[PP:F1:Complete] When one foot's in the graue... W/ Cyrus

Kisodeth had woken up startled as she had nearly done every day the past week. Her mind and thoughts were that of a jumbled mess as soon as she woke up, but then it would slow down to a dullness where she clearly reminded herself she was stuck in a VR environment. There was that expression 'one foot in the grave,' that was constantly on her mind as she found herself in this world. It was logical to presume that everyone here was at least half dead, any wrong move or decision would inherently destroy them. Taking a few deep breaths, the female calmed herself wrapping her body up in the sheets of the cheap inn's bed and then one again fell against the pillow. Her sapphire blue eyes would blink away the drowsiness of her waking state. She could use a bit of coffee and even some breakfast, but with funds rapidly disappearing she would eventually have to go out and earn herself a living. She had groaned as her body moved, legs falling out of the sheets and her barefeet touching the cold floor sending goosebumps up the tank top dressed female. Her lustrous black hair spilling off her shoulder and towards her back as she gave the silken strands a quick shake as it seemed to bounce back into shape, no bad hair days here it seemed for her.

Her hand pressed on the ghostly control panel of her menu as her fingers shifted to her basic equipment. Eyes followed each item with her finger as her body was flecked with light as items were 'dressed' upon her figure till she was fully clothed. She would need to update her armor someday soon as well as her sword, but for now, this mediocre equipment would have to do. Fiddling with the doorknob, the door had begun to creak open and shut behind her with just as much noise. She had been frequenting this establishment since her time in the game, the room was cheap enough and the food although not stellar, was at least edible. With that also came her notoriousness throughout the Inn, everyone who came by to place knew of Kisodeth and her ill temper. Players moved out of the way when she was around after the incident during the first night where she had kicked a guy in the belly down a flight of stairs for hitting on her. Ever since that night, she has had a reputation and that was something she did not mind. People who left her to her own devices were safe from her unholy wrath and by the Gods if anyone should piss her off again; she'll rain down calamity until you are six feet under. 

As she touched down from the final stair of the Inn, the woman looked around. Her dark lips churned into a wicked smile as the players moved away as she moved with a malevolent aura about her. She would take her seat in the back and wait for her morning coffee and cake. That was how it was done every morning since then, and nothing would dare to change that. 

@Cyrus

Edited by Kisodeth

It had only been a day or two since Cyrus had been pulled away from reality and thrown into SAO. No that was wrong... this world was his new reality and he adapted to it fairly quickly. Rather than jumping into things with both feet right off the bat he resorted to doing some research first. Testing out systems, learning combat, and exploring the surrounding area of the starting city became his only focus. Forming alliances and making friends wasn't going to do him much good in the beginning. Everyone started at level 1 there was no real way to know just who would push you or drag you down. He wasn't too hard pressed on making long lasting friends just yet. People worth allying himself with would show up over time regardless. In the next few days it would be clear to tell just who the real survivors will be. There was always that hanging question if death really would be final in this game. Not wanting to find out first had he would take every threat serious and make every decision count. Despite his serious outlook on the way he would handle this new world Cyrus still wanted to enjoy himself along the way. If he was going to be living here it would have to be worthwhile. There were already plans developing in his head. To reach his goal he would need to start questing and soon. He was already falling behind by waiting.

Removing himself from his thoughts the young man realized he was closer to his destination than he realized. This inn had been recommended to him by an NPC and so he would check it out. Sometimes there was hidden information in the word of NPC but most of the time it was just rambling to make the game seem alive. Either way Cyrus was now upon the door pushing it open. Maybe there was an item hidden in the corners or possibly a quest. Entering the inn something told him he wasn't going to find anything. The inn was filled with other players and they probably already combed the place over. Without much motivation at this point he just checked a few corners. Not finding much or even a quest to follow the white haired male just chose a seat closer to the back before bringing up his menu. He spent the next few moment looking through his gear and such with a grimace on his face. All of his gear was unsatisfactory to him. He would start grinding tomorrow. If all went well with his plans he would be making some rapid improvements.

When the door of the inn opened, Kisodeth had already been drinking her black coffee and raising it to her lips. There was a figure, a person, and unfamiliar someone stepping upon her territory already. She sipped her coffee and followed the male with her eyes, keeping tabs on him like a crow as his body moved closer towards the back. In the forefront of her mind, the Mistress of Pain knew if this guy made any sort of contact with her, she would have to set him straight. Coming in here, this was her Inn...people had to know their place in this world rather quickly to condition them. But he had moved in another direction away from her; solid idea on his part not to engage in frivolous conversation with her. Her eyes wandered away from the individual and back on her coffee, once more bringing it up to her lips and drinking the brew. 

The warm liquid settled in her belly as she was now transfixed on her menu, much like the new person who had just come in. From the corner of her eyes she looked curiously at him, that face he gave...It was sort of the same reflected look she had when she noticed her poor stats. Being a level one character had some benefits, you were an unbroken character and your skill points were still available. She had yet to decide her path, but if she wanted to be a solo player she would need weapon for damage and possibly a shield as well for mitigation purposes. She had envisioned herself in some kind of dark, heavy armor and perhaps a straight sword for ease of use. Perhaps not the most powerful from what she had read in the guidebook, but enough choices to offer a plethora of situational strikes that could come handy. However, playing this game solo was going to be dangerous work. It was a double edged sword when it came up to pairing yourself with someone else. You needed to know they could trust you and you them, but right now, there was no one she could trust with her life on the line. Which meant that being by yourself was the safest bet. 

