[F10-PP] Raising in Ranks <<Earning A Living>> (Vargas, Atzo)

Atzo walked around floor two. It was amazing how much stronger he had got sense the game started. “I need some new equipment” He thought to himself “Perhaps Vargas will assist me in getting some traiding materials and Col. Maybe we will even get some loot” He pondered the floor he should go to, before deciding on floor ten. He had not yet visited this floor and was very curious as to its make. He sent Vargas a message. 
“Greetings Vargas,
I am in need of some materials and col, I will be venturing up to floor ten. I was wondering if you would accompany me. I would greatly appreciate it, perhaps we can even go loot hunting. I miss fighting alongside you as we did in that labyrinth. If you would like to do this please meet me in Yomi in three hours, otherwise I will head out alone.”

With that he equipped his Leather Coat, Faces of the damned, and Misguidance before taking off down the familiar trail.

@Vargas

Vargas was laying under the shade of a tree on floor three, outside the Town of Flora. His were closed as he enjoyed calm breeze that came over him from across the lake. It was a peaceful day for him as he lay there resting. The quiet air around him was interrupted though as his HUD lit up, telling him he had a message. Opening it, he saw it was from Atzo. Reading through it quickly, he decided it sounded interesting. He had already figured he needed to start partying with people more often, as grinding mobs solo was just getting harder and harder lately. Getting up, he headed off for Delilah so as to teleport up to floor ten.

—————————————————————————

The teleportation platform lit up with a shimmering light-blue sphere appearing as a player stepped off from the platform. Vargas hadn't been to this floor yet, but he'd heard of it from other players. The entire floor was underground, a massive network of never-ending caves and caverns. Everything was cast in a dim light as a blue glow emanated from crystals along the ceiling and walls.

Vargas’s eyes looked over the village that he'd just arrived at. It was known as Yomi and seemed to be highly influenced by Japanese architecture, though worn out and decayed. Looking at the NPCs that lived here, he noticed that they all appeared undead. ”Huh. Well that's not weird. Wonder how many kids had nightmares from venture up here to check out the safe zone when the floor was unlocked,” Vargas mused to himself as he stepped off the platform. There wasn't a decent bench to sit on or a wall to lean on. So he sat on the ground and waited for when Atzo would soon be there.

Atzo reached the teleporter and proceeded to the tenth floor. It was an… interesting place. Stepping off the platform, Atzo quickly spotted Vargas and approached him. “Talk about strange aeons” He said aloud but really too himself as he inspected his surroundings. “Those waves will open up to us many vistas unknown to man and several unknown to anything we consider organic life. We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. We shall see these things, and other things which no breathing creature has yet seen. We shall overleap time, space, and dimensions, and without bodily motion peer to the bottom of creation…” (H.P Lovecraft, From Beyond) 
Atzo spoke aloud still, not really caring that others could hear him. He was clearly awestruck at the structure of this place. “It reminds me of how people envision R'lyeh.” he shook his head. “Well, let's get on our way, I am curious to see all the alien beasts we find. Seeing as this is a video game, I wonder what has been programed in and what damage they can do. Do you think we may run into mind flayers? That is a being I would love to have a conversation with.” Atzo was still taking in the floor, it was so beautiful in nature and seemed to be so untouched. The thought of what they might find excited him tremendously.
@Vargas

Vargas just wondered why it was that Atzo had chosen to quote H.P. Lovecraft as he had walked off the platform. Perhaps due to their current scenery. It would make sense, sine Lovecraft always wrote of alien situations and worlds. At the mention of R’lyeh, Vargas shrugged, before jokingly saying, ”I've always thought of it as a convoluted, desolate island.” With that said, he followed after Atzo before speaking up again as he talked of the possible creatures. ”Most people have generally seen some undead, trolls, troglodytes, large insects and spiders. There's also the occasional wingless drake but not too many people have seen those around.” Vargas looked around at their surroundings as they walked. The blue glow from the crystals shed enough light to see by without difficulty, which made it easy to see how expansive the caves seemed. Holes littered the walls of various paths, leading to other sections of the massive cavern. What they all held, he had no idea.

