[PP-F1] Potions Class 101 <Earning a Living>

Walking down the busy street, Cedric lets out a long sigh, he thought he'd just check out a new game after so many years of forcing himself to grow up... As he continues to walk without any destination in mind, he takes a turn down a small dirt road and finds himself before a large, yet old-looking, storefront. The name of the store looked like it was once written in gold and silver paint... but now everything about the store looks weathered. Unsure why, Cedric felt compelled to enter the store; taking the door's handle in hand he opens it cautiously and calling out into the dark reception room "Hello? Is anyone here?" Hearing nothing yet but the sound of wind rustling, and pages lazily flapping, Cedric takes a step inside the store.

All at once the door slams shut behind him and a sickly green flame bursts forth from the counter, the flame illuminates the figure of an old man bent over an old tome. As Cedric rushes over to the man he steps on a hidden switch under the plush rug which caused a trap door to open up beneath his feet. Caught by surprise Cedric yells out in a loud shout "AHHHHHHH!" and as he descends to the unknown Cedric begins to think about his life thus far, of all the ups and downs he went through as he grew up and of his two siblings. 

As Cedric resigns himself to what he thinks is his death he is surprised when he gets caught by a suspended net. As he looks around Cedric notices more of the sickly green flame doting around on torches and in a fire pit off in the distance. Standing over the fire pit is a young-looking man, possibly no older than 33, with a a book in one hand and powder falling out of the other. Surprised by the shocking thump of Cedric's rather undramatic entry into his net trap the young man spins around a stares at Cedric with eyes wide with wonder and intrigue.

"Why hello there stranger! What brings you to my humble home?" asks the mysterious man, to which Cedric replies "I'm not really sure how I ended up here, I saw an old man up above who collapsed over a book... Is he... OK?" the mysterious man laughed man laughed and said "Ah! That was just a stage prop, if you will. To keep away the weak of heart, well since you've made it this far would you like to learn of my trade? I am an alchemist!". Confused, Cedric asks him "Can you let me down first? And what's an alchemist?" the young man replies with a mad twinkle in his eye "An alchemist, my dear boy, is the future of this world!"

After spending several hours with the crazed alchemist, Cedric walks away from the store with new knowledge in his mind and a small fear resting in his heart, and he knows that there is only one thing that can make it all better... "I need something to drink..." Cedric says

WHAM! I loud thud echoed through the tavern as Kaya's face once again finds itself kissing the floor. "Ow." She says as she frailly helps herself up on her bum. "That hurts." She rubbed her face as if it would help alleviate the pain. Not one person noticed oven cared about her misfortune, this tavern's something. As she slowly helps herself up on her feet finally from the floor, she dusts herself before looking around the room for anyone she might know. I mean, she really doesn't know many people here... if not... anyone in the god forsaken death game. There didn't seem to be that many people here at all. Which is perfect. Kaya's really bad at meeting new people. Before she takes one more step, she raises both of her hands and slaps herself on the cheek. "Okay, I need to focus." She told herself. Kaya's been trying to find something to do. She had hoped to find a quest here in the tavern since that's where they're normally found... in movies and games. Face slapped and body brimming with confidence, she walks up the barkeep. "Ello there." She says as she waves her hand in the air for a quick hi and a nervous smile plastered on her face. "Got any jobs available?" 

The Barkeep eyed for intensely. "Geez, where are all these NPCs mad?" She thought as she compared this NPC to the NPC that taught her how to cook. "Yea sure. Go collect some ingredients for me out on the fields. I'll pay ya for whatever ya find." "Again with these collecting quests?! ugh... fine... I guess I don't have much of a choice." She thought as she reluctantly accepted the quest. Filled with disappointment, she began making her way towards the door.

Cedric rounds the corner back to the main road, his head heavy with the new knowledge that was beaten into his head by the slightly-mad Alchemist, feeling his stomach Cedric realized he really, really needed something to drink.

Cedric decided to walk to the closest bar or inn he could find. Approaching a main street intersection he noticed a tavern off the side and immediately made his way towards the door imagining what ever form of alcoholic drink he could get his hands on. When Cedric opened the door he is met with a young girl who's forehead is a little reddish, as if she just recently hit it against something.

Stopping right before the girl, Cedric notices a little twinkle in her eye, he asks her "Excuse me miss, is everything all right?"

It wasn't enough that she fell flat on her face, but she couldn't find any decent quest at all. They're all about collecting this or that. It was all getting boring, now as she walks out the door, she's met with stranger who happened to knock that door on her face as he opened it. He didn't even realize what he had just done, and he has the balls to ask him if she was alright?! "I'm.... fine..." Kaya's voice didn't sound like the normally cheery voice she normally has. She was pissed. Far more than she has been in a long long time. She looks the stranger dead in the eye. "Now, if you're done hitting my face and getting in my way, move." Kaya had no real right to be talking down to people, she was after all a lowly level 2. She clenched her fist as the stranger kept standing there annoying her some more. She didn't want to explode. That not here. That's never her. Without waiting for the stranger to do anything else, she shoves him out of her way as she rushes out the building.

@Teranov

Edited by Kaya