It also made things rather difficult and tedious as well. Solo players tend level slower, but on their own pace and terms while being the more dangerous path. Having a partner along to help alleviate the hate of the mob would be a good idea, but they could always turn and stab you in the back. She was slightly paranoid about that idea...so she would need to keep an eye out for someone who would possibly not lead her on like that. Perhaps some kind of test or a deal she can work out with someone? If it was a symbiotic relationship, then she could power level rather quickly. The question though...was who could fill that gap? She snorted to herself, these low lifes didn't seem or look like survivors. Especially that kid she kicked down the flight of stairs last week. He wasn't going to live very long. No, Kisodeth needed someone with a strong will to survive and brutal player who would not play mind games. Just brutal honesty. Her fingers weaved into one another as her eyes scanned the room, once again they had fallen to the player with the white hair. Odd to have white hair, that platinum blonde thing must be a hit where he lives. @Cyrus

Cyrus remained sitting at his seat for quite a while actually. As he eyed his hear he was imagining the many paths that he could take his starting gear. Personally he favored high speed and high attack this usually left him with low defense. To balance this out however any other skills in between he tried to get above average. This play style wasn't exactly original but being a tank wasn't something he could see himself ever doing. Being the tip of the sword in combat was a thrill for him and this was back when he was 'behind the screen'. And this didn't change now that he was on the other side of the screen. Fear was not something that rattled him in the slightest. There was no point to phobias for him. Of Of course he still felt fear but it was more just the catalyst to pump him full of adrenaline than anything else. Even now faced with death. Fear would not push him to make irrational decisions or keep him from taking that extra leap. He was very aware of his surroundings and this would prove useful on the battlefield. It would keep him aware of when he need to just take a step back or two before losing that last bit of health. 

Speaking of that awareness seemed to be coming in handy now also. If you knew what you were looking for anyone could see what was going on. Everyone else seemed to be giving the figure at the back a wide berth. It was something he sort of picked up on when he first walked in. Not that he was giving her space on purpose. This table just happened to be the first one that caught his eye. Still he was closer to Kisodeth than any other player in the tavern. Taking full note of what was going on the young man took a break from weeping internally at his pathetic gear. Instead he turned to get a better look at the figure. It was a woman actually. It wasn't a complete surprise this world was full of previous girl gamers that could kick some butt. However it was obvious that something happened previously to have rattled the other men in the tavern. 

When he turned to eye the figure he also caught her looking at him. But why? Quickly reviewing his actions in his head it was safe to conclude that he had not done anything in particular to piss her off. And so without any hesitation he just looked back at the woman sizing her up. Despite the obvious signs that he probably shouldn't just be looking at her he did it anyways. It wasn't done so in a disrespectful way it was more so curiosity than anything. Finally he broke the silence. He wasn't stupid. There was no need to antagonize her but he did need to feed his own curiosity. So a slight compliment and a joke would probably be a good middle ground. "You must have knocked quite a few heads to earn this much respect."

Their gaze had been locked on by one another. She narrowed her blue eyes to give the male a disdainful look in his general direction as he kept an eye on her for those brief few moments that passed by. But she was rather guilty of looking at him as well, in such their gaze had met each other. She looked away and down at the cup of hot coffee in front of her, then he spoke catching her attention. Dark hair moved from her shoulder to behind as she gave the male another look, "And a few more if you keep those eyes on me any longer," she said with a mild tone. Her eyes moved away from her coffee as she looked him over, he didn't seem threatened by her, but he didn't know her but he made the assumption she might have been a trouble maker by the choice of words he used. 

She shrugged her shoulders, she would play this out and see what happened. Would he be another weak worm, or someone who would actually stand up to her. Taking the half cup of coffee with her, the woman twisted her body out of her seat and moved towards the male and his table. She sat down across from him and crossed her legs over under the table. She gave him a blank stare at first and then a sardonic look, "You got something else to say to me? Perhaps you haven't figured it out because you are new here, but this is kinda MY Inn. Not that I own it, but I own it. Capice?" The woman picked up her coffee and sipped at it again, somehow it retained the heat even after so long, but she was mildly curious about this guy, "Looks like you at least have some balls on you. I don't see you crying for your mommy or contemplating suicide like some other losers around here. People have been bitching and moaning about this place for a week now since the start and I don't see them doing anything to better their lives. So that leads to a few things as far as I can tell from you." 

The woman shifted her leg underneath the table once more, sitting comfortable as she drank from her coffee cup. She had him figured as a few different types, "You probably came to terms rather quickly about your situation and now you are just dealing with it. Perhaps even going so far as taking the easy way out? You'll just sit and relax while the others clear the game? Or maybe, you actually want to do something with your life here? Could you even call this hell a life? I don't honestly care, but I can see you haven't bent over and taking it up the ass as some anal [censored] would when faced with such a dangerous situation. You have a strong will; so the question is...How badly do you wanna survive and how badly do you wanna get out of this game?" She sipped from her coffee cup once again, keep her eyes trained on the individual and his body language. @Cyrus

Cyrus never looked away for a moment when her fierce eyes intensified their gaze. It was right then that he knew how interesting their conversation was going to be. If he didn't speak it was possible that they would have just gone their separate ways. It's funny how a few words and a look could open up a conversation with a stranger. It was all in how you handled each situation. Long dark hair it moved rather realistically. It was one of a few of her traits that he took notice of. Her threat fell on deaf ears as he continued to look. There was not even a hint of a flinch. Despite not doing too much in the way of hunting down loot he was still a good match for a fellow newbie. There was no reason to fear her but there were reasons to respect her. And so he would at least show a little respect despite her reckless mouth. 

