Stricter approval process

Hey guys,

I don't wish to offend anyone, so this isn't targeted at anyone specifically. But recently, there have been a few things that are contributing to a fall in the quality of the RPG:

1. There are players posting that have not been approved by GMs.

2. There are players who have objectively low quality Journals, with spelling errors and poor character development, that are being approved. Or, they are told to make changes, but then post anyway.

My idea is this: There should be an entry-level "Quest" that people are required to do, to pass a quality test that makes sure they're capable of good roleplaying. Or, when players repeatedly write one line posts, double post, or write posts with egregious spelling and grammar mistakes that make them nigh-unreadable, that there be a system for penalties for them. This isn't out of spite, but out of a desire for a high-quality RPG experience, and I'm confident in the abilities of everyone here to produce quality stuff. It's our "house", and sometimes we have to do some housekeeping, that's all.

GMs, any suggestions? Thanks for your feedback. =)

Ok. I completely understand where you are coming from. The thing is that no matter how many time we warn a player, most of the time they ignore our warnings and continue to post anyways. I then get around to deleting all their posts until the journal is approved. We try our best to have it regulated but its a different story if someone doesn't respect us

I understand where you are coming from Kane but I have to disagree on the mandatory quest. That requires someone to moderate the "quest" and can lead to a biased choice. Plus it's not fair on those who are solid RPers with experience or fantastic writing skills. Also consider this, suppose I wanted to make an ALT account. I already know how to RP rather well (I'd like to say) and wouldn't want to prove myself on the other account.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like they are already implementing this system, so people have to write like a paragraph for each virtue or flaw. I feel like this is a good way to approve people, and you can know how they will use their given virtues and flaws.

Yet sometimes people create alt accounts and don't like it, I think it may be kinda boring for them...

But I feel like this is the correct way of doing things, making them re-do it if it isn't that good, yet some people may not approve of the idea as they may not like to write a lot, and yet the roleplays they do are amazing, some players that aren't approved just don't care, and keep on role playing instead of checking their bio's...

I've been helping some, who are role playing. I warn them that Shark, or some other GM said to "Revise" Or them.

(Take Haine for example:

Last edited by Shark on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reason: Approved. Would be nice to add to the Virtues and flaws a bit more.

She may not be "Completely" Approved, For he said it would be nice to add, yet she roleplays beautifully... And I see what the character is feeling, and seeing. I can imagine it.)

And I feel like maybe more people should help them out. So thats some ways for ups/downs in this situation.

Anyway, I wanted to give you a bit of more feedback on it, and here it is. It maybe not needed... But I felt I could talk more about the situation, Some parts may not be clear but I tried my best >.<

I agree Miaki, yet I'm pretty sure that they still do it. I would've kept working on the journal, yet some GM's give them special permission. I still try to help out somehow, warning them that they still need to work on the journal. I'm glad you got was I was ranting about, and what I had said.... ._.

The accounts that have been given special permission are all for staff use. No player accounts are given special permission. I will also address the comment about the older journals; it isn't right to disapprove of a player that is already approved, I have slightly altered and extended the approval requirements, and older journals were approved at low standards then I changed it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Shark, I was like that once before, now my journal is better than ever, beacuse of Shark telling me what should be put into it, now i have a killer journal, that im still updating to maximize its detailment, even though there are older journal who don't quite reach up to par with today's journal expectations, doen't mean that it's bad, give them time they'll change it, like with me, i got confused by the tutorial, well thats my problem im a airhead soo, anyway, don't dis the other players for the poor quallity of their journals.

There's a difference between following tutorials, and then just having common sense. When I first joined, I knew three basic things about roleplaying.

1. No rare resources right off the bat.

2. No relating to canon.

3. No special powers, making you better than everyone automatically.

You think people would have the sense to know these things, but sadly, no. We still have dual-wielders and Kirito's best friends coming through here like it's a friggin super-bowl. Upon watching the show, and seeing the massive amount of other users, people should have the sense NOT to give themselves unique skills, and NOT to make it look like they've been front-liners since the start. This is why Shark does his job, and makes these people fix it. This whole place would be a madhouse without Shark's methods, so let's all be thankful for what we have.

There's a difference between following tutorials, and then just having common sense. When I first joined, I knew three basic things about roleplaying.

1. No rare resources right off the bat.

2. No relating to canon.

3. No special powers, making you better than everyone automatically.

You think people would have the sense to know these things, but sadly, no. We still have dual-wielders and Kirito's best friends coming through here like it's a friggin super-bowl. Upon watching the show, and seeing the massive amount of other users, people should have the sense NOT to give themselves unique skills, and NOT to make it look like they've been front-liners since the start. This is why Shark does his job, and makes these people fix it. This whole place would be a madhouse without Shark's methods, so let's all be thankful for what we have.

I totaly agree on that right there. See im not like that, because i have common sense, but still am a airhead, and I've watched the anime as well, so im familiar with a few things in this forum, others im still figuring out. And yes Shark does do a good job, he helps everyone out as much as possible, along with the other GM's,