[f2-pp] the ren <<let there be light>> (atzo, ren)

Ren sat on a fountain in the middle of the town. Listening to everyone around him, he hears laughing and some arguing. Then out of nowhere he hears someone crying “Can someone, anyone help me my child is missing” the voice said. Ren looked around to see where the voice is coming from. All of a sudden the voice was right in front of him. There stood a woman crying and said”please sir can you please help me. It my daughter she missing in a cave not too far from here. I am worried sick for her and i fear the worst has happened”. Ren looked at the woman trying to get her to calm down some so he can understand what all has happened. The woman looked to have calmed down some. “My baby and her friends was playing in the cave until they were attacked by a monster. The other kids got away but she is still missing. Please you're my only hope to get her back. My husband is no longer around and i can't look for her on my own so please help me”. Ren looked in her eyes and agreed to help her. “Miss i will get her back don't worry i am going to call my brother for assistance and we will have her back before you know it”. So Ren opened his menu and messaged Atzo saying “Hey little brother i need some help locating a lost child and i was wondering if your free will you help”.

@Atzo

Atzo was in his cabin on the second floor. A fire was burning and he was relaxed. Suddenly, and for the first time, he got a message. It was from Ren “Lord, what did he get himself into now?” He asked himself outloud. “Oh… he must be doing the let there be light quest.” Ren wasn’t too far away so Atzo decided to waist no time. He donned his Leather Coat and equipped Misguidance before leaving his mountain cabin. It was about an hour walk for him between where he was and the safezone. Once he arrived he looked for his brother, but it didn't take long to realize that Ren was probably in the tavern. Walking over there he saw his absence, grabbed a drink and decided to check the center of town. Low and behold he spotted his brother sitting on the fountain. “You know, if you had told me where you were it would have made my life a lot easier.”

@ren-sama

Happy to see Atzo, Ren jumps up and gives Atzo a hug. Then proceeded to tell Atzo the quest he was given. “What do you think little Atzo will you help me on this mission?”. Ren explained that he was not sure where the cave is at and that it would be good brother bonding time between him and Atzo. Ren jested that they start walking towards the road that leads out of town. While walking Ren looks at Atzo saying “Sorry about not telling you where i was at i was so excited that this is my first quest and how hard is this quest Atzo”. Ren stopped really quick and looked down and there was a rock. Ren picked up the rock and showed Atzo before he put it in his bag. Then continued to walk. “So where is this cave Atzo” said Ren. Then Ren started to whistle a tune he use to do when they were kids.

@Atzo

Atzo chuckled “I don’t mind helping you out, Ren. Maybe I will be able to save you this time” He equipped Cloak of the Changing Tide, Amulet of the Damned, Misguidance, and The Faces of the Damned. He felt the powerful presence of the equipment modifying his abilities. “Don’t worry We will get this taken care of very quick. Follow me, I have been there before. Oh and don’t attack until I say, otherwise you may get killed very quickly, that wouldn’t be a good thing for anyone.” They walked through the wooded mountains, in the direction of his house. It was going to be a long walk and they would diverge from the path a couple time before they reached it. Atzo knew this, he remembered when Shield had carried him trough. This would be undoubtedly similar, though Atzo knew that he would have to hit before Ren in order to successfully combat the hate gain. Maybe he should invest in howl.

@ren-sama

Ren smiled and thank little Atzo. Ren listened as Atzo told him not to attack only when he tells him too. So Ren agreed and followed Atzo. Ren looked at his little brother in amazement on how much he has grown. “Hey Atzo.” Ren said. “How are you holding up since this stuff had happened.”. Ren grabbed out a cookie out of his bag and started to munch on it. He looked worried about Atzo with fear of losing brother to this game. But at same time he felt at peace because the forest and the mountains look so beautiful and that he is able to watch over little Atzo. “Do you know what we will be expecting on this mission?” Ren asked. Still smiling trying to hide the concern from his face trying not worry little Atzo. He continued to walk behind Atzo trying to figure out how to tell his brother on the things he done fearing that Atzo won't look at him the same.@Atzo

Ren was right behind him, Atzo slowed down to alow for better conversations. Sometime Atzo forgot how fast he walked, he could easily walk three miles an hour with his weight on his back. “Sense the game started? I’ve been doing okay, though I have been doing a lot of self reflection. I have a girlfriend, I have a life I want to keep here, I am trying to be a better person.” He looked over at Ren “Well will be expecting Complete darkness and to fight two bats.” Ren looked concerned and sad. Maybe even in remorse “What’s wrong Ren? You know you can tell me anything. If there is something you are feeling upset about sometimes it is good to tell someone you trust, that way they can help you figure things out.” He gave Ren a genuine smile, Ren was possibly the only person that could tell if Atzo was being genuine or not. That is, if Ren was paying attention.

