[OP-Day 1] Lost in this game

I can't believe it. We are trapped in this game, all these people with no where to turn. Bless their souls, I hope they can all make it out. I need to go find a place to stay if I will be trapped here. I wonder where people are supposed to go when they want to sleep. She walked the Town of Beginnings aimlessly, stopping to read every sign on every building. Never once looking another person in the eyes. An Inn, that must be where I am meant to stay. If not then I fear I do not know enough about games to find a place to stay. Why is it such a challenge to find something like this? Perhaps sir Kayaba made the assumption that it would be easy for players to find. She quietly entered the Inn and asked for a room, unsurprisingly they were almost full, luckily she was able to get a room in the very back of the ground floor. She gave a respectful bow to the Innkeeper as a sign of thanks.

Well, now that I have that taken care of I guess I should find somewhere I can get food. Though I don't know how I will pay for it, what do they use for money in this game? Gold? After leaving the Inn she had found herself at the town square Perhaps I should sit and think on the matter for the time being. Though night is quickly falling I will probably be okay for now. Sitting down on a bench she looked down at the ground as she thought. Her hands resting peacefully in her lap as they would when Grace had company over.

Cyrus took the message from Kayaba better than most. There was no use in panic instead walking and thinking was a much better use of time. The many shocked and despair written faces faded from his attention. It seemed like this was all going to be the real deal so he took all the information released with a grain of salt. Prior to getting the message from the creator of the tower he had been doing some research into the game. It was probably going to be better if he just continued to do more research. This game had become life or death. Knowledge would be power at the end of the day. If he could figure out just how most of the game mechanics worked he would be a step ahead. A lot of players would either race out to the fields to be the first ones to level up or stay behind and form alliances and group up. 

The young gamer didn't exactly fall into either party. Prior to this game becoming so serious there had already been a plan forming in his mind. The way SAO could be played gave room for a lot of ideas and ambition. Now more than before his plan had become an actual goal rather than a possibility. There was no way he was going to die on the lower floors. Or even if he survived he didn't plan on being a lower level player to be at the mercy of high level players. While coming away from his thoughts he noticed one person sitting alone on a bench. But she didn't look like she was panicking like so many others. Instead she looked calm and reserved so that stuck out to him. 

Cyrus ever really had trouble making conversation with others really so it came naturally when he spoke. "You look rather well after receiving that news. A mind not easily shaken is a great quality to have." 

Did someone just approach me? It is strange that someone would approach a stranger like this, I am just some random girl. "You look rather well after receiving that news. A mind not easily shaken is a great quality to have."  She nodded to him I wonder what he means, It is probably best I not ask. I don't see a reason to be fearful, kind Sir She said to him quietly but in a pleasant tone, her voice shown a strong norther British accent I shan't look at him, it would be out of line for me to do such things. I wonder what kind of things they have around here. If there is anything to do that doesn't involve conflict with the creature of the forest. I have no idea how to use a weapon such as this, or any weapon at all for that matter. I am sure there will be plenty of other things I can do to benefit people without needing to go into the woods. 

This man seems nice, I hope he has good intentions, though I don't know why he wouldn't. Nashoba didn't really seem to move that much when she sat, not like she was a statue but her movements were small. She wore a small smile on her face. I wonder if I should find someone to help me with learning how this game works. No, I should probably just figure it out myself. There is no reason for me to be a bother.

The plated armored man sat on a bench in the Town of Beginnings with his eyes starring straight up at the sky. The clouds seemed so real and so close that he could almost touch them if he wished. This was all relative as he wasn't some sort of heavenly creature or a god-like being. Though, if he was, would everyone be in this game? Would he wish everyone free or be just as bad as Kayaba. "Nah." He would close his eyes and remember the first days stuck in his mind.

=-FlashBack-=

The player clad in basic plate armor stood amidst the masses of the player base of SwordArt Online. The players from across the world who were now told that not only were they stuck in the game but it was also given to them the information that if they were to hit zero in terms of health, they would follow shortly after in the land of the living. This was information that Lee wasn't sure he was able to process completely. It was a shock, to say the least but it was a different kind of shock. It was as if being told one won a lottery. It needed to sink in even if this was not the same kind of situation.

He would look around at the many players as they eventually went their own ways to either find themselves, kill themselves or do something to keep their wits about them. Lee would move out and away from the crowd for awhile after conversing with a few players himself and meeting others, aiming to quell the minds of the few people he came across. He had begun to walk down the street when a pair of individuals by a bench caught his attention. They seemed well enough but he wasn't sure if he was ready to have himself left alone to his own thoughts so more interaction wouldn't do him any harm. He would walk steadily toward them, a single hand raised in a greeting "Hi there, hey there."

When Cyrus spoke it was more so to figure out the mental state of the player he was speaking to before continuing the conversation. It could have been possible that the whole ordeal shocked her into silence. But when Nashoba replied it was hard not to let out a sigh of relief. She seemed fairly normal for the most part so some conversation wouldn't be so bad. It was her response that made him chuckle though. "You're quite right. You have a lot more heart than most people right now." The accent she spoke with was enough to keep him interested in what she was saying. When another approached them it made Cyrus aware of his surroundings. There was no need to be on edge so he was relaxed. Inside the safe zone he wouldn't have to worry about somebody literally trying to stab him in the back. But he wanted to see who was walking up on him.

The arrival of the plated man was interesting. For the most part he seemed rather friendly so Cyrus relaxed his guard just slightly. This was another player that didn't seem to be losing his mind due to the news. It was rare to see someone with a strong will to move on past what they were just told. Either he was psychotic or knew how to make this situation work for him. If it was the latter it would make things that much more interesting. Two players finding two players with such a strong mind set was fairly interesting. While he would continue on with this small talk he kept an eye on their behaviors. It was possible they had the courage to make it beyond the first few levels. Even making a few associates would benefit him later on.