[PP-F1] Tropical Cure [Secret Medicine Of The Forest]

MR-30871-531818-198.jpg

Stepping into a house at the seedy parts of Tokyo, Ichi walked past the door which was open thanks to the lock being split into two by his shoe blade. Nothing out of the ordinary here...save for the constant scent of alcohol. Blergh. 

Ichi then sneaked upstairs and no sooner after looking at the first door he saw, he heard a man's voice, the tone matching that of a drunk person. 

"You are back already? What about school...*hic*...b***h..." 

Nonchalantly, Ichi opened the door and find himself in a master bedroom of some sort...if you like to call it that way. Sitting in front of him is a man in his 40s, holding a bottle of booze that he just emptied out. There are several empty bottles sitting at one corner, and the stench is god awful. 

The man undoubtedly stared at Ichi with bewilderment as he looked at his outfit and young face, muttering, "W..who are you..? How did you..?"

Ichi simply closed the door and walked around the room like an idiot, as if he was looking for something. As the man kept questioning him out of shock and anger, Ichi turned around and just stared at the man as he said, "I'm here to teach you a lesson...for viewing your daughter...as...a.."

Nervousness overwhelmed Ichi as the fat man stood up and grined, "My daughter? You are friends with her, and you come here to teach me a f**king lesson? Even worse, you are shaking! This is hilarious!"

"I..m...I'm not shaking..." Ichi stammered as his legs shook more, gritting his teeth as he suddenly felt trapped like a helpless rat. The man snickered as he grabbed the bottle and swung it towards Ichi, who pathetically blocked the attack with his arms. As the bottle was smashed to pieces and he felt himself getting kicked in the gut, he looked at the man with tears in his eyes.

Initially amused by that crybaby look, the man suddenly became fearful as Ichi gritted his teeth harder, and lets out a childlike yell. Without warning, he advanced towards the man and sliced him here and there with rapid kicks, then he raised up his right leg like a stick.

"W...what is that shoe...h..hey..." the man muttered as he noticed the blade at his right heel, before it dropped onto his head and cut him in two, spilling out remnants of his organs and gallons of blood.

Justice was finally served...now the little girl can be happy, free from the hands of her own father....and then...erm..hm...wait...she saw that didn't she? Why was she backing away from him? What did Ichi do? Didn't she like it? He deserved that right? 

Ichi snaps himself back to reality as a sudden blast of music resonates around the restaurant at Floor 1. Looking at the wooden surface of the table, Ichi notices teardrops and at the same time, feeling tears falling down his cheek as he mutters, "D..did I cry again..? Oh my..."

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

Embers kicked open the door to some restaurant on the first floor, her boot being part of her armour. The girl looked almost like death itself, sleek black armour that covered every inch of her, minus her face. On her back at a Scythe, a single blade, black at the night sky. Truly, if death existed, this girl was as close to it as possible with her armour. Her face however, was anything but dead. Her bright red hair, her glowing amber eyes, all exploded with emotion and life. The cocky grin that consumed the left part of her mouth did nothing to hide this also. Embers looked at the peopele in the place as she kicked her feet onto a table and leaned back on her chair. 

The first sight was of some kid...crying? She knew, for her own sanity, she should simply just leave it. Who cared it some kid was crying? It wasn't her job to care, she was here to try grab some experience. After all, she had her Scythe and her armour, what wasn't there to do? She threw a glare at the one who was crying, gods was everyone on the first floor a coward? This wasn't the first time she'd found someone crying on the first floor, and if the girl was entirely honest with herself, it pissed her off. Crying achieved nothing. If they were gunna mope, at least get something done with it! 

@Ichi

Like an alert message, Ichi quickly turns around as the door was burst open, and notices you while wiping away his tears. The mean look on your face puts him off guard for a second, and here he is thinking that you probably look down on 'peasants' or cowards. Your armor and scythe are impressive to his eyes, and soon his facial expression turns back to normal as he stands up, gulping a little out of nervousness.

As he is now stands beside you, he bows before you before speaking, "H..hello. My name is Ichi. I am wondering if you would like to help me find a medicine in the forest."

