[PP - F01] Just a Normal Day

Today was just a lazy day for Ruby, while she had wanted to get out there get some more SP from quests... recently she has just been pushing herself a little too hard on the matter. Today was just gonna be a day where she's gonna hang out, maybe meet someone and have a couple drinks. It didn't take her long till she had eventually made her way to a bar, and its been... a little empty as of the recent. She can remember when this bar had many MANY players here having a good time... she supposed that many had just found their way to a higher floor or to the highest floor. There were still players here, but it wasn't many. Just those who have built stores here and hence forth made a community together. Ruby had made her way to the bar stool and took a seat and asked the bartender for a sweet wine.

@Rusty

The players were much more spread out now that more floors had been reached and in fact, would continue to do so until the game ended. A hundred floors is way too many for such a small player base, especially one that is decreasing ever so often because of death, although floor 1 would most likely always have people in it considering its the beginning. It was a thought Rusty had contemplated. He didn't care much though, he didn't converse much with anyone anyway. He adjusted himself ever so slightly on the rickety old stool, trying to find a position that was comfortable before giving up, accepting that it was futile. His eyes turned to see the girl that had entered the bar, not giving her much of a thought as he drank his glass of water. He was saving his monies for desperate times, not really having a source of income to replenish his supply.

@Ruby

Edited by Rusty

Today wasn't much of a day as she had looked around, very little players where in the area, and a man had walked into the bar however... she didn't really mind him coming in. She had turned back to the bartender in which had brought back the sweet wine, Ruby had thanked the man and began to take sips of the wine, this was truly her favorite alcoholic drink... a nice sweet wine. She had looked over to the man though in which had asked for a water... a part of her wants to know if he's aware that vanity drinks are basically free. However she doesn't want to say something about it and come across it rude, or if the man had already known about it. However... it was a chance to at least meet someone today, she decided ultimately screw it... and she had looked to the man after taking a sip and said "Not interested in a actual drink? Vanity alcoholic drinks are basically free here. They don't make a profit of it, might as well hand it for free ya know." she offered the man a smile.

@Rusty

"Wait what.." He muttered, a dumbfounded look on his face. He was under the impression that it costed Col to purchase vanity drinks here, but apparently not. That should've been obvious though, now that he thought about it. Why would items that give no status effects cost anything? "I probably shouldn't have only bought drinks with buffs." His eyes darted to the bartender. He didn't want to seem like an idiot, especially not in front of this girl. "Well, I know obviously, its just that I'm pretty sure I can't drink cause I'm not 20 yet, I'm not dumb." He had no idea if that was even remotely true, but considering that this was advertised to kids, just maybe there was a lock of sorts to prevent this sort of thing. He turned back to his glass water, trying to hide the fact that he was just spouting bullshit to save face.

@Ruby

Edited by Rusty

Ruby has squinted her eyes as the man had tried to explain that he couldn't drink mostly because he wasn't 21, something tells her that he does not know how it works around here. "Riiiiiiight. And I don't suppose that in this game no one really cares if you are 21 or not. There's no way of getting drunk, so why prevent them from trying it out. In a sense its a perfect opportunity to try out alcohol before the real deal. That's if we live of course..." she had drifted off a bit before grabbing onto her drink and taking a sip on the topic, she didn't really like talking about death in this game and how she could actually die in the real world... in no means did she want any of this to happen. However she had shook of the thoughts and looked back to the man and said out to him "So are you going to keep contemplating on a drink you would want or you wanting to talk a little bit." she offered a smile before taking another sip of the sweet wine.

@Rusty

"Well.. they should." He mumbled under his breath. He sighed. "Honestly, I was just lying cause I didn't know it didn't cost money, I just assumed. I mean it's not like there's an in-depth tutorial.. unless I missed it or something." It was a little odd though that they added alcohol you couldn't get drunk from. That's like giving armor that doesn't protect you. What's the point? Still, at least 12-year-olds couldn't get shitfaced and stumble to their death or something. That'd be bad. "I guess I'll talk to you." Although he never really engaged in conversations before, he made a decision before to try to be a little more social if the occasion arose. This girl seemed alright too, at least she didn't have some weird superiority complex like some other girl who's name started with K. If that's what she even had. That's definitely what it felt like though.  He didn't know any specific item so he asked the bartender for the drink she had. "What's your name?"

