[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> My Hero, the Healer

There were many different kinds of players that hung around the first floor. Some used it as a central hub where business could always be found. Some established it as their home city, and others simply liked the feeling of the vast, sprawling capital. But where there was peace, there would always be trouble found lurking around.

"U-uhm, no I'm sorry... You must have the wrong person." A feminine voice stammered out. Telrenya, the knightly-looking blonde, stood nervously surrounded by three other players. Three males vastly differing in appearance, the one thing they did seem to have a shared interest in was the woman caught in between them. One of the men frowned at her words. "Huuh? Well, why don't you join us anyway, sweetheart?" He spoke casually, leaning in towards Telrenya who flinched backwards in response. "N-no," She swallowed, puffing out her chest slightly in an attempt to hide her fear. "Once again, I'm sorry, but I must be going." She responded decidedly and with more confidence in her voice. Just as she willed herself to take a step forward and slip past the strangers, the man at her left placed a hand on her shoulder. "Aww, pleeease?" He asked with a sarcastic tone. "C'mon, what'll it take to get a hottie like you to hang out with us?"

@Ruby

Ruby had walked down the streets of the town of beginnings, man did this floor start to become more and more less active... something that she thought she would never see the light of day. "Guess anything is possible. I suppose." she said when looking around, then out of the corner of her eye down a path lied three creepy men trying to party up with a female... she stood behind a wall and listened to their conversation to see if she is any trouble, and after staying for a bit, she was right... they were creepy. Ruby cut the corner and said out to the three men "Hey! You! Desperate A B and Thing, you looking to hang out?" she said as she strutted down the path as she had grabbed some rope that was nearby stall only for just a moment and held it tightly pulling against it on both her hands as she stopped walking "I can make that happen if you don't leave her alone. People like you make me sick." she said with a angered expression.

@Telrenya

"Uhhn?" One of the men grunted, looking over his shoulder when a voice called out to them. His eyes fell upon a tall blonde babe that nearly caused his jaw to drop. Instead, his lips pursed together as he let out a small whistle. "Well, have mercy!" He nudged at the men on either side of them to get their attention. All three players were focused on Ruby now, ogling the woman whose hips swayed tauntingly as she walked. When her expression changed to that of an angry scowl, the man in the middle flinched slightly. "H-hey now," He started, clearly made nervous by the blonde's intensity. "We're just playin' around, isn't that right, girlie?" The man grinned innocently as he shot a glance to Telrenya who stiffened up in response. The woman's eyes darted from the men around her to the intimidating blonde across from them--the one who was sticking up for her. Telrenya took in a breath, puffing up her chest slightly as she put on another determined expression. "No, we're not!" She said defiantly.

@Ruby

Ruby watched as these men tried to make excuses for themselves as they tried to make her go away, but regardless this only made Ruby more mad towards them. Ruby did not believe anything and the female player over there had gotten a little more determined but she was still frightened at least. Ruby looked at one of the guys and said as she threw the rope behind her "Playing around huh? From the way she gave a reply it sounds like you are thinking with your private parts more than your mind it had seemed." she attempted to throw a punch at the guy but all that had happened was the "Immortal Object" sign appeared and the guy had fallen to the ground "I may not be able to hurt you in a safe zone, but attempting to push you around is damn fun." she cracked her knuckles a bit "I'm giving you one last warning fellow. You move outta here and nothing bad will happen to you. If you don't leave... well, Aincrad's gonna have 3 less people." she looked at them with a glare "Make a choice." she growled.

@Telrenya

The men grew more visibly nervous the closer Ruby got to them, now ignoring the shorter blonde behind them and focusing intently on the martial artist. When Ruby's fist shot out in a flash, the one she had struck was knocked back and landed harshly on the uneven stone walkway. "Urgh... The man grunted at the unpleasantness, looking up to the blonde beauty with a fresh look of fear. At her final warning, one of the two that were left standing wasted no time turning and running off. "Wh-wait up!" The other mumbled, looking between Ruby, his friend on the ground, and the figure that was running off. He quickly made a decision as well, backing away a few steps before bolting after the first guy. The one remaining stared in disbelief as his friends abandoned him, swallowing as he looked back to the woman's red eyes glowering down at him. The man scooted back a bit at the sight, clearly intimidated before he scrambled to his feet and followed his friends to avoid the Ruby's wrath.

