[PP-F5] It's a Shark? <<Blood in the Sand>> (Beat)

Walking away from the teleportation gate shifting from the unnatural blue that came from teleporting between floors. The brightness of the fourth floor and the chill the floor had paled in comparison to the heat wave and the gleaming that caused the kitty girl to shield her eyes, "This is the fifth floor? Man, the dry air is very distasteful. I'm gonna need some water just to deal with this quest. And it is one of the few I need to do on this floor." She explained to herself. The scantily dressed woman began making her trek toward the outskirts of town, her feet naturally kept kicking dust up into the air causing it to get into her eyes and mouth, "Oh my that's just disgusting." She quickly retrieved some water from her inventory and began using it to try and get the sand out of her mouth as fast as she possibly could.

Once she had finally got the sand out of her eyes she looked at the ground, "Looks like I'ma have to pick my feet up more than I normally do." She resumed her path trying to get into a comfortable walking rythem that brought her feet up enough to not kick sand around. She didn't even pay attention if she had gotten sand in the eyes or mouths of others, she simply sauntered forward focused on the quest she was after. She had a quest paper that had details about where to go, reading it as she continued walking try to make sure she understood the entirety of the quest. But, there was no explanation of what the creature she would be fighting was, "Sometimes small details about what I am fighting would be nice."

"Ah thanks, I hope you like it." Beat said as he waved to another player who had come to him for some food. Beat often ventured away from his cafe to peddle his culinary wares to hungry players who sometimes forgot that dehydration and hunger were real issues in this game. It was just one of the many elements of the game that made it so easy to forget that it was merely a game.

"Hm?"

Beat's eyes caught the form of a scantily clad player walking by who appeared to be looking at a piece of paper that he quickly recognized as one of the quests he and Shield had done before. His brow furrowed as he watched her leave the safe zone alone. 

That could be dangerous...I should at least make sure she has a party and supplies.

Beat quickly caught up with the woman, keeping a respectful distance as he walked beside her waving his hand ahead to get her attention, a warm smile on his face.

"This desert is pretty dangerous for someone to be questing alone. Do you have a party meeting up with you?"

It was true that soloing on the lower floors was doable, but it was also possible to be very unfortunate and run into a powerful monster mob or, worse yet, a player killer preying on lower level players. Soloing was a novel idea, and very profitable, but also a risk that was now more than a simple experience penalty and respawn timer.

Vale heard the sound of quick clattering of feet stomping against the condensed sand that made up the pathway in and out of town. She turned her head to see a taller man approach her side. He quietly and respectfully waved at her rather than getting hand grabby, like some men had attempted to do to her. She didn't shift her posture or change her pace at which she strutted, but she did return the wave in kind. He immediately questioned her reasoning to being out in the sands, "To be honest I don't particularly like asking for help. I rather enjoy the aimbent air of being alone." She responded in kind.

Quickly though her attitude changed as a Vixen-esque smile grew across the woman's face, "So what brings you approaching a random girl walking out in the wilderness alone?" Her tone was intentionally trying to get a ruse out of the man. She quickly darted around him with a desceptive speeds, she was sizing up the man trying to get a feel for the man. He had no hostile or leacherous intentions, atleast not that she could get the honest feel from. But quickly she returned back to her spot she was walking next to him by. She smiled back at him awaiting to hear his retort.

Spoiler

ID# 78502: LD: 23 (19+4) = 1 T1 Mat found (1 Total)

Beat's cheeks flushed ever so slightly at the suggestion that he might be targeting random female players wandering in the wilderness. He managed to keep his composure and followed her speed with his eyes and ears. She was quick, so it was possible she knew what she was doing, though her speed didn't seem to be on the level of a second tier player quite yet and still, anything could really happen, even on such a low floor. 

"If I'm being honest, I see a lot of players go out alone and never come back, so I try to do what I can to prevent those deaths." Beat said, his cheery demeanor fading for a moment before he regained his normal composure, stooping down to retrieve a small locket that was marked with an item tag. He stashed the item away before smiling at her again.

"You're pretty fast, but, anything can happen in these sands. If you don't like asking for help, what I were to offer it?" Beat's brutally honest nature would show that he was completely sincere. 

