[PP-F6] Hunting the Blue Tiger (Kane/Miaki) CLOSED

The sixth floor was largely a dense jungle area, and much of it was untamed so far. Rumors had spread far and wide of a massive beast that had been sighted in the deep jungle, a blue tiger that had claws like knives and fangs like short swords. Settlers on the sixth floor, <>, had posted a bounty on the creature, asking strong Players to eliminate the beast before it ambushed any more travelers. Only then would traffic to the seventh floor be increased, and their chances of clearing the upper floors would increase as well. It wasn't front-line work, but it was necessary for the safety of others.

Kane checked his gear; he'd bought a few potions and re-stocked his throwing daggers for this hunt. He turned to his comrade for this excursion, Miaki. "This is the area. Right here," he pointed to his map, showing their location in the thick foliage, "is where the majority of Blue Tiger sightings have taken place. It could be anywhere, stay alert!" He unslung his war blade, the metal gleaming translucent viridian in the dappled light of the rainforest.

Keeping a hand on his scabbard, Miaki scanned the jungle floor. "Might have better luck searching from up there." He said while pointing to the sky. Looking at his falcon Silverwing Miaki spoke up again. "Find that <> Silverwing. Come back when you find it." He used a hand signal ordering his falcon to hunt and it complied taking off through the forest. "That should help us out alot."

Kane kept his eyes open as they proceeded forward, Miaki's animal companion soaring high overhead. As they made their way into a clearing in the thick foliage, the bird of prey let out a sharp cry, wheeling in the sky. Kane stopped dead in his tracks, alerted to the presence of the predator just in the nick of time!

It was crouching in the scattered shadows on the edge of the clearing in front of him. Its fangs were yellowed, and instead of orange fur with black stripes, the beast bore orange stripes on rich, royal blue fur. Its eyes gleamed like