Raise the curtain! <<Luquier>> It's Showtime!

Luquier   
rawusgg.png

{Image above is from Cardfight Vanguard}

Username: Luquier
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 147 lbs
Hair: Long black
Eyes: Left blue, right red

About: History/personality
"And now I swing with Upright Lion for a grand total of 40,000 with boost!"

"HUH?! How did-"

"You see, while you were focusing on all the combos over here, you forgot all about my lion, who was gaining 3000 power each time a card was called from my soul, a total of 8 times to be exact, so he gained an additional 24,000 power on top of his 9,000. Add in the 7,000 from my Zelma, and that makes 40,000." Erika said smugly as she, once again, put on an amazing performance of sleight of hand, tricking her opponent into focusing on the lower numbered units that kept playing peekaboo from the soul. For as long as she could remember, she had always loved the card game Cardfight Vanguard, especially once her favorite clan, Pale Moon, came out with a sub clan called Silver Thorn, which were experts in rotating from field to soul to generate powerful attacks and combos. 

"That is so unfair..."

"No it's not... you kept letting the attack hit, allowing me to call new units every time. You honestly could've stopped it easily..." Erika admitted, rolling her eyes as she checked her phone for the time. "Are you going to block it or not? I gotta run home and get ready to meet someone..."

Erika Hollister, young and cunning, she is well known as the Queen of Thorns at her local card shop not only for her use of Silver Thorns, but also for the way she plays as she takes command of the field like a queen leading her army into battle, swinging with such high numbers that her opponent's have no choice but to protect themselves. As she accepted the victory with a handshake from her opponent, Erika packed up and left, hopping on her bike and rushing home.

That took longer than I thought... She thought to herself as she pulled up to her apartment and rushed inside, getting dressed and ready to get picked up by her friends, Alex and Corey, to go check out a new restaurant in town. Looking back on the game she just had, she couldn't help but feel bad about how she had kept rushing her opponent the way she did. She swore that the next time she saw him that she would give him a rematch. Suddenly, a knock on the door.

"Coming!" She shouted as she finished up by throwing her jacket on.

"That's what she sa- OW!!! Why?!"

"Can you behave for once?!" 

Erika couldn't help but laugh as she heard both Alex and Corey acting like typical brothers should.

---

At the restaurant, she watches as both Corey and Alex prepare to play a game.

"I call winner!" She said cheerfully as she eagerly watched them take their starting turns. Eventually, a guy walks over to their table. 

"Interesting game. My name is Shiro. Mind if I sit down and learn?" He asked politely. Alex immediately told him to sit down and hang out with them. As he played Alex's deck, he showed promise as he quickly learned the combos and mechanics of the game. 

Interesting... Very interesting... She thought as she kept staring at him.

---

Over the course of the next three years, Erika had always made an attempt to stick near Shiro's side, offering to help in any way she could, especially when it came to trading. She was especially good at it thanks to how closely she paid attention to rising and falling clans, indicating what cards would be a good investment for the future and which ones they should get rid of as soon as possible. She was always cool and smooth under pressure and had never made a bad deal or offer. Little by little, she did find herself falling for Shiro, however she keeps her feelings well hidden with her part of the work load she handles for the team. 

When she learned of Sword Art online, she felt that this would be a great way for everyone to really band together and become greater friends, and secretly she would find a way to get Shiro alone in the game to tell him how she felt. That was her goal and she was going to see it through. Once Shiro mentioned that they should try to replicate their favorite Vanguard cards, she couldn't help but giggle with excitement as they went to Shiro's house and got ready to set up. 

"I set an alarm on my Nerve Gear so that we can order some food and whatnot and take a break." She informed everyone as she put her Nerve Gear on.

"Sounds awesome. Good thinking." Corey responded as he started to lay down, ready to dive into the game.

"See you guys on the other side! Link Start!" Shiro said as he dived in, eager to begin. 

"Guess we better run in before he starts trouble..." Alex teased, laying down and shouting "Link Start!" signalling that he had just dived as well. Looking over to Corey, she rolled her eyes as he winked to her and also logged in.

"Well... here goes nothing... Link START!"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Erika is a very smooth talker and loves to challenge others with puzzles and show off her sleight of hand tricks. No deal goes south while she is involved as she can sniff out a cheat from a mile away. Her cool personality makes others look up to her for advice and try and challenge her from time to time. She didn't mind the attention, either. She loved being in the spotlight, like the Ringmaster of the circus as she proved time and time again that she knew how to put others in their place and how she ran the show at the shop. Over time, she had earned herself the nickname, The Queen of Thorns. 

The one thing she has always had difficulty in doing is admitting her feelings to others. Always putting on a tough, yet cool, persona... Despite this mask, she is actually very soft-hearted. Her biggest challenge with this is admitting her feelings to Shiro. One day, she hopes to overcome this obstacle and find out how he feels about her. 

Virtues:
Smooth-Talker - For as long as she could remember, Erika has always had a talent for turning the tables in her favor, leading to many deals she is involved in to lean in her favor, though she will typically make sure that both parties always get what they want fairly. Will not back out of a deal once one negotiations have begun until everyone gets what they want/need to some degree. This behavior is often looked down on by others who feel that, despite all the fairness, they are being cheated.

Gentle - Kind and caring, Erika always keeps the feelings and well-being of others in her thoughts, despite her coll nature. If anyone needs assistance, she is the first to show up by their side to help. She has always been known to be one of the first to teach a new player about the game. 

Cool - Always calm and carries an air of serenity with her everywhere she goes. No matter what, she never loses her cool, even to the point where she will not reveal any tells when playing a game, leaving her opponents constantly guessing and sometimes making them overthink their situation. This cool demeanor has helped her attain the title the Queen of Thorns.

Flaws:
Smooth-Talker - Although intended to be a virtue, many will perceive this talent as being silver-tongued and will make many believe that she is trying to swindle them out of a deal. Though unintentional, this is a trait that cannot be helped as she typically keeps her emotions hidden with her cool nature. She will, however, intentionally use her talent to deceive others when she feels someone is being particularly unruly...

Emotionless - In many situations, Erika tends to shut her emotions off to everyone, preferring that they guess what she is feeling. This trait tends to make others feel uneasy around her and often leads to others not trusting her. Though this does upset her, she will not show it and continue to push onward.

Impatient - If things start taking too long or if she is pressed for time, she will not be afraid to show it. She hates to wait and to keep others waiting, considering it bad policy. This leads to arguments on occasion as she may say something rude out of frustration without meaning to.

Profession: None

Skills
Non-combat:

»

Passive:
»

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
{One-handed Curved Sword}
     Rank 1 --- (5/13) SP invested

Damage with the specified weapon type +x (x=Rank)

Inventory
[Iron Scimitar]
     Starter One-handed Curved Sword

[Cloth Armor]
     Starter Light Armor