It was no surprise that she finally got up when Cyrus refused to break his look in her direction. She wasn't just a talker she was also about her actions as well. Very good. There were so many players that could talk a good game but do less. Usually the ones that spoke less were able to back up the few words they spoke.  Even if the woman in front of him was making a show of trying to assert her dominance. It was too bad that Cyrus had his own alpha like personality and would not submit to it. "I don't have much to say to you really just observing for now. You can keep the inn I have no interest in it." The way he spoke held confidence. Like if he really wanted the inn he would just take it from her anyways. A hidden challenge to her self claimed authority. "But yes, I do have a pair on me. I have come to terms with our new reality. I used to play video games before. I've already learned the basics of how things work. And honestly I don't see the point in losing yourself to fear. If there are those that fear dying in this world then they should stay out of the way and let everyone else do our thing." Caught off guard by his own words he paused for a moment. This was how he really felt he just never said it out loud before. Honestly being trapped in a game was every gamer's dream. Speaking again there was less passion and ferocity in his tone but rather calm and collected. "I'm only still here because I was collecting information. Now that I'm done investigating I have full plans on joining the front lines you can bet on that."

Despite his comfort with being trapped there was still the fact that his body would start turning on itself if left in it's current state for too long. This was something he realized. Essentially whatever happened in the outside world his time in SAO wasn't indefinite. "And what about you huh?" Now the tables had turned on her. Leaning forward on the table he looked her right in the eyes once again holding his gaze with his silver eyes. "Are you planning to be Queen of the Taverns of floor 1? I doubt something so mediocre wouldn't be satisfying." He added some teasing at the end just to lighten the mood some. "At least try to take over the taverns on the higher levels. They're probably nicer looking." A smile. A small grin stretched his face. All of her badass attitude didn't faze him in the slightest. 

"I agree to some extent, and the Front Lines? You mean those peddlers risking their lives to help beat this world? Don't make me laugh. They'll die to bosses without strategy, nothing good will come of it. I just want to survive, and I must survive at any cost but I have no desire to join those who wish to risk their life to save everyone else. I am not a goddamn hero nor do I wish to be. But if I can be strong enough to survive on my own and accumulate power through fear, then perhaps there will be something else for me to entertain my life while being here. But the so called 'front lines' a measly shamble of newbies trying to fight their way to the top...Not for me." 

The woman placed both hands on the table to grab her hot cup of coffee. She drank from the contents as it warmed her body once more, and her eyes had now looked away from the player in front of her. She had come to a few conclusions about this person and a few assumptions as well which she cared neither for. The important factor among this though was that he had no fear but he didn't seem stupid either. But that was to be seen, anyone can talk the talk but when you are faced with the most imminent of danger, what will your body do? Piss yourself from the fear or will you steel the nerves you have in you and continue on? He seemed like one of those anti-hero boys that wants to make it in the big leagues. Unfortunately there wasn't much of a front lines assembled at the moment, not even the first floor had been cleared, the boss room hasn't even been found yet and right now everyone was still more or less cowering from fear huddled in their rooms. 

Kisodeth wasn't about the hero's life, she didn't care about any of that, her only true intentions right now where she could get strong enough to survive on her own two feet. The so called 'front lines' had never even crossed her mind because it seemed like a bad deal all around. Someone would have to take charge of team formation and that could go for bad leadership, there could be people much like herself who didn't listen to the power hungry fools and would do their own thing and possibly die in the process. No, that was not her problem, and she would not submit herself to such stupidity. If she was gonna do that, she would need to make things clear that she was the only important person there and that she would do everything she needed to do to survive. This was a game of life and death now, and while there was no movement for the time being in searching for bosses this gave her the time to find her power and conquer what she could from this game.

Her brow arched at his question and she shook her head at his comment, "I don't plan on being the Queen of anything. I dominant what I need to dominant, I don't need people ruining my life here. I am miserable enough. I want to be set free and go home, but I am not stupid enough to be lead to my death by fools. When the higher floors become unlocked, that's great on them. But I am going my own way, I'll do as I please and get stronger the way I want to be stronger not how people dictate that I should. If you want to die on the front lines and have a glorified death, you are more than welcome to follow the path of fools. But I am telling you right now, I haven't seen anyone around that has the balls to lead anyone yet. If you wish to join them when it happens, and die due to failure, be my guest." @Cyrus

Cyrus couldn't help but chuckle for a moment listening to her reasoning. She wasn't exactly wrong in here thinking. There were a lot of valid points however he had a counter argument. Cyrus by no means was a golden boy do gooder knight type of guy. Those were usually the ones to die first in the real world. And SAO would be no different. However in his eyes those that lacked the barest minimum of ambition or drive would just be miserable and alive. Neither one of those options appealed to him. Sitting back in his chair the young man took a moment to gather his thought. His stunning silver eyes looked concentrated for a moment as he stared off. And apparently things came together for him because they quickly returned to Kisodeth. "You're not exactly wrong. However strength and survival is a term that's always changing especially in a game like this. Surviving today might just mean not dying against a super weak mob. But who knows what that will mean tomorrow. Right now everyone has about equal strength and so anyone can do whatever they want."

