[PP - F9] A Little Hot... << Guardian of Fire >>

Phew... it was quite hot on floor 9, not that Ruby was overwhelmed by it since she had worn somewhat revealing clothing, and she cant really take any more off unless she wanted unwanted eyes. (Or for Beatbox to keep this non-UR section.) She had heard of a boss around here, once terrifying, now easy for those high enough leveled. However... she was feeling kind of lonely nowadays, she kind of wanted to meet up with a friend that she had met before hand- only if she had knew which one. Sure her friends list is very... small and lacking it was unknown where any of her other friends may be. She shrugged, she wouldn't know if she didn't ask. From what she had remembered her and Telrenya had left off on good terms... and she was fairly cute so... she figured to see if she was around.

To: @Telrenya

Hey Telly~ It's me Ruby, I am on the ninth floor at the moment, and I was wondering if you wanted to join me on the Guardian of Fire? Yeah, its pretty hot on this floor so I would recommend wearing something that you wont sweat your behind off. 

Don't worry about its strength, I should be able to handle it on my own.

See you soon?

Ruby

A small, startled squeal echoed against the thick walls that surrounded Telrenya's Artisan shop. Just moments ago, the blonde woman had been standing on tiptoe, using a stool to boost herself up as she reached for the top shelf of an intimidatingly tall furniture piece. In the midst of her precarious concentration, the sound of a system notification chimed in her ear, giving Telrenya a start and causing her to lose her balance. Surrounded by empty boxes, the fallen stool, and other displays, she brushed down the front of her clothing, suddenly remembering to be grateful for the pain dampeners Cardinal provided.

"What timing..." The woman breathed out, standing herself up and pulling open her menus to find the cause of the notification. She pulled up Ruby's message and her chestnut eyes glided back and forth as she read its contents. "Ruby?" She echoed the name, recalling their previous and only encounter. The woman who had stood up for her, but also came on a bit strong as she helped her complete the quest for her Artisan skill. Suddenly a frown worked its way over her features, forming an anxious expression. 'A quest? Pretty hot? What floor is she on...?' She thought, going through what little she knew of the game's atmosphere while she pulled up her friend's list. The warmest place she had been thus far was the fifth floor's deserts. "Nine?!" She exclaimed once her menus revealed Ruby's location.

A good twenty minutes had passed before Telrenya teleported into the ninth floor's main settlement. The change in temperature hit her instantly, and despite the unfortunately precautions she had taken, the woman was instantly feeling uncomfortable. Blonde hair tied up into a ponytail, she wore a simple outfit consisting of a pastel pink halter top paired with a white high-waisted skirt. It wasn't too far off from an outfit she might wear in the real world, but that brought all the more discomfort. Her knightly persona was all but gone with her gear. Feeling herself try to swallow the nerves that had already started building up, Telrenya opened her messages, sending one off to let Ruby know she had arrived.

It didn't take long for Ruby in return after a few moments had received a message stating that she had arrived, Ruby had smiled and strutted her way to the main teleporter on the floor... looking around she was expecting the whole knight attire on her and if it wasn't for looking around for a bit, she probably would not have found her at all. She had on quite a cute outfit on, fitting her cute looks, however to her it felt like it was missing something. She had raised her hand and waved it with a yell "Hey Telly!" she giggled as she began to walk up to Telrenya "You look so... CUTE!" she said as she then said out to her "However it could use a better pair of shoes and a snuggly matching jacket, and props on the ponytail really brings out the beauty in you." she gave her a wink. She then said out to her "I am impressed on your cute outfit, but its not very... combat ready if I do say so wouldn't you think Telly?" she chuckled.

@Telrenya

A frown worked its way over Telrenya's features as the volcanic atmosphere sweltered around her. Having the Survival skill helped, if only just a bit, to keep her from turning right back to the teleportation gate and heading back to Delilah. She perked up when a familiar, cheerful voice called out to her--or at least some iteration of her name. "Oh, Ruby!" She smiled as the pink-eyed woman came to greet her. Telrenya looked surprised for a moment during Ruby's tangent, compliments sprinkled throughout. If it weren't for the floor's intense heat touching her cheeks, she might have felt some from the embarrassment. "O-oh, well..." The woman had a point about the practicality of her clothing, but Telrenya's lips pressed together in a small pout. "Yeah, but you're not exactly covered up, either..." She argued weakly as she surveyed the toned stomach and slender shoulders that Ruby flaunted.

