[F5-PP] heat <<The Traveler>> (Dominion, Atzo) {Complete}

Atzo was wondering Arround at this point, he hadn’t been to a floor higher than 2 yet so a change or scenery would be nic. Thus he found himself on the fifth floor. A strange cloaked man approached him. Atzo assumed it was an NPC. He was right, the cloaked figure was offering him a quest, wanted him to go find a piece of lost cargo. Seemed easy enough. Accepting the quest he opened his inventory and checked his potions he proceeded to drink his over health potion and out his 5 health potions on standby. “If this is going to be a potential environmental hazard I am best prepared to go with a back up incase things don’t go as planned” He said to himself He was just going to be searching for something, the one thing he was good at. Finding things lost or otherwise was something he did in his free time back in the real world. He hoped that it would transfer over though he wasn’t sure that it would.

@Dominion

(1 over health potion used)

Edited by Atzo
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominion smiled, his hands warmed by the Hot Tea cup which he held inside the tavern on the sands of the fifth floor. He had messy blond hair, his white unbuttoned shirt equipped, but no armor. He had technically chosen today to be a freebee day. He planned to help out wherever he was needed, including the the lower floors if needs arose. He looked from side to side, as people seemed to swarm in for morning food. He could understand why they wanted food so early in the morning, but why were they all on the fifth floor? Dominion shrugged, taking yet another sip of the hot tea. It was going to be a rough morning, if Dominion had planned it out well. He intended to run in the hot sands once again, proving both his ability to suffer in tough conditions with little to no problem. He also needed to remind himself why he used the martial arts that he did. He was about to drink the rest of the tea, when he suddenly realized that Enma had been outside. He got out of his chair, leaving his hot tea on the table. He quickly darted out of the tavern, feeling the immediate heat from the sun, scanning the land for his little monkey friend. As he ran through the town, he came to a abrupt halt passing by the main exit out. The NPC, which had once confronted him quite long ago for a quest was now confronting Atzo. "Hey, you need assistance?" Dominion called out to Atzo, who stood a fair way out from the city wall. Suddenly, Enma appeared on Dominion's shoulder, as though he was never gone. Dominion turned to his right and began to laugh. "So, you were here the entire time?" Enma crossed his arms in front of his body, clearly not amused.

@Atzo

Edited by Dominion

Atzo looked to what was calling him. The blonde haired man, stood  there a monkey on his shoulder. “I don’t know about help” Atzo said with a light hearted smirk, “But I would enjoy the company, what are you doing here?” He walked over to dominion, the man was taller than Atzo but always acted so much younger. He wondered what it was that cause such bliss in Dominion.  “I have never seen him upset” Atzo thought to himself “I wonder what his secrete its” He offered Dominion a fist bumped when Atzo finally made it to the man. “You have good timing mate, I have to hand it to you. If you had been a moment later we wouldn’t have ran into each other” Atzo chuckled at this. He didn’t believe in luck but he knew this was probably something that was destined. Who knew at this point. The game may have had influence but that was yet to be known. 

@Dominion

"Well, I came here to get some hot green tea at the tavern, but I realized that Enma ran off", Dominion looked to his shoulder, seeing that Enma hadn't changed his outward presence at all. Enma suddenly did a flip over Dominion's head, standing on his other shoulder suddenly. Dominion just shook his head, laughing. Looking back to Atzo, Dominion lifted his own hand for a fist bump as he listened to him continue with a short statement of Dominion's good timing. "Well, if it wasn't that I knew that NPC over there and Enma leaving the tavern unnoticed, I doubt I would be over here at all to tell you the truth. It seems as though everyone is at the tavern today, which is quite strange. Back on the first floor, the tavern was rather quiet in the mornings and would build up players as the day progressed." Dominion just smiled, his hands in his jean pockets. "Well, lets not delay to much from searching for that cargo. If I remember correctly, this quest can really make your skin peal... literally." he turned to face outward, equipping his monkey king armor, spirit monkeys, monkey ring and monkey king semblance. He was ready for combat, if the situation were to arise while they were out in the shifting desert.