He checked to see if Kisodeth was following him. There weren't any accusations being thrown around. And he kept his speech vague to avoid an unnecessary argument. It was very likely to come to fists. "The first rule of survival is that the strong rule the weak. If you're strong enough to handle yourself you're less likely to be taken advantage of and now less likely to be killed. I'm sure you're very aware that other players have the ability to kill one another. And unless you plan on staying inside the city your entire time here which would be impossible there's always the possibility to die. So it's most logical to keep up with the leveling of players. If you fall 20 level behind the average level of players you're an easy target. Hell, if you're at average level you're still an easy target for those above average."

The conversation had ignited a bit of passion to his words. It was the first conversation with someone that had real substance to it. So far Cyrus had been keeping to small talk. While he was a very social person the people he came across were usually just weaker self pitying players. They weren't people he really had a reason to talk to. "So to ensure you're survival and your life it's better to at least be right behind the front lines no? Most people in this game will do anything on a whim. 'You bought that rare sword I was gonna buy. So now I'm gonna kill you.' That  This world has no laws. Anyone can commit any inhumane act without consequences. Strength is the only law now. It's a double edged sword really. Because by climbing higher you have to play smarter. But rather than being at the mercy of someone else you're able to control you're own fate. And you don't look like the type of person to let someone else decide your life for you."

Wrapping up his counter argument he somehow felt reassured by his own words. Saying them out loud just reaffirmed his own beliefs. The guy that created SAO had no intentions of making it easy for trapped players to just sit around indefinitely. The conquerors and explorers of this game would always have the advantage. The words he just spoke were part of his reason for climbing he refused to die by the hand of some nerd with social issue. Someone who used to be bullied so now they kill players to feel strong. That would not be the end to his life. "My goals do not lie primarily on the front lines. Perhaps for the first few levels. It will be easier to group up with other players to take down bosses and catch some loot. It will keep me alive. I have my own plans. I've never been a good follower. So I will find my own way of living in this tower. I'm sure I will come across those like minded individuals that aren't foolish enough to run to their deaths but strong enough to not die a simple death. Until then it's better to fly solo and have some associates than to group up and die or be truly alone and die." He wasn't hard pressed to change her opinion of him but he need to correct what was false. She probably viewed him as another mindless hero attempting to be viewed as the 'Chosen One'. It was a fantasy. While fame, power, respect, and riches held some great importance to him he had no intentions of becoming said chosen one. 

Edited by Cyrus

The female laced her fingers with each other as she narrowed her eyes and nodded her head at points in his conversation that she found satisfactory with her way of thinking. Of course not everything he had said was on equal footing with her thoughts but she would not label him wrong for thinking of so. But it was addressed that he would be no hero of the land of Aincrad, and for that she gave him a small bit of respect or what she would call respect for him. She rubbed her thighs when one leg was lifted over the other again. Those blue oculars received his body language and she took another long sip of her black coffee, this morning had become quite interested indeed. 

"After reviewing what you had said, I believe you and I might be on good terms at least for the time being. You are right, it would be better to go this solo for now since the world outside us has such a feeble mind. However, we might share in the same side of coin. We might be able to work out a partnership that would be mutually agreeable for the both of us. I will be honest with you, I can be a cut throat liar and a deceiving bitch. But, I know when I can use an...how do I put this? An ally in the midst of this world. We have a harmonizing thought process which is suitable to my liking and while I do not agree with everything you have said, there is enough there to lay a very thin foundation of trust between the two of. We both want the same thing, perhaps different goals; but we both want power and we both want to survive." 

The woman raised the mug to her black coated lips and drained the coffee with a single shot. Her eyes closed as the warm liquid almost seemed to melt her body, it was a damn good cup of coffee and it was enough to make her wake up and burn that fire deep within her for the morning. The corner of lip stretched into a side smile and she set the coffee mug on the table top and laced her fingers into one another again. 

"So what do you think? Do you trust me enough to watch your back in a fight, to go out and help level each other up? Or would you rather do things yourself and see how far you can get without anyone's help. In the end, we might have different paths we wish to walk, but those curving roads might lead to the same destination for us both one day. I am all about the calamity and mayhem, I love a good book of chaos. If I can get strong enough, I might just turn this world into my battlefield and perhaps even be Queen. But those are lofty thoughts, maybe in the end...I am just looking for some peace and quiet." her ginger brows raised at her last remark. But she would not be so subtle.

She lifted one hand and held it out in front of him, "So what do you say, Stranger? Will you join me in getting us both to the top?" @Cyrus

The counter argument had been laid out perfect enough and he saw the wheels turning in her head. Something was clicking with what he said. Their encounter was an odd possibly one that was meant to happen. Despite her cold exterior and he ability to scare away other Cyrus never backed down. Her personality wasn't something he couldn't deal with. For the most part she was a logical person and that was one of the more valuable things in their world at the moment. Morals were a more grey area to deal with on a case to case basis. She didn't seem particularly psychotic so that was enough for the moment. Originally he was just having a small debate with her seeing her words as something worth responding to. What he wasn't expecting was for an alliance to come out of this. She seemed more stubborn but maybe that was a opinionated judgement on his part. But she could be reasoned with. This was priceless to find so early on. They were like minded enough that a bare minimum alliance at first would be secure. 