He pauses as he looks at you, albeit with a worried look. Of course he may go there alone, but some help would really do for him, especially since he is still a low level player.

"I..it is fine if you refuse...I can...ask someone else. I..I can pay you all of my COL in return."

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

The girl had closed her eyes to relax. She would hang around here for a little bit, maybe have a drink or two, before finding some monsters to murder. In that order. She had her first drink arrive when she heard someone else walk up to her table, and she opened an eye. It was the kid that had been crying when she'd rocked up. What the hell did he want? She let out a huff as he bowed? The hell was that for? Was that someone that was normal, or just this kid being weird?

At his request, the girl rolled her eyes. Was everyone on this floor really that whimpy they can't even talk without stuttering?! The glare that he recieved was not a friendly one "God what is with this bloody stammering crap?" She asked, not moving from her seat "I mean damn kid, grow some bloody backbone will ya?" The girl let out another sigh as she took a long drink "This medicine thing, its a quest, ain't it?"

@Ichi

"Yes, one where there is a monster plant with the cure inside itself," He says as he stands still, taking whatever verbal abuse you are inflicting against him. He is ready to accept that if that's the price for asking for help from a player with a tough personality. He also understands that he has to control his violent urges, otherwise he would have already break your skull with his legs. 

Plus, he had been worse on Earth anyway, most notably his long quest in wiping out a nearby yakuza clan in his own apartment. The final fight was equally bizarre and visceral, as the leader was a total masochist, and he had viewed Ichi as a total pervert and sadist, someone that can finally gave him the ultimate pain.

While awaiting your decision, he swipes down his finger and browses his inventory, equipping his new armor he had purchased from a Floor 4 shop yesterday. He remains still as he dons the double silver breastplate, followed by a set of pauldrons. He grumbles at the fact that the armor doesn't come with paddings like a gambeson or chaimail, but at least he can feel the wind around him thanks to the armor's magical property. 

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

The girl checked her quest log, and true enough, there was one labelled 'Medicine of the forest'. It didn't look too hard, just a basic combat quest. Go to place, kill monsters, kill a boss monster, go home. The quest itself was a rather odd one, if the girl recalled correctly, it involved killing some monsters before the boss rocked up. Now the levels and such of the boss, she didn't know.But, there was something she knew. She wasn't dying for this kid. If this quest was beyond her, she was leaving him to die. Harsh maybe, but she had no intention to die for some kid. 

"Yeah i see it Kid...hmmm, na, Kid doesn't work for ya" She was mostly speaking to herself, rolling several words around trying to find the one she thought best described him. "Well, it doesn't look too hard, but i ain't doing the heavy lifting for ya, got it? You do your part, and i'll keep an eye on ya" She would help him, unless it became clear the quest was beyond them. At that point, he was on his own. It wasn' that she didn't care for his life, it was that she put more value on her own thatn his. 

"Sure," he says with a smile. "Meet me at the fields, the one with the dozens of colorful flowers north of here. See you!"

After paying the bill and waving you goodbye, he gets out of the restaurant and eventually heads out of the Starting City itself. The spot with the colorful flowers ain't a hangout place, but it's like a sign to some players that the city isn't far away. Thus it becomes more or less like a landmark.

As he reaches the spot, he notices a boulder and immediately, the urge to train his legs boils in his head. Maybe he can kill his time with that while waiting for you. Plus, though he knows that hand to hand combat aint much of a main weapon in Aincrad anymore, he still doesnt stop strengthening his legs just for the heck of it.

It doesn't take long for him to take off his armor, shirt, pants and shoes, but not his boxers. Reason for this? So he can be more flexible without worrying that he might tear off his pants or something. Who would want that?

Facing the rock, he looks at the boulder as he imagines it to be someone he hates, or which he has to kill, and in a flash, he is already kicking the boulder like a martial artist, boring a hole onto the hard surface. Each time he kicks at the same spot, the hole goes deeper, and his leg muscles becoming more...tense.

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

The girl remained within the bar, drinking away. She wondered about the kid, and let out a frustrated groan. Why did she sign up for damn babysitting duty! After many minutes, she kicked her chair over and left the bar, heading for the field. As she walked, she wish she could see herself. See Death Incarnate walking, Scythe in hands. She walked slowly, with no sense of purpose, into the fields. She knew where that crying kid had wanted to meet, and would get there in her own time, no one elses. 