@Atzo

“Well it’s good to see you so chipper for sure, not everyone shares that outlook you know. It’s nice to see it though” The two set off into the Sands, they were brutal. Atzo was in no way prepared for it and with his basic armor he was not sure that he would get far. “Had you said you’d been out here before?” Atzo asked Dominion “how did you handle it?” the sun was balding down on them and Atzo was worried about their safety. He knew he might take some damage but this was worse than he expected. It would be worth it though, he was sure of it. The Sands blew harder and harder with every step, seeming to form small cyclones as they did so “Dominion you think there is lore as to how this desert came to be? Like över farming or something? It is defiantly a curious idea to think that this fictional place would have lore but it has to right?” Atzo’s mind was racing. He was trying to focus on anything but the sand and heat.

ID# 78146

Spoiler

Craft: 4 (No Damage)

Loot: 14+1=15(Fail)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 170/170 HP

Dominion 480/480 HP

@Dominion

(I am setting the LD to find the object at 19)

Edited by Atzo

Dominion had gone out on this quest before, and he had been rather surprised about the amount of sand moving around. Dominion spoke, keeping his eyes forward, but covering his mouth with his arm. "Yes, but I do believe it was a bit worse at that time. I lost a fair amount of health right away, as now I won't unless we fall into combat. Dominion looked around, most of his sight blinded by the small particles of sand. Atzo mentioned a myth or lore about this desert, which reminded Dominion of Egypt. "Yes, actually it would likely have a lore similar to that of the Egyptian Desert. I remember them explaining that it was once a mighty forest, until the crops withered away and left nothing but hot rocks and small particles. That was the myth I was told." He turned to face Atzo, remembering something. "Do you remember that blued haired guy on the first floor on the first day? He appeared to be wearing cloths that suited this environment. Do you know anything about that?" Dominion realized that the man, Solomon, had vanished, and no sight of him had been found recently.

78147 | CD:5 no DMG

LD:8(+3)=11 (nothing)

Spoiler

Atzo 170/170 HP

Dominion 480/480 HP

Edited by Dominion

At mention of Solomon, Atzo gave an uneasy chuckle and rubbed his arm “Yeah, I know him. I don’t know where he is but I was friends with him in the real world. He shouldn’t be here, it was my fault that he his and I’m not going to lie, I feel really guilty about it. He didn’t have a choice to say ‘No Atzo I don’t think it’s a good idea’ I made the choice for him, thinking it would help. But now that we are trapped, I can only feel guilty for being his trapper.” Atzo looked down at the ground as the sand spun around him. He was finding it harder and harder to deal with, knowing that Solomons imprisonment was his fault, if only he hadn’t insisted on Solomon driving that day. Sure the kid had his permit but he was still untrained and didn’t feel it a good idea. Atzo really must have been an awful friend to face a friend into this mess. As they walked, a blinding reflection hit Atzo's eye. "I may have found it" 

ID# 78149

Spoiler

Craft 4 (No Damage)

Loot 19+1=20(Found)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 170/170 HP

Dominion 480/480 HP

Edited by Atzo

"Well, that was quick. looks as though we need to find our way back though." Dominion said, his eyes looking around at the sand dunes around them. Something moved, which triggered an immediate reaction from instinct. He planted his feet, extending his arms out as sand hit his skin. Combat was about to start, and he could feel the pressure around him growing. Something was off, and it was clearly hiding in the sand dune. He remembered that his abdomen was completely pierced when he fought the field boss on this floor. He wasn't about to have that experience again. Suddenly, a massive sand snake shot out of the dune, clearly focused on Enma. Dominion wouldn't have this and moved in to either take the hit or commence battle with the snake. This snake was huge, and about twice the size in length of both Atzo and Dominion combined. Dominion, using his instinct, put himself into the eagle stance, an imitating practice of the Eagle. He struck down on the body of the serpent, causing a small amount of damage. Enma jumped over the snakes head and struck his body from the other side, dealing a fair boost in DMG.

78153 | BD:8 (hit) 3 DMG to snake | CD:6 (no DMG) | MD:7(-3) (miss)

Snake: 237/240 HP, 50 DMG

@Atzo170/170 HP, 12 EN, 4 DMG, 0 Hate

Dominion 480/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 1 Hate

(Dominion's CD roll will be applied for both environment and CD for healing when stated)

Edited by Dominion

Atzo nodded at Dominions notion. Suddenly and seemingly out of no where a snake shot up from the sand Atzo jumped back and his movements shifted into a robotic pattern as they tended to. He looked at Dominion “Keep it distracted while I analyze if if you can, I need to determine its attack pattern.” Atzo was intensely watching the snake move, every movement was another data point. It did look powerful though. He watched as Dominion expertly dodged the attack of the beast, he hoped that it wouldn’t change course and focus him. Drawing his sword he readied himself. This was going to be a challenge but not impossible by any means. He kept watching as the snake got its next attack ready. Was he really prepared for this? He hoped so but didn’t assume he was, this quest may have turned into something much harder than it seemed from the beginning.

