[PP-F4] Bound By Blood [COMPLETE]

Endilix watched as Emerath spoke, relaxing as he settled the woman down and kept to the task at hand. As he managed to reach their request for help, the woman's face stiffened with the inquiry and she cocked her head and stroked her chin thoughtfully as she said, "I would imagine it works the same. I presume you would like to see about dyeing that young man's drab armor?" Endilix's face went involuntarily red at this. Fashion had never been his priority. It had always been about functionality. But that didn't mean that Endilix wasn't interested in looking good. Simply that he had never put a focus on it. Endilix turned away, in a subconsciously feeble attempt to hide himself in the background, as he looked around at the wares for sale. The only thing truly of note was a mask that sat on a mannequin head on the counter. It was gray with blue embroidery, and he felt himself drawn to it.

It had the appearance of a masquerade mask, and Endilix considered the idea of matching his armor colors to this mask, should everything work out. He would come to have an appearance of a medieval knight in the renaissance era, which would match Emerath's persona in a way. "I like this mask..." he found himself saying out loud, "I think I'd want my armor to be colored gray with blue lining."

Emerath watched Endilix out of the corner of his eye as he spoke to Ecclesia. He rolled his eyes after his brother found himself getting distracted by the merchandise, and was about to resume the conversation after Ecclesia's latest comment before Endilix spoke, and Emerath's eyes were averted to the mask in question. "Ah, it appears that you've found yourself beginning to craft your persona. I'll take it," Emerath said as he smiled and turned back to the lady of the shop. "So it sounds like he'd want his armor dyed gray. As well, if you could outfit him with a blue inner lining to make it more comfortable, I'm sure that would be best. The same colors as that mask I presume. I'll be making the purchase today." Ecclesia smiled and nodded, "Of course, my dear. You're quite lucky I don't have any other real projects today, so I'll get to work right away. Should take me but a moment." She stood and walked over to Endilix, who still seemed to be transfixed by the mask, before she said, "Your armor dear. I promise it won't take long."

Endilix had heard the conversation taking place behind him, and he turned to watch the exhange. As Ecclesia came to Endilix, he unequipped the armor, standing there for the first time in a while in just a light blue tunic and brown pants, his original starter clothes. He pulled out the armor and handed it over to the woman, before saying, "Please take care of it. It was a gift." Ecclesia nodded and in a whirl was scurrying back to her back room, where Endilix could hear her working away with her tools. Endilix sighed and looked back to the mask. "So what, are we some sort of super heroes now?" Endilix asked his brother as Ecclesia worked in the back. "If that's the case, it's going to take more than an armor redye to make me look the part. More than a mask even," Endilix said as he looked over some of the pieces Ecclesia had for sale. "I need a good cloak. Every good hero in the action movies or animes has a cloak." Endilix saw one that caught his fancy. A flat dark blue cloak that seemed to bunch up around the neck, but actually hang over the shoulder. He grabbed it and pulled it on, and then quickly made his way back to the mask, and put it on as well. "Well?" he turned and asked his brother.

Right on cue, Ecclesia pushed out of the back room, with Endilix's armor in tow, gray and even with a new shine. "Oooh, how dashing you are! Now try this with it!" Endilix nodded, and took the armor from the woman's hands, equipping it. It fit snugly over the cloak, the cloak fitting under the shoulder plate, and the poofy part around the neck sticking out as he moved. He turned to a mirror, and for the first time since he started playing this game, Endilix actually felt like a hero.

Emerath admired Endilix as he cobbled together his gear. "Dear brother," Emerath said as he walked around his brother, taking a good look, "I daresay that I'm jealous of your new setup here. It fits together surprisingly well. Why, if I hadn't already chosen my route, I may have taken this for myself." Emerath chuckled, a metallic sound when rattling forth from under his mask. Emerath clapped his brother on the shoulder, before going back to the counter and pulling up the trade window with Ecclesia. The old lady smiled, "Oh no, dearie. His happiness is payment enough. Not many are so enthralled by their new look, especially such a strapping young lad. I daresay being able to see him enough was payment." She chuckled and Emerath simply rolled his eyes, thankfully unseen under the mask, and closed the window once more. "Thank you once again for your services. Now, Endilix, are you ready to do something with your newfound look?" Emerath said with a smile, as he walked towards the door, waving for Endilix to follow. Ecclesia waved at him and Endilix as he walked, and the door chime rang as he walked out.

Emerath scratched Mist under the chin as he looked out into the snowy wilds. The owl hooted softly, with Emerath smiling beneath his mask. "Time to rejoin the world, and show them what we can do, eh pretty lady?"