[PP-F1] Why Do I Have to Do This? <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Blinking away the sleep from his eyes Xander tried his best to focus on anything but the sun, even in the starting city he could help but feel it beating down on him, it was strange. This..is a game. The not so real sun was causing him real physical discomfort? Odd. Shaking his head of wayward thoughts he followed the occasional stream of "Players" to certain NPCs, not really taking any quests on, until now. Taking a deep breath he made his way to a small shop he overhead a few players buzzing about before, a starter quest that could possibly help him more than hurt him? That was still to be determined. Pressing himself to the door of the shop he peeked in,

"hello?"

Xander's eyes scanned the room for life, only to find a lone man focused on his work, tending to potions and forrowing his brow occasionally in frustration. The man's eyes slowly lifted to meet Xander's. 

"Oh good you're here. You must be new. My name is Zachariah and I need your assistance!" 

A little confused Xander worked his way into the humble shop approaching the man and saddening a little once he realized he, yet again, mistaked an NPC for a living, breathing, human. 

Edited by Xander Rush

Winik sat on a bench, leaning heavily against his knees.  He watched the stream of players coming in and out of Zakariah's shop, his eyes widening as he thought he saw a familiar redhead. "That couldn't be, could it?" he muttered to himself, leaning forward even further and squinting his eyes in an attempt to discern if it was who he thought it was.  But it could't possibly be, or could it?  Ten thousand players had become trapped in this game, why couldn't individuals of this individual's status be one of the many.  People are people, even if they are potentially famous people. He slowly rose from the bench, inching forward as sneakily as he could.  After what felt like forever, Winik felt his back hit up against the wood of the doorway of Zakariah's shop.  He inched his head around the corner, trying to see into the shop while being unseen himself.  'Maybe I should have picked up the Sneak skill,' he thought to himself.

@Xander Rush

Xander watched the NPC work, his focused movements and gentle words baffled Xander. "The attention to detail here is amazing... I really hope I'm not the only one who thinks these guys are real.." he reached out, letting the curiosity get the best of him, wanting to touch Zachariah but before he could he felt an odd chill run up his back. His crimson eyes met Zachariah's then scanned the room before him again. What was this feeling..? Was someone watching him? Or was it just his new "friend" he had waited longer than he would have liked here, but he didn't want other players laughing at his sad attempt to do something simple as taking his first quest.  

"Well Zachy, are yah gonna help me or not? Do I just go it alone or you coming with?" He scoffed as he tried his best to play off the fact that he wasn't completely sure where he was going or how he was going to manage helping his NPC friend. 

"Would you mind helping me? I need to make potions, this would be a great learning experience for the both of you!" The old man chimed, but Xander stiffened. "The both of us..?"