"A-anyway," She tried to change the topic. "What kind of quest are you wanting to invite me on? I don't really think my level is high enough for the stuff around here..." She trailed off with uncertainty.

Ruby had chuckled as Telrenya had started to blush as she had sent a good amount of compliments her way, then she had stated out that she isn't that covered up either. Ruby had laughed out and said to Telrenya "Hey at least I can move freely and attack without things restraining against me. And this outfit is not only to help me move freely but to look great while doing it too. With that outfit Telly you look like you are preparing for a date of some sort..." she playfully gasped "Are you trying to take me out on a date?" she had giggled and waved her hand in front of her and placed another on her shoulder "It should be fine though, unless you wanna stop by somewhere to get you some better clothing for this sort of occasion, but if not I am willing to look at the cute outfit you have on to match the beauty in your figure." she chuckled. As Telrenya had changed the subject, Ruby had went along when she had changed the subject and answered her question with "Well, its called Guardian of Fire, once said to be a difficult boss, but for those with a good enough AoE damage can kill it with ease. We just gotta fight some easy demons first. You still down Telly?" she looked at her with a smile.

@Telrenya

It must have been so long since the last time someone had tried to flirt with her that Telrenya had almost forgotten how cheeky Ruby could be. A bit flustered, she listened quietly to her new companion's brief explanation before reaching a hand to lightly graze along the back of her neck. "Mm... Yeah, my other gear wasn't giving me any stat bonuses, so I just went with the best thing I could find... Is there a place around here that has something better?" She was beginning to severely doubt the appropriateness of her choice of attire. Especially if she would be participating in any of the fighting that Ruby alluded to. Thought Radiant Dawn was considered equipped as it was still resting at her hip, the thought of using her rapier and shield while wearing a skirt like the one she had one.

It didn't take the pair long to reach a shop that carried armor and clothing. Telrenya tapped her index finger against her chin as she looked over the items on display. "I dunno..." She mumbled out as she passed by various pieces. She wouldn't call herself a fashionista, but she generally liked clothes and shopping. Perhaps the difference in setting simply left her more anxious than she normally would be.

Ruby had somewhat of a catlike face seeing Telrenya getting all flustered, its cute to see a girl like her get all embarrassed like this. Then Telrenya had said out that her old equipment wasn't giving the stat bonuses or for that matter felt comfortable in this kind of weather, then had asked if there was a store around to get new clothes, Ruby had smiled she had came to the right girl for this sort of thing, she had grabbed Telrenya by the arm and said with a smile "You asked the right gal girlfriend, let me take you to one of my favorite places to look at clothing around here." she began to drag her / lead her towards her favorite store in the area, eventually making their way to it she had opened the door and let go of her arm and waved to the owner: Sapphire. "Hey Ruby, here to window shop or did you seduce that cute girl and trying to get her into something more comfortable for your liking?" the woman had chuckled, Ruby had laughed and said "Nah she's just a friend, trying to find her better attire for a hot environment like this.". Sapphire had looked at Telrenya as she was looking at some of the clothers and signaled her to follow up behind her "I think I got somethin' in mind that would be pretty cute for you. Also Ruby I have one for you as well." Ruby had smiled and walked up to Sapphire and she had pointed her to a different changing room with a box with one inside. Sapphire looked through some of the dresses that were on a rack and pulled one out and presented it to Telrenya along with a pair of heels "How about this? you can enter the other changing room to try it out. Comes with its own mirror. Just dont get seduced in your own beauty is all I ask, I get customers all day." she had chuckled.

@Telrenya

Telrenya would have been lying if she said she wasn't surprised by how friendly Ruby was with the shopkeeper. She hadn't hardly been on this floor herself, but perhaps it wasn't too unusual considering her companion's higher level. With a small shake of her head, she tried to dismiss it from her head as simply overthinking things.

A few minutes and a few different outfits looked at later, the girl named Sapphire held up a simple black dress with yellow accents. The blonde's eyes lit up for a moment, admiring the piece of clothing before hesitantly taking it from her. "O-oh, thank you," She stammered out before slipping into one of the changing rooms that was pointed out.

With a few taps of her menus, her current outfit disappeared from her body and the yellow dress materialized over her form. Slipping on the pair of shoes, she gave a little twirl in front of the mirror and a smile grew over her features. Leaving her hair tied up in a ponytail, the rapier-wielder opened the door just enough to peek back out to the shop. "Ruby? Did you find something, too?"

