[PP-F5] Desert Raiders

Shanok arrived on floor five, determined to go gather the required materials to make <<Tamahagane>>, he then remembered that his friend Miaki told him he wanted to get some of that material. Shanok opened up his menu, he then opened up the message window and sent Miaki the following message.

Hey Miaki, I'm on floor five, I'm heading out to gather some <<Tamahagane>> and I remembered you told me you wanted some of that. So, if you want, we could go gather some together, an extra person is always helpfull, since we'll be fighting monsters.

"Now that this is done, it's time to play the waiting game" Shanok said to himself as he walked up to a bench and sat down.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having received Shanok's message Miaki checked his gear and made his way to the nearest teleportation gate. "Teleport! Ignius!" Giving the command Miaki was instantly taken to the sizable desert town on the fifth floor. "Remember this place buddy?" He said to his falcon, Silverwing. "This dustbowl is the same as the way we left it the last time we were here." He loaded his map of the area and selected <> which marked the location of anyone he knew on the floor. He spotted Shanok and navigated through the streets. "Hey Silver, help me find Shanok." The falcon suddenly took off into the air in search of their friend.

Shanok was sitting on the bench, waiting for Miaki who told him he'd be coming. "Why's he taking so long?" he asked himself, he then heard a cry coming from above, he looked up and saw Miaki's familiar, Silver. Shanok got up and shouted "Silver! I'm here!" while waving his hand. "Now, to wait for Miaki..." he said to himself.

"I asked around and nobody seemed to know anything precise on how to get it, they only knew two things. That we have to kill <> and <> to get the items that are required to make <<Tamahagane>> and the general area of where we might find those" Shanok told Miaki. "Here, I'll send you my map data" he added. Shanok opened up his map and clicked on the <> option. "It's somewhere in that circle I drew" he said, "I don't know where exactly, but it's definitely in there".

Miaki pressed the [O] on his display and received the updated map point. "Well fortunately the walk is maybe 40 minutes." He looked up at the cloudless sky with the sunny beaming down on them. "Cause I sure as hell wouldn't want to be out here long. With any luck, the place will have some shade too. Or even better! Underground! There are alot of mines and quarries around here."

Shanok was about to reply to Miaki to tell him that they were at the right place but he saw the sand under Miaki's feet forming a tower and raising him in the air. He then realized that Miaki wasn't being raised into the air, the sand under his (Shanok) feet just dissapeared and he was falling down a hole. He tried to call his friend for help but he didn't have enough time and the hole closed itself above him.

When Shanok finally opened his eyes, he was laying on a small pile of sand in a dark room. The room was so dark he could barely see one meter ahead of him, the light from the ceiling above was the only light in the room, and since the hole was closing up, the light would soon disappear. Shanok got up and started to walk around a bit, trying to not go too far from the light. He arrived at what he though was a wall but he realized that it was a column. He walked further away from the light until saw what looked like a circle, but he wasn't sure since the room was black. He stepped on it, a click sound was heard.

Torches from all around the room lit up, the room wasn't dark anymore, he could see everything that was in it, including the 2 skeletons in front of him.

Miaki landed in the room with Silverwing nose diving right behind. The light from the torches were coming up as he hit the ground. When the little dust that was kicked up settled, he saw the <> slowly approaching. "Prepare for combat! Battle routine. Set. Execute!" He drew his blade and charged forward!

Shanok realized that Miaki had fallen in with him. "Oh, you're there! That's great! I though I'd have to fight them alone" he said, "It seems we've found what we've been looking for, skeletons" he added. Shanok drew his Atlantian Guardian Blade and charged at one of the skeletons ((Skeleton#1)) intending to attack it before it could even move.

((Battle Dice 6 = 1 Damage dealt to skeleton#1))

Shanok felt the satisfaction of his attack hitting the enemy, he slashed the skeleton from left to right across it's ribcage leaving a red gash in it. Shanok then backed up from the skeleton, he didn't want to get hit by a counter attack. "Miaki, your turn!" he told his friend.

Shanok : 15/15

Miaki : 29/29

Silverwing : 24/24

Skeleton#1 : 16/17

Skeleton#2 : 17/17

"You thought I'd just leave you down here? Pft! Please. Have some respect for me. Get them!" Charging forward in still minimal darkness Miaki missed his first strike on the opponent.

(<> adds x2 dealt. Ex: Roll 8 = 2 HP loss; Roll 9 = 4HP loss)

Shanok followed up with another attack as soon as Miaki missed his, not leaving any time for the skeleton to counter attack. He pointed his sword behind him, charging his skill. His blade was shining a blue light as he charged towards the skeleton ((#1)).

-Battle Dice : 4 Attack misses-

As Shanok was going to slash the skeleton, the monster dodged at the last moment. Shanok was left wide open since he was still right beside the skeleton his skill had just ended.

In the darkness of the room beneath the desert floor. Miaki was still stumbling about trying to adjust to the low visibility and nissed his second attack.

"Damn skeletons!" Shanok yelled as readied another attack. "Stop dodging will ya!?" he added as he tried to hit the skeleton ((#1)) the was to his right.

-Battle Dice 3 Attack Misses-

The skeleton skillfully dodged Shanok's attack yet again. "Damn it!" Shanok said as he backed away from the two skeletons, not wanting to get hit by them since they seemed stronger than any monster he had fought before.

Miaki lunged at the first skeleton but the monster blocked the attack and swung back at his head. Miaki back flipped and brought his blade up. "Shanok! Switch!"

"Okay!" Shanok replied as Miaki told him to switch with him. Shanok sprinted towards the skeleton, determined to hit it this time. This time, he'd make sure that the skeleton wouldn't dodge.

-Battle Dice 10 Skeleton#1 takes 2 damage + paralyzed for 2 turns-

Shanok stabbed the skeleton's head, leaving another hole in it, he then backed up, "Switch!" he told to Miaki.

Skeleton#1 : 14/17