[PP-F4] <<Essence of Steel>> (Raina)

Hikoru opened up his HUD and sent out a request for someone to accompany him. He needed to get some more essence for his items that he had, and needed to make sure that he got it. But he was growing tired of taking this quest alone, and he decided to ask for some company. He sent out the request and awaited in the tavern on the fourth floor. He wasn't one to like attention these days, and he just gave a nod to the bartender and went to the back of the room, his hood drawn above his head to hide his glasses and his face. He eyed around the room, watching the NPC's engage with each other in laughter, to make it feel like a real tavern. He sighed and wished these people were real, that he were home. But for now, he would enjoy the conversations and the sound as he sat in the back, unable to be seen unless someone really looked for him.

@Raina

She opened up her HUD and saw the request and was hesitant. Could she even handle this quest with this other player. She fidgeted a little at the thought of still be useless. "Raina, you can do this." She said to herself. She accepted the request with a heavy heart as she walked to the teleport crystal. She felt her body dissipate as she warped to the fourth floor.  She looked down at her new buckler given to her by that shop keep with the bear. She smiled as she looked at the intricate designs of the rose. "Maybe, just maybe, now I can be helpful." She continued as she walked towards the meeting place. She thought about the people she has met so far and smirked. She needed to rely on their strength if she wanted to get strong enough to help defeat this world. She walked into the tavern and looked around for her new party member. 

Hikoru looked up too see a young player appear through the door. She seemed really... Pink. Her hair and her outfit were bright and bubbly colors. She almost reminded him of Mari, a player killer he had met by accident months ago. He shuddered at the thought, then brushed it aside. If she was anything like that, he would know. And if it came to it, he would do what was necessary to survive. He looked at her name and the name of the person that accepted his request, and nodded. He moved swiftly, getting up and making his way over without a sound. He soon appeared behind her and cleared his throat. Awaiting for her to turn

"Excuse me," he said in a hushed tones "I believe you are the one accompanying me on this quest. Hikoru, Master of Shadows. Please to make your acquaintance." He said with a small bow. He hoped he hadn't startled the player too much with his sudden appearance.

She turned around, causing her white skirt to flutter in the wind, at the sounds of the man's words. Her long hair fell in front of her face as she blushed and tried to keep her composure. She has never really been good at socializing with others, nor was she good at just meeting people. "It's.. it is nice to meet you, Sir Hikoru. I am Raina, a new player..." She said as her face turned a deeper crimson, " but please know I will try my best!" She said as she fidgeted and bowed to the man.

No matter what she did, she could not seem to be helpful to the people she teams up with. Was this just her curse, or was it the game's way of telling her that she should not survive? She looked up at the other player with her crimson eyes sparkling with the fear of insecurity and the fear of uselessness. 

Hikoru looked into the girls eyes and saw fear initially. He couldn't make much else out, but as he looked it was a fear of something specific. But just by reading eyes he couldn't figure it out. She avoided eye contact for a moment, and he gave a nod as he stood, clearing his throat and avoiding looking at her... initial eye-appealing things in front of her, and kept eye contact with her. He needed to be polite, and he was sure that she didn't really like the thought of men staring.

"Well it's nice to meet you. Don't worry about anything, I have this covered. You just stay back and be careful, alright?" He said, making sure that he made things clear, then he looked at her armor and noticed it was very basic. He was puzzled for a moment. He saw the shield at her side, but with still a basic armor and weapon? That didn't sit well with him. He opened his HUD to look at the armor he had gained from his quest with Macradon awhile back, and studied it. He had no need of it, and couldn't even use it, as it was specifically made for a female player. He looked at her another moment. "Before I go, may I ask if you have any other armor? If not I do have a spare you can have..." He said, muttering and looking at its enchantments, rubbing his chin in contemplation.

She felt the eyes of the other player studying her frame, checking her gear and armor off. She blushed a little more and crossed her arms a little out of a lack of comfort. She listened to the man's words about leaving it to him and staying back and her head shot up. "I.. I want to try.. try to help somehow." She stuttered out. "I do not have any other equipment, a blacksmith gave me this shield to try and help me. I do not know how good I am in a fight but... but I will do my best I promise." She said as she gripped her blade.

