[OP-F1] Being newby is for newbs.

Katrina, or 'KoolKat' as her username says, was strutting out of the gates of the starting city. She was only level one and had starting equipment, but she had a very dominant air about her to anyone nearby. Her face looked concentrated as she prepared to go and train on the /petty/ boars outside of the starting town. She looked a lot like a girl robin hood, but with a large, one-sided battleaxe slung onto her back and a pouch with obvious throwing knife handles sticking out from it strapped on her lower thigh. Someone may recognize her from her gaming videos with face-cams, as she was semi famous with 1.5 million subscribers before getting trapped in SAO.

(Make sure to check out my journal for Kat's full appearance ;) )

As Kat was walking from the town, there were various groups of players standing around, ready to go and fight monsters themselves. As Kat walked one of these groups there was this teen guy that whistled low. "Dang girl, you look nice in that outfit," the teen said. Kat, without even looking back, gave him a rude hand gesture from over her shoulder wearing a sneer as she kept heading out towards the far fields. Kat didn't like newbs. Especially newbs that thought they were on her level.

Max loved taking naps in the trees, it was quite and away from the hustle and bustle of the town, most often players couldn't find you to disturb the nap and those pesky boars left you alone. On this day in between naps max notice a player headed towards the field by his tree. "Great just what I need someone grinding boars while I try and catch some sleep again"

Miaki was returning from the <> where he was helping a few players with the combat training. He was tired but and starting to question his sanity for working with such mindless players. He was trying his hardest not to bang his head against a wall in frustration. "That's the last time I work with such newbies again. I can't believe one of them didn't know how to open his weapons and armor menu!" He thought he was starting to hallucinate when he saw a face he recognized from the real world.

"This might be a stupid question, but uhh are you 'KoolKat' Katrina? The RTS pro gamer?"

Kat was starting to break away from the groups of people standing around and getting into the fields when she heard someone walk up from behind her and ask if she was 'KoolKat' from the real world instead of some wannabee. Kat stopped and spun on one heel to face the guy. Kat looked him up and down for nearly half a minute, then she spoke. "Yeah. I am. What about it, newb? You want to sign that stupid fedora of yours? Better yet, you can come help your idol train. Some of the moves I've got in mind require a second person."

Kat would turn back around and start heading back out into the fields after she was done talking, not waiting for the guy's answer.

Miaki unknowingly ran his hand along the rim of his fedora. 'Stupid?' He thought to himself. 'Who does she think she is? Just cause she has over a million followers she thinks she is all that?' He followed Katrina towards some monsters. "Guess they were right when they say 'beware meeting your idols.'" He muttered to himself. 'Need another person huh? I'll show you what a member of the assault team can do.' He opened up his skill set to make sure everyone was in order.

Kat would be heading towards a boar, stopping and looking it over. It looked stupid and pathetic. Kat then spoke to the fedora-dude. "All right, Newb, I want you stand between me and that boar, just outside of its aggro range and cup your hands together to do a boost jump. Then you can watch and learn what I'm made of." Kat said matter-of factly, reaching into the pouch at her side and producing a throwing knife while unslinging her axe from her back with the other hand. Kat then took the axe with both hands,one hand up high and one hand down low,the knife in the lower hand and pressed against the handle of the axe, waiting for the fedora-dude to toss her.

Miaki walked towards where Katrina indicated. "Alright. Sure. I'll play ball." Miaki buttoned up his trench coat, cupped his hands over each other, and got low to the ground for Katrina's maneuver. "Let's see what you've got KoolKat." Miaki gave a small smirk. 'Lets see if this cat has some claws.'

Kat smirked to herself and started sprinting at the fedora-dude. As Kat gained speed she hopped into fedora-dude's cupped hands, and as he launched her, in the split second it took him to throw her, she spoke as she flew over his head."Don't look up my skirt, perv."

While Kat started to launch into the air, she tossed her axe ahead of her into the air, grasping the throwing knife into her right hand and throwing it in a straight line instead of end over end into the ground to the side of the boar. The knife landed in the dirt with a 'thunk'. The boar turned to look at it, its side wide open for Kat. Kat also had the 'Hiding' ability, and since she broke the line of sight with the boar, her and her shadow were invisible to it. Kat had now caught up to her axe, which had slowed down because of gravity, and grasping it, started to activate an ability. The blade glowed an evergreen green as Kat was ready to use 'Rend'- An ability that cuts off body parts. As Kat was coming back down, for finesse, she did a front flip, adding momentum onto her attack as her axe's range lashed out first, hitting the boar on the top of the neck and following through, cleaving through its entire neck and beheading the monster. Kat landed with a 'thump' as she folded her legs and went down to her knees to take all of the momentum, as the monster shattered into pixels in front of her.

Kat then stood and spun on a heel, swiping the peace sign across her eyes with a hand while winking and raising one leg behind her, her axe in her free hand, making a pose to top of her moves.