"A partnership eh? You didn't really seem like the type to play nice with others." He gestured to the surrounding tavern with a chuckle. Leave it up to him to be able to calm down such an intense situation. "I can be honest with you also. I am not one to empathize easily. You are either strong or weak in my eyes. Right now we have no room to be teaming up with those who will only slow us down. I am passionate about what I believe in. However I can give respect where it is earned. I would have to agree that we probably would click on and off the battlefield enough to benefit each other." Cyrus had been paying attention to the woman the entire time. Her body language spoke volumes. Granted this could all be a facade he highly doubted it. If he was any good at judging people he was making the right call here. 

"I think I might be able to trust you enough in a fight. Or rather I can trust you enough to at least run a few trials. I'm sure you know what you're doing out there but I want to know if our fighting styles compliment or clash. If everything goes well I would say that we might have something solid here. Having two sets of eyes, ears, and arms is way better than one. I'm sure we could help each other get rather far." Leaning forward he took her hand giving it a firm shake. This was not done as a challenge of her strength. It was a firm shake acknowledging her as an equal. It was quite the assumption at the moment but he had a good feeling about Kiso. It would make both of their lives a lot easier if they were both serious about what they wanted.

WHen he reached out to shake her hand, there was a fire ignited in their hands. Between the two of them, they could set the world afire in a way that Aincrad truly had never seen before. This was an acknowledgment of equals between the two. The bond they had shared between the two was fragile however, he was true in what he said, whatever happens could easily fall apart just as easily as it was created. There was safety in numbers, however, numbers were only good if the two people in the terms were of decent mind and will. Both people presented her in this quaint corner of the Inn had found that within each other and the resolve between the two had never faltered as they battled in this game of wits. 

"Excellent," she said withdrawing her hand, "I suppose I can at the very least give you my name. It's Kisodeth," she gave the player a nod in his direction and waited for the moment to be given his name. When introductions were over, she smiled lightly and nodded once again in recognition of his strong name. She cleared her throat and then prompted her control panel, "If we are going to be serious about this partnership, I believe all loot rewards should be fairly cut and dry. We each get half of the spoils and then we can disperse equipment that we find to one another to fill in our gaps. Now then..." the woman slid her legs into a comfortable position underneath the table causing the material of the chair she was sitting in to squeak. She examined her console and looked at the player, Cyrus. 

"I have been going over a few things. This first floor has a medley of chain quests easy enough to get us some starting experience and skill points without risking our necks in killing boars for an unheard of amount of time. I was out in the fields before the GM had wed us to this death game, and I can tell you right now the boars don't give much experience. You could slay a hundred of them and not gain anything, but there are decent loot drops to be had even for starting players like us. I am new to these kinds of games, so I might not be as advanced in terminology as some of these gushing pre-teen players. But I believe I had a solid idea for my first few levels. I plan on taking a one handed weapon and then using a shield for extra mitigation. Switching on and off from the two until they are both adequately leveled will give me the damage I need and the safety of soaking up damage. Don't get me wrong though, I am not Tanking for anyone. I much rather have brute strength, but I like the versatility of one handed weapons especially paired with a shield. Now then, what do you plan on delving into?" @Cyrus

A deal among equal was struck. Cyrus imagined previously that he would have solo'd the game until he was pretty strong. At that point his strength would have drawn other players to follow him. It wasn't exactly ideal but it would have been on his term and he would be able to control just who he would be letting into his party. But with the meeting of Kiso it threw his strategy for a loop. Granted this wasn't a terrible thing but so much was changing so fast at a simple hand shake. If they both agreed to truly look out for each other that meant he would have to think about someone else just as much as himself. Normal loot that he would have trashed would be given to someone else for a look. The terms of their agreement was still a little fuzzy. Overall he was sure that they would be climbing the floors at the same time. And possibly taking on the same missions. But the day to day operations were fuzzy. 

However the pieces fell he acknowledged that she was smart, logical, and strong mentally. When her name was provided he couldn't help but smirk a little. The name was a pun and kinda cool. Personally he just used his own name since it was available. His name alone was a strong name that usually got some props from other players. "It's nice to meet you Kisodeth. I'm Cyrus."  Her logic on their rewards was fair and he was sure that it would work out in the long run. If he took her meaning clearly it would work out. His play style was probably different from her own. More than likely they would never have to clash on one piece of equipment. It would either favor one or the other. To Cyrus he could live with dispersing equipment logically. "I would have to agree with the loot. That's usually how I play with others." 

As she continued Cyrus listened carefully. Apparently she had quite a few ideas already and that worked out in his favor. Her thinking and ideals were in line with his own pretty much all the way. Most of what she had already said was his game plan if he ever did form a duo with someone. It was nice not to have to be the only one constructing a logical plan. However just because he was quiet and agreeing now didn't mean he didn't have plans of his own. If he ever thought anything she said was wrong he would speak up. "When I did my research this past week I did find out a few spots that did look promising. The boars aren't good for anything more than practice for new players in my opinion. We should probably try two or three together so we can study each other. We'll need to practice our team work to come in handy later. As for the quests I've already did one it was a beginner quest. Something simple gathering and crafting. I believe it has a few more connected to it that I didn't finish." Listening to her Cyrus was a little stunned when she said that she was a newbie. The way she spoke was like a veteran. At least someone that had played one or two MMO's and been in a clan or party. She was naturally good at planning this would work out for both of them.