She knew her lack of skills could get better with time, she knew she could try, but does this she even have the power to survive? Does she have the flame of desire, the power to fight? She wanted it, she knew people who have it. But is this power something only the strongest of hearts have? Or can she wield her emotions into this power?   

Hikoru nodded as he listened, and understood her reason for wanting to help. He looked over the armor one more time, and gave a small blush at the thought of this looking on her, then shook his head as he stopped thinking about it. He needed to be professional about this, and he sent her a request for her to trade, then sent the armor to her with a nod, and pressed accept and awaited her to take it

"Here, no need to give me anything. We can use the drop from this quest to make your armor better for the time being." He said. He didn't need the essence, so why should he hog it? He could probably use it on his cape, but he didn't feel the need to use it. This lower-levelled player needed it more than he did, and even though he could have given that armor to another young lady in his guild, he knew that they wouldn't accept a rare armor, and he knew they would probably be fine with him giving this armor to her. He sighed and awaited a few moments for her to put it on, then turned around, his cloak billowing in the breeze as he did so. "Alright, lets get a move on." He said as he exited through the door

Given to Raina:

Name: Angelic Maiden's Mantle
Type: Light Armor

Tier: 1
Quality: Rare
Enchantments: +2 Evasion
Description: A snow white two piece dress. Often used in wedding ceremonies and adorned with lace and jewels. The top piece is similar to Sleeveless bikini top with puffy princess sleeves on each upper arm, while the lower piece is a short multi layered skirt that ends above the knee.

She accepted the trade and stared at the dress. It was gorgeous but yet almost armored, the corset like chest was breathe taking gold and white that shimmered in the sun. Cloth pieces fell off of the hips of the armor and fell to the ground almost like a ball gown but yet exposed both her legs. The lacy tights rose up to her upper thighs while a set of small feathered boots rose up barely to her ankles. She equipped the armor and automatically felt stronger and beautiful. She twirled and giggled sweetly as the dress flowed out with the wind. Her body moved in an elegant and swift manner as she danced. "This.. this dress is just amazing. Are you sure you do not wish to keep it?" She said as she stopped spinning and her hair fell in her face. She brushed it aside and smiled at the other player while awaiting an answer.

She looked down and felt the fabric of this outfit and was just astounded. The lace and silk, it felt so real to her, almost like a real wedding dress, without the armor of course. She tapped one of her shoes against the floor and looked down at them. She was never one that thought she could look this beautiful. She still remembers the words her mother constantly tore into her. Ruining all of her self confidence, ruining all of her love for herself. "Is this me?" She thought to herself.

"Raina, you will never find someone that marries you for love. Not with how you look." she said to me. My mother had always thought of herself as gorgeous, how hard was it to see I wanted to feel the same way? I had bought this dress thinking mom would approve of it, thinking that maybe, for once, I could feel as gorgeous as she said she felt.

Hikoru watched as the woman studied the dress, then soon put it on, doing a twirl to try it on and he gave a small nod as she asked if it really was hers. He had gotten it on previous raids in Sub-Dungeons, and he wasn't a woman, so why would he want it. He awaited for her to be ready, then continued to walk out into the snow. He felt his survival skill kick in, and soon the bitter cold dissapeared from his skin and he was surrounded by a small warm glow that kept his skin from being affected by the snow flourishing around him

He breathed deeply and continued to move into the snow. It was starting to get high, to about the height of his ankles. He continued forward, then remembered and looked back at the girl that was accompanying him. He had no clue as to how she was doing. "Hey, you doing okay?" He called out, but was unsure if she could hear him in the billowing wind. He made his way back to make sure she hadn't fallen in the snow or had somehow gotten stuck. It past times, he had gotten stuck himself, and he knew how it could be hard to get through.

It was a bitter and bone chilling cold. There was no other way to describe this area. The kind of cold where you just go back inside and wait it out. She did not know if she had that luxury here. She did her best to go slowly but yet keep up with Hikoru. Her boots sunk slowly into the snow as she dredged through the frozen wasteland. She heard Hikoru call out to her asking if she was okay. She laughed as she remembered a certain Disney movie and said, "Ya! The snow never bothered me anyway." She replied with a wicked smile on her face. She was not exactly sure where this request was but she secretly hoped it was near here. This snow was not good for her dress.

"Hikoru, are we close? And what exactly are we supposed to do for this quest?" She asked with a bit of worry in her voice. She knew she was not the best fighter, but she would do her best.   