Ruby has walked into the changing room and clicked to remove clothing and took a moment to look at the clothing that she was given, before smiling and clicked the button to put it on. She had taken a few moments to look in the mirror and appreciate her own beauty and how she looked. In the distance she had heard Telrenya's voice calling out to Ruby, she had exclaimed out "One second! Just in love!" before chuckling and kept looking at herself in the mirror. Sapphire had chuckled and looked towards Telrenya and said with a smile "This girl does this everyday, she really likes her clothing. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried and kept 400 outfits by now. Shes running my Vanity supply dry. And you look really cute, it fits you well." After a moment Ruby had eventually stepped out of the changing room and went towards Telrenya and was admiring how cute she had looked "Wow Telly, you look so cute in this too, Beautiful even. Mind if I keep you to myself?" she chuckled before Sapphire chuckled as well and said "What if I want her?" she jokingly said. Ruby had looked back to Sapphire and said "She's in my friends list, not yours. Too bad so sad." before they both chuckled. Ruby then did a twirl and said "Well Tel, how do I look?"

@Telrenya

Telrenya gave a sheepish smile at Sapphire's compliments, slipping outside of the changing room completely and gently closing the door behind her. It wasn't long before Ruby revealed herself as well, beaming at both of their outfits in turn. In a flash, the rapier-user was caught up in a playful argument between the two women that had her grow flustered before a question was presented to her.

"Ah, uhm," She cleared her throat before managing to reply. "Just as revealing as your regular outfit." She started, teasing the woman a bit. "But it suits you... It's cute." While 'cute' stil might not have been the best word to describe the dancer-style clothing, Telrenya offered a small smile. "I like the one she's picked out, though." She looked down to her own dress for a moment. "I'm fine with getting it, then should we head to the quest you mentioned?"

Ruby had smiled a bit after saying that it was just as revealing as her other outfit, but she had said that it was cute. Ruby had placed a hand over her chest and said with a bow "Well thank you telly~ But wait here, I have a better outfit to try out. Just give me a second, then we'll get to the quest I promise!" then she had turned around and told Sapphire "I'm still keeping this outfit." and walked towards the changing rooms once more. Sapphire looked towards her location with a confused look and looked back to Telrenya "Well... this is... different, never in my time has she put on something she really likes and want to change out of it. What's gotten to that girl?" she had questioned herself. Truth be told, Ruby had picked out a different outfit to wear, one that wasn't so revealing... she felt like she was being a little too much for Telrenya and she wanted to wear something a little less revealing this time around. She had put on the other outfit she wanted to show Telrenya and stepped out of the changing room and then asked Telrenya again "How about this one?". After waiting for Telrenya's response she would then say out to her "Well Telly, lets go, hopefully it'll be better clothing for you in this floor." and before they left the door Sapphire yelled out "Your friend can keep that dress! By the way you can come back here to get any clothing you want! Vanity clothing is free here!"

@Telrenya

"And I was just about to say you were right about her liking clothes..." She replied back to Sapphire in a hushed voice. Ruby hurried to swap her clothing before stepping out before them once more, just as excited with the new outfit she wore. Telrenya gave a small nod when she asked what they thought. After complimenting her new companion, the woman was surprised when they didn't seem to be bothered about paying for their new clothing. Her head turned as she looked between the two players, but didn't hesitate long as they brushed it off, even the store owner saying it was free. Telrenya had a brief thought to protest, but dropped the matter once they had left the store.

Once they were back outside in the blazing volcanic heat, she was immediately grateful that she wouldn't have to deal with the real-life consequences that would have come from wearing heels in a molten wasteland. While they were definitely her style and matched perfectly with her clothing, she would only give it an hour or two before her feet would have started to feel sore in reality. Placing her hands on her hips, the woman shifted her weight and looked out over the scorched earth in front of them. "Alright, so what's this quest about anyway? Guardian of...something." She trailed off lamely, unable to recall the full quest title Ruby had earlier mentioned.

Ruby had gave Telrenya a smile as she had complimented her look, she wanted to show Telrenya and show that she can wear things that aren't too revealing... she was glad that Telrenya was happy about the dress she had picked out. Ruby had looked back to Telrenya as she had asked but the quest at hand, not fully remembering what the quest title was at all, Ruby had let out a small chuckle and said "It's called the Guardian of Fire, from what I had heard though, we're gonna have to fight some Hellhounds before being able to fight the actual Beast itself, I have no idea if the boss or the hell hounds are going to hurt a lot, however you are Safe with me Telrenya, I promise that you are." she offered a smile and lead the way towards the destination where the boss/quest is located "By the way, its going to get a little hotter, we need to go into Volcano into a cavern thats inside. Do you have Survival by any chance? You could suffer environment damage if you don't."

