Leon stopped walking and glanced around, sighing in relief once he was certain there were no mobs nearby. He did, however, spot a singular tree in the middle of the field he was in, and began to make his way toward it. As he walked, he drew his sword and swung it around a few times to ease his nerves. He had no particular reason for going on this particular trip, and he had no destination, so he was more or less just wandering.

I always hate leaving the city, he thought to himself, swinging the sword a couple more times before sheathing it, the idea of fighting mobs and dying isn't a pleasant one, so why do I do this?

For now though, he knew he wouldn't be harmed by mobs. Once he made it to the tree, he sat down and leaned against it, glad to be in the shade, since the sun was rather bright on this particular day. Closing his eyes, he let himself relax and started to hum a tune. Maybe I'll have a small nap, he thought, I'm safe as is so it'll be fine.

Atzo was laying in a tree, as you do, watching the clouds drift by. He had heard someone below him, a weapon was sheathed and the person hit the ground, presumably he had taken a seat. Atzo shrugged and with an imaginable amount of grace he swung himself off the tree branch, did a flip and landed in front of the person, sticking the landing. Atzo looked at the man, he was clearly a low level player. “Hey, bud, what are you doing alone out here?” Atzo said, his normal smirk on his face, a warm, friendly expression in his eyes perfectly masking the pain he was actually feeling. “You should be more careful, don’t want you getting killed by a monster before you can get to the front lines, do we?” Atzo chuckled slightly and held out his hand “My name is Atzo, The Forgotten King. It is nice to meet you”

Leon tensed up when he heard the player land in front of him, but tried not to show it. As the player spoke, he slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times. Wow, he thought as Atzo introduced himself, he's really into this game. He gave a small smile and took Atzo's hand, starting to stand, "I'd like to imagine this game doesn't have it out for me, so I try to just play it cool. So far I've been pretty safe but uh.. if I make it to the front lines, I'm sure that'll change." He paused for a brief moment, and then gave a small shrug, "I'm Leon, although my username suggests something much more outlandish. A pleasure to meet you." Inwardly, he felt a little uncomfortable. Had this player, Atzo, been in the tree above him? That was the logical conclusion, but this WAS a video game, deadly or not. Maybe I'll ask him about it here shortly. For now, lets see where this interaction goes.

(I apologize for how long it took to respond. I have had an extremely busy past few days, and couldn't do more than check in on the site every now and then.)

Edited by RenaldoFarqwad
  • 1 month later...

Atzo analyze the man, he was definitely a low level, he probably would be able to recruit the kid to the guild if he wanted to. “It all depends on how you want to do it. Some people are still able to keep themselves safe when they are on the frontlines. People like Hikoru are masters of stealth and use that to protect them from damage and to deal extra. It is an interesting tactic and strange with how they fight.” Atzo didn’t lose the warm smirk-like grin he wore. “It is a pleasure to meet you Leon. So, if I may ask, what brings you out here? It is not everyday you see people relaxing outside the safezone” Atzo wasn’t lying per se, though he saw it quite often, it was mostly members of his guild and himself that would be doing it. They seemed to have a tendency to do such things.

@RenaldoFarqwad

Leon tilted his head thoughtfully, not certain who Hikoru was, but moved on and answered the next question, "Truth be told, I spend a lot of time out here. I'm not sure if I do it to admire the scenery or not, however, I seem to keep ignoring the obvious dangers that come with being outside of safe zones." He laughed and shook his head, glancing around. Mayhaps I should ask him about the tree, he thought, let's keep the conversation going, he seems like a nice guy. Smiling, Leon spoke, curiosity evident in his voice, "Soooo, this may be a little off topic, and I probably should have asked immediately, but uh.. where did you come from? The tree would be a logical answer but hey, this is SAO, so you never know right?"

Leon really wanted to ask a few other questions, especially about the whole Forgotten King thing. Was it just a role he played, or some sort of guild related title he had earned? Who knew? Maybe he'd find out in a little while.

Atzo nodded “Well you are lucky then. Not many low levels will leave the main city, it tends to bring about people who are looking for fresh blood and monsters that want the same.” He said as he stretched. “Oh, yeah, I was perched in the tree. I do that from time to time, it allows me to observe my surroundings and relax without fear of being easily seen. But that just goes to show how dangerous these places can be. If I was a red player and wanted you dead, you would be dead by now.” He chuckled at the thought. “Then again if I wanted to I don't even have to be red to kill you” he thought to himself though he had no intention of doing such things. It was odd that this player was so trusting of Atzo. Did he not notice that a high level stranger could be dangerous?

Leon raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, letting a little smirk show, "Well I guess it's a REAL good thing that you aren't a killer, then. But, I must ask," his tone became quizzical again, "you seem more than strong enough to handle any trouble that I suspect would be on the first floor. So is there some sort of surprise factor involved? Could you still be caught off guard and actually be injured, even though you are a lot stronger than I?" He began to wonder, and started to regret all those times he just kind of went out wandering. If I had known that it still kept stronger players on edge, he shifted his footing while he thought to himself, I'd have started in on getting stronger WAY earlier. "Maybe," Leon said with a small laugh, "I should start working towards self-improvement. Trying to wrap my head around the concept of a... well, of a death game.. it's kind of obscure."

Had he really forgotten the risks? People were literally dying. He'd have to pay more attention and start getting stronger.

Atzo chuckled “There is always the possibility to be killed, be it by high level red players or a mass of monsters. I could be taken down if the right scenario were to occur. But to answer your question, no I cannot be caught off guard. I do not allow myself to be caught off guard.” He looked around and dusted off the guild emblem on the right breast of his cloak. “You know, If you want protection I suggest joining a guild. I am the Leader of the Emerald Harbingers and we are looking for more members so if you are interested let me know. I have been known to save a guild member from death from time to time.” He waited for a response, he was definitely happy with his setup. He knew how to shine with recruitment and this was a good way to do it. He shifted the leg he put weight on as he waited.

Leon nodded slowly, a smile dancing across his face as Atzo mentioned how he did not allow himself to be caught off guard. That sounded so intense, he thought to himself, maybe he REALLY got into this game. He continued to listen, and raised an eyebrow at the mention of Atzo being a guild leader. He thought for a few moments and nodded, "I like the idea of joining a guild, especially since it allows players to protect and assist one another. However, I must ask, is there any ulterior motive? Or, more accurately, what is the purpose of the guild? I don't mean to sound skeptical, because I'm not, but I still feel like asking, just because knowing is always better than not knowing."

Maybe, Leon thought, maybe I should ask him about what it's like to be in a guild? It could be something to help me later in this game.