ID# 78157 

Spoiler

Craft 10 (no damage) (Note I labeled the roll wrong)

@Dominion

Edited by Atzo

Dominion lifted his hands, knowing fully well that he couldn't keep do his monkey martial art imitation at the moment. The sharp sand hit his arm, causing him to become tense. Fierce, like a tiger. He clenched his fist and shifted his right leg in front of his body. This would leave him wide open, but Dominion had been asked to build up hate. Therefore, Dominion struck down with his fist at the exact same time the snake moved to bite his arm. The collision between the tiger first and the fangs of the snake caused both to cause pixilated blood. He could see his own health drop immensely, but he was even more surprised to find the snake was frozen in place for a turn. Dominion looked over his shoulder at Atzo. "Looks as though you could strike if you would like. It is paralyzed, so there is hardly any chance that it could possibly attack you. Or, you could wait a bit longer in order to create a more solid attention toward me." Dominion said this, his hand still punctured by the fang that didn't immediately pixilate from combat

78159 | BD:10 (Critical Success) (3+2) DMG to snake + (BLD and PAR) | CD:10 (no DMG) | MD:10(-3) (Critical Success) (50+2)-3=49DMG (+10 Battle Healing)

Snake: 232/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 0/2, PAR 0/1)

Dominion 441/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 3 Hate

(Dominion's CD roll will be applied for both environment and CD for healing when stated)

Edited by Dominion

Atzo saw as Dominion Punched the snake and was in turn bitten. Suddenly the snake dropped. “I will try” Atzo said as he went to attack but the sand got the better of him, his jian sword hit the sand directly next to the desert colored snake. It hissed at him as though it would have bitten should it not have been paralyzed. Pulling his sword out of the sand he jumped back behind Dominion and readied his next attack. “Maybe I need a little more knowledge on this creature, Or maybe I just need to know where my strike is landing better.” Regardless as to the actual need of knowledge he would attack next round. He hoped that he wouldn’t let Dominion down… then again he wasn't all that afraid of Dominion. He was strong, yes, but that didn't mean to fear him. Atzo had taken down many a strong man in his lifetime, all it took was a little knowledge.

ID# 78163

Spoiler

Battle 4 (Fail)

Craft 6 (No Damage)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo170/170 HP, 12 EN, 4 DMG, 0 Hate

Dominion 441/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 3 Hate

Snake: 232/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 0/2, PAR 0/1)

@Dominion

Edited by Atzo

Dominion made his eagle fist again and struck it down against the beast mid body for a consecutive hit. This time however, there was a sudden burst of Damage applied from his previous attack in the form of BLD. It really showed on the health bar. Dominion would have took a step back from the snake, but Atzo stood there. He didn't want to have the snake change focus and then target past him. He quickly made up his mind to jump over the snakes body, doing a front flip and moving his hands to deflect any sand from hitting his face. His motions were hard to follow, being that he used a technique that tricked the mind. Once Dominion stood on the other side, his health bar climbed back up to a normal level. Also, it was apparent that the snake wished to follow him, but due to being paralyzed, the snake wouldn't move. Dominion sighed as Enma returned onto his right shoulder, Enma's arms crossed in front of his body. Dominion crossed his arms away from his body, something he didn't do often. This next attack would look truly strange.

78170 | BD:8 (hit) (3) DMG+12 DMG from BLD | CD:6 (no DMG) | MD:PAR (+10 Battle Healing)

Snake: 217/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 1/2, PAR 1/1)

Dominion 451/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 4 Hate

Edited by Dominion

Atzo watched as Dominion paralyzed the snake once again. Seeing his opportunity Atzo activated his Sword Art. The rush of power was something he could never get used to. He lunged at the snake and slashed through it, the pixels sprayed into the air and Atzo Jumped back. “Dominion, keep it up if we keep doing this we will kill it without a sweat. Do you have any Sword Arts that stun?” Atzo had an idea just in case Dominion was unable to paralyze it. If they could at least keep it immobile then they would have nothing to worry about. He adjusted his footing in hopes of gaining the upper hand. He was sure that even if he missed that they would be fine. Dominion didn't do much damage but that was fine, Atzo knew how to hit hard and how to hit strong. All he had to do was hit.