She arrived to see that he was stripped down and execising. She raised an eyebrow as she walked close, and even snorted. To her, if this was an attempt to impress or seduce her, he'd failed horribly. She sat down on a rock, her Scythe rested on her shoulders. "I've seen better" she casually comments, not flustered in the slightest having seen a nearly naked male in front of her. She leaned backwards and let out a sigh "What's the point of doing that crap, in the game its nothing but a waste of time..." 

Edited by Embers

As soon as the rock has a large hole on itself, Ichi thinks that he is done, and hears your question. He turns his head to look at you and smiles innocently as he says, "To strengthen my legs. Well...they are useful against people on Earth but, I still need this to use it as a finishing weapon or something. Or run at least..."

He shrugs his shoulders at that sentence, picking up his clothes and armor and wear them back altogether. After equipping his sword, he looks at the sky for a brief moment before bringing out the map of the first floor, which displays where the plant monsters are located. Without wasting any time, he keeps the map intact in front of him as he says, "Let's move."

The walk takes a few minutes for him and you to reach the forest since the entrance is conveniently nearby. Throughout the walk, he neither talks nor attempt to start a conversation, as he feels like there is nothing to talk about. It is awkward but...he is used to the silence in company. Sometimes he smiles a little, and sometimes he is stoic. 

Finally, he sees the forest ahead of him, and stops as he looks ahead, wondering if there is...anything that might be guarding the forest.

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

Did she believe him? No. To Embers, she believed it was, yet another, male attempt to flatter her by 'showing off'. She let out a sigh as she sat up from the rocks she'd rested herself on "Kid, training in the game means jack all. Doesn't matter what you do, your real body is just lying around doin' nothing" she commented. She had to assume she was, like all of the players, in a care facility right now. A hospital, because there was little chance she was chillin' back in her apartment. 

The walk itself was silent, a grace the girl enjoyed. She, in part, wasn't sure why she was hanin' around the kid. After all, the first she'd seen of him was teary eyed. The Kid was better at dealing with this, she couldn't stand it. A peaceful walk true, but also a boring one. She rested her weapon on her shoulders during the walk, and let out a sigh as he stopped. Had they arrived?

"Finally" She muttered, and moved. Her weapon swung away from her shoulders and into her hands, and the girl grinned. Finally, it was time for battle, time for the slaughter. She glanced at the kid, a fire of war in her eyes "Comin'? the quest says we gotta kill two each, and i won't be happy if i gotta do your job for you" She then walked forwards, death incarnated, Scythe in hand. Would the kid run, or fight?

@Ichi

BEA_03_GR0003_01_P.JPG

Ichi nods with a serious look as he draws out his sword, walking alongside you towards the entrance which looks like some sort of arch with tree-like textures. Bizarre eh..? A plant like that being able to form as such, or somebody just messed around with them and build said arch.

At first glance, the arch seems unguarded. Which is good until when Ichi and you almost walk through the entrance, that is when he hears a low but ominious growl.

Stepping from the depths of the forest is a paw...with sharp claws, followed by a hind leg, then, Brother Bear himself let out a roar as he walks towards Ichi.

Yeah, I said walk because this bear walks on two f**king legs instead of four, and basically it can just slap the s**t out of people with just its paws. For good measure, its claws can potentially bleed its victims viciously. 

Gulping, but excited, Ichi grins as he immediately unleashes his Sword Art and advances forward as the bear starts to swing his arm.

Spoiler

Enemy Stat

Bear = HP: 40/40

DMG: 8

MIT: 0

Effects: Bleed +2 from Claws 

Too bad. He almost slashes the bear's armpit,  but his blade only grazes his fur. The bear manages to land a hit onto his chestplate, which surprisingly aint much...but would have been hurtful if his claws landed on the metal surface.