@Telrenya

When Ruby had mentioned fighting Hellhounds, Telrenya's stomach instantly flipped. She'd never been on the ninth floor before--would she even be able to participate in the battle, or was it better if she let Ruby handle it herself? The woman seemed confident, so Telrenya only assumed she wasn't getting involved in something she couldn't handle.

She focused instead on the next thing that was explained to her, and felt a tinge of relief at mention of the Survival skill. "Ahh, yeah! Luckily I do have that skill." She gave a small smile as the butterflies in her stomach began to settle. The last thing she wanted was to be a liability if the monsters were out of her league.

With Ruby's direction, the pair headed in the direction of the cavern. Luckily for Telrenya's nerves, the path was scarce for wandering monsters, leaving them mostly alone to their conversation for the duration of the trip.

Ruby had smiled to hear that Telrenya has the survival skill, it was going to help her out in the long run. "Well prepared I see Telly. You are better than I thought..." she chuckled and kept walking towards the inferno cavern. Her smile had faded for a bit and then she had looked over to Telrenya and said to her "Say... Telly, are you scared at all about what is to happen here? In this game?" she had asked her with a bit of curiosity, at night she would cry herself to sleep because of the situation that she is in, she doesn't want to go through this game... however she never really talked to anyone about it, and would like to keep it to herself. As they had arrived the to the infernal cavern Ruby could feel the heat increase once more, it certainly was a good thing to have Survival indeed as the broker had told her. She had looked at Telrenya and said to her "Just stay behind me Telly, you'll be okay." then walked into the cavern... maybe she should have worn the revealing clothing, it was really hot. Before the two hand knew it, four hellhounds had raised off the ground and growled at them and barked lava out of their mouths. Ruby had chuckled and her legs had charged with a shade of red as she had recklessly charged forward and missed all of them very horribly and fell onto the floor. Its a good thing the Hellhounds as they had pounced they had hit eachother at the same time and they fell to the ground.

@Telrenya

-----

ID: 89151 - BD: 1 - MD: 1 (greaaaat...)

Sword Art Used: N/A

Ruby - 860/860 - EN: 84/86

Telrenya - 220/220 - EN: 22/22

Hell Hound 1: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)

Hell Hound 2: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)

Hell Hound 3: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)

Hell Hound 4: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) [Enemies Below are not Present.]

Hell Hound 5: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)

Hell Hound 6: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)

As their topic of conversation drifted into something unsavory, Telrenya blinked in slight surprise. It was odd to hear the normally-confident and outspoken woman to approach such a topic, and it had Telrenya thinking for a moment before she answered. "Scared?" She paused a moment after echoing the word. "Yeah, I think almost everyone is scared of this place at some point." She said the words while wearing a small, wry smile as she looked at the cracked earth in their path.

They didn't stay on the topic long, as the pair soon approached the mouth of a large cavern that housed a generous spread of sleeping hounds. Jet black fur speckled with red-hot magma, the monsters quickly stirred at their arrival. Telrenya drew her rapier from its scabbard and equipped her shield to prepare herself for combat, as unsure as she was if she would be capable.

Ruby wasted little time in getting started on the quest objectives, dashing forward into the fray. The woman tumbled after she had closed the gap, but luckily the monsters hadn't managed to scratch her. With a deep breath, Telrenya hurried after her, taking aim against one of the creatures beside cavern wall. She lunged forward, her blade glowing a soft white as it pierced through the hound's hybrid flesh. It's health bar fell a considerable amount, but the beast was still standing, baring its sharp teeth as it growled and turned towards the blonde.

