[PP-F1]Learning About Life {Nashoba}

Just outside of the Town of Beginnings stood a player clad in plate armor, wielding a large shield and seemingly nothing more in terms of a weapon to any passerby. Lee would raise his free hand up to his chin to rub the stubble of his beard to pass the time out of boredom upon looking out at the fields. He wasn't one for going out into them, not because of any danger but more out of lack of interaction. Fighting and killing monsters alone drew nothing of benefit to him socially and it was something that he had been aiming to increase as of late with everything else going on in his would-be life. Though, simply walking around asking people if they wished to go out into the fields to fight whatever came their way was odd to say the least.

I wonder what this world has in store for me today. I still haven't seen the forest, maybe I should explore a little. Surely no harm shall come of it, I have always had a way with animals better than I have with people. I hope I get to see some pretty birds today. I haven't seen that many sense day one, maybe that will change. Nashoba began her journey out of the Town of Beginnings for the first time. Walking in the direction of the fields. I wonder which way I should go. Maybe If I start one way, and make sure I am keeping track of time, I will be able to see multiple areas. Oh, is that Lee? Perhaps I should greet him Nashoba walked up to Lee and bowed to him, not looking him in the eyes. Greetings, How are you this fine day? Lee seems like a nice man, he has done nothing wrong, because that would mean he would have a red cursor, right? I should be safe talking to him. Not to mention that he was very nice the day we met as well.

Speaking of the day we met, it looks like he had made some good progress sense the start of the game. Maybe I will be able to make some progress as well. I don't think I would be able to fight though, I still have no idea how fighting works. Not to mention I have never used a weapon before in my life. Should I ask Lee to help? No, I would probably just be bothering him if I did.

Lee attentions were still focused on the wild out yonder when the sounds of a familiar voice came out of the silence or at least the same noise of the town that he had grown to know. He would turn his attentions back and toward a pink haired female to which he would smile and nod his head in a bow "I'm pretty swell all things considered. Nothing too monumental though I was thinkin about headin out but am teetering a bit. Though, if you wouldn't mind and if it wasn't too much to ask, would you like to join me? Been wanting to see about fighting some monsters or what-nots though going out by myself is boring and I'm a bore to talk to when I'm by myself." He would move his free hand to the back of his head to scratch it lightly as if to joke to himself about the comment he had made.

Oh this is wonderful! I will be able to see this man in action! Maybe I can even learn a thing or two. It would be an honor to join you, sir I hope I don't slow him down too much though. He is very clearly a higher level than I am and knowing how clumsy I am I may get us into trouble. Oh, what would Grace do in this situation? Probably just join the man, it is better for someone to explore when the chance is given to them. Nashoba smiled in Lee's direction, though she still hadn't looked him in the eyes. I wonder if people will judge me for my hesitance to look into someones eyes, though I would never do it on my own, it is not the place of a servant to look someone in the eyes.

Oh, I will be able to see a lot more wildlife with Lee helping me. I knew he was a gentleman! Hopefully I will be able to keep his company well without getting too distracted. I do not know for sure though, Grace never taught me how to make small talk, and she was so natural at it. Oh well, I'm sure I will figure it out. I wonder where he will be leading me. I do so hope we go to the forest at some point, though I don't want to bother him by asking if we can. Nashoba pulled out a small memo book and jotted down some notes to remind her of what happened so far today. She was determined to record everything that happened every day she was in the game. She even kept a dream journal. Grace would be so proud of me if she saw this! I do hope I can live up to her expectations. They are many and very high set, but I know I can do it!

Lee would be rather pleased that Nashoba was all for going out on a little venture with him to which he would nod his head in agreement. "Awesome, let's just party up and then we shall see just what wonders awaits us in the vast green yonder." He would flick his hand in the air as a drop box would open and with several light gestures, he would send a party invite to the female player

Lee has Sent Nashoba a Party Invite

After the invite was sent, he would await her to accept before continuing out, stepping out of the town and into the field as he would look back to Nashoba "Also, what sort of weapon do you have? Might be a good idea to work around what you have. If anything happens across, I'll grab the attention and you do what you feel like. I'm not the highest when it comes to damage so things might not go all that fast. Though, I shouldn't have to worry about getting us into much trouble."

What is this that has just popped up? Lee has sent you a party invite? We have not spoke of a ball. But it would be rude of me to turn down a gentleman as him. Nahsoba fumbled around with the pop-up for a moment attempting to figure out how to accept it. It must me this circle right? That seems to make the most sense. I hope that was the correct option.