Once the cowards had disappeared, the breath left Telrenya and her chest dropped with a sigh of relief. The woman looked to Ruby--her savior--and her eyes practically began to sparkle. "Th-thank you!" She exclaimed, straightening up and bending her torso to bow towards the blonde with gratitude. "Ah!" Telrenya perked up as if she had remembered something. She brought her right hand up to rest over her heart, still bowing towards the woman. "My name is Telrenya," She introduced herself. "Thank you so much for saving me from those guys."

@Ruby

Ruby had chuckled as they has all taken her bluff and ran away like a coward, once they were gone she had taken a deep breath and let out a laugh "Oh those guys are so dumb. Looks like they got no smarts behind em'" she then looked to Telrenya that had elegantly thanked her and introduced her to her, she had offered her a smile and jokingly said "All I get is a thank you? No kiss on the cheek? Bummer.." she then looked at Telrenya and said "There's no need to thank me Telrenya, but you gotta stand up for yourself. Theres a lot of desperate guys out there, a cutie like you would be swarmed with those who are trying to "get some"." she then offered a hand out ward and said out to her "I'm Ruby, it's a pleasure to meet you on a beautiful day like today." she gave her a smile. "So how did ya even get into that mess? Tried to find friendly people to go on a quest with you? I've been there before."

@Telrenya

"Huh?" Telrenya straightened back up at Ruby's reply. She held a blank stare as the woman's comment of a kiss on the cheek registered in her mind. 'Wh-wha?' She felt flustered for a moment, a pink hue coloring her cheeks. The blonde stranger quickly changed the topic, allowing Telrenya a moment to compose herself. "Oh, uhm," She looked thoughtful for a moment before letting out a tiny sigh. "Right..." She mumbled in agreement at Ruby's advice to stand up for herself. Here she was in a virtual fantasy world--an alternate reality, even--and she still found herself easily pushed around, with other people coming to her rescue.

Picking up her spirits, the woman with a knightly appearance gave Ruby a friendly smile in return. "Ahh, well..." She seemed a bit hesitant to explain, but spoke up again anyway. "Yes, I was looking for the quest to learn the Artisan profession." She said. "I'm not sure where to go, so I started asking around... I suppose I asked the wrong people." She chuckled sheepishly, admitting her naivety.

@Ruby

Ruby had chuckled at Telrenya's reaction to her comment about no kiss on the cheek, and she had seen that her face had gotten a little pink, she then gave Telrenya a pat on the back and said "Awww, have you never been flirted on before?" she then gave her wink "How cute." she giggled. She then let Telrenya explain herself and it had seemed that she had just been a little unaware of who she should actually speak with. She then gave her a smile and said out to her as she had crossed her arms below her chest "Well Telrenya, I don't assume that you could find the nicest people to help you out on your quests I assume." she chuckled and then placed a finger below her jaw and her thumb on her chin and said "But I could help you out if you wish." she chuckled and then booped her nose "I've already saved ya once, I can make sure you can get that artisan job no biggie Tel." she then pat her shoulder before giggling "Don't worry I'm not here to keep flirting on you or getting you blush all the time. I just like to make cutie's like you blush is all."

@Telrenya

The woman brought up a hand to rub at the back of her neck, already embarrassed so early in the conversation. She averted her gaze at Ruby's teasing, but her attention was quickly drawn back to the confident blonde when Telrenya felt her chin being turned ever so slightly. She froze up, unsure how to react when suddenly a finger tapped her on the nose. She blinked, trying to comprehend the taller woman standing in front of her, wearing a playful smile. She was so...so... 'Cool.' Telrenya concluded.

Despite her fascination at how different Ruby's personality was from her own, Telrenya felt a smile growing across her face when the woman's offer to help her registered in her mind. Her hands clasped together in front of her chest, fingers entwined. "Ahh, would you really?" She asked with a hopeful, grateful tone in her voice. "I mean, I'd really appreciate your help, if it's not much trouble." She continued. "Do you...know where it is?" She asked in a small voice.