ID: 88447

BD: 4

MD: 8

Ichi: HP 59/60

Bear: HP 40/40

Energy: 4/6

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

The girl didn't seem to react at the arrival of the bear, simply raised an eyebrow. Of course, her partner reacted by charging in and getting hit for his trouble. It was big, and standing on two legs like a person. It wasn't the first time she'd been a bear do this, but that time she'd reacted very differently. Last time had had a hunting rifle in her hands, and she'd shot the bear in the heart. Hunting with her dad. Of course, this was rather different...almost. She was still not defenseless, only this time it was her Scythe, not a rifle. But she was just as deadly with this weapon, and it was time she showed WHY she was Death Incarnate. 

She shoved the Kid out of the way, and charged. Her black scythe glowed as she used Whirlwind, her most loved Sword Art. She swung her weapon in an arch, and it connected into the beasts stomach, and the girl landed, spinning her weapon back onto her shoulders. It was at that moment the 'shockwave' of her attack struck, and the Bear was forced backwards. Embers grinned, a grin of cockiness and violence, at Ichi "That's how its done Kid...Now hit the damn thing..." She said, knowing that the bear would target her. Ichi had failed to land a blow, and she'd landed a crit. Her aggro level was 2, to Ichi's 0. But she didn't care, after all, with the Reaper Armour, she wasn't going to get hurt. 

@Ichi

Spoiler

[0] Ichi 59/60 | 4/6 EN | 9 MIT? | ??DMG

[2]Embers: 100/100 Hp | 10/10 EN | 27 MIT | 1 ACC | 5 DMG

Bear: 28/40 HP | 8 DMG | 2 BLD<Use?>

ID: 88478

BD: 9 <Crit, +1 Dmg>

Sword Art: Whirlwind. (2x1)5(+1)6 = 12 DMG

Edited by Embers

ID: 88483

BD: 4

MD: 6

Ichi: HP 59/60

Embers: HP 99/100

Bear: HP 28/40

Looking at the way you fight, Ichi appreciates the violence coming from your strong attacks against the bear. Gripping the sword tightly, he sees that the bear is staggering and now advances towards him, trying to at least hit his arm, chest, or anything that would deal damage. As the bear stands back up, his reflexes quickly activate by themselves as he catches Ichi's incoming attack with his own jaw.

Shocked at the unexpected defensive move, Ichi freezes for a split second as the bear f**king grins and maybe even let out some kind of sick chuckle or something. As Ichi pulls his sword away from his mouth, the bear intentionally lets it go before pushing Ichi away and hits your amor with his paw. The bear becomes a little agile as he starts moving around, roaring and slamming his paws against each other to taunt you.

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

The girl watched Ichi move against the bear, and she couldn't not sigh. Was he that inexperienced? How did you strike in such a manner that the BEAR catches your blade with its mouth?! Even more so after she'd kicked the crap out of it with her first Whirlwind connection? Embers, in part, couldn't believe what she was watching. If he was struggling with a bear, did that mean she would have to be the one fighting this quest? While the idea she wasn't against, doing everything FOR him just wasn't her style. 

The bear went fight for her, just as she had counted on. Ichi, even with that armour, looked weak. She would have to do it the hard way for him...She let out a sigh, and with a casual smirk, charged forwards. A repeat of history as she swung her Scythe, once again using Whirlwind to connect the first blow, and the shockwave to throw the bear backwards, for double the damage. Landing on her feet, she glanced backwards, Death watching her follower "Ich, you gunna hit this damn thing or does a girl gotta babysit you?"

@Ichi

Spoiler

[0] Ichi 59/60 | 4/6 EN | 9 MIT? | ??DMG

[3]Embers: 99/100 Hp | 8/10 EN | 27 MIT | 1 ACC | 5 DMG

Bear: 18/40 HP | 8 DMG | 2 BLD<Use?>

ID:  88485

BD: 5(+1)=6 <Hit>

Sword Art: Whirlwind (2x1)*5 = 10 DMG

Edited by Embers

ID: 88486

BD: 9

MD: 4

Energy: 1/6 (Used Vertical!)

Ichi: HP 58/60

Bear: HP 22/30

Hearing your words only triggers a memory of some girl that said the same thing to him when he was harassed by a group of students in school. This happened after she kicked their asses too, and Ichi could only appreciate the violence coming from her punches or kicks. Somehow, the girl alone prompted Ichi to take martial art classes, and since that day, he grew to be physically strong, especially for his legs.