@Ruby

Edited by Rusty

She had grinned when he said that they should, to be honest Ruby didn't see much of an issue about it, its not like many people below 21 try to get alcohol in the first place, the only thing that's good about this is the fact that no one can get drunk and the worst part about this is probably the fact that people under 21 can drink... however she shrugged it off. "Yeah its something that is typically not shared unless you ask for a drink yourself. Not going to lie I used to think they cost money at first." she had chuckled. Then she had a bit of a disappointed when he guessed that he would talk to her, however she doesn't blame the guy... he hasn't seen her up until this point. He had ordered the same drink that she was having in which she had taken another sip of and she had given him a smile for at least giving it a taste. The bartender nodded his head and got him a drink of the drink she was having and placed it in front of him. Ruby then looked back over to the man and said to him when he wanted to know her name "Ruby, its a pleasure. And your name is?"

@Rusty

He exhaled in relief, at least he wasn't the only one that didn't know better. Although there were beta testers who shared some info as to help, it didn't really help that much considering the changes made to the game before launch. Doesn't matter now though, a tutorial would be useless. He made a note to figure out little things like these vanity drinks before this situation occurred again, although it probably wouldn't. "Hi Ruby." He greeted in returned, graceful as ever. "Uh.. my name is Kurusu Gl- just Kurusu, actually. Unless you want to call me Rusty.. poor choice of a name, I know." He decided to refrain from giving his given name. It'd be for the best since he could be tracked in real life if they escaped. That would not be good for him and his family, especially if the people he told his name to were violent or psychotic.

@Ruby

Edited by Rusty

Ruby had watched, he didn't really drink the drink at all... maybe he was nervous to find out how it tasted? Or maybe he only got this drink out of peer pressure, either way she wasn't going to force the poor guy to drink a drink. He had given a simple hello in which he had followed up with his own greeting where he had almost given his actual name which almost made Ruby feel a little awkward, however Rusty his actual username would suffice. "Whoa there tiger, didn't ask ya for your actual name. Rusty will suffice for what I am looking for when it comes to calling you something. Well, its nice to meet ya otherwise there Rusty." she looked back to her drink and took another sip, there really not much to talk about in all honesty she figured a simple hello would do to spare some time... however she feels like this guy would be a little interesting to talk to. "So, Rusty. What build are you going after? Just curious." she had asked to bring up some form of communication.

@Rusty

"Sorry, I probably shouldn't have even mentioned it. It's just odd being called Rusty." He hadn't really been thinking when he made the username, but he planned to just make another account with a username that he'd liked more. Considering she reacted weird when he gave her his name, Ruby was probably just a username. Obviously, he was the only one who would be stupid enough to give their own name here. "....Huh?" He stared at her again with a confused look on his face. "Build, what the hell is she talking about?" He wasn't that aware of the lingo used by various players, like DPS and such. He was curious, but never enough to ask someone. Finally, he grabbed his drink and decided to see what was so good about alcohol that it was in this game. He took a big gulp out of it and it was at this moment that Rusty knew, he fucked up. Immediately, he felt the strongest urge to throw up because of the taste and that was clearly evident by the hand he placed on his mouth to prevent himself from vomiting his guts onto this girl. He got up and ran outside where he vomited what he had drunk into the nearest bush. It was disgusting, he didn't know anyone could drink that stuff. The taste was still in his mouth too, something he couldn't get out.

@Ruby

Ruby had thought to herself... was it really odd to be called by your username? She never really thought about it till now, however she can understand how she had been called Cecilia for all of her life and it wasn't until SAO she was beginning to be called something else regularly. Then she was surprised to hear that the guy had no idea what she was even talking about, she had grinned and looked from one side then back to Rusty and said "You know... what skills are you going for. Are you wanting to dish out as much damage as you can... being a tank... what?" then she had noticed that he did not like the drink at all and went outside where she had thought that he was vomiting, she shrugged it off if this tasted horrible to him then he pretty much has no taste at all with alcohol at all. However she is not going to judge him for his tastes. She had taken another sip of her wine in which she found delicious.

@Rusty

He walked back in, avoiding eye contact until he sat back down. "Ugh... I'm not gonna drink the rest of that.. sorry, you were saying something.. uh I guess I'm just going for damage and evasion. And I want to have a lot of HP so I don't die so... But I'm guessing a lot of people build around some sort of archetype, so they max out healing abilities if they're a healer or something, which is probably what you mean right? Honestly, I don't really have an idea on how to level up right. I'm probably gonna end up doing something wrong and messing my stats up permanently." Another problem was he wasn't really leveling up at all, having only gone up once or twice in the past few months. He wasn't really putting work into going up. "What about you, do you have a sort of build you're going for?"

@Ruby

Edited by Rusty

Ruby had chuckled, even though he didn't like the drink she likes his attempt to at least try the drink out. He had gotten back to his seat and explained how he doesn't really know much and was worried that he might accidentally screw up his build and went on about a certain archetype and went on and even asked what her build she was going for. Ruby had smiled and said after taking another sip of her sweet wine "Well so far in this game, there are four build paths one can build upon. One: is DPS which is about dealing as much damage and they have to take as less amount of damage they can. Then theres a tank, where they focus on taking all the damage and mitigating it all while not dealing as much damage, then there is scout that is all about finding things, then theres me! A support. Where they take things like First Aid to help out the players around them. Of course this is just the shortened version there is so much more to these builds." she went back to take another sip of her drink.