Telrenya had froze for just a moment before she had mentioned that she would be more than happy to help her in her quest to become a artisan, it made her chuckle how she didn't know how to react to Ruby doing those things. Eventually Telrenya had given a reaction and had appreciated her with helping her, Ruby had gave her a smile, it was refreshing to see someone... more pure unless she's hiding something, which she highly doubts. "I don't think it would be much trouble. I don't exactly know where it is, but if we come across a NPC store I am sure you can take the quest there." she then began to walk away from the alleyway and looked back to Telrenya and said out to her "So you coming? Or are you going to spend all day daydreaming about me?" she giggled as she continued to walk forward. She looked both ways to see where the closest store would be... around this area where more so on the lines of merchants and restaurants and inns.

@Telrenya

The blonde grew flustered for just a moment more at Ruby's last question. Giving a small shake of her head, Telrenya inwardly sighed. 'She kind of reminds me of someone...' She thought, remembering her encounters with the equally flirtatious rehead, Able. Maybe because of her previous experiences with the man, or maybe just for the fact that Ruby was a woman, Telrenya was a bit better at rolling with her suggestive comments than she used to be. She certainly hadn't been able to predict Ruby's personality, but she still thought the blonde was very sweet to help her out, in more ways than one.

Jogging to catch up with her, Telrenya followed after her until they found an Artisan shop a few blocks down. "There we go! Be right back," She slipped into the shop to speak with the NPC and obtain the quest. The blonde was only gone for a couple of minutes when she stepped back out with a smile on her face. "So! I just need to get some materials from outside of town, and then turn them in here." She explained confidently.

Ruby had looked over her shoulder to eventually find that Telrenya had jogged up to catch up with her, all she had did was offered her a smile. While she does find this female rather attractive, it was probably for the best that she would hold off on the flirting like she had did with Kooh... plus too much could lead to some awkwardness between the two. Eventually Telrenya had spotted the store on her own and told her that she would be right back, Ruby had given her a smile and thought to herself "See? You can find stuff on your own." however she had some time to kill waiting for Telrenya so she took a seat on one of the benches and placed both of her hands on the bench and arched her back forward looking down the roads of the floor... "Geez, this floor sure has gotten really quiet as of the late. I suppose that happens when higher floors are achieved I suppose." she thought to herself, a couple of moments pass and Telrenya found herself back in her presence and explained what she needed to do, Ruby had stood back up from her seat and said to her with a smile "Lead the way Telly."

@Telrenya

• ID#: 86979
    • LD: 12 - Fail!

'Telly.' She repeated the nickname in her head. It wasn't something she would have thought of on her own, but she thought the name was kind of cute. The blonde grinned towards Ruby, giving a nod as she led the way towards the town gates.

Telrenya had only been out of the city a handful of times so far, although she was looking to change that. From previous experiences, hunting for materials seemed to be a game of luck, which already had the girl feeling nervous. She just knew her bad luck was going to kick in whenever it had the opportunity. Still, she tried to be a bit optimistic as they exited the safe zone, placing her left hand on the hilt of her rapier as her head swiveled side to side. "Well... I guess we start here!" She gave a small shrug, taking a few steps out into the wilderness ahead of them.

Edited by Telrenya

Ruby had followed up behind Telrenya to help her gain some materials for her future artisan job down the line, maybe she would eventually get some items from her later down in the future. However right now, she needs to also get materials or col in order to even get any form of items at all. Telrenya had then placed a hand on the hilt of her rapier as she had looked from side to side and stated that we would start here to find some materials. Ruby had given her lower back a pat and said "Well then lets go, don't worry about the mobs here. I can at least protect us." she said as she had walked in and began to try to find a material. And from a few moments out of the corner of her eye she had spotted what appeared to be a material, she had moved over to it and bent down to pick it up, however picking it up immediately turned out to explode into crystals. Ruby had blinked a couple times trying to figure out what just happened.

@Telrenya

-----

ID: 86980 - LD: 1

• ID#: 86983
    • LD: 16 - Success! (1 Total)

Telrenya walked out into the green fields, taking in a breath of air through her nose. Her lungs filled with the simulated smells of grass, dirt, and other naturally-occurring scents. She couldn't remember experiencing anything like it back home, not in the middle of the city, anyway. With what little she'd seen of Aincrad so far, she could only wonder how many new kinds of places she might see and what types of new experiences she would get to try. The thought brought a wide, child-like smile to her face as she was lost among her daydreams.

