[PP-F1] A word to the wise (Able, Neabaz)

Light streamed in from the tavern window and shimmered off the bar. Neabaz had a mug of ale in his hand and wore a slight smile on his face. Recalling the time he spent as a bartender in the real world he hoped to one day be able to experience that again. It is strange that so many of the people in this world are filled with such contemptment for this game they are trapped in. Why anyone would want to leave is beyond me that is for sure He thought to himself as he took a few gulps of his ale, the light brown liquid producing a shimmering brown pattern on the bar as it passed through the rays of light streaming in from the window. This place is full of lost souls, I wonder why they seem to be so scared. Perhaps they fear death? Though, what is one death in the greater scheme of the universe? It is not like anyone mattered to begin with. His smile increased as he looked around the bar, taking a few more large gulps of ale. The tavern was mostly empty, as it tended to be these days. I wonder how far they have gotten, meh. This ale is just as important as it is to worry about such things

@Able

Meandering his way throughout the Town of Beginnings, he strutted his physique with his hands in his pockets and his shirt partially undone as always. Having one sleeve rolled up to his elbow and the other hanging around freely as it please, he let the breeze that crossed his body connect as welcoming as ever. It was like a friendly hug that he'd wish he could get all day and every day. "What shall I do today?" He asked himself as if he was expecting an answer. He had his red haired bangs hanging down to his eyes, but still out of the way enough that it didn't impair his vision. He kept a confident smirk on his face as he was always a guy to think of himself greatly. Although this world is awful and he has high doubts that the game will be cleared, he had full confidence that he could make it to the front lines whenever he pleased. He let out a sigh of boredom, as the floor was boring as always and filled with extremely low leveled players, especially the ones that were afraid to leave the town's borders. Nobody was going to get out of here if they didn't bother making an effort, and honestly, although he was being slow about his own efforts, he sure didn't mind hanging around for just a bit longer.

Not much longer of a walk throughout the cobblestone streets and the well arranged housing which consisted primarily of inns, taverns and bars towards the outskirts and then some shops in between. Having entered few shops and taverns, he didn't meet people as he was never really too much of a drinker. Alcohol had effects on him that would only make his ego inflate as well as his charm on the women, and even some unwanted men if he so pleased to swing that way. Chuckling to the thought of drinking, he shook his head instead. Nearby he had seen an inn, one he could dine in as he hadn't eaten much at all today. The sky was filled with dusk, entering into the night while the moon crept its way up the sky. Opening the wooden door of the inn, he didn't see many people. The place look empty for the most part, but there were still enough people that he could fill his view if he desired to. Not giving much of a damn in the world, he sat at the bar and ordered a water and that was all. Hunger wasn't his biggest worry, plus he had learned to not eat nearly as much as he used to, especially because eating wasn't nearly the same in this world.

Wrapping his hands around the glass, the condensation rolled down from the top to where his hand touched the glass. His knuckles bent slightly so that he could lift up the glass without it slipping, he brought the rim of the glass to his lips and let a few glugs of water enter his throat. Refreshingly, as he set the glass down, you could hear the clinking of the ice chattering against the sides back and forth very quietly for a brief period. Beside him was a man, not much older than him by the looks of it, but a man nonetheless. He had black hair, but didn't look like he wanted to be bothered, so therefore he didn't even give a sign of wanting to start a discussion, instead he kept his smirk on his face and looked around, especially at a few of the ladies that happened to blush with his glares and smiles.

The tavern door swung open, the wind created causing the black overcoat Neabaz was wearing shift about slightly. A confidant red haired man strutted in, this man’s clothing style seemed to be fairly close to Neabaz’s. Interesting, I wonder if all we have in common is fashion sense The man seemed to be slightly taller than Neabaz but must have also been a few years younger. As said by Andrew Lo “Most people are overconfident about their own abilities. That is probably a good thing. But we would be horrified if a physician's aide engaged in heart surgery.” I do so hope that this man now sitting next to me does not hold his confidence to such a level as to contend with those fighters I so oft heard about. Perhaps I shall introduce myself to this man Neabaz turned to the man sitting next to him, a warm smile on his face Hello there, Sir. I am Neabaz, it a pleasure to make your acquaintance  He holds out his hand to the red haired man. Might I ask you, what are your aspirations? Neabaz prepared for a confused response from the man beside him. Regardless as to the outcome I shall stick to my guns on this I have so oft done in the past.

The player beside him made himself noticed rather quickly. Stating his name and reaching out his hand towards Able was a bold move especially for somebody not knowing what he could be like. But being the person that Able was, he felt confident that whatever he was getting into he could get himself out of with relative ease. Accepting the player's handshake, he returned his hand to the drink, which he brought up to his lips. Keeping one hand in his pocket as he stretched out his legs, he thought of how he'd reply as a starting statement, but just like always he went with the typical method of introducing himself. "The name's Tobias or Able, you can call me either. As for aspirations, though I'm not exactly in a hurry to get out of here, I wouldn't mind getting back to my real life, unlike most people here I don't have a troubled past, I actually enjoyed being home and spending time with my complete family and friends. I'm working my ways right now though to becoming a front liner just so I can help with the bosses, and to get some of that sweet loot that they drop at times." Able let out a deep breath as today had been a long, boring day. Nothing really happened and he was just relaxing, when he should've been training. It wouldn't be long before he will decide to go and get himself a day set aside where he would do nothing but gather material for a blacksmith to craft him gear, for an alchemist to create some consumables for him and for any other profession to give him what he needed.

