What do you think?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • Nah

Hello guys, I've been a solid member of the forum for a month now, and I've seen a vast amount of changes made. I'm here to propose my own idea of change, and this one is for the concept of durability on items.

[1] How To Determine Durability

Well, I was considering this question myself and I feel a valid way to keep track is through a formula, this a suggestion remember this, so feel free to give advice on it.

Durability: (Crafting Roll * 5) + 40

This would mean the maximum durability of an item is 100 and the minimum can vary based on the rank of the crafter. Typically, for an item to be usable the item's structure needs to be good, not necessarily a higher durability.

[2] Wearing Down Durability

This part was actually pretty easy to seem rather fair. I was thinking, for armor, every point of damage the player takes, the armor then loses .25 or 1/4 of a point of durability on it. As for weapons, for every point of damage dealt with the weapon, the weapon loses .25 or 1/4 of a point of durability on it.

Example 1. Player Has Armor With A Durability of 75 (Crafting Die Was 7) And gets hit with a critical, taking 2 Damage. The armor's durability then drops from 75 to 74.5

[3] Repairing Durability

When an item reaches a durability of 0, the player's item will shatter and disappear for good. However, one can prevent this by taking the nearly broken weapon or armor to a blacksmith or tailor to repair the item. The formula for repairing and item is:

(Crafting Dice * 2.5) + 20

This means repairing items will be quite costly plus any boosts currently on the equipment may bring a higher repair rate. A blacksmith may get experience based on their repair made on the item, but won't actually count as a craft. A blacksmith may repair items so many times a day, and must use the same number of material used on making the item.

Rank 1: 5 Repairs

Rank 2: 6 Repairs

Rank 3: 7 Repairs

Rank 4: 8 Repairs

Rank 5: 9 Repairs

Rank 6: 10 Repairs

Rank 7: 11 Repairs

Rank 8: 12 Repairs

Rank 9: 13 Repairs

Rank 10: Unlimited Repairs Daily

Experience will be earned accordingly

Craft Roll

1-5: 1 Experience

6-8: 2 Experience

9-12: 3 Experience

[4] Purchasing New Gear

It was recently brought to my attention that wearing normal armor without abilities and not wearing armor has the same ability so I was thinking. If you are a player that is not wearing ANY armor at all, all damage dealt to you is doubled. This way no matter if the armor is normal or enchanted, it still serves a purpose to equipping the armor. The same with a weapon, unless you have the <> Skill unlocked, not having a weapon equipped will mean that your attacks are automatically a miss as you can't fight without a weapon.

Example:

Player, John, is currently on SAO with starting armor. This player takes a critical hit and only takes 2 Damage, however if he wasn't wearing armor, he would then take 4 Damage.

Reading this, I can think of two things.

One : More EXP for the blacksmiths, which is a good thing.

Two : Making so people have to remember their durability, so they have something to keep in mind, if they don't, they'll lose their weapons.

On the other hand, I keep thinking some players will cheat about the durability. And If GMs had to check every battle post they made to calculate the durability, to see if they did it right. That would take a long time and I don't think anyone would want to go through that.

Overall I still consider this a great idea.

Exqctly, it's frustrating throwing out normal weapons. This would put them to use so they don't become a waste of material. I say we beta test this in a demo thread. All durability will be temporary for the beta.

- Made an update onto the post, [4]Purchasing New Gear

• 4 weeks later...

I for one support the idea as well! Having the same perfect quality sword from level 1 to level 100 because you can just doesn't add up to me. Plus it would give people an excuse to change up their looks now and then!

I do have one minor question. Would enhancing a damaged weapon repair it, since it is more or less reforging the blade/removing impurities/improving the quality etc, or would it remain at the same durability it had at the time?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...