. Mr. Pete no longer had this very leacherous feel about him, this time around he seemed like a man with a humorous and bright personality. Vale was actually enjoying herself in his presence for the first time since the two had to initially began. The old man pointed up at the grove, "Can you bring Ms. Hannah to me, my bunions are just tuckered out." He explained as he sat in a bench. It would have been another five or ten minutes of consistent walking for him to reach the grove.

Since the man was pretty much exasperated, Vale nodded, "Yeah I'll go grab Ms. Hannah for you sir. You enjoy your rest." Vale responded, she didn't even pay attention to her surroundings. Else she would have known that the old man had parked his butt next to a little shop called 'Ol' Pete's Fishery.' A rather well talked about shop in the middle of the first floor, known for it's prized fish dishes. Instead of looking at the shop, Vale turned toward the Grove and rushed forward trying to accomplish the task given to her.

Edited by Vale

It really took Vale no time at all to reach the grove. With the game's parameters stretching the human level of capable ability to retain energy and extert force. Vale was completely entranced with the video game, she never thought it possible that people would be able to move at near superhuman speeds on command with a human level knowledge of intense body control. She jogged all the up until she just barely reached Hannah when she slowed herself to a halt. The painter noticed someone running at her, and immediately a smile came to her face.

Vale grinned the whole way up, "Alright, I have brought Mr. Pete back safely, and we have catured that fabled sword fish." Vale said happily. Ms Hannah was so happy she felt as though she could cry, Vale immediately noticed this and jokingly panicked, "P-P-Please don't cry now. It is happy times!" Her forced joking laugh was enough to get Ms. Hannah to prevent from crying and chuckle a little while wiping a tear that had formed that the corner of her eye. The sight was very endearing to Vale, it was moments like this it was worth being alive.

Edited by Vale

Ms. Hannah bowed to Vale, "Thank you so very much for doing that. I know you didn't have to, but it really means a lot to me." She stayed in a formal bow as one did to another, "I have been so worried about Mr. Pete and his solo fishing trips... It just means a lot." Her voice and determination to show Vale's her appreciation was heart moving, Vale brought her hand up to her mouth to stay calm aswell. Ms. Hannah stood up and attempted to give Vale a hug which caused the purple furred martial artist's chill to shoot up her spine. Vale wasn't exactly that good at dealing with human physical touch that didn't have certain implications on them.

Genuine forms of emotional affections wigged Vale out a bit, she pushed back Ms. Hannah carefully, "Sorry. I apprecaite the sentiment. I'm just not good with physical touch emotionally" Vale would try to explain, "But I was so happy that you trusted me to protect your close friend." She reassured the girl, A large smile on her face continued it's infectious feeling getting the artisan to smile back and nod her head happily.

Edited by Vale

Vale and Ms. Hannah finally managed to start walking back to where Mr. Pete was standing. Since the rush to retrieve Ms. Hannah was done, it was a leisure walk back to the bench that the man had sat upon. The conversation was light hearted as both would just talk about the three men, Vale would slowly come to realize that these people she had been interacting with for the past week were just computer generated characters. They had no real indistinction between player and non-player-character.

Every person, every creautre, every monster had it's own way of being unique and completely realisitic. She was almost convinced that the quest giver was a real person as well. It was a bittersweet thought she was having. That the point of this game was immersion and making people one iwth the world, but at the same time if they were to ever clear the game and never come back. The NPC would never recognize them should anything happen, nor remember the emotions put toward her.

Edited by Vale

Once the view of the bench was becoming recognizable, Vale was quick to spot that the old man was no longer there. Vale flicked her eyes around and her head from side to side. She was baffled that the guy would just up and leave without notifying her. Vale's intention was as clear to read as a book, she was irritade. She began to panic slightly, "He said he would be at that spot. Why would he move?" She asked out loud as she continued to fail ot notice the name of the store that was standing just behind her. Vale immediately became curious when she could hear Ms. Hannah laughing.

