[PP-F3] Where one fails, another may rise <<Worn out Welcome>> -Floofy and myself-

As he listened to her talk about what she might want, which was essentially her talking about how she had no earthly idea what she wanted.  Funny how those who studied and researched a specific category such as familiars, learning everything about them, they were most indecisive about which they would rather have.  Before he could talk to her about what she might want she moved on to the next topic.  She talked about how she wanted to avoid conflict due to her fear of dying.  At least not while she was alone.  She mentioned how she wanted to fight alongside other players but mentioned how players don't ask for her to join them.  Domarus mentally rolled his eyes.  So she was like the rest of them.  Fearing for her life and waiting for someone to come to her.  How typical he thought.  Although, it wasn't exactly the same thing.  She was still willing to go outside the town, she just wasn't going to fight.  And while she didn't actively seek out players to fight with her, she was doing what she could.  Perhaps she was decent enough.  A blank slate he could fill out.  Then she told him players thought she was a beta tester.  This time he stopped moving and turned to focus on her.  She was suspected of being a beta tester?  If the accusations were true then that only made her all the more valuable, despite her fear.  She quelled that option in a moment however, explaining that it was simply because she researched as much as she could before entering the game.  Seeing her researching the familiars like that he believed her.  He nodded.
     "Ah, I understand now.  If it makes you feel any better I'd let you hang out with me and my friends anytime.  Even if you were a beta tester.  In fact that would probably make things better."  Rhozarth's eyes were on Sadoka, his piercing gaze still intrigued by her.  As they continued to walk Domarus replied to her answer.
     "And as for combat you call me any time you'd like.  My entire skill set revolves around combat."

ID#  81408  LD:  1

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She smiled brightly, showing to Domarus that she had come to fully trust him. For Domarus, she would be an easy one to turn to his desires. As long as he didn't give her the idea that what he wanted was for the wrong reasons, she would follow him. "I would love to join your friends! Are you all in a guild? Or is it just a party?" How many of you are there?" Her curiosity was overflowing again, as she wanted to know everything she could about the group that she wanted to be a part of. all the while, she kept thinking about familiars, and who she would want as a companion. Perhaps a feathered dragon? That would be interesting... Either way, she would figure it out before beginning the quest. Speaking of quests, she wondered how close they were to the boss. They had been traveling for some time now, after all

@Domarus

Edited by Floofy

The girl was clearly ready to believe anything that was thrown to her.  Easily manipulative.  This was both an excellent thing for the master of manipulation, but also a very great weakness.  A player who wanted to exploit him, get information from him, or destroy him would need to find her.  She could be a weak point if he didn't train her right.  He might need assistance from the others as well.  She then threw him a barrage of questions which he needed to be careful with answering.
     "Slow down for a second.  We have no guild, although I am considering whether or not I should form one should we get enough players.  So far there are only four of us total.  Right now we're separate.  Individual's who have only run into each other.  But...  I have an idea that will help them learn to work together as one unite.  When that's done we'll officially be a party.  Well, actually far more than a party."  The two continued walking and he had no doubt that the woman would ask for more details.  He had a feeling that she'd be interrupted soon however as the dark elf was almost close enough to start the combat.
     "Alright, so how do you wish to proceed with the battle?  Either you can fight the boss and I stand and watch, acting if you need it, or I can just decimate the stupid npc.  It's your choice."  If she let him destroy it she'd see a glimpse of what real power looked like.  Only a glimpse because he was far from where he needed to be.  Not only did he have to maximize his skills, but he wondered if he could possibly get his hands on a unique skill.  However it was seeming more and more unlikely.  Which meant he'd need to find alternative means to overcome players with unique skills.  

ID#  81417  LD:  10  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

"Err... I think I can take it... What are the stats compared to mine?" She looked at Domarus nervously. She did feel confident in her own abilities, but that would only stand up for so much, when the other factors are numbers. The Dark Elf numbers could be significantly bigger than her own, so all the skill in the world might not save her if she got killed in one hit. She needed to approach this cautiously, in order to reduce the risk of getting hurt. Once she knew the comparison of her stats vs. the boss, she would make a firm choice on how to approach the battle. She did want to fight alone if possible, though. It would help her level up as well as give her further combat experience. In the end, if she couldn't handle it, Domarus would be there to protect her.