Edited by Beat

ID: 78565 | LD: 8 (No Mats)

She kept pace with him effortlessly, she was honestly used to moving at a much higher tempo due to her backgrounds, raising, and her high natural stamina. The man was engaging her in conversation though, and she wasn't callous enough to just ignore someone, even if it meant endangering her own life. Plus the man was rather unintimidating to say the least, though there wasn't a soul she had ever found herself truly intimidated over. She listened to him share his overall worry, and although it was nice of him to worry about others there was something he wasn't catching on to, "You're right, a lot of people have gone out on their own and never come back. But sometimes, they can be accompanied by someone and only that someone returns. You could be far more evil than you're letting on." She stuck her tongue out pretty much knowing full well this guy didn't have the heart of a killer deep down within him.

She saw him swipe up a locket and move it into his inventory, she remembered she would need to build up her material stash for when she unlocked her profession. She quickly started looking around for any herbs in the nearby vicinity, but the bone-dry desert wasteland had nothing to offer her for alchemical goods, "I assumed you were going to offer your help anyways based on what you said earlier. And I have the strange suspicion that you're not really apt to letting me traverse the desert by my lonesome. So I don't mind you coming and joining me for a quick quest." She stuck her tongue out again and increased her tempo.

Edited by Vale
Spoiler

ID# 78599: LD: 17 (13+4) = 1 T1 mat found (2 Total)

Equipping Heal Yeah (+2 Regen (36 heal when struck)) 

Beat smiled as he increased his pace to match her new tempo. While he rarely had a reason to move quickly over land like this in the real world, his body was in good shape and he had gotten used to the speed and abilities his level had afforded him. Those abilities were the same ones that made it easy to enjoy being in the game, despite his inability to leave at will. it was an odd conundrum, but he figured they would either beat the game eventually or simply die. He laughed at the sarcastic implication that he could be evil. 

"Yep, I'm super evil. Just you wait and see." He laughed with a wink and a smile. 

Beat opened his menu and equipped his armor in exchange for his weapon, choosing survival over his damage, especially if Vale was strong enough to assist with killing any mobs they found. Before closing his menu, he sent Vale a party invite as he bent down and quickly scooped up a fist sized chunk of quartz that was half buried in the sand, admired it for a moment and then added it to his stash. 

"Let's make it official then and see if we can find some good loot while we're out here, eh?" He said with a cheery smile and upbeat attitude that was practically his trademark. 

Edited by Beat

ID: 78665 | LD: 6 (No Herbs)

Vale was more or less enjoying the company she had managed to unknowingly intrigue from the people about. He seemed to have a sense of humor and a boat load of confidence to boot. She turned her head to scour the ground around her, the ambient waves of heat were beginning to affect her slightly. Since she was in an outfit encased in fur, her vision would fog up from the temperature rise she had. She'd blink and use the soft part of her kitty paw to rub her eyes, "I really dislike the heat, it such a nuisance. Especially in this sandy environment, constantly being pelted in the eye with sand." She said in a slight demoralized tone.

Vale looked up at the party request that appeared infront of her, "Well, if you're so chipper to get out there and have some fun, I'll follow suite and enjoy in the excitement." Vale responded, getting herself excited to see what this man wanted to do and was capable of.as well. She got some kind of feeling that this man did not fight like most others in this world she had met. There was one individual who gave off the same vibes as the man she had recently managed to make herself acquainted with. Vale stopped her movement audibly giving a "Mmhmmm-" Sound while she cleared her throat, "Why do I get the feeling... You're handsy with your opponents?" She asked in a strangely worded manner.

Edited by Vale
Spoiler

ID# 78789: LD: 13 (9+4) = no mats (2 Total)

Beat nodded in agreements as Vale commented on the heat. HIs survival skill made the extreme heat a non-hazard, but it was still rather uncomfortable in the dry arid desert. Much like his experience on the fourth floor where the frostbite level cold was reduced to mere unpleasant cold, the blistering heat was merely an annoyance, making him sweat and a little thirsty. He pulled out a water bottle and quenched his thirst before responding.

"Indeed. Even with the survival skill, the heat is still bothersome, though you're right, the sand is the bigger problem."