ID# 78199 

Spoiler

Battle 8 (Hit) [DMG=4{Base}*(1*2{SA})=8DMG]

Craft 8 (No DMG)

Sword Art Used: Straight (2 Energy)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo170/170 HP, 10/12 EN, 4 DMG, 1 Hate

Dominion 451/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 4 Hate

Snake: 209/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 1/2, PAR 1/1)

@Dominion

Edited by Atzo

Dominion was on the other side of the snake now, still maintaining his style and form while protecting his face from the oncoming sand. His hands and arms were tense, yet flexible. He moved his arm to the right, while striking at the snake with his other hand. However, the natural scales caused his hand to move away, doing practically no damage. Dominion replied to Atzo's statement, his smile still present behind his right hand, which cleverly covered his mouth. "No, I actually don't have any sword arts. I got battle healing and first aid, but not really anything to deal damage with as of yet." Dominion quickly moved to the side as the snakes head whipped to the other side and focused on Dominion's arm. Enma jumped up and knocked the head down into the ground, an impressive display of force to say the least. He continued to speak, "It would surely make questing much easier if I was able to do damage, but that will have to wait. I need to show my worth before I try attaining a sword art."

78204 | BD:5 (miss) 12 DMG from BLD | CD:4 (no DMG) | MD:3(-3) (miss) (+10 Battle Healing)

Snake: 197/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 2/2)

@Atzo170/170 HP, 10/12 EN, 4 DMG, 1 Hate

Dominion 461/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 4 Hate

Edited by Dominion

The monk had no sword arts, it was weird to see someone at his level without them. “Prove your worth huh? How do you plan to do that?” Atzo was genuinely curious, he had not heard of someone attempting to prove their worth in order to gain access to sword arts. He watched as the snake went in to hit Dominion, An opportunity opened, a chink in the scales. Atzo bent down and activated his sword art, the slash came hard, once again sending pixels in every which direction. It was beautiful and the snake reared back. It seemed to be starting to draw to him, it would make sense after all, he was doing a lot of damage in very few hits and aggro happened if one player overwhelmed the other in hits. He wondered if he needed to hold his next action, he didn't think it would be necessary but had a hunch that he would.

ID# 78209

Spoiler

Battle 9 (Crit Success) [DMG=(4{Base}+1{Crit})*(1*2{SA})=10 DMG

Craft 3 (No Damage)

Sword Art Used: Straight (2 Energy)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo170/170 HP, 8/12 EN, 4 DMG, 3 Hate

Dominion 461/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 4 Hate

Snake: 187/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 0/2, PAR 0/1)

@Dominion

Edited by Atzo

Dominion was quick to move. He jumped over the serpents head, not in the direction of Atzo. He landed his feet in the sand and had to firm up his footing. He swiftly moved his foot in a crescent moon shape on the ground. This flattened the ground for which he intended to stand. He lifted his arms in the shape of the leopard style, a style he was unaccustomed to doing. He reached out with his fish, moving his upper body to yet again dodge the head and fangs of the enemy. As it passed by, he realized that it was too far away to even attempt an attack. "How does the snake miss me that badly?" He asked aloud, a grin on his face. He knew that this would prove Atzo's mind. Would he make an attack and risk the chance of taking agro, or would he stand still and wait a bit longer for Dominion to attempt to raise Aggro. To be honest, Dominion thought that he should do the former, as his damage did more overall and one successful hit would turn the tides back to himself. However, it was all Atzo's choice in this given situation.  

78212 | BD:3 (miss) | CD:9 (no DMG) | MD:1 (Critical Fail) (+10 Battle Healing)

Snake: 187/240 HP, 50 DMG

@Atzo170/170 HP, 10/12 EN, 4 DMG, 1 Hate

Dominion 471/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 4 Hate

Edited by Dominion

Atzo watched as Dominion expertly jumped over the snake, taking its attention. Suddenly the winds picked up and the sun intensified. He felt the Sands dig into his skin. The feeling was almost unbearable and he felt his concentration leaving him. Without a second though he tried to attack. Pain set him off more than anything. It was why he always stood back when there was a fight. When pain struck him he lost the ability to think strait . The world faded to back for the next few moments. When he landed he found that his mind came back. He was relieved that he had missed the strike. He was unsure of how he would have taken the hit from the snake. He looked to Dominion who said he could heal. Hoping he could hit Atzo, maybe if Atzo attacked while Dominion healed then Atzo could attack more often.