@ren-sama

Ren looked at Atzo who was slowing down. Then Ren  chuckled, “i'm glad your doing great little Atzo and you have a girlfriend!!! Who is she, is she nice, is she strong And smart?” said Ren with joy in his voice then reached over to ruffle up Atzo hair. Ren then smiled and said “So this quest not to bad then?”. Ren heard Atzo asking him what's wrong and that he can tell him anything that was troubling him. But all Ren could do was look at Atzo and smiled saying “Everything is okay little Atzo i'm more interested in hearing about you and your girlfriend.” Ren laughed and gave a big smile to Atzo. Ren was proud of Atzo and said “So when do i get to meet her”. Ren was happy for his brother. Then he continued to eat his cookie and asked “How far is this cave?”.

@Atzo

Atzo was unsure of Ren’s excitement over Raina, though Ren had already met her. “Remember Raina? She is my girlfriend. I will let you make your own evaluation of who she for yourself.” He said with a blush as he thought about her but it quickly went away. “I would rather focus on what is bugging you mate. If we keeping going the way we are, it will eat at you forever. I don’t need you being driving into madness.” He looked at the bag of cookies and back to Ren “How about this? Humor me and tell me what is wrong I will see if I can’t convince Raina to cook you a fresh batch of red velvet cookies when we all get together next how’s that sound?” they were reaching the cave entrance, though Atzo stopped to finish talking before they entered. The sudden darkness was unnatural and intimidating. Though Atzo remained unafraid.

@ren-sama

Ren look at Atzo with drool on his face thinking about red velvet cookies. Then he wiped his face and bowed his head then tears started to come to Ren's eyes. Next thing Ren knew he had dropped to his knees screaming “I feel like a failure. To you, to Solomon, to everyone i cared about. Everyone gets hurt because of me!! That car crash because of me and the people i run with. I tried so hard to keep them from knowing that we were related so that stuff wouldn't happen. Remember when i left for awhile it because with in that time i became a very dangerous person then the yakuzas of our city taken a shine to me and had me join them. I messed up so much that it's really kills me inside every night i sleep i dream of everything.”. Ren tried to dry up his tears and stood up and tried to calm down even tho it's difficult for him to at this point.

@Atzo

STOP” Atzo said in a stern and forceful but not angry tone grabbing Ren by the collar and pulling him to his feet. “I know, and Knew you were part of them. You never failed me! I’m fact you didn’t hurt Solomon. I did. You may have been the reason those people tried to hit us, but you know I am a good driver and would have avoided that. I WAS THE ONE THAT FORCE SOLOMON TO DRIVE THAT DAY. And I have to live with that. So pick up your feet and lift your head. Look me in the eyes.” Atzo had a familiar fire, one Ren saw all too often. It didn’t always bring Ren comfort, Atzo knew this, but it was familiar, a staple of them from the past. “You serve me and I serve you the same. You know how our relationship works it has been this way for a long time. Look into my eyes and acknowledge your King” Atzo had a leader like tone, one that made people want to do what he said. Another thing Ren was used to. “Take not what you have for granted, Brother” Atzo turned Toward the cave opening glancing at Ren and nodding. He drew Misguidance prepared for battle and dashed into the cave just slow enough that Ren could keep close behind him.

@ren-sama

Edited by Atzo

Ren look Atzo in the eye and seen fire that flared was far to familiar. Rens face had a surprise excretion for he did not expected this from Atzo. Ren then started to calm after atzo torn him a new one. After Atzo letted go of his collar Ren stood on his own and asked “How'd you know Atzo i tried hard to keep it a secret from you and a lot of people”. Ren started to scratch the back of his head while clearing his face tears he then had a feel of motivation from the words of his brother. Hearing the word “acknowledge your king” made Ren smile and said “I understand my king, my brother, i will follow you into the pits of the underworld if you beckon of me”. Ren drawn his sword to follow his king to the cave, there will be a fight to happen and he plans to protect Atzo with his life.

@Atzo

• 3 weeks later...

Atzo approached the familiar spot. The darkness surrounded them and seemed to intensify the fire they left off on. “We are getting close Ren, Don’t attack until I get a few hits in. That way you won’t be targeted by their attacks. I can certainly take the damage, so don't worry about that.” Atzo squinted his eyes trying to see the two large bats. It was, however, near impossible given the complete darkness around them. “I knew I should have brought a torch.” Atzo said before the sound of flapping wings could be heard. “Bingo” Atzo lunged for the bats, but tripped, he was able to use this fall to avoid being hit, but he was unhappy with the start of this battle. Still, he needed to focus in order to protect Ren. It wasn’t going to be hard, Atzo was a master of Evasion, it was more of the problem in terms of time. The longer the battle raged the worse off Atzo would be when it came to damage. Though now was not the time to worry with energy conservation.