The first floor truly was the grand introduction to the world of Aincrad. With vast, sweeping fields of green, stretching to a crystal clear lake that bordered the Starting City, it could be breathtaking if you took the time to appreciate it. This day in particular was magnificent, the virtual sunlight blazing through the true-blue sky, digital birds in the digital trees twittering digital songs.

The day's beauty was not lost on Kane, who was in this particular area for a reason. Rumors had been spreading of a special <>, an enemy that was reported to be a re-color of the standard <> mob monster, that dropped an uncommon item. Kane was hunting around for the creature, having read in an information broker's report that this area in particular was where they had been seen before.

Kane was moving forward up a hill in the sector that the special monster had been sighted, his gear giving him away as a serious fighter who wasn't a simple craftsman or broker. No, his dark green tunic and drab trousers were adorned with throwing dagger belts and armor; a pair of <> clanked softly on stones and gravel as he walked, and the hands that he ran though his dark blonde hair were covered by a pair of <>, special gauntlets that allowed the user to double their lifting strength. A <> covering his vitals, with a single over-sized pauldron on his left shoulder to discourage beheading strikes. Speaking of oversized, the most visible cue to his martial prowess was the enormous blade that was slung across his back. The sword looked too heavy to possibly wield well, its cross-guard made of a motif of a bird and a bat wing. The metal it was forged from glinted brightly in the light of day, pale celadon ripples washing over the odd material.

Coming over the hill, Kane -humph-'d softly as he saw a group of <>, and a familiar face standing just outside their range. It was his friend Miaki, with whom he'd adventured before. He seemed to be speaking to a girl, whose body language and raised tone made it clear that she wasn't the sweet type. She had a familiar face, but Kane couldn't place it. Maybe I've met her before in here? Or maybe I've seen her on the outside? It didn't matter, since it looked like the two were about to do a maneuver. He watched as she flipped through the air like an acrobat, obviously used to the mechanics of battle. As she posed, Kane walked into her line of sight, eyebrows raised. "That was a pretty neat trick. Hey Miaki," he called out, "Who's your friend?"

Before Miaki could answer, Kat made a disgusted face and gagging sound. "Ewwwwwwww! Facial hair. You should shave that off. It looks uber-disgusting." Kat said, recoiling from Shaggy-dude. Kat continued speaking. "At least we've got someone else to be another human obstacle for me to finesse on."

Kat turned to Miaki and spoke."Since we've got another newb, I can't exactly call you newb anymore. Instead, I will call you 'Fedora Newb' and the other guy 'Shaggy Newb'."She laughed at her own antics before spinning back around to go retrieve her dagger.

OOC: Oops, forgot to update Kane's appearance. I'll just assume you meant what you said though. =\

Kane almost couldn't process how rude this girl had just been to him. Besides, he barely had any scruff! Looking at Miaki, the fedora'd fighter looked none too pleased either at the female's impudence. Watching her bounce across his line of sight to retrieve her dagger, Kane suddenly remembered who she was. Katrina, a German pro gamer who had become a YouTube star under the moniker "Koolkat". There had been some buzz around the fact that she'd been gearing up to play Sword Art Online at its release, and it appeared that the rumors were true. Judging by her equipment, though, Katrina's level in the game so far was probably under 10, a far cry from the beta testers and dedicated front-liners. It occurred to Kane that little miss abrasive-pants might need a lesson in humility.

Clapping a slow, sardonic clap, Kane stood facing the axe-wielding pro gamer. "I know you! You're that German gamer girl, Kit-Kat, right? Would you mind sparring with me? I'm a huge fan of your work." The unspoken challenge hung in the air; if she refused, it would look like it was out of fear. Kane had judged her temperament, and believed that she was the aggressive type.

"Oh silly Shaggy Newb, it's KoolKat, not Kit-Kat. I'll excuse your screw up because you're obviously a newb if you don't know my name, and the little newby pixels of yours aren't worth being shed onto my axe." Kat would say, making a face of mock sympathy, pouting a bit. "If you admire me so much you can stand around and act like a obstacle for my finesse, like my good newb, Fedora Newb, here. It's about all you guys can do that could make me appreciate you in any way." Kat would continue as she shed her mock sympathy and went to her usual sneer.

Kat retrieved her knife from the ground where it had landed. Kat spun on a heel to see the last of some facial expression drain away from Kane's face as he noticed her spinning around. Kat puckered up her lips and scrunched her eyes as she thought to herself, then shrugged. Alright newbs, time to go do more training.Giddy up!" Kat exclaimed before she started heading towards the next nearest boar with a smile plastered on her face.

Kane sighed aloud. The brat was racing ahead, about to skewer another <> with her knives. He unhooked his blade from its harness. "Ehh, might as well. I'm looking for a specific type of red boar, lemme know if you see it, okay?" As they walked, he pointed out the bird of prey on Miaki's shoulder. "Well that's new! When did you become a Beast Tamer?"

"Hmmmm?" Miaki looked over his shoulder at Kane keeping close behind. "Oh you haven't met Silverwing yet have you? Keith Yudai helped me find him on the 5th floor out in the wastelands." Miaki looked around the nearby area with boars out in the distance. "Why are you looking for some red boar on this floor?"