Suddenly, a sound rang in her ears that indicated a system message. "Huh?" Telrenya mumbled, stopping in her tracks to give a look around. Her chin tilting downward, the blonde lifted up her foot to reveal something shiny protruding from the ground. She blinked, spotting the dialogue box that hovered over it, reading <<Small Silver Ore>>. Her face brightening once again, Telrenya eagerly unearthed the item, watching it disappear into her inventory. Giving a glance over to where Ruby was looking, her expression was quickly replaced with one of surprise just as she watched the item in her hands burst into light. "Whoa... What happened?"

Edited by Telrenya

Ruby had been trying to process what had just happened... she blinked a couple of times and then broke back to reality as Telrenya had asked of her what in the world had happened, and to be frank... she didn't really know either. She had straightened herself and looked back to Telrenya and said out to her "I uh, don't really know what happened to be honest with you. I guess the materials durability had just expired or it's some sort of practical joke or something. I am not that sure." she then looked over and moved to another location to find some form of materials for Telrenya... however time had passed and she really couldn't find anything, she had then placed a hand behind her neck and kept looking around trying to find any form of material for her. Even one would be enough to help her out in her future profession but... she really couldn't find one.

@Telrenya

-----

ID: 86986 - LD: 7

• ID#: 86988
    • LD: 8 - Fail! (1 Total)

A frown grew across the woman's face, replacing the cheerful daydreaming expression she had worn just a minute ago. Ruby seemed just as confused at the display as she was. Regardless, Telrenya could only think about how mean and unfair that was for the game to tease her like that. Without much she could do about it, the blonde simply gave a small shake of her head and a tiny sigh. "Ah well... Back to searching then, I guess." She concluded, only hoping that the older woman would have a change of luck soon. Besides her own instance of what she was chalking up to as dumb luck a few moments ago, where she had actually stepped on a piece of material, Telrenya looked back to the area around her. Nothing out of the ordinary, and Cardinal wasn't giving her any assistance with locating another item. Maybe she would just have to walk around until she tripped on another hunk of rock in the ground or something.

Edited by Telrenya

Ruby had just given Telrenya a smile to confirm that everything is going to be fine and told her "Yeah, just get back to searching, eventually we will be able find some materials for you I promise Telly." she gave her a wink before going back to finding some materials, and originally she had no such luck in finding anything, however she had put a little more effort into finding some materials and...! She had continued to find nothing, she had sighed, she was a little upset that she couldn't really find anything. She had just wanted to find some form of materials for Telrenya to hopefully help her in her journey and even maybe make a new friend as a result in doing so... Ruby wouldn't mind seeing her again, she was defiantly cute. She had looked back and forth trying to find a single material, but as time had continued to pass, she still didn't find a single one. She had sighed because of it.

@Telrenya

-----

ID: 86989 - LD: 2

• ID#: 86994
    • LD: 14 - Fail! (1 Total)

Telrenya walked along the fields, the distance between herself and Ruby slowly growing larger as they searched different areas. "Oh, it's alright!" She called over her shoulder to the other blonde. "I actually have pretty bad luck, but I won't be surprised if we don't find much." She gave a small, sheepish grin at her declaration of her own misfortune. At least her superstitions had taught her not to raise her expectations too high, if nothing else.

Lacing her fingers together behind her back, the woman took their time out in the wilderness to try and enjoy herself a bit. She walked leisurely, still trying to keep an eye out for anything of interest as she went. In the back of her mind, she secretly hoped that she might step on some really rare material or something. Otherwise, the pair might find themselves spending the better half of the afternoon outside just gathering for quest objectives.

Edited by Telrenya

Ruby, just continuously just had some extremely bad luck, she just wanted to find Telrenya just one damn material, however with this sort of luck this wasn't going to be possible at all for her to accomplish. She had looked back to Telrenya who had been trying to tell her that it was okay and that she didn't really expect to find any form of materials either. She had sighed and said out to her "Well, I just wanted to help out is all. And despite me being around level 40 I still can't find a material to save my life." she eventually just shrugged it off. Time had past they had spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find some materials, however time had eventually expired. Ruby had stretched her arms up with a yawn and exclaimed out to her "Welp Telly, looks like our job here is done. Head back to town to get yourself that profession now ya here and..." she had opened her menus to send her a friend request, she had taken a step forward and booped her nose and said "Let me know if you need any help or if you are feeling just a tad bit lonely~" she giggled then started to walk back to the main settlement.

@Telrenya

-----

ID: 86996 - LD: 7