"I'm going to be honest with you again. I'm a DPS. A person how takes on dealing damage on the battlefield. I usually design my characters for High attack, high speed, high energy reserves, and passive healing if I can get it. And I'm gonna be doing  the same again with this game. I have a one handed curved sword currently. I've already invested some points into it. But I'll be searching for a katana some time soon. From the information I've gathered it should fit me. Soooooo I may need some cover every once in a while. I'm saying thank you up front now. But I'll be sure to take down our enemies swiftly." It had been a while since he was able to get excited about a game. Granted he was kind of happy he was trapped in SAO. The risk of death really put him in a position to have to think logically before just 'having fun'. However the way they were speaking and planning reminded him of why he loved games in the first place. And with Kiso he would hopefully be able to take some of the edge off of the game. However it would take some time to fully trust her with his life. And he suspected the same went for him.

"Another damage player." She thought, while rubbing her chin gently. The more power they had, the easier it would be to mow down simple mobs. She could play the off tank role eventually, but she would never go all the way through with being a tank. A few points to get hate as she would eventually be wearing heavy armor, it just suited her ideal image when it came to playing the game. When he had requested that he might need some cover, the woman shrugged her shoulder, "Don't worry. I won't let them rape you." Her tone sick and playful as her eyes squinted with a small smile, "But seriously enough, you won't be too hurt while I am around. While I won't be your typical tank, I can possibly draw enough hate from one on one mobs," there were a few other skills she had planned to pick up as well, but she would have to examine that at a later date. 

Cyrus had already picked up the first newbie quest, that was good. She would get started on hers then so she could get ahead as well. It seemed like a good way to nab some extra skill points and a few other much needed items as well. She brought her hand up towards her silken black hair and moved it off her shoulder once more as she took a look around the Inn. It had gone quiet as mid day was approaching. Through the window she could see clear blue skies and people walking by. It seemed some of them were getting a bit more bold in this new world, some of them taking the advantage of going out to hunt in groups as it would be safer for them. 

Kisodeth turned her head back to Cyrus, those cold blue eyes were studying him again as she relaxed in her seat and shifted her leg over the other, "Since we got that out of the way, I suppose the next thing we can do is figure out our Professions. From what I gathered in the guidebook, Fishing is a lacking profession. One of us being a Blacksmith might be an idea down the line as well as being an Alchemist since they can create healing potions. So we have a few options there. Did you have anything in mind besides those two? Also..." 

The woman hesitated at the start of this next set of dialogue but she rolled her eyes nonetheless, "How are you on col at the moment? I've got a decent amount left over from the starter package when I joined, but eating three course meals and staying at this inn is quickly becoming problematic. We could share a room and expenses for a little while, kinda like roommates until we both have enough col to where we can settle on in different locations. We don't need to be joined at the hip all the time, when one of us needs help, we could message the other. At least that's how I saw this partnership turning out, if you have any other idea though I am open to suggestions." @Cyrus

It was very possible if they worked well together that they could clear through mobs and floors easily. However he wasn't trying to get too excited yet. It all sounded good now but there was no telling what could happen when it was time to put all this talking into action. Her comment about not letting the mobs rape him made him laugh. "Thank you. I would rather not be raped by a slime. That wouldn't be something I could just mentally walk away from." So she was able to joke and let down her cold exterior. That was interesting. It was something he would have to look into at a later date. "That would work though. I mean I'm sure I can handle myself for now. But when he fighter harder enemies two on one it might require more bait and switch. For now she would suffice as a make shift tank whenever they needed it. However it would probably be within their best interest to find one eventually. That would require a delicate touch seeing as Kiso didn't like to play well with others so easily. 

Professions were next. The expression on Cyrus' face took on a more thoughtful appearance. "I haven't given professions too much thought. I would probably say I might take on blacksmithing but you never know. It's what I did in previous games when I ran or was part of a clan. I like to have access to high end equipment without the wait. And I'm able to make sure it gets done right. But I want to hear you out also and know just what you were interested in taking on. 

Cyrus could feel the atmosphere shift and her tone change some as she stepped into some weird territory. However this didn't bother him too much so she didn't have to fret too much. Her hesitation did make him chuckle though. Never would have taken her as one to hesitate on these sorts of things. They were both grown as far as he could tell. "I'm doing alright for now. I've been pretty good with my budgeting so far. Cutting out things that I don't need. If I can get away with using old equipment for a while it's better than buying a whole new set every time you level up. Basic MMO strategies and such." Her suggest on them becoming roommates didn't shock him too much. It was a logical decision for now. When they were kicking ass and taking name making a lot of col then they could see about being frivolous in their spending. He was just glad it was her suggestion instead of his own. It wasn't going to bother him. And it probably didn't bother her seeing as she would have no problem dishing out some pain if things got weird. "But yeah I understand your point. I'm sure everything will work out fine. We both know where we want to go and the priorities to get there. As long as you don't get clingy on me." He teased her. Although he did take the chance to actually look her over. She was actually fairly cute. It wouldn't have been completely bad just weird. However his goals were focused on survival more than anything else.

"I guess that means we should add each other to our friends list." Getting bold he already brought up his menu and sent of the request before she could even respond. They were partners now. Hesitation would get each other hurt or worse. 

