[PP-F1] <Earning A Living> BAM! Kicking It Up A Notch!

( Private Party For Cobalt & Keith )

The pitter patter of boots against cobblestone filled the air, the smells of different foods no doubt filled the nostrils of any player that passed through the long street of vendors. Sadly, it wasn't as rare to see beggars out & about asking for the other newbies to spare some Cols for at least a loaf of bread...the longer people stayed in 'Town Of Beginnings' the more beggars he saw. The players thoughts were 'If I were to stay at the Town Of Beginnings I wouldn't die at all.' which is true but without the necessary Col they wouldn't have the nourishment they yearned for and those who HAD Col were either greedy or had used it all up buying food day after day...even Cobalt himself had used up the last of his Col to buy 1 Bread & 1 Water for later. It was about time for Cobalt to move to the next town, he had helped out enough here trying to quell any insanity from scared players and even spared a bit of food & Col every so often; he couldn't possibly think of helping anyone else if he couldn't help himself. The warrior had planned his move to the next town for sometime now & knew more of less where to start...Getting a Profession; he pushed himself off a wall he was leaning against as he stared at all the players in the Merchants street, making his way over to the 'Cook NPC' to acquire the quest for starting chefs. Many would think that a warrior such as himself would choose something of more use like blacksmithing BUT cooking was just as important as making weaponry & armors...he will be able to help those in need with the meals he cooks, along his journey he is sure to run into many various parts of beasts he could cook up and offer to the hungry players that roamed the towns.

Cobalt entered the towns Tavern standing at the entrance of the doorway, his red eyes examining around the first floor; it wasn't lively BUT it wasn't dead either. His red hue's looking over at the quest marker above the Tavern Owners head "I'm looking to be a chef." his features were intimidating to many of the low level characters, he never seemed to crack a smile & his red eyes always caused people to stop mid conversation entranced by them, his white grey-ish hair seemed to be a rare sight to some as well, he was a walking oddity it seemed.

At a table in the same tavern, a blue haired boy's ears perked up at the sound of all the commotion coming to such a sudden halt. The boy glanced over and saw what seemed to be another player seeking a profession. He tipped back in his chair and tilted his head with curiosity. Something about this other player's eyes seemed so... Odd. Hair was something that could be changed anytime, but eye color was strict to what you had in real life. Something about the older player was definitely intriguing, and the boy kept watching to see what would happen next.

Cobalt finished speaking with the Quest Giver NPC "Lets see." he opened his menu pressing his finger on his journal button 'Earning A Living: Bam! Kicking It Up a Notch!' "Got it." he skimmed the quest description not really reading the elaborate commentary but looking more along the lines of the objectives "Kill 5 Boars & Obtain their meat." his red hues skimmed to the bottom "Collect a few herbs from the field." he clicked the cursor down, scrolling to see the rest of the details "Looks like the Chef will give me the supplies I need once I bring back the ingredients...and first recipe would be 'Boar Meat Stew'." the white grey-ish haired warrior closed his menu turning his back to the bartender, he'd have to be blind not to notice the players green hue's staring over to him "Problem?" he said calmly, many would think his voice was made for intimidation due to it being so low but his matured tone was naturally laced within his words, he wasn't trying to sound menacing.

The older player's voice carried a hint of intimidation, and had a hint of sternness to it to. Keith, always having a hard time not knowing when to leave someone alone, made a warm smile and waved over at the player. "I noticed you were going to go do a quest! Would it be alright if I tag along too? I won't get in your way." He said, standing up and holding out his hand for a shake. "I'm Keith! It's very nice to meet you!"

The warrior sauntered over to the boy, his young facial features could easily deduce his age around 15-17 years of old, judging about how he wanted to join up with a complete stranger made his younger age apparent. It wasn't safe to trust people; Cobalt wasn't one not to be trusted, mind you, BUT the apparent danger of a stranger luring a player out to get PKed in the fields is probable. The red eyed man looked into the boys green orbs, a face solid & stern as a rock...until his lips gave way & began to curve into a smile "You can call me Cobalt." he slapped his hand into the boys & gripped it firmly while shaking. The player was no innocent boy either...his cursor, a red player...guess he'd have to keep on his toes if he accepts the boys offer for help "You look more than capable to help this old man out, yeah? I welcome the help." he let go of Keith's hand bringing it to his side "All we need is some herbs & boar meat, simple enough. They can be found in the Southern Fields from here." he opened up his hud dropped down the party menu sending Keith a 'Party Invite', if worse comes to worse with this red player he could always run back to town. Cobalt made his way over to the tavern door opening it, half his body already out before he turned to look at Keith "Well, you coming?" he said playfully rushing him, he stepped outside feeling the sun beat against his skin but it was too over bearing.

Keith clicked the small button on his menu that invited him to a party. In the corner of his eye, he saw the name Cobalt appear and a health bar appear. He followed Cobalt outside and felt the sun lay across the land. He took a deep breath and smiled, enjoying the nice weather setting on Aincrad today. He followed Cobalt through the town as they started to head out to the outer fields, some Frenzy Boars roaming in the distance. "Alright, so you wanna take the first shot or should I?" Keith asked Cobalt while putting a hand on the katana on his side.

Cobalt gripped onto the hilt of his blade swing it over his head taking it out of his holster, his battle stance was an odd one to many especially since he use a two handed Great Sword. The warrior turned to his side, his sword behind him the tip of the blade inches away from the ground, his left hand closing into a fist and raised up about chest level "Lets skip the formalities & go all at once." he grinned, dashing forward towards the boars "Yaaah!" he lifted the blade up and over his head letting the Great Sword's weight & the force of his swing fall straight down on one of the boar, shattering the ground beneath it. Cobalt pulled the Great Sword from the ground, turning to face the other creatures.

---------

Kills

Boar x1