“A city of strange geometry, that is the basic idea of R’lyeh. Most believe it to be an island but who knows” Atzo said as he chose a path “I assume that I will be disappointed, but hey I can have hope.” He walked straight observing his surroundings. It was immaculate in its design, Atzo almost wished he had built his house here but realized that not everyone would think it was as pleasant scenery as he did. Things like this always had captivated Atzo, there was so much to see and yet so little to know. “I am so amazed by their ability to bring to life to their imagination like this. It is so crazy the things they have come up with but this is by far my favorite.” He was muttering to himself again, at this point he couldn’t help it, There was so much going through his mind.

@Vargas

Vargas just followed behind his guild leader as they ventured forth into the crystal lined cavern. Sure, people who had an extreme case of claustrophobia might find the enclosed space to be daunting but the beauty of the cavern walls was rather nice. As they walked, he wondered how the rest of the guild must be doing. He hadn't done much with anyone from the guild since he hadn’t been called upon in quite some time. Last time he'd talked to Atzo was when he’d had his position changed in the guild. Just thinking about that, he hadn't even had his cloak equipped in awhile either. He'd been soloing floors, raising his skills, just so he could become stronger and more useful.

As Atzo muttered about the design of the floor being brought to life by the imagination of an designer, Vargas could only nod his head. It seemed simple, yet to make everything look as it did had to have taken a great deal of effort. However, their musings were cut short as a ten foot troll came trudging across their path from one of the side caverns. Vargas had his sword drawn immediately, wanting to catch the troll off guard but as his attack hit, he seemed to have no effect. Before Vargas could react, the troll backhanded him into the wall, causing the air in his lungs to be expelled instantly. Though you couldn't feel pain and didn't actually have to breath, it didn't stop your mind from having auto reactions to outside influences.

ID# 86758

BD: 3 (1+2)

MD: 6 (8-2)

DMG: 21*3=63-18=45

Troll 210/210 | 63 DMG

Vargas 375/420 | 41/42 (-2/+1) | 18 MIT | 2 EVA | 4 Bleed

Atzo 420/420 | 42/42

Edited by Vargas

They had been walking through the caves for a little bit in silence. Atzo’s awe had worn off and it started to seem regular. He found that when you analyzed an area like he did such things would happen. Suddenly they saw a troll approaching them. Atzo charged the Troll head on, activating Fight Blade as he ran. It swiftly fell to the ground, stunned. “So what are your plans for the guild?” He asked Vargas as Atzo allowed time for his companion to attack. “I haven’t heard from you for a while. How have things been going? Anything in particular to update me with?” He probably was probing a little too much but he didn't care. He needed to make sure that Vargas was still up for the task he had been assigned. Otherwise Atzo would have to keep finding new people to fill high rolls and he was getting real tired of that.

ID# 86760

Spoiler

BD: 6+2=8(Hit) [DMG=(6+1)*6=36 +stun]

Stats

Spoiler

@Vargas 375/420 | 41/42 (-2/+1) | 18 MIT | 2 EVA | 4 Bleed | Hate: 0

Atzo 420/420 | 35/42 | 3 Eva | 1 LM | 1 Savvy | 2 acc | 1 [T1] Bleed | 10hp/Round BH | Hate: 1

Troll 168/210 | 63 DMG [Stunned]

Edited by Atzo

Vargas got himself up from the hard ground. Having just been thrown like a rag doll didn't help his image. Add in his guild leader, who was of the same level as him, had been able to hit it and stun the Troll. Brushing himself off, Vargas looked at Atzo, ”Well, for the most part, I still don't know. With the change in position it also changes my task. Currently, it's just me so I’ll want to make sure I have players to follow orders and complete the necessary tasks.” As he talked, Vargas raised his blade and walked over to the Troll. His sword art active, he impaled the blade into the Troll, watching its health fall, before withdrawing it. ”Until given an assignment that's all I can do,” he said, swapping out with Atzo. It had been weird having his role changed but he had no reason to argue or whine about it. His only goal was to get back to the real world and make up for the lost time after Natalia had passed.