Turning around Vale was ready to snap on Ms. Hannah, but gave the girl the opportunity to response, "Oh Ms. Vale, I think you are failing to see a very key aspect of what is over there." Ms. Hannah pointed out the building which made Vale damn near facepalm herself, "You're wrong, though you are funny Ms. Vale. He never did leave the area. Because he runs the shop that has his name on it." Ms. Hannah laughed again, causing Vale to start laughing.

Edited by Vale

The two women walked together to the door way of the Fish restaurant, Vale instinctively went forward to hold the door open for Ms. Hannah, "Please Ms. Hannah, go ahead of me." Vale smiled widely at the girl who graciously accepted the door being held open for her. Once Vale followed the girl her nose was bombarded by the smell of the most delectible smelling fish in her entire life. The soul of a cat was beinging brought out of her since her immediate reaction was to meow out loud. But Vale was able to keep her composure and her kitten urges under control

Ms. Hannah walked ahead, and quickly Vale sped up for a moment to catch back up with Ms. Hananh. The restaurant seemed to be buzzing with a lot of people. So many seemed happily eating fish. Vale lowkey was wanting to be one of those lucky people that got to eat some delicious fish. But, she couldn't get herself distracted from the original task at hand. Vale needed to make sure that Ms. Hannah knew that Mr. Pete was truly okay, and she wasn't lying. It really mattered to her that people knew that her word meant something.

Edited by Vale

Ms. Hannah went to the half door that lead to the kitchen area, "Hey Mr. Pete!" She shouted out waving happily. The Sword Fish she had battled in the air to capture for Mr. Pete was being worked on by the Fisherman himself, "I see you finally caught that pesky sword fish you had been chasing for weeks." Ms. Hannah said with a very noticably happy laugh along with her words. Her worries were finally behind her for her old friend.

Mr. Pete chuckled, "Yeah, that cat that is standing next to you was the reason I was able to catch the darned thing. Heck I didn't even do any work, the crazy lady launched into the air chasing after it. It was quite the sight to say the least." He said out loud causing Ms. Hannah to turn and look at Vale with wide eyes.

Vale put her hands forward trying to calm down the obvious change in excitement that belonged now to Ms. Hannah, "No no no, it was nothing. I was just doing what I was told. Nothing spectacular happened, just a cat chasing fish." Vale explained but it was far too late. Ms. Hannah was quite excited to hear the stories.

Edited by Vale

Mr. Pete walked over with a plate of fish neatly wrapped up to preserve it's freshness. Vale's mouth began to salivate just thinking about devouring the fish if she were to get any. In fact she was just standing there considering actually ordering a plate of food at this point. When the plate was set down in front of Vale, she blinked at it and looked at Mr. Pete curiously afterwards, "Why did you place this plate of food down in front of me? Did you want me to take it to a specific table?" She asked, even more confused than before.

Mr. Pete and Ms. Hannah both laughed together, leaving Vale a little upset that they were probably laughing at her, "No Ms. Vale-" Mr. Pete started, "That plate is your reward for helping me catch this pesky little devil. A plate personally made, solely for you my dear Cat Lady. Plus I spent extra time on it, so it should give you a boost out in the fields when you eat it." Mr. Pete finished explaining. Ms. Hannah stood there, smiling the whole time giving the ambient air between the three of them a heartwarming feeling, Vale couldn't have been happier at this moment.

Edited by Vale

Vale took the plate of food and sent it to her inventory, "Thank you so much you two. And to Mr. Zakariah, and Mr. Tealeaf as well. The four of you have been amazing to me. I appreciate everything that you four of you have done." Vale bowed to the two of them with the utmost amount of appreciation in her heart and voice.

Ms. Hannah swiped a tear that was forming at the corner of her eye, "It means a lot to me that you appreciate us Ms. Vale, you have been instrumental in everything as well, you've helped us more than any of us have ever come to realize. I hope you also learned a lot in your venture and make the most of your life as you can." Ms. Hannah's words were endearing and had a feeling of friendly love to it. She and Mr. Pete were incredibly happy to even have gotten the chance to meet Ms. Vale, the two of them waved off Vale as the purple haired martial artist waved them off to continue her journey here in Aincrad.

Edited by Vale