Nashoba accepted Lee's Party Invite

Oh, he wants to know what I use in battle. What is the name of this again? Rapier? I shall just show it to him and hope he will be able to identify what it is. This man seems so cheery! It is lovely to see a player with a skip in their step as he does. Nashoba held out her rapier, still not looking Lee in the eyes I am grateful that he is so willing to fight, I do not know how to do such things. Perhaps I can heal him if he is in need. I would love to be able to help another person it has been so painfully long sense I have been able to put a smile on someones face. Still, I shall remember the teachings of Grace. Keep your eyes off anyone else who isn't of your own status unless you are told, always be pleasant even when you feel like you shouldn't be, don't stop smiling.

"Awesome." He would announce as his party invite was accepted and it would allow them to set off without much of a problem when it came to friendly fire. He would look out among the grassy plains and figured that finding a boar shouldn't be hard and with any luck, they might even be able to get some useful things along the way in terms of loot, at least for her own level. Just getting the rust off his skills would be enough for the time being. Though, it just so happened that there were two boar's grazing on a patch of grass, seemingly unaware of the current situation it was about to find themselves in. "Two shouldn't be all that much work, I'll get their attention and you should be able to do your own pokey-pokey to your hearts content or let me slap them around whilst you poke them or just let me slap them. All is right in the eyes of Lee."

With that being said, Lee would ready his shield, drawing his sword from the sheath located on the inside and would make his move toward the boars, slamming the board side of his weapon onto the shield "ARH-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He would activate his Howl ability to gather the boars undivided attention.

ID: 81200
MOB: 4

Lee: 200/200
Nashoba:

Boar1: 10/10
Hate +3(Lee)
Boar2: 10/10
Hate+3(Lee)

This man sure seems to know what he is doing. I hope that he is able to defend himself well, what was this about me attacking them? Surely not, I haven't the slightest idea of how to go about such things. Nashoba smiled in Lee's direction her eyes cutely closed so she did not accidentally meet his gaze. She brought her head down to the level she knew she was safe at. I must apologize, Sir Lee, I don not know how to use a weapon, but if you need me to heal you at any time I will be happy to assist. I wonder if I am being overly forward. Maybe I should just let him make the decisions when it comes to such things. A battle field is no place for a lady and while they are seemingly unavoidable I do not feel it to be right for me to come to arms. A knight such as Lee should be able to handle himself quite nicely, though I will be at the ready should he need me to heal at all.

Such beautiful boars, is this what they look like in the real world? I wish I had been able to see more natural things while I was in the real world. Though I didn't have time between her servitude and the studies that Grace had wanted me to do. Still, it would have been nice to be able to recognize more than the common animal.

Lee: 200/200
Nashoba: 20/20

Boar1: 10/10
Hate +3(Lee)
Hate+3(Lee)

Lee would ready himself for the boars, confident in his stalwart defense when he heard Nashoba speak that she was sorry but she was unsure of how to handle herself when it came to weaponry. It was during this that one of the boars charged him but a side step would case the monster to miss and come to a sliding halt to turn back to Lee. Lee tried to swing his sword at the boar as it passed but its speed at the moment was far faster than he could keep up with, along with his trying to register what it was that Nashoba said. "O...okay, we can work with this. No worries." As he was speaking, the second boar charged and slammed itself into Lee's shield, moving him back only a inch or so but as Lee would push his shield forward, the recoil from the shield's enchantments would kick in and the boar would seemingly burst into fragments to signal its demise.

Lee would ignore the now pixelated boar as he would turn his attentions to Noshoba "Is it a personal thing or do you want to learn ooorrr...?" It was a question that he was asking in earnest as it was something to find someone that wasn't knowledgeable in the art of stabbing, at least in the game.

ID: 81321; 81322
BD: 4
MOB: 8; 5

Lee: 200-1= 199

Boar1: 10-14(THRN)= 0 DEAD
Hate: 3(Lee)

Edited by Lee

I do hope he is okay with me not wanting to fight. It is marvelous to see what he can do with just the touch of anther's attack. Where did the boar go? Why did it shatter like that? My appologies, but I do not feel it to be of good intentions for me to learn how to use such a thing as a weapon. The battlefield is no place for a lady. Though you seem to be injured, here, allow me to assist you that should help, I know he wasn't in any danger but I don't want such a kind man to be forced to pick up the problem that I may have caused him. I shall keep assisting him this way and we will be okay I do so hope.

He is very valiant, i wonder what it is that keeps him so stoic, I do hope he is not trying to impress me. I am not but a lowly servant girl. I wonder what Grace would say in this situation, what she would do. I guess I must find out for myself, surely she would stay strong but I must say that there doesn't seem to be anything I should be scared of pushing though.