@ren-sama

ID# 80663

Spoiler

Battle 1-1=1 (Fail)

Mob 2 (Fail)

Stats

Spoiler

Ren 4/4 Hp | 4/4 EN | 2 Dmg [H:0]

Atzo 240/240 Hp | 26/26 En | 6 DMG | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Savvy | 1 LM | 1 Bleed [H:0]

Giant Bat 1 50/50 Hp | 20 Dmg

Giant Bat 2 50/50 Hp | 20 Dmg

Edited by Atzo

Ren followed behind Atzo where they were surrounded by complete darkness. Ren tried to stay close to his brother for neither of them carried a torch. Ren then heard Atzo say something about “bringing a torch but was more focused on the flapping of wings coming from the front of them. Ren heard Atzo go in for an attack but then the sound of a body hitting the floor. “Atzo are you okay? Did you get one.” said Ren. Ren tried his hardest to not attack like Atzo said to him. It was difficult thing to do for Atzo is still his little brother no matter what lvl they are. Ren drawn out his sword and prepared himself for what is to come. Ren stayed put on where he was at did not budge a muscle till Atzo say otherwise. “Atzo?” Ren said “talk to me bro whats goin on.”.

Edited by ren-sama

There was a sudden pause. The air fell silent. Atzo could feel their presence. Activating Fight Blade he hit a bat six times. The flash of the dark ruby and sapphire aura that he produced with the sword art was blinding. He needed it to be. Even though there was one bat now on the ground he saw the other one coming. It was an unavoidable attack, but Atzo wouldn’t let Ren know that. He positioned himself so that the bat would hit him at the same point as the other hit the ground. He held in the battle cry that was building inside of him. “I am alright Ren, Stay back until I get at least one more hit. That way I don't have to worry about you getting hit.” He hated making his brother weight back like this, and Atzo knew that Ren was getting antsy. He just hoped that Ren could keep his cool for long enough that Atzo could gain full Aggro.

@ren-sama

ID# 80666

Spoiler

Battle 5+2+1+1-1=9 (hit) [DMG=6*6=36] (+stun) 

Mob 10 [DMG= mob 2 22 to Atzo | Mob 1 Stunned]

Stats

Spoiler

Ren 20/20 Hp | 4/4 EN | 2 Dmg [H:0]

Atzo 248/260 Hp | 18/26 En | 6 DMG | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Savvy | 1 LM | 1 Bleed [H:1]

Giant Bat 1 14/50 Hp | 20 Dmg (stunned) 

Edited by Atzo

Ren sitting in the dark and can't see anything he heard a screech. The sound of blade hitting beast has a different sound then a miss. Ren closed his eye and waited for his brothers word. “ What's goin on Atzo everything okay?” Ren said. Ren had a tighter grip on his sword ready and waiting for Atzos word to attack. Ren needs to be stronger to protect Atzo and everyone he cares about. Ren continued to listen and wait for the perfect timing to attack. But Ren is nervous about it he is scared to mess up which could end up hurting them both. “Hey Atzo” Ren said “After this let's get a drink or some food” Ren laughed. The sound of the flapping of the bats wing started to irritate Ren where he can't wait till there dead. Ren wished he had a torch or some light source so he could see. Ren kneeled down but still ready to strike.

Edited by ren-sama
  • 2 weeks later...

Atzo listed to Ren’s words and nodded, knowing that Ren couldn’t see it. “I would be alright with that.” Atzo swung at the bat, Misguidance was not meant for this type of fighting and missed the beast. Lucky for him there was a small squeak as the beast fled from the swinging sword. “Go ahead and attack but be cautious. I don't need you getting hit, or worse, Killed while I am assisting you.” Atzo jumped back to allow Ren room to strike, He could feel the game mechanics assisting him, he had activated both light momentum and savvy with this last round. “If nothing else” he thought “I will be able to take one out next attack” He hoped that this would turn up better though he didn’t have high hopes, it was possible that they would be there all day, and it was clear that Ren did not feel comfortable being in the cave, the uncertainty would be unsettling for most people.

@ren-sama

ID# 81886

Spoiler

Battle 3+2-1=4 (Miss) [Proc Savvy]

Mob 4 (Miss) [Proc LM]

Stats

Spoiler

Ren 20/20 Hp | 4/4 EN | 2 Dmg [H:0]

Atzo 248/260 Hp | 16/26 En | 6 DMG | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Savvy | 1 LM | 1 Bleed [H:1]

Giant Bat 1 14/50 Hp | 20 Dmg 

Giant Bat 2 50/50 Hp | 20 Dmg

Edited by Atzo

Ren followed his brothers word and heard his brother move back just enough for him to attack. Rens sword connected with the beast but Ren knew he won't do much damage for he is a lower level but he can still do his part and help his brother. After he attacked ren moved back for Atzo to make his next move. Ren got back on one knee getting prepared to strike again. There is a possible chance that Ren may get hit so he has to be prepared for anything to come. Ren laughed and said “atzo i did it, i actually hit?”. Ren went back to having a serious look on his face and said “ let's wipe the floor with these low lives”. Ren sees the monsters as bullies praying on the weak and innocent. Ren always hated bullies and taken care of them not fearing the reprocaution. But now he has to worry for not just his sake but his brothers too.

Battle 7-1=6(hit)

Ren 20/20 Hp | 4/4 EN | 2 Dmg [H:1]

Atzo 248/260 Hp | 16/26 En | 6 DMG | 3 Eva | 2 Acc | 1 Savvy | 1 LM | 1 Bleed [H:1]

Giant Bat 1 12/50 Hp | 20 Dmg 

Edited by ren-sama