@Rusty

"Hmm.. honestly, I'd rather be a scout then. I mean, it's kinda dangerous to be anything else. If you heal people, you're most likely a priority for any monsters because you heal any damage they do. A tank takes damage as their job and a damage dealer has to try to avoid damage. But how would I even go about making a 'build' like that.. anyway, you're a support, how does that go for you? Do you ever fight monsters by yourself?" He asked, curious. There was more to this game than what he had originally thought. Although, this wasn't that unique to SAO actually. At least now he knew better and he could try to make a build like Ruby had described or at the very least get stronger through leveling up if it was too late for him to make a build. Maybe he could start up his shop again.

@Ruby

Ruby had chuckled, this must of been his first in detail RPG of sorts, or he just did not know what builds are in a RPG. "As a support, I prioritize players lives rather than doing any other form of action. However I am going for a build that can dish out damage to either carry myself to gain levels and SP or when no one has any healing to be done. However with Sharpness being a thing, I pretty much always have a thing to do. Scouts main core skill is called Search and Detect, it helps them enhance their vision to find some things. Plus they don't have to worry about being at the front lines attacking so much." she pretty much gave him the run down hoping that it's not going past his head, the last thing she wants to do is explain that mouthful again. She had chuckled "I am looking to join the front lines, soon, maybe when I hit level 50 but if a meeting comes before that I will have to deal with my current level." she took another sip of her drink finishing it.

@Rusty

"Do you prioritize your life though? Who heals you when you get hurt?" He asked, curious. "Well.. if one were to form a group to fight a boss or something, there should be more than one support just in the case the other gets hurt.. That makes sense." He started to run over strategies in his head that he imagined could work, although one of the main ideas was to just have a ton of support and people who can do damage. Still, it was a bit more complicated than that considering people could have varying skills that could classify as support. "I was actually meaning to get that skill, but I haven't really put in any work in to leveling up at all." He added before closing his mouth to continue hearing what she had to say. "The frontlines? That's.. I'm probably not gonna end up joining that, one cause I'm such a low level compared to the top players and two, I don't really know how much use I'd be. Wait, what level are you now? Are you close to 50?"

@Ruby

Ruby had chuckled after Rusty's comment about prioritizing life, she had simply stated out to him "Well, of course I have to save those who is dying. However, if they deserve to die, then I would assume you would let them too. I don't want to save one that could end me later." she had said that had made sense to her, she had lived behind this statement ever since she had heard about SAO becoming a life or death game. Then she had let Rusty continue his speech going on that he wanted to get that skill but he hasn't been leveling up like at all really, and even went on about the front lines and wondering what her level was and if she was close to level 50. Ruby had chuckled and said to him "I don't suppose keeping my level a secret means anything so, to tell you the truth I am level 41. Close to level 42, probably going to accomplish that tomorrow. I have put a lot of work towards my level if you couldn't tell." she had chuckled once more.

@Rusty

"I guess she didn't hear me right.. whatever." He sat up on his chair. "That's kind of cold though, even for me. I'd save them if I can, I mean I won't like if they're an asshole or killed people, but I'm not one to judge them. I can't go around playing judge, jury and executioner. Now, if you mean sacrificing yourself for someone else, then that's a different story. Uh.. put it this way, if I was scared of people possibly betraying me or killing me later, why would I make friends? I could stay inside one of these hotels or my shop and not have to worry about anyone offing me whenever they please. I don't know about you, but I'd rather die than let someone die for nothing just cause I hated them or was scared of them." He sighed. "Yeah, you definitely have.. I'm just level 8. You're five times my level, basically. I have to start grinding or something, I don't want to be one not able to go to the new floors cause I'm not strong enough to kill one monster."

@Ruby

Edited by Rusty

Ruby had listened to Rusty, and while after him talking he certainly didn't have the wrong mentality to go off of, however Ruby has just been with a couple different assholes to know that people around here like to abuse players and satisfy their own cravings for their struggle for power like they have been fighting over a throne that does not exist simply. She had spoken up after his last comment "I understand that thought process and you are in the right place, however I don't think I can trust some people if they don't show they can be trusted. I have had a player trick me to being in a party with him and his boys for months on end, and at the end of it all they had threatened to kill me if I had not offered over my items. After that, I wouldn't suppose that you could save a soul who has brought the wrongs in the world to life. Anyways, its not hard to catch up, with all these quests being discovered, it's not hard to start climbing the latter up to success.

@Rusty