ID# 78303

Spoiler

Battle 4 (Fail)

Craft 1 (10 DMG)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo160/170 HP, 8/12 EN, 4 DMG, 3 Hate

Dominion 471/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 4 Hate

Snake: 187/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 0/2, PAR 0/1)

@Dominion

Edited by Atzo

Dominion shifted his weight so to make an evenly distributed stance and, noticing that Atzo missed the attack, grinned. He didn't move at all from his newfound position, deciding to keep his distance from Atzo. "What an impressive attack while under such hot weather!", Dominion said, Enma suddenly jumping back onto his right shoulder again. Before Dominion could saying anything more, the snake's head returned to striking Dominion's arm. It violently contorted, it's muscles like a snapped rubber band. "If I were to name this snake, I would name it Sssalric." Dominion said and abruptly jumped into the air. He lifted one of his arms over his head, showing that he was doing something different, but would be unknown to a non-monk. He slammed his tiger fist into the head of the snake, sending it's head into the sand. A eruption of sand sprayed to either side, it's head now slightly covered by particles. "Sssalric, you are really disappointing Enma", Dominion said as he landed a few steps back with Enma giving his normal outward appearance. He grinned, as it was obvious that he was banking on this the entire time. He was more known for a different variation of martial arts, but he had yet to display that side of him to anyone.

78306 | BD:9 (Critical Success) (3+1)=4DMG + (BLD and PAR) | CD:5 (no DMG) | MD:5(-3) (miss) (+10 Battle Healing)

Snake: 183/240 HP, 50 DMG (0/2 BLD, 0/1 PAR)

@Atzo160/170 HP, 10/12 EN, 4 DMG, 3 Hate

Dominion 480/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 6 Hate

Edited by Dominion

Atzo felt as the sand refused to let up. Cuts ran deep into his flesh and the heat pounded him. The sandy wind was so harsh that it knocked him onto his butt. “Calm down, Atzo” He thought as he felt his rage attempting to resurface. His vision tunneled and he stood up Shaking his head violently he attempted to regain some control. It worked but in his attempts to regain he lost his footing. He tried to use his fall to his advantage and hit the snake but once again he missed. Landing in the sand he felt the granules digging into his arms. “I have to get up” He thought to himself. “I have to maintain control.” He stood back up slowly this time and thought. “How can I gain an advantage?” Then it clicked for him.  He still had a damage potion, it wouldn't help him hit. But just maybe he could use it to take out this snake a little quicker.

ID# 78374

Spoiler

Battle 4 (Fail)

Craft 10 (10 Dmg)

Stats

Spoiler

Atzo 150/170 HP, 8/12 EN, 4 DMG, 3 Hate

Dominion 471/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 6 Hate

Snake: 183/240 HP, 50 DMG (BLD 0/2, PAR 0/1)

@Dominion

Edited by Atzo

Dominion lifted his arms. He lowered his stance to be closer to the ground. He began to crawl further into the half a foot hole he had made with the snake's head. Reaching out with his hand, he quickly made a swift strike at the snake, but it just glanced off the hard shells. I really do need to improve my accuracy. It begins to get a little annoying when a few attacks miss in a row. He smiled, knowing the exact method to improving the situation. He would have to wait though, as he turned to see his friend standing up again. "yeah, sorry about that. I didn't think that this thing could take that hard of a hit... not to mention that is survived.", He turned his head to face Enma. "Why don't you attack the beast from Atzo's side, and warn me when he gets damage taken. I should be able to deal with damage pretty easily while we are in combat with Sssaric."

78375 | BD:4 (miss) 12 DMG from BLD | CD:2 (no DMG) | MD:PAR (miss) (+10 Battle Healing)

Snake: 171/240 HP, 50 DMG (1/2 BLD, 1/1 PAR)

@Atzo150/170 HP, 10/12 EN, 4 DMG, 3 Hate

Dominion 480/480 HP, 3 EVA, 3 LD, 3 CD, 1 PAR, 1 BLD, 3 MIT, 3 DMG, 48 EN, 6 Hate

Edited by Dominion