Domarus grunted when she asked what the boss's stats were, obviously concerned that she might not be able to handle it.  Although he could understand if she was a low level.  He wasn't sure how low she was but regardless he would help her one way or another to take down this boss.  Whether it was watching over her or not.

"He's a pathetic boss.  Twelve health and nine damage.  Honestly this entire quest isn't worth much but it's a start.  You should last against him unless you miss over and over again.  Missing used to be an issue for me.  That's why I had my next weapon have three slots of accuracy enhancements placed on it.  You might want to think about the enhancements you'd like to place on your own weapon and gear.  No doubt you'll have evasion on your armor though."  Domarus had his eyes set on all out damage and thus his familiar was damage, his weapon accuracy, his armor a combination of mitigation and thorns.  If he could stack thorns he'd probably have two sets of thorn but unfortunately it didn't.  Domarus would probably need to have a second set of armor crafted for tanking purposes.  Once he did he would most likely need to use that set of gear rather than his damage focusing gear.  At least until they had enough tanks for the front lines.  He still needed to keep an eye out for a suitable tank who would be worth taking for his organization.  He still needed a fourth general after all.  Or, perhaps he didn't.  He might be able to double as a tank as well as a dps.  Domarus would need to think about it and decide whether or not it would be worth it to reduce the amount of generals down to three rather than four.  Porvós spotted another material while hanging from Keres and directed her to it.  It was a large ruby that most likely someone had dropped.  She picked it up and handed it to Domarus who inserted it into his inventory.

ID#  81529  LD:  17  +1 MAT

@Floofy

Edited by Domarus

She nodded, listening to Domarus as he spoke. Taking a deep breath, she stepped forward. "I'm ready." This was it, her first official battle. This would be her moment, where she proved that she wouldn't lose to this world. She would fight, and become strong! Drawing her spear out, she focused her attention to the Dark Elf in front of her, watching it for any signs of aggressive movement. Suddenly, she rushed forward with the intent to drive her spear into the opponent, but at the last moment the elf moved aside and smashed the hilt of its sword into Sakodas back, causing her to crash to the ground and dropping her health by nearly half. I missed, and it did so much damage to me... she thought to herself. Perhaps she wasn't ready for this after all. Two more strikes like that, and she would surely be killed.

Spoiler

ID#81531 BD: 3 (FAIL) MD: 7 (HIT)

Domarus watched as she nodded and drew her weapon, advancing into the clearing with the Dark Elf.  Keres watched as the woman moved forward while Rhozarth too flight and ascended to a higher branch to get an overview of the scenario.  Porvós slithered into the bushes to watch from the shadows.  There really was no need for Porvós to hide.  It was just it's second nature to slither into the shadows.  Keres and Domarus watched as Sakoda approached the Dark elf.  The boss sneered.
     "What's this?  A baby wants to take on a dark elf?  A master of combat?  How adorable!"  When the girl made her first attack the Dark elf dodge it easily, laughing at her pitiful efforts.  After the dodge he slammed the pommel of his sword into her back, sending her health down to nearly half.
     "How pathetic!  This is what you get for challenging a high dark elf you infant!"  Domarus narrowed his eyes at this.  The only way her health could have dropped that swiftly was if she was...  He sighed as he opened his menu swiftly.  For crying out loud she was level one.  Why didn't she mention this piece of information?  He equipped his Hopebreaker set.  The two armor pieces and his two handed battle ax before charging forward.  Domarus reached the npc as he was raising his sword and swung his fist with enough force to knock it into a tree and crack the trunk.  Afterwards he charged forward and released Screw Dimension, completely and utterly destroying the boss.  Afterwards he sighed, his voice sounding deeper and a little metallic.  
     "You didn't mention that you were level one."