The bear lands against the tree on its back as the force of your attack pushes him again. Quickly recovering himself, he is about to stand up when suddenly, he feels a sharp pain at his crotch. Looking down, he sees Ichi gritting his teeth as if he is trying to grin or to be angry, then he feels the player's sword slicing from here up to his throat.

As Ichi quickly steps back, the bear lets out a loud roar, the long, but messy cut causes him to bleed profusely, and he gets on all fours as he growls while rushing towards both of you and Ichi.

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

Embers had hoped that she'd get something out of him, a fight, some passion or spirit. But what she saw, left her let down. She had expected him to land at least 1 hit, but so far, Ichi was useless in her eyes. He'd managed to aggravate a bear, and was now leaving it to HER to kill it for him. Honestly, the manners of people. She snorted as the bear got onto all 4's and charged. Such a dull creature! 

She took a strong step forwards, and spun her Scythe around expertly. "Kid, open your damn eyes!" She yelled, charging forwards. Third times the charm in theory, and her third use of Whirlwind worked perfectly. Her first swing connected on the bears chest, and the girl simply stood still in front of the best. The second it raised its paws to strike, the shockwave smashed into it chest and sent it backwards once again. Leaving the girl, armoured in black, unharmed. She shook her head as she looked over at her companion. 

"Honestly, you bring me alone for some fighting quest, and leave me to do all the work? It's honestly starting to piss me off" the red-haired girl started snapping "Now are you going to be useful kid, or am i going to do this for you?" 

Spoiler

[0] Ichi 58/60 | 1/6 EN | 9 MIT? | ??DMG

[4]Embers: 99/100 Hp | 6/10 EN | 27 MIT | 1 ACC | 5 DMG

Bear: 8/40 HP | 8 DMG | 2 BLD

ID: 88570

BD: 6(+1)=7 <Hit>

Sword Art: Whirlwind. (2x1)5=10 DMG

Edited by Embers

ID: 88571

BD: 1

MD: 2

Ichi: HP 58/60

Bear: HP 8/40

The more you berate him for his uselessness in this battle, the more he feels like his sadistic side wanting to get out from its own cell. Still gritting his teeth behind his shut lips, Ichi tries his best to tolerate the abuse as he, and the bear as well, charge each other at the same time, now both of them are trying to exchange blows against each other, but to both of their dismay, neither of them can hit each other, only their own weapons. Sword and claw respectively.

The bear roars as it becomes annoyed at Ichi parrying every attack. Meanwhile, the player knows that he will be berated by you after the fight, but at the very least, he is trying to buy you some time so you could finish it...or just injure it so Ichi can deliver the killing blow.

At some point in the clash, the claws and sword get involved in a shoving match, and Ichi grits his teeth harder as he tries to shove off the bear's paws. The animal tries to do the same as it growls deeply.

@Embers

Edited by Ichi

Embers had no intention of leaving the final blow to the kid. Oh no, she had done the hard work on this beast, and she would claim its life. The kid clashed up against the bear once again, and once again, failed to leave a mark. The girl sighed, what was his equipment like to be this poor? She had to wonder, before taking a single step forwards, Scythe at the ready. She would just have to butcher this damn thing herself. She walked forwards, slowly, a lethal calm, as if Death itself were coming for a soul.

The bear looked at her, and as if sensing what was coming, backed away a little. However, it was too little, far too late, and Embers swung her Scythe across its chest, landing a clear blow. The following shock-wave shredded the Bear, and it exploded into pixels. She rested her scythe on her back, and began walking deeper into the forest. Although she did throw an angry glare at Ichi behind her "Hurry it up kid, i ain't waiting for you"

@Ichi

Spoiler

[0] Ichi 58/60 | 1/6 EN | 9 MIT? | ??DMG

[4]Embers: 99/100 Hp | 6/10 EN | 27 MIT | 1 ACC | 5 DMG

Bear: 0/40 HP | 8 DMG | 2 BLD <Slain>

ID: 88703

BD: 6(+1)=7 <Hit>

Sword Art: Whirlwind(2x1)5=10

Edited by Embers