Hikoru nodded as she said she was okay, then continued forward. She asked if they were close, and as if on cue the Snow Beast Appeared. He breathed and moved forward immediantly, striking the creature. He remembered how clumsy this creature could be. He moved away from its sloppy arm sweep and looked back at the girl, then looking back and eyeing the large creature

"Yep, were here." He said. He knew that this girl couldn't take a hit from this thing. He looked at her and shook his head. She needed to give him a moment to finish this thing off, and it really wouldn't take him that long to do it. "Alright, I need you to stay here. One more swipe and this thing is done. I don't care what you think you know, this thing can seriously hurt you if you get hit. Don't take a chance. Play it safe and wait for me to finish it off." He said, and eyes the Snow Beast Suspiciously, hoping that he could somewhat finish this thing off quickly, probably with one of his Unique Sword Arts. Only time would tell

ID: 78748

BD: 3+3=6 Hit!

MD: 4-3=1 Miss!

Hikoru used Eternal Cyclone: 13x1=13x13=169 Damage to Snow Beast

Hikoru: 1175/1175 95/116
@Raina

Snow Beast: 81/250 160 Damage

Raina cried out a cute "Eeep!" when this massive snow monster appeared. The shockwave from its appearance almost knocked her on the ground. She saw Hikoru attack with a strong looking attack, something she could possible never do and then listen as he told her to play it safe. She leaped back a little trying her best not to be the target of this beast's attacks. Her heart was thumping, her breathe showing up on the air as she steadied herself, readying to dodge if she has to. She was worried about this monster, it looked strong. "Please.. Please be careful Sir Hikoru! Do not take any chances, okay?" She called out as she placed her hands over her heart. "Please, let us be okay." She prayed to herself. She still had things she had to ask this player when this was over, like why he brought a noob like herself with him. Why put himself in that kind of danger?  

Hikoru nodded and turned, but was caught off guard by being called 'Sir Hikoru.' It definitely wasn't something he had been called before, and was unsure of how to react to the title, but he gave a small sigh and charged forward, focusing on harnessing his Unique Skill, and soon turned into shadows, disappearing from sight. He soon appeared at the feet of the Snow Beast, and soon kicked him up in the air, the large creature roaring as he flew, then he dissapeared again and soon appeared above the Snow Beast in a puff of black smoke, grabbing him and stabbing him multiple times, until his head hit the ground with a large thud. Hikoru landed as the creature pixelated into nothing. Hikoru picked up the drop and looked at it, then handed it to Raina.

"There, jobs done and you can make your armor better." He said gruffly, then rubbed his neck. Using those Sword Arts really took a lot out of him, and made him stiff. He hoped that when he Grandmastered it that he would be able to use his sword arts without the aches and pains, but for now he would need to deal with it.

ID: 78752

BD: 9 (+1 Damage)

Hikoru used Izuna Drop: 3x2=6*14= 84 Damage to Snow Beast

Hikoru: 1175/1175 87/116
@Raina

Snow Beast: -3/250 160 Damage

<<Essence of Steel Obtained>>

Raina accepted the mat and smiled at the player. "Thank you. I am sorry I was not actually useful. You keep helping me." she said as the wind blew her hair in all directions. She stashed the item in her inventory and brushed away her hair. "Can we... I do not know, go back to town. It is cold are Christmas here." She said with a little laugh. She crossed her arms against her chest to try and warm herself up. She was happy they got the item but a little sorry that she could not help Hikoru in the fight. "Can I ask you something Hikoru? Why... why would you put yourself in such danger by taking me with you? You could have died." She said with a little tear in her eyes. She was never one to play the damsel but all she seems to do is just that.  

Hikoru just shook his head as the girl said she wasn't useful. There was nothing that she could have done to help without taking the chance of death, which he didn't want to try. She didn't even have a level to her name. He knew that she had no way at this point to really help him out, and he just smiled and nodded as she asked to go back to town, and he chuckled as he held up a piece of col

"Sure, and I can buy you a drink to warm you up if you want. This floor has some killer hot-cocoa." He said. This girl was super innocent, and reminded him of his little brother when they had played games like this, back before things had turned south when he loaded up this game. He started to walk, when she asked him a question of putting his life on the line, and he just gave a laugh. "Trust me on one thing, I am far too over-leveled for this Quest Boss. There was no harm in me fighting it." He said with another small chuckle "And thanks to you listening, you are stronger now, probably gained a level or two from this quest, and you got an item to make your armor stronger. The Pros weighed out the cons." He smiled and turned back to where the town was "Come, we can talk in a moment when we get you warmed up." He said with a re-assuring smile and started back towards the town

• 2 weeks later...