Spoiler

ID#  81535  BD:  7+3=10 non crit  Sword art used:  Screw dimension x13 -13

@Floofy:  11/20 HP1/2 EN
Domarus:  
580/580 HP46/58

Dark Elf:  0/12  HP  -14x13=182 dmg

Domarus' armor

Spoiler

58e69a0d7f599_Hopebreaker2.thumb.jpg.272eddffc1792d8544dd68724789860e.jpg

Edited by Domarus

She blushed, embarrassed. "I...didn't think about it" she looked down, trying to hide her shame. She hadn't even thought about her low level being an issue. How in the world did it slip her mind? Either way, her forgetfulness had almost got her killed. If she wanted to survive, she needed to pay attention to those kinds of things. She couldn't just throw herself at any fight and expect to be ok. "I'm really sorry, I didn't...I thought that..." Sakoda's hands balled up into fists as she started to cry. She had made a fool of herself in front of her new friend and mentor. "I'm such an idiot!!" She shouted at nobody in particular, mainly at herself. "I should've known I wasn't ready! I should've stayed in the Town of Beginnings!!" She yelled, slamming her fist into the ground in frustration.

@Domarus

Domarus saw her ultimately collapse, not at his armor or his voice, but this one small detail that she had failed to share.  Domarus watched as she broke and started to cry.  He stared as she banged her fists against the ground.  He took a glance to Keres who was struggling not to laugh.  This was pathetic.  There really was no other way to describe it.  How old was this woman?  Finally she screamed that she should have just stayed in the town of beginnings.  If Domarus didn't kick this girl back into reality she'd be dead for sure.  He walked over, his armor making heavy sounds as he walked over.  He didn't rush, he walked slowly so she could cry a little bit.  When he reached her he wrapped his hand around her arm and lifted her up.
     "Alright listen."  He kneeled down so that his glowing red visor was even with her own.  Keres turned to look at Rhozarth, but the flaming dragon focused on what was going on.
     "Sakoda.  There are two different types of people.  The weak, and the strong.  Those players you see in the towns who refuse to step outside?  They are weak.  Pathetic.  They let their fear consume them and they rot from the inside out.  The strong choose to go out despite the danger and the fear.  They make a mistake and they learn from it.  You are intelligent.  You're like me actually.  You calculate and study everything there is to learn.  What you haven't learned yet is how to take that information and make actual plans.  Right here, right now, you've made a mistake.  And now you have a choice.  You can join those weak players who cower in fear and wait for their knight in shining armor to come and save them, or you can learn to stand up and keep from making the same mistake twice.  Every mistake I've made I've learned from and have never done a second time."  Domarus stood up and offered her his hand.
     "If you want to be strong and stop living in fear then I can help you.  But if you choose to be strong then you cannot fall apart every time you screw up.  So what path do you intend to choose?"

@Floofy

For a while, Sakoda watched him in awe. This reaction was not one she expected from the man she had met this morning, but it was what she needed to hear. Domino is right, I can't give up like this. With a look of determination now ignited in her eyes, she took his hand and grinned. "Thanks, Denmark.. I mean, Domarus. I needed that. You saved my life today, in more ways than one!" She paused for a moment, as if considering something, and then spoke up again. "I owe you my life." She looked at him in the eyes "Domarus, sir.. I may not be very useful now but please, allow me to..er....serve you, I suppose?" She shrugged, unsure of how else to word it. She felt like she owed Domarus a great deal for what he did for her, and wanted to show her eternal gratitude. "i promise I'll become strong! Like you! Teach me how to survive in this world, Domarus sir... Teach me to be strong." she bowed her head, nervously awaiting the reply.

@Domarus

The girl was weak.  Not just in stats but in heart mind soul and will.  Everything about her was weak.  However something about this scenario was familiar.  Then he remembered.  He had planned to take a player named Mossino, use potions to break her, and then take that broken, misshapen form and transform it into the perfect force to serve him.  Essentially she was the same way right now.  Broken and ready to be remade.  He wondered just how powerful she could become.  She mentioned how she owed him his life, which he essentially ignored.  However what he could not ignore was her offer to serve him.  Domarus wasn't sure if she was being genuine or couldn't find the right words and just stumbled on that one.

"I don't think you'll want to be my servant.  However I wouldn't mind having an apprentice if you'd be interested.  I'll teach you not only how to be strong.  I'll show you how the world really works.  What your family and friends hide from you to preserve your innocence.  Those who are strong are those who refuse to be ignorant."  He stood up straight again, the red glow of his visor flashing for a moment.
     "Make no mistake, you will be strong.  Of that I will make sure of.  What you do with that strength is ultimately up to you."  Rhozarth flew down and landed on Domarus' shoulder after he had switched his armor to his casual clothing once again.  Keres walked over and bowed to Sakoda.  
     "It's wonderful to see you join us mistress Sakoda."  