The woman nodded to his suggestion although she had caught his eyes roaming her upper figure. She shifted in her seat and glared at him mildly, "What are you trying to look at? And I am not the clingy type. You won't have to worry about any of that. This is a business relationship after all." She had got the incoming ping from Cyrus as a friend request. She poked the green circle with her index finger and they were now, by all means of the system, considered 'friends.' She swept away the menu with a flick of her wrist and touched her raven hair, causing it to bounce off her shoulder. She would have to touch up on a few of the comments he made about professions while they were still somewhat on the subject.

"I had planned on perhaps becoming an Alchemist. It would be easy for us to have a healthy supply of healing potions and crystals, not to mention having Teleport Crystals too. There is the Cook Profession, but I don't do that 'kitchen' stuff. The most I have ever cooked was perhaps frozen food out of a box. Besides the point, there is also a Tailor Profession, but I am not using leather armor for my build. And Performer is out of the question. So essentially it comes down to what we really need. Alchemy for potions and crystals, and Blacksmithing for armor and weapons. But I won't hold it against you if you want to chose something else. More than likely, I'll probably pick up Alchemy." The woman uncrossed her legs underneath the table.

So far they had touched on some important subjects in which needed to be addressed. This was a good starting point for the both of them as partners in this brave new world. However, the sleeping arrangement as well as Professions still needed to be addressed. Obviously she was not going to sleep in the same bed as him, that would be awkward for two business partners so they would probably have to find a bigger room. This was mildly important for Kisodeth since she enjoyed having her own bed and her own personal space, but she had a roommate back home, however that was another female. She never lived with another guy... This could get very awkward very fast, she thought. 

"Anyways. We should decide on how much to spend for living costs. We'll need a room with two beds of course, and we don't necessarily have to stay at this inn. I am just accustomed to it. I could ask the NPC if they have a bigger room with two beds later on." Kisodeth leaned on her right arm, head in the palm of her hand as she looked absent mindedly away from him. The was still plenty of daylight left in the day and maybe not even an hour had passed since their meeting and already they were talking about Business. She was somewhat thankful though she would not have to go through this alone, despite that strong front she puts on, things would be so much easier having someone to lean on once in awhile. She wasn't always so cold...but she had to stay protective of herself. As he said, it would be bad to fall into a trap and find yourself vulnerable where they could just walk all over you. That in this world or any would never happen to her. @Cyrus

The way she looked at him as he sized her up wasn't exactly happy. Granted he wasn't ogling her like a frat boy it was still probably a little rude. He didn't think she would be that conscious about someone looking at her. If anything it was a more innocent glance than an attempt to 'see what she was working with'. "I'm not trying to look at anyTHING. I just observe everything. It was a joke lost on you. We'll have to work on your humor. I'm very aware that this is a business relationship. There's too much going on to add more things to worry about." Despite what he said Cyrus was the type of person to protect those that he claimed as his own. And in a way Kisodeth sort of made the cut. She would become his other set of eyes on the battlefield and the blade to protect his weak spots. While emotionally she didn't really have a place there was enough respect to at least keep her alive. As she accepted his friend request he went through a few other things. While he had the tab open it was probably best to clear everyone else out. Anyone he met previously had become irrelevant. While he trusted them back when this was just a game he didn't trust them with his life. Kisodeth still needed him as did he. So for the time being she was the only friend he had technically. 

She went on to explain her plans for her profession and he just nodded along not finding anything wrong with her reasoning. They would be needing an alchemist badly if it was just the two of them for a while. When she brought up the tailor he thought about it for a moment before passing. Speed is where he wanted to focus but he needed some mild level protection if he was going to be diving into danger. With only two people in his party he needed to be able to pull his own weight. Plus they needed to be able to forge their own weapons to save on spending. But also to be able to possibly turn a profit later. Blacksmithing was all part of his grand plan. "A Blacksmith and an Alchemist travelling together would make them very well equipped. I'm sure we could always distribute our extra product also." The way he said it almost made it seem like they were starting a Cartel. 

And then it was time to make the conversation weird again. It was better to get it all out now than to face it later after opinions had been formed. "I think we should spend the bare minimum on living expenses. They are more luxuries and slight protection more than anything. If this Inn is on the lower end of things then I have no problem moving here. I didn't spend too much time doing research on Inns. Didn't think I would be here long. But from what I saw the Inn I'm staying in was on the lower end of the scale also." Their lack of an organic friendship kept him from saying any jokes he had about their living situation. As Kisodeth looked away his mind wandered for a moment also. Checking the amount of daylight left he figured there was still enough time left in the day to go out and make a little progress. There wasn't much combat done in the last few days for him. On one hand he wanted to see if he could hunt down a katana first. On the other he was tired of waiting. He could always search for his new sword as he continued his grinding. Hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult. "Is there anything else we need to discuss?" His eyes returned to the woman.

@Kisodeth

Edited by Cyrus

"Right," she said finally getting that awkward conversation out of the way. Her eyes shifted back to Cyrus, "To be honest, I've been going with the flow since I met you. The only ideas I had come up were those that I just mentioned. Us having our bases covered seem like the best points of interest to come down to. Other than that though, I don't really have anything else to offer." The woman had shrugged her shoulders and leaned back in her chair. While he was 'observing' her, she was also observing him. No doubt, things would get awkward at some point during all this, but that would come later. Her eyes rolled off his figure nonchalant like having a rather aloof demeanor present on her as she folded her arms over her chest. 