Finishing the bottle as Vale continued to speak, his brow rose at the odd wording of what she had said. It took a moment, but he eventually laughed as he caught her meaning, looking at his hands and making a solid fist, ready to strike any creatures foolish enough to attack. HE was enjoying the conversation that Shield didn't always feel like providing. He had grown used to it, but it was still a noticeable difference when he traveled with someone who enjoyed making conversation. 

"Well, I suppose you could say that, though my feet get involved a little bit too. Any part of my body can be used as a weapon and the best part is I can't be disarmed easily. What about you? How do you fight?"

Edited by Beat

ID: 79042 | LD: 13 (No Herbs)

Vales eyes and ears rather visibly perked up when she heard the word combination of, 'Survival Skill' and the curious kitty needed to know more about it, "Survival Skill. What might that be?" She asked inquisitively. Sweat starting to build all over her body due to her naturally darker complextion and the added heat garnered by the furry bodycomforming leotard, arm and leg wraps. The feline aspect was really being taken on by the Martial Artist. She kept her crystalline amethyst eyes fixated on the man adding to the emphasis that she wanted to know all the more about it.

The corner of Vale's lips curled upward when her assumption came out to be the truth, she felt as though she could literally smell the physicality that resided in his arms and legs. The smell of a true Martial Artist wafted through the air much like the familiarity one has when smelling the homecooked food. She couldn't keep her mouth shut at this point, "Meeeowww~" She purred, "I would have to agree full heartedly with everything that you said. You have really taken akin to this game's perspective of Martial Arts. Did you do so in real life as well?" The questions building up in her mind made her completely forget to respond to the man's return question. She somewhat felt as though this man would be able to come to that assumption with her razor sharp kitten claws.

@Beat

Edited by Vale
  • 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID# 80318: LD: 11 (7+4) = no mats found. 

Beat nodded as the sandy winds began to show a little mercy and let up to the point that the only sand being kicked around was only making it up to their shins. 

"The survival makes heat like this a non-issue in terms of survival. Also helps with health regeneration when I'm not fighting. It certainly comes in handy." He said, answering her first question before continuing on to her second, "I did, but only when I was younger. It has been a while since I studied the martial arts in real life..." He trailed off as unpleasant memories came to the surface. 

There were many people in Sword Art Online who had never had a good life and so, while certainly jaded by their experiences, they had the privilege of never knowing anything else. In Beat's case, the sharp turn in his life was the very reason he was trapped in SAO now. Horus swooped in and landed on Beat's shoulder, nipping the top of his ear when his landing failed to snap Beat out of the trance he had drifted into. 

"Oh, sorry, got stuck in my head." Beat said laughing, gratefully stroking the top of his falcon familiar's head as he smiled at his traveling companion. 

"So, this cat persona you have. Is it something you do while playing video games or do simply have a fondness for cats?" He asked, choosing to hear more about it before jumping to conclusions or judging her. Everyone was allowed to be a little weird and it wasn't his place to pass judgement on anyone if it wasn't hurting anyone else. 

Plus it does add to how cute she is...

@Vale

Edited by Beat

ID: 80500 | LD: 4 (No Herbs)

Vale listened carefully when the man very loosely explained about the survival skill, she wanted to know why this unlockable skill did what it did. But quickly the conversation changed back to that of martial arts, "I know what you mean. Martial Arts is my life, always has been since a young age." She explained loosely, looking at his hands letting her mind wander, "I remember the first time I won a full tournament... It was one of the most riveting feelings I have ever had the opportunity of having." She explained with a sweet tone to her voice while she continued to be zoned out looking at his fist.

With the bird arriving upon his arm, it snapped Vale out of her own trance. And chuckled slightly, "You weren't the only person who got stuck in their own mind." She smiled wide at him, revealing her pearly white teeth with cat fangs once again. Then Beat asked a very peculiar question which was somewhat difficult to ask, "This cat persona? Hmm... I've always had a fondness of cats and neko girls in real life. But this is the first video game I have ever played. I was too busy training for National Tournaments, didn't simply have time." She explained in detail, she had no reason to lie about her past. Her head turned to face the direction they were walking, "There is a very big regret from joining this game. But at the same time... It was quite the blessing as it was a curse." She had a sweet smile stretch on her lips.

@Beat

Edited by Vale