She drudged through the snow after Hikoru and smiled. He honestly just wanted to help her, and that made her day. She did her best to maneuver through the frozen sludge as she saw the village in front of her. She could already taste the hot chocolate and became giddy as she imagined the warmth and sweetness of the chocolate. She walked through the town and smiled as they entered the tavern. "I am so ready for this hot chocolate." She said with a blush. She walked to the counter and sat on a bar stool. She looked at the barkeep and asked sweetly. "May I have a glass of hot chocolate please?" She opened up her HUD and took the essence of steel out of her inventory and looked it over. It was beautiful, glimmered in the light, this was the item she needed to improve her armor? The barkeep placed the hot chocolate down and she took a sip. "Mhmm, so good." She said with a sigh.     

Hikoru opened the door for Raina as she entered and sat at the bar. He gave a small smile and sat next to her. She ordered herself some hot chocolate, and he put some col on the bar for the NPC, and gave him a nod. he nodded back and grabbed the Col, pocketing it and giving him a small mug of coffee. He held it up as a cheers and sipped it slowly. In the real world he had always started the day with coffee. Ever since this game, he had only drank it on special occasions. Helping this player seemed like a reward enough, and he decided to treat himself.

"Now, as it seems fair that I helped you, do me a favor and intrigue me with yourself." He said, then cleared his throat, realizing how bad that sounded. "Sorry, i'm not the best with my own words. Tell me about yourself." He said, hoping that the girl wouldn't think wrong of him. He took another sip of coffee, and gave a happy sigh as he reminiced the taste of the coffee, wishing he could really taste it in the real world again.

Raina sipped the hot chocolate and sighed contently as she listen to Hikoru's words. She did not hesitate when he asked to talk about herself, surely someone should know her in case she perishes, right? "My real name is Raina, Raina Lynna Vanille Scylar. I come from a very strict family, one that is probably pissed at me for getting trapped in this game. I am eighteen and a gymnast and dancer. At least I was, " She said as she sighed before continuing, " Now, I guess you can say I am a level 1 Fencer, since I choose to wield a Rapier." She said as she gripped her blade. "I want to beat this game for the young kids who got trapped here with us, they are basically orphans and so many of them have died already. They are my whole reason for fighting, I want them to survive this world, so I need to survive to help them." 

Hikoru nodded and listened quietly. Her reasoning for being in this game were valid, and they made sense. He knew that she would go far in this game if she played it safe. He gave a small sigh and sipped his coffee once more, placing it down and thinking for a moment. This girl had told him everything, but he knew that it wasn't his kind of thing. He was secretive, and that was the way he liked it. He looked at the girl and gave a very, very small smile.

"My name is Hikoru, and I was trapped in here with my brother. I haven't seen hide nor hair of him, but that doesn't make me want to find him more." He said, then his face went grim "I am still on the search of an old friend of mine. I made a promise to a dying friend, and I intend to keep it. I've had three deaths of close friends so far, and I made a promise to myself to stop deaths as much as I can. I need to get stronger, and if I don't I know that my weakness will cause more deaths." He said, then he looked at the time. It was getting late, and he needed to go train. He took a last chug of coffee and placed it down, felt that he had said enough for this evening. "Alright, I must be off. Stay safe, and get stronger to be able to hold yourself." He said with a small nod, then started to leave the bar.

Raina listened to the tragic tale this player spun. His brother was trapped with him and he had no idea where he was. Her heart ached at the words the man spoke. He had lost track of his brother and list so friend, all to this death game. The man finished his coffee, stood up and turned to leave. Raina stood up quickly and grabbed the man's wrist and spoke, "Wait." She said as she brought him into a hug. As she hugged him she opened her HUD menu and sent him a friend request that way he could always keep track of her. 

She slowly released the man and continued. "You will find your brother, I can feel it." She said in her angelic voice. She waved the man goodbye and walked across the wooden floor towards the door. She turned back and gave a bright smile before heading outside to the warp crystal.