ID#  81555  LD:  5  @Floofy

Edited by Domarus

Sokoda bowed, grinning happily. "Thank you, Domarus sir! I'll do my best!" She looked up to Domarus, excited to start her training. She knew that with Domarus' instruction, she would become better than she could imagine! "O-Oh! The Quest, I almost forgot!! It's ok that you killed the boss, ya? I can still gather the reward?" Honestly, she would be ok with being unable to complete the quest. Part of her wanted to come back once she was stronger and avenge herself. The other part of her didn't want to relive her near death experience, but that was more of an irrational fear considering she would be stronger the next time she came. "Oh, thank you  Keres! Sorry, I almost ignored you there." She bowed apologetically to Keres.

Domarus watched as Sakoda thanked him, appearing to be extremely excited and anxious.  He'd need to start planning out the process he would take to train her and what he'd need to do.  He'd need to start with finding more about this player as without information he would never know how to process forward.  Then she almost freaked and asked about the boss.  He sheathed his two handed battle ax and nodded.  
     "Yes, yes you can still reap the reward.  Come on let's go back to the town and speak with that npc.  You'll get the leather armor after handing the item to him.  Here,"  he handed her the item dropped by the boss.  After that she noticed Keres who bowed to her and thanked her.  Keres smiled and giggled when Sakoda bowed to her.
     "No problem mistress.  And no need to bow to me."  Domarus watched the exchange, wondering how she'd react once she discovered Keres' most....  Interesting qualities.  And interests.  There was a reason Keres enjoyed having a flaming snake wrapped around her.  Rhozarth looked at the two curiously.  It seemed his interest in the woman was correct.  Domarus turned to Sakoda.  Whether this event would prove to be an excellent asset, or a terrible thing would be seen in the future.  Domarus began to walk towards the town, Keres gesturing for Sakoda to follow.  Domarus could ask her for details on her personal life, but then she'd probably ask him for his.  He could give the overly summarized and ultimately untruthful version or he could just wait.

@Floofy

Sakoda blushed at being called 'mistress '. It certainly want a title she felt like she had earned. "No need to call me mistress" she chuckled, before accepting the drop from domarus. As they left,  sakoda noticed domarus appears to be thinking.  "Are you wondering about me? I mean,  real life me?" It was a total shot in the dark, but she couldn't think of what else could be occupying the mans mind, considering recent events. "Don't worry, I don't mind sharing!" She said running ahead of him, turning around to face him and starting to walk backwards. As she did, she seemed to gain a skip in her step.  How did she even know where she was going? She could easily walk into a tree like this,  yet she seemed to be confident in her backwards walking abilities. 

@Domarus

The girl said nearly what he'd been thinking.  Outwardly he did not allow any real reaction to escape.  Inwardly he knew this was just a guess, but he couldn't help but be shocked at the coincidence of it all.  And of course the naive and ever trusting girl told him that she had no problems sharing information like that.  Looks like the training will begin here he thought to himself.  After all he couldn't let valuable information slip so easily.  Especially with players who might make things far worse for him, and difficult for his operations in the future.  It might even screw up his progress on manipulating her as well.
     "While I wasn't thinking about your real life information as that's private, I was indeed wondering about you.  And if I'm going to be training you I will continue to grow curious on a few things about you, however they will no doubt be answered in time.  However."  He looked at her in the eyes as she walked backwards.  Why she would choose to do that he had no clue whatsoever.  Being blind to what you were approaching was worse than just giving info up the way she did.
     "It is a poor idea to just hand personal information over to anyone like that.  How long have you known me?  Not even an hour.  You would simply give that kind of information to a complete stranger?  And yes I am a stranger because you do not know that much about me.  It's a risk.  Information is power, and the more you give up, the more power someone has over you.  You must be careful not to give a stranger power over you.  Does this make sense?"  Keres watched as he tutored her on information and giving it out to others.  Domarus was indeed a master of deception and there was no one better.