Able had the intentions of getting a guild together with some people once he could find himself a group that he would enjoy their presence. Taking another mouthful of water, he chugged down the remainder of the contents in the glass, and set it down gently. Beneath the glass with droplets forming around it everywhere, you could see a ring of water had formed a circular pool of the melted ice that had made it's way into the wooden bar counter. "As for you?" he inquired in return. Surely this player must know what he's talking about if he's already going about asking people what sort of goals they have in mind for this world and this game. Not exactly looking like one of the most welcoming people, he didn't mind talking to the occasional stranger once in a blue moon.

The bustling tavern seemed to be quieting down as the two sat and spoke. The man next to Neabaz had quite the way of speaking. I must commend you, it has been some time since I have been graced with such a firm handshake! Such a man as him is not uncommon to me, I had quite a few people as this that I have met in my time bartending. You have quite bold aspirations, Tobias. Though I must say your reasoning behind chasing these aspirations are quite unique when compared to others I have encountered so far. Neabaz gulped down some more ale before continuing, it seemed he was piecing together his response. As for myself, I find that my goal is to live the life I dreamed of as a child. That of a great bartender, so that I may invite people to happiness throughout this world of fantasy. Neabaz gave a chuckle at the remembrance of why he had entered this game I will, one day, be known as the best bartender in the land! Surely, I will make it there, though I must first find the way. Neabaz observed Tobias with a smile exposing his pristine teeth. His smile always seemed to have a way of radiating to others who were in need of cheering up, though Neabaz assumed that Tobias needed no such thing.

"A bartender you say? Interesting, though I've never been big on the whole drinking game, I don't mind a drink once in a while. It's a momentous occasion when I drink, plus I rarely ever get drunk, so when that day comes it'll be one for the books." He made himself chuckle at his own remark on the stance of drinking being nearly taboo for him with the occasional allowance of it here and there. Smiling towards his direction, Neabaz had a way to speak that was different from others. He doesn't carry himself around as if he were too strong, nor does he even bother with an ego, instead his literal dream was to become a great bartender and help put smiles on people's faces. "So tell me why is it that you decided bartending would be the job for you? Why not become a performer then if you'd like to make people happy, after all alcohol is a depressant so in the end it doesn't actually make you happier. Performances or even merchandise from a profession may be far more suitable for you." He thought for a brief moment. "On secondhand, you could even go along with the alchemist route, you can create your own alcohols that provide in combat effects temporarily. Consumables are always in the market too, which is why it's so popular at the current stage of the game. Front liners are always looking for a way to reach new heights through the uses of consumables as they stack with the gear they are using."

It seemed that Neabaz had tickled Tobias’ fancy with his appreciations of bartending I would like to be a bartender here because that is my profession in the real world. I grew up envisioning what it would be like to own a medieval style bar and hear stories of wonderful tales from the adventures and warriors on the battlefield as so oft is portrayed in stories and games. Neabaz’s eyes almost seemed to glisten and sparkle at the talk of bartending, It truly was his passion. This man does bring up some good points though, I must decide how to word my next few statements…  Neabaz left a moment of silence to think before giving Tobias the rest of his answer, also taking that time to take a few more swigs of ale, ultimately finishing off his mug Indeed Alcohol is a depressant and in the end you have a great possibility to end up worse than you were before. But the way I see it, the experience and friendship that you can find in a bar has the possibility to make even the most depressive alcoholic streak come to a dead halt. As shown by Bruce K. Alexander’s experiment Rat Park, addiction, depression, anxiety? They have less to do with the Alcohol and more to do with your cage and those around you. Not to mention I feel no reason to pay head to those overly ambitious front-liners. I love this world and if they want my help I will help but a call to action must be justified. All they can do postpone their death by escaping this game, we have been giving a phenomenal opportunity to experience the wonders of this new world. I do not see the point in wasting it pushing to run from a death that can easily out-stride us. Ordering another ale he thought about some of the other points the mad made not wanting to talk too much. And I do so hope that when I get a bar up and running you will grace me with the opportunity to serve you one the occasion you feel you are to want to get drunk! The warm smile on Neabaz seemed to increase with this, it was all he could do to keep from continuing gushing about his dream of bartending.