ID: 81463

CD: 8

Heals Lee 8hp

Lee: 199+8= 200

Edited by Nashoba

Lee would listen as Nashoba would give her apologies to him that she had no real intention of swinging around a weapon as it wasn't something a lady would do. This was perplexing to say the least and the puzzled look on his face might have suggested as much. She would then use a form of healing on him to bring him back to full health as it was unneeded it was also something that wasn't unwanted. Any health that wasn't the max was the best kind so he would nod his head in her direction as a form of thanks. He would turn back to the boar that was left and would swing his sword as it charged him once more.

This time, his sword would slash the side of the creature and then he would move his shield in the way of the charge and, as what happened with the first, the boar would be struck with the hidden thorns of the shield and it was more than enough to force the creature to burst into pixels. Lee would then turn his attentions back toward Nashoba fully as he would raise his sword and let it come to rest on his shoulder "I'm not the kinda guy to tell others what to do....well, not entirely but do you plan on going through the entire game without using your sword? I mean, I'm not all that strong in terms of attack but even I have a weapon..."

He would use a finger from his sword hand to scratch the side of his scruff on his cheek "I'm not a woman either so I can't really nitpick in that area but still, wouldn't you want to know how to defend yourself? You might enjoy the poking of monsters."

ID: 81465
BD: 7
MOB: 7

Lee: 200-1= 199

Boar2: 10-1-14(THRN)/0 DEAD

Oh no, I see no reason to need to be defended. Nor could I ever think of raising a hand in combat. I find myself quite content helping from the sideline. I have unsettled him, I do hope that he is not offended by my lack of willingness to join him in combat. I wonder how much he knows on the subject though, the only others I had known to have knowledge of such things were Master Omi and his father. Oh how I wish I could see Omi again. I did so enjoy his company while he took sanctuary in the house of Lady Grace. I wonder if I will ever see him again, though probably not.

If I may ask, Sir Lee, Where did the boars go? I saw them hit you but then the seemed to shatter, why was that? I wonder where they went, I have never seen such things as a creature shattering into pieces. I wonder what it is that such a thing means. I do hope that Sir Lee doesn't think less of me for being so reluctant to join combat. I never meant to cause him any stress by it.

"Well, if you say so, I'm not gonna judge....much." He would chuckle at his comment though he wasn't entirely sure if one could go through the game without actually fighting but he wasn't going to stop her from trying. As she asked her next question, he was about to answer when he circled back around in his mind as to what she had called him. It was...weird to say the least. He wasn't used to surnames and hearing himself being called Sir Lee, while in a role playing setting he wouldn't find a single problem with it, the current situation demanded a little bit of question. "Well, unlike the real world, this is still majority a game and as such, fighting and defeating monsters can't leave behind carcasses, they'd pile up to the top of Aincrad so, like most games, they simply disappear to be re-spawned somewhere else."

He would look around now to see if he could find a boar that could possibly be of a higher level, maybe enough to actually drop something. He spotted a singular boar that was almost the size of the other two combined and looked rather rough and he deem it his next target as he would continue to speak to Nashoba "And the killing blow was done with this..." He would raise his shield "It's named the Pridwen and it has a nifty ability called Thorns which does damage to attacking opponents."

Surely he is just speaking gibberish! What are these words? Then again, I have heard them quite often sense I have joined sword art online. I wonder if he is bothered by my questions, I feel I should stop asking though I fear that if I did then I won't have the ability to find out at all. I am sorry to keep asking you questions, Sir Lee, But what does 'Re-spawned' mean? I assume it is a term used in gaming, like MMO or PK but I know not what those mean ether. I had not played a video game before this one. Grace forbid me even consider it. Once she passed I thought I would try it, I am so sorry for my lack of understanding. Nashoba bows to Lee, trying to hide her shame

Oh, I must be bothering him now. Why would I ask such questions of him? He is of higher class, I am sure to be banished from his presence. Oh, but I deserve it, I disrespected him by speaking without being spoken to. I shall make note of this so that it doesn't happen again. I have no other choice but to accept the consequences of my actions.

Lee would listen as Nashoba would ask him a question did take him by surprise, he almost thought she was joking till she continued on about how someone named Grace didn't like the idea of games and she died at some point. He would scratch the side of his temple as he would aim to try and find the words "No, no, questions are good. I kinda miss being asked things from the real world so it's kinda refreshing." He would turn his attention to the boar as he would continue speaking "In most games, re-spawning is something that happens when death happens. Like if I were to die in a normal game, I'd show up back in town or the last place I saved. In a normal game that is so for the most part, the re-spawning only applies to monsters in this world."

Lee would strike the front of his shield to grab the boars attention "But you are right, it is a game term so points for connecting the dots." He would then howl at the boar to gain its aggro and continue speaking "By all means, keep the questions comin if you have any. Do you know what PK means?" The boar would charge but a swift side-step would cause the boar to rush past, sliding to a stop and turning back to face Lee.