@Floofy

She nodded as she listened to his words. "Ya, I guess that's true.. but you also saved my life! I can trust you." She grinned, hopping over a rock that she would've tripped over otherwise. "Besides, if you REALLY wanted to know about me, you'd try and force it out of me by threatening me. Bad guys aren't clever like that," She giggled, completely ignoring the fact that she had avoided an obstacle that she should have had no idea even existed. "But I do see what your saying. I can't trust everyone so easily, or else they'll use my trust to get me to do things for them." A few steps later, she stumbled over a root that had grown over the path, causing her to fall backwards onto her rear.

Domarus wondered if he should give up right here and now.  It certainly seemed hopeless to teach this player.  At least Mossino had a decent enough amount of intelligence when she was around.  This player however didn't seem to have any sound reason or logic in her at all.  That just added another thing to teach her.  He was beginning to write a mental list of things that he absolutely needed to teach her.  How to use her brain was the first one.  The second would be knowledge on the game mechanics so she could be useful.  Third being how to actually use those skills she intends to get.  And finally how to please others, though she may have that skill already.  However...  He wasn't sure and he'd need to talk about it with the others, but he may or may not turn her into more than just a puppet and tool.  Regardless of what happened to her he would ensure she became and remained his follower.  Finally she tripped and fell backwards, drawing a sigh from Domarus.
     "You should expect that kind of thing to happen whenever you decide to move backwards.  If you can't see where you're going you confront obstacles you never foresaw and therefore were nowhere near ready for.  I'll eventually teach you how to sharpen your senses but for now let's just stick with learning how to keep an eye on the path ahead of you as well as those around you, shall we?"  Keres couldn't help but giggle as she followed the two and helped Sakoda to her feet.  Bowing to her after assisting.  Rhozarth flew overhead.  She may be clumsy and stupid at times, but the dragon could tell that she would be a powerful ally in the future.  If properly trained of course.

@Floofy

Blushing and nodding, Sakoda bowed to Domarus, muttering a soft, "Yes Sir" before walking behind him and following his lead "You're right. I need to pay attention. Im sorry for being careless, both during the boss and now." She didn't sound sad when apologizing, and even looking at her one could see that she wasn't sad but rather determined to become better. She may have to relearn who she is, but she would be willing to do anything to show that she can be strong, like Domarus. perhaps there was more to this innocent little girl than meets the eye, and surely Domarus sought to bring that out of her, and make that the true Sakoda. or, if that didn't work, he would just try to create a new Sakoda out of this broken one. Either way, he had her in his grasp now, and she was completely unaware.

He watched as she got up with the help of Keres and acknowledged him.  She admitted to her failure and admitted what she had to change.  What surprised Domarus was that this time she didn't apologize.  There was no sadness or depression, no hint of self destruction.  She was determined.  Most likely Domarus had become an example of strength and she'd want to become like him.  Unfortunately he wasn't the strongest, and he knew it was still a long way before he became strong enough.  However he was stronger than nearly every other player in a much different way.  Perhaps not with stats but he was stronger in every other way.  It seemed Rhozarth had done an excellent job this time around with his pick.  This girl.  This pathetic, naive, innocent little girl.  Would become a strong warrior.  And either become a powerful tool for the organization's good reputation.  Or far far more.

"You'll go far Sakoda.  Of that much I can tell.  The town's in sight.  Go ahead and have your armor crafted.  After that we'll discuss what to do afterwards.  I have no place to stay in my shop, so we'll need to set up training sessions.  More then likely I'll be helping you with quests so that you can get stronger in stats, while at the same time help you with other areas that you'll need to practice.  There's far more to this world than you realize."  And I might just show you it all.

@Floofy

She smiled and nodded, walking to the town with him and turning in the quest item. Upon doing so, she requested that a Leather Coat with 1 evasion was made for her as per the reward. She accepted the item once the NPC had it prepared, and equipped it. Walking outside of the shop, she bowed to Domarus once again. "Thank you so much for your help! Without you, I would certainly be dead now. I truly do owe you my life, and if there is anything I can do, call me up. Even if it's something as silly as delivering an item!" She looked up and started laughing. She cleared her throat and became serious. "I WILL become strong, Domarus. I swear I will!" A thought then occurred to her. "I should repay you for helping me with the quest! Maybe next time we meet, I can cook you a meal or something? I'm sure I can cook something simple for you! I got to head back to the inn now, otherwise I would do it here." WIthout waiting for an answer, likely because she just assumed he would say yes, Sakoda ran off to the inn, waving back at him.

Edited by Floofy