[PP-F01] Happy Reunion and Questing <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Spoiler

Roll Results:

ID# 87308

CD: 2

Winik huffed heavily in frustration.  Slamming the knife back on the tray, he tried switching to a thicker cleaver and reached for what appeared to be a severed frog leg.  He grit his teeth, eyeing the weird meat and he considered how he was going to do this.  He gripped it firmly around where the ankle should be and raised the cleaver high.  He brought it down, severing the joint and leaving him with two large hunks of meat.  He picked them up, strolling to a cauldron where he dripped what could be considered the bone marrow into it.  The cauldron changed to a deep purple and Winik took that as a good sign.  He leaned heavily over it, taking a large face full of rancid smoke as it billowed out just moments later.  He yelled angrily, turning and sending the meat hunks out the door to join the mortar and pestle he had already chucked out earlier.

Edited by Winik
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raeze smiled apologetically.  She really didn't know how to help him. She went to help Zakariah grab more items for Winik. The older man smiled and spoke softly. "Everything will work out young man. But I do have to ask you to not destroy my dear shop." He chuckled lightly, and proceeded to pat Winik's shoulder. He then moved to grab a few more empty clear bottles. He set up a new mortar and pestle in front of Winik and then grabbed some herbs to work along side the tall young man.

Raeze continued her rounds around the shop. She really wanted to do this, but she wouldn't mention it to Winik until after this quest. He was becoming very irritable. A small smile crept onto her face as a memory popped into her head.

His mom had asked them to make pyramids of a new cereal that she was requested to promote. She had this huge whole pamphlet explaining what stores had to do in order to advertise it. And Raeze had gotten her pyramid done relatively easy, then again she was on an end cap that was going into the dry breakfast item isle. Winik was tasked with making a much larger pyramid right inside the doors. Every time the customers activated the automatic sliding doors, a few boxes would move and topple part of his pyramid and he would have to start all over. @Winik

Spoiler

Roll Results:

ID# 87323

CD: 12

Winik took a deep, shuddering breath to calm himself down.  He made his way over to the table and gazed down on the mat and the tools lying there.  With a hefty sigh, he dropped the herbs into the mortar and hefted the pestle.  With a combination of crushing and grinding, he reduced the herbs to a fine green powder.  He lifted the mortar and strode to the cauldron.  Tipping in the ingredients, he took up a ladle and stirred the concoction 3 windershins.  The purple liquid turned deep red and he ladled some into a tall necked bottle.  Grinning in triumph, he turned to Raeze and presented his potion. "Took me long enough, don't you think."

"A fine potion indeed, young man.  Now I must ask you to take a package to an associate of mine, the blacksmith Lyle Tealeaf.  For your troubles, you may have a selection of the potions I offer in my shop."

A menu appeared in the air in front of both players, displaying their rewards and another chapter of the quest.  Pressing the circle button, Winik shot Raeze a grin before heading out of the store.

@Raeze

Edited by Winik

Raeze excitedly clapped when her friend successfully completed this part of the quest. The quest window popped up showing them their current rewards. So she quickly took the parcel and headed out of the old alchemy shop. She danced around Winik as he exited the shop as well. "Look how well our first quest together has gone! Can you imagine how well all the others might go?" She couldn't help but be excited.

The pair walked across the small courtyard and made their way to Lyle Tealeaf's Blacksmith shop. The walked in through the front door and was immediately hit with a wall of heat emanating from the back of the shop. An old man, much like Zakariah was standing at the front counter, appeared to be taking a small break from the heat. He wiped his soot covered face off with a handkerchief.

"Welcome, how may I help you?" He held a crooked smile.

Winik took the lead, making his way in front of his smaller compatriot. "We were sent by Zakariah the Alchemist to deliver something to you," Winik foraged around in a pouch on his belt, momentarily drawing a heavy silence.  Finally, he was able to extricate the package and handed it off to Lyle Tealeaf.  The gruff blacksmith gave a nod before placing the parcel on a nearby work table. Winik couldn't help but feel frustrated that his curiosity won't be sated by learning what was inside, but that was the nature of quests.  Some led into others and some just didn't leave the player feeling satisfied.  He tried his best to wait patiently for the quest window to pop up so he could finish this one, but nothing was happening.  He shrugged to himself mentally, figuring Raeze was going to have to do something. He settled back against a table, leaning heavily against it as he waited for the petite player.

@Raeze

Raeze looked around for a moment waiting for the quest window to pop up in front of her, however it proceeded to do the exact opposite. She shifted her deep blue eyes toward Winik with a confused look on her face. Then, she remembered that Zakariah had made her grab a parcel too because the quest specifically stated that each member had to complete their own part of the quest.

'Oh I'm so dumb.' She chastised herself. With a swipe of her left hand, she opened her menu and got into her inventory. She tapped on the parcel icon, causing it to pop into existence in front of her. "I also have a parcel from the kind Zakariah." She smiled to the worn man.

"Thank you for your help children. You have done great." His crooked smile grew.

Finally the quest completed icon popped up in front of each of the players. Raeze excitedly high fived Winik. "How great was that?! What's the next quest? I'm ready!" She hopped around swinging her arms.

Spoiler

Thread Summary

Raeze

• +5- T1 Uncommon Health Potions (+40 HP)
  • +1- T1 DMG Potion (+1 DMG)
  • +1- T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
  • +4 Skill Points (2 from quest and 2 from thread pg. count)
  • +400 Col (2 page thread count)

Winik

• +5- T1 Uncommon Health Potions (+40 HP)
  • +1- T1 DMG Potion (+1 DMG)
  • +1- T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)
  • +4 Skill Points (2 from quest and 2 from thread pg. count)
  • +400 Col (2 page thread count)