"You feeling as anxious as I am, huh? It's still quite early in the day, we can scope out a few places to check on prices at Inns, or even check out the Boar Field and check out some good hunting spots. Although I would rather not risk my neck right now, not with this shabby armor. I think right now, if you plan on becoming a Blacksmith, then I can help you with your quest. Getting some gear would definitely step up in the right direction for the both of us so we can begin our lucrative business." Her leg shifted once more attempting to sit comfortably in this chair had started to cause some mild irritation mentally. The constant swinging of her legs because she was feeling anxious just to be sitting her. She needed to get outside and stretch her legs before she became a moody woman.  

"Yeah, I definitely need to get out and stretch my legs. Why don't we go walk and chat, sitting here is making me feel tired and lazy." The woman stood up and kicked the seat back into place, long raven hair spilled off her shoulder as she moved and swept it with the back of her hand. She looked behind her to see if Cyrus was in tow behind her. With a gesture, she headed towards the door pushing the door rather violently until it smashed right into a player's head causing them to suffer from a knockback effect and landing squarely on his ass. The woman shook her head, "People need to be more careful." She said as she stepped out into the blitzing sunlight that was now covering her face, she had to squint as she moved and folded her arms over her chest once again, ignoring the kid's rambling that she needed to watch out. 

"Any place you wanted to visit?" @Cyrus

Now that business had concluded there was a chance for them to go out and get some stuff done. However there were quite a few things that needed to get done. "Normally I would have gone out into the field and do some gathering maybe a little fighting. But I guess we can stay away from that if you're not ready. We could either start hunting down our profession quests. Or if you want to tag along we could figure out how I can pick up my katana skill. I'd rather have that from the start and get used to using it. But that's only if you feel like joining me. I could always go find it on my own when I have some time." Cyrus did follow her out the door. Paying the kid no mind since he looked like another one of the zombie players. Cyrus was more than anxious really. He was still in the town of beginnings. The fact that he was not leveled up already was getting to him Maybe not today but soon he would start gathering up some experience so that he could finally get beyond level one. Waking up then past few days to see that shabby looking one on his HUD made him grimace. 

The young gamer ran a hand through his white hair looking around for any other ideas. There wasn't much to do in the town, In his eyes it was kind of plain and not worth staying for very long. "I've already checked out some hunting spots in the field and I have a pretty good idea of where to start off. A few boar spots as well as some wolves. While they might not yield much individually. If we play our cards right we could comb the area a few times and increase our yield. And if our professions can be picked up we can kill two birds with one stone. Better gear is going to cost us some at least at first. It will probably take me a while to get my skills up to par. Did you have other ideas?" Since this was a partnership he tried not to drag her along everywhere he wanted to go and do what he wanted to do. However he did want to let his must immediate agenda be known. 

The woman lifted her hands and then shrugged her shoulders, "I don't mind helping. In the end, I get some experience out of it either way so it's not totally one sided advantage. If you want to get your Katana Skill unlocked, I'll come with you. There is still a lot of daylight left and we should have a destination instead of just milling around like all these worthless zombies walking about..." Her blue eyes had moved to an unfortunate soul who looked like Mr. GloomnDoom because of the current game situation. People might have been moving about outside, but it still looked like their morality had been sapped by Kayaba. 

Hands on her hips and looking around, her attention was brought back to Cyrus as she nodded her head, "Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. While I wouldn't mind trying to fight a boar, it is probably our best interest for the moment to gather our armor and weapons first so we can beat them down more easily. Also, I noticed we have a very limited energy pool. We can only get off like one Sword Art and that is if we don't miss the attack." The woman had voiced her opinion, but it seems like they had the general idea of where to start. 

Kisodeth took a step forward, the sun blitzing down on her as she squinted her eyes, "Is it always so god damn bright out here? Do you have any idea where we should start in looking for your Katana Skill? I am not even sure how this is supposed to be done, to be honest." Kisodeth was pretty much lax on the entire thing. She had at least got her wish of getting outside and stretching her legs a bit. So if they had a plan of action next, that would be great. She had wanted to start her day and this was at least an optimal start. @Cyrus

Cyrus nodded his head acknowledging her own benefit for just accompanying him. It was a win-win situation regardless and there would probably be a time or two when he would need to assist her as well. So taking this opportunity he walked a little faster to walk along side of his new ally. "I think I have an idea or two of where to start. I've been keeping an eye on the other players that were able to acquire the katana and their destinations. If you're tagging along follow me." Making a turn down one of the many streets he followed the mental map drawn in his mind. After staying so long in the town he had a general idea of where everything was and where to go. On his first day it was like being trapped in a maze after running into a few dead ends. He was never really lost though. Cyrus had a great sense of direction so it was easy to get back to where he came from. It just took a little bit of time and exploring to get where he wanted. If his ambitions weren't so great he probably could have gotten away with being a guide for the floors of the tower. But that wasn't something he could see himself content with. Surely a guide would have been able to rake in some good coin. But there wasn't enough action in that. Nor was it a truly satisfying purpose for anyone stuck in this world for however much longer. It would grow tiring and bitter in the end.

"You mentioned gathering gear though. I know I have my sights set already. But did you have anything you had your eye on? Perhaps we can knock out two birds with one stone. The more time we can save completing multiple tasks at the same time. The faster we can get off the first floor. I don't know about you but staying here with the zombies isn't going to be fun too much longer."

@Kisodeth

Edited by Cyrus