Able shrugged his shoulders at the offer to come to his bar anytime once it's established for anyone to come drink within. He had no intentions of rejecting the offer, but not really finding a reason to accept it either, so with that he left the offer open and unanswered for the time being. Catching the eye of another female player, he gave her a smile, and a glance from his eyes, which caused her to blush. Returning his attention to the man at his side. "I see, so what's your opinion on moving up the floors? Surely you won't make nearly as much business with the people you meet if they all get too far ahead in the floors and no longer have a need to return to these tiers but would much rather find themselves training on floors that actually give them money, loot, and materials for their own shops. I really do suggest you consider becoming an alchemist in this situation, it might be a profession that might suit you greatly. As for me, I'm debating on becoming a merchant who fights on the front lines." Looking back over at the girl, whom couldn't take her eyes off Able anymore, he grinned once more in a flirtatious manner. "As for me--" he stopped himself as he swung his body around on the seat so that he was now turned facing his entire body towards the door. "As for me, I have intentions of becoming a merchant. Someone who can specialize in the identifying of objects on the battle field so they don't have to take it to a shop. Perhaps you'd like to come with me and search for some loot right now if that's not too much."

The gesture was clearly moreso he could gather material for himself, but he would still gladly help the player out in gaining his own gear too if he so needed help. Able stood from his seat stretching and then managed to find his body back on the wooden platform that allowed him to sit where he was. The ring on the counter was still moist, but not soaked as it had been minutes ago. The bartender brought Neabaz another drink, which he welcomed greatly with a smile on his face. "You'll never be able to stay in touch with all of the people you meet if you are stuck on this floor. I'll be around to help you out if you ever need it, as I'm making my way to the top, perhaps I'll even give you a hand or a visit once in a while."

Neabaz chuckled to himself as he watched the quick flirtatious interaction between the two I do not think accelerating through floors will affect me all that much if I am to be honest. I plan to be the best bartender that this world has ever seen as such, I expect people to be lining up at my door when the time comes for them to be opened regardless as to the floor I am on. Standing up as well and following Tobias out the door, grabbing the ale on the way out. Neabaz continued one his speech. I would be grateful to accompany you to get some materials. It is true that I will not be able to get customers here on the first floor and with the progress as of late I assume that the lower ten floors will be no longer relevant in a rush, though I do believe I can set up a shop on any floor that is unlocked and will more than likely find a floor that is easier to gain valued customers on. And while I understand the reason you would push someone to be a merchant, I have no motivation to do such a thing. One cannot sit and drink in an alchemy lab, I will gain much more intelligent discussion as a bartender. Continuing to walk Neabaz began to think about the merchant class. I would have assumed a merchant would buy and sell goods but the way he speaks of it perhaps is to mean that they instead unlock qualities of loot. That would indeed be a strange use for a merchant. I cannot say that I truly know what merchants do. You say you want to identify loot found on the battlefield, tis an interesting trade but more than likely very necessary if that is what you will be doing! And seeing your confidence, I have no doubt that you will quickly become one of the finest merchants in all of Aincrad. There was something of a lighthearted skip in Neabaz’s voice, one that would lead some to believe he was beginning to feel drunk if they didn't know him well enough to identify his cheery tone of voice and the different inflictions he assigned them.

Watching as Neabaz rose from his seat and agreed to follow him to gather material. Perhaps he'd even go a little mob grinding with him as Able felt confident enough that he could tank, so long as he can generate enough hatred during the fight. He didn't want players to die on his watch and quite frankly, getting players out there to learn how to fight. Opening the door, before leaving, he gave another glance at the woman and smiled at her, thus making her blush once more before she waved him good-bye. Nodding towards his direction, he left the bar with Neabaz. Able had led Neabaz to the outskirts of town, not completely out into the wilderness yet. "Are you sure you feel confident enough to come out? I don't want anything happening to you, not that I wouldn't try to save you if I had to." he warned him with proper caution. Taking a level one out into the wilderness on the first floor was a dangerous effort, but if done right, the player would not be that same level in the end, and have a better chance of surviving the next time they went out.

The two walked out into the open air, Neabaz equipped his massive Greataxe. Holding it instead of placing it on his person. It is not a matter of confidence it is a matter of observation and trust. You seem to be strong enough to protect me and I trust that you will. And hey, who cares if I die? I won't have to worry about postponing it anymore. He had a wide smile despite the negative tone it more than likely would have resonated. His way of speaking shown that he was at complete ease with the idea of his own death. I welcome death with open arms, though I do not seek it. It will approach me when the time is right and she will whisk me into her kingdom. When that time comes I will be the same man you see before you now, one of happiness and peace all his days. What wrongship can come from such a thing as life? Nothing that cannot be overcame! Why approach everything as if it were the end? The end is no more than an opening to another world and to become one with the universe once again, as we were before, as we always have been, and as we always will be.

Able listened to the man as he talked of his opinion on dying and immediately he realized that something was wrong with him. Though he may not show it, he talks his way to prove that he has had a rough past. No man should be welcoming the idea of death unless they've had such a disturbing history that they no longer wish to deal with the problem(s) anymore. "Right..." he said as he scratched the back of his head. "Are you sure you want to go out there, we can just go back in and talk through today into tomorrow instead." He didn't feel comfortable anymore knowing this man wouldn't fight back if he knew he was going to die. Able needed to surround himself with fighters, not people who are willing to die. Nothing is going to motivate him more than another person fighting for their life, it gives him the spirit to do the same. If he goes out there and something happens where Able can't provide protection, what would happen? The man would smile as he dies at such a young age? Not on his watch. Turning around, he walked back towards the door of the bar and held it open. "Not just this but you've also been drinking a bit, perhaps I should too."