ID: 89153 | BD: 8 - Hit (Quadruple Pain)
(5 Base) * (4 Sword Art) = 20 DMG

Ruby - 860/860 - EN: 84/86
Telrenya - 220/220 - EN: 18/22

Hell Hound 1: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 0)
Hell Hound 2: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 0)
Hell Hound 3: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 0)
Hell Hound 4: 10/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 1-Tel)

Ruby had peeled her face off the floor and looked up to see that Telrenya had successfully attacked one of the Hell Hounds to deal a bit of damage to her, she had smiled... she had progresses a little bit when it came to the game. However, she had quickly stood up as the Hellhounds were getting ready to attack, however as she had tried to get up to attack three had pounced onto her clawing and critically biting her, the other Hellhound was focused on Telrenya as it had critically striked against her too with a claw across her chest. Ruby had pushed the Hellhounds off of her as she need to stand up, she had taken a good amount of damage however she prepped up a Tornado Kick and returned a critical strike against all of them ending their lives. However from behind her two more Hellhounds have been spotted dashing towards her.

@Telrenya

-----

ID: 89154 | BD: 9 - Crit (Tornado Kick)  | MD: 9 - Crit (3 on Rub's, 1 of Tel)
(9 Base) + (1 Crit)= (10 Base) * (6 Sword Art) = 60 DMG
Mob Damage: 75+75+75=225 / 75-9=66

Ruby - 635/860 - EN: 73/86
Telrenya - 154/220 - EN: 18/22

Hell Hound 1: 0/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 0)
Hell Hound 2: 0/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 0)
Hell Hound 3: 0/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 0)
Hell Hound 4: 0/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10) (H: 1-Tel)

Telrenya stumbled back as the Hellhound's claws slashed across her torso, leaving three long red gashes to mark the injury until her health would restore. 'Of all the times for my shield's damage not to go off...' She winced from the attack and scowled slightly as the beast stood unharmed by the item's thorns enhancement. The use of random numbers and effects in a game were sure inconvenient when they were so prevalent in what was otherwise their real world--just many more chances for her bad luck to get the better of her.

Ruby was quick to recover though, shaking off the attacks from the remaining hounds and using her Martial Arts to damage them all with a single attack. As her attacker shattered into pixels, Telrenya let out a breath of relief. "Nice one!" She called out, tightening her grip on her rapier as another pair of Hellhounds charged towards them. Telrenya rushed forward, lunging forward to skewer her opponent through the torso. The monster snarled as she came close, delivering a quick swipe of its fiery paw in order to deflect the thin blade. Telrenya stumbled, not expecting the hound's movement.

ID: 89159 | BD: 3 - Miss!

Ruby - 635/860 - EN: 73/86
Telrenya - 154/220 - EN: 17/22

Hell Hound 5: 30/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)

Ruby had looked back in her partner in crime for this quest as she had complimented her, "Thanks Telly!" she chuckled but then looked back forward, two more Hellhounds have been spotted and Telrenya had moved forward to try to hit one of them, however she had failed a bit. The hellhounds looked at Telrenya as she had tried to attack her, and the hellhounds have jumped up to pounce her, however Ruby had stepped in time with a Tornado Kick ending their lives. A mighty roar can be heard in the background... it had seemed the boss of the hour had finally spawned after the fall of their minions. Ruby had looked back to Ruby with a glow on her hands "Are you hurt Telly? I can heal you if you want me too. The boss is just up ahead. I just don't know if you are wanting to heal up first. Thats only if you want though Telly." she offered to her with a smile.

@Telrenya

-----

ID: 89160 | BD: 7+3=10 - Hit (Tornado Kick)  | MD: 2 - Miss
(9 Base)  * (6 Sword Art) = 54 DMG

Ruby - 635/860 - EN: 62/86
Telrenya - 154/220 - EN: 17/22

Hell Hound 6: 0/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)
Hell Hound 6: 0/30 - DMG: 50 (75=9, 100=10)

Without Telrenya needing to make a second attack, Ruby made quick work of the last remaining hounds with another strong area attack, something her rapier sorely lacked. The blonde was just about the sheathe her blade for a moment's rest when a low rumbling--no, the sound of several deep growls echoed from farther in the cavern, past their sight. Telrenya froze for a second before deciding to keep her weapon drawn, and it was then that Ruby approached her and offered to heal her missing hit points.

"Oh," She had almost forgotten that Ruby's primary role was that of a healer or support player. She was instantly reminded of the two girls with the First Aid skill that were taking on the Dragon Hunter Anthology quests with her. She glanced to her own health bar in the corner of her field of vision, pausing a moment before a small, sheepish smile appeared on her features. "Well... I suppose there's no reason not to, just in case." She nodded as she agreed to the blonde's offer. While Ruby would initiate the use of her skill, Telrenya would give a small tilt of her head. "What about you, Ruby? Can you heal yourself?"