ID: 81538
BD: n/a
MOB: 2

Lee: 199/200

Boar: 100/100
Hate: +3 (Lee)

Edited by Lee

I wonder why we don't re-spawn. Perhaps is has to do with the speech we had to listen to at the start of this game. I did not understand most of what was said though I do have it written down somewhere. I wonder if after today I will be able to understand more of it. I wonder how experienced Master Lee is with these games. He seems to be quite knowledgeable. I apologize, Master Lee, but I do not know what 'PK' stands for, though I do very much appreciate you avid willingness to assist me with my lack of knowledge Nashoba gave a cute smile to Lee, blushing slightly

I wonder what the reason for this fighting is, what is the point of such violence? Perhaps, it gives a good benefit in the long run, thought I cannot see why it would. I do hope that this will go well, I cannot wait to learn more from this brilliant lord before me.

ID# 81901

CD 5

Lee: 199/200

Boar: 100/100
Hate: +3 (Lee)

Edited by Nashoba

Lee would hold his shield firmly but would bring his sword outward and placed it top the shield, as if using the broad shield to stead the weapon for a thrust. Lee would listen as Nashoba would speak to him about not rightly knowing what a 'PK' was and that she was thankful for his help in his willingness to oblige her. "No worries. PK stands for a 'Player Killer'. Ever player in the game has this little cursor over their head..." He would quickly raise his head to look upward at his own "Green means you've done nothing wrong. Orange means that you've fight another player unprovoked and red. Red means you've killed another person which is akin to murder."

The boar would snarl and charge Lee and slam into the shield with enough force to break his guard and slam into his stomach. This wasn't something he found to be a happy experience and Lee would quickly raise his sword high into the air as he would continue talking to the pink haired player "And it is usually frowned upon!" He would bring the sword down with great force and as the blade struck the boar, sparks emitted from the blade and jolted the boar, causing it to go stiff as a gash of pixels along the struck area seemed to grow worse from the bleeding effect of the weapon.

Lee would glare down at the boar that had struck him but would quickly take in a deep breath and exhale it through his mouth "So it is always good to look out who you hang around. Some people might have nefarious deeds in mind..." He would pause for more than a moment and look back to Nashoba and raise a hand toward her and shake his head "Not me of course...even if it did sound like I dug a small hole for myself, I wouldn't do that... Ish, I can't really prove that either so its kinda a face-value situation."

ID: 81954
BD: 9
MOB: 10

Lee: 199-3= 196/200

Boar: 100-2= 98/100 (BLED)(PAR)
Hate: +5 (Lee)

I cannot believe that there is need for such a system. Surely there is no one that would do such things! Though I do remember Grace telling me of stories from people that killed but those must have just been stories! Why would someone kill another, Sir Lee? I cannot see a reason that anyone would do such a thing! I refuse to believe that people would do something so... so... Nashoba trailed off as she tried to think of a word to use What is the word to use there? I do not believe that wrong would be the word. What do you call people that are mean spirited? That want to hurt others? I am so confused as to how to describe it. Oh I do hope Sir Lee knows. 

I cannot believe that such things happen though if a respectable upper class man such as Sir Lee has told it to me than it must surely be true. I wonder what it is that drives these people, why would someone take the life of another? I cannot come up with a single reason. Oh, gracious. I need to heal him! How did I do that again? I must check my notes, I do so hope he can last a little longer while I search.

ID# 82134

CD 7

Lee: 199-3= 196/200

Boar: 100-2= 98/100 (BLED)(PAR)

Edited by Nashoba

Lee would look down at the boar as it seemed frozen on its side, not a single sign of movement coming from the creature due to the paralyze that was effecting it. The armored player would raise his sword up but as he went to bring it down onto the boar, Nashoba would speak out as to why one would do such a thing. This caused Lee's sword to miss its mark but it wasn't any skin off his back as he didn't have to fear any sort of rebuttal from the monster. He would turn his attention toward her as she seemed to be at a loss for words to which he would aim to help.

"Monstrous? Evil? Despicable? Some people do it because they don't need a reason. Other players could be seen as just another obstacle in the game. They might think they have the right reason in doing so and could see what they are doing as an act of mercy. In the end, can't really tell." Lee would scratch the side of his head with the hilt of his weapon "I'm more of a judge of how you act toward me myself personally. If you ain't ever done me wrong, I don't hold any sort of ill will toward a person. How do you judge people?"

ID: 82148
BD: 1
MOB: 8

Lee: 196/200

Boar: 98-12(BLED)=86/100 (BLED)(PAR)