ID# 86776

BD: 6 (4+2)

DMG: 5*8=40

MD: [Stunned]

Vargas 375/420 | 41/42 (-2/+1) | 18 MIT | 2 EVA | 4 Bleed | Hate: 0

@Atzo 420/420 | 35/42 | 3 Eva | 1 LM | 1 Savvy | 2 acc | 1 [T1] Bleed | 10hp/Round BH | Hate: 1

Troll 128/210 | 63 DMG [Stunned]

Edited by Vargas

Atzo nodded as Vargas acknowledged the lack of members “We really need to get on recruiting. Especially with all the people we have been losing.” Atzo said before activating Fight blade and attempting to hit the Toll again. His blade missed its mark and grazed the ground beside it. “WHY” Atzo yelled “WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS WHEN THEY ARE STUNNED?!” It was getting ridiculous at this point. A stunned creature should be easier to hit, but instead every time he tried to hit one he was unable to. Atzo took a breath and calmed down. “Anyways, I can't give you an assignment until we have more members. We need to make that our priority, hopefully that will work. Any ideas on how we should do it?” Atzo was calm down now, though he was still not too happy, “I guess we need a meeting don't we? It has been a while since I called one, it would help us get things in order”

ID# 86798

Spoiler

BD:2+2=4 (miss) +LM

@Vargas 375/420 | 41/42 (-2/+1) | 18 MIT | 2 EVA | 4 Bleed | Hate: 0

Atzo 420/420 | 33/42 | 3 Eva | 1 LM | 1 Savvy | 2 acc | 1 [T1] Bleed | 10hp/Round BH | Hate: 1

Troll 128/210 | 63 DMG [Stu

Edited by Atzo

Vargas agreed with Atzo’s assessment. They had been losing far too many members after they'd just recruited new ones. He wasn't sure what happens to most. He figured some had decided otherwise and to join the majority of players on the lower floors to wait it out. He hadn't checked the wall for any of the players dying. The thought of more people dying on him just left a bad taste in his mouth. “Yeah. Another meeting might be best. Though, if all the members we have lost since the last recruitment I don't know how effective another recruitment drive will go.” With that said, Vargas ducked under the Troll’s sweeping arm as the stun effect had fallen. As the Troll’s arm missed, it felt something stabbing into its leg. Looking down, it could see the boy squatting down with his blade piercing into the mob. The Troll cried out in pain as it backed away from the two.

ID# 86804

BD: 10 (8+2)

DMG: 5*8=40

BD: 2 (4-2)

Vargas 375/420 | 41/42 (-2/+1) | 18 MIT | 2 EVA | 4 Bleed | Hate: 2

@Atzo 420/420 | 33/42 | 3 Eva | 1 LM | 1 Savvy | 2 acc | 1 [T1] Bleed | 10hp/Round BH | Hate: 1

Troll 88/210 | 63 DMG

Edited by Vargas

Placeholder

ID# 86825

Spoiler

BD: 9 (Crit+1) [DMG=(6+1)*6=42] (Bleed)

Stats

Spoiler

Vargas 375/420 | 41/42 (-2/+1) | 18 MIT | 2 EVA | 4 Bleed | Hate: 2

Atzo 420/420 | 26/42 | 3 Eva | 1 LM | 1 Savvy | 2 acc | 1 [T1] Bleed | 10hp/Round BH | Hate: 3

_________________________________---

Troll 46/210 | 63 DMG (T1 bleed - 12 points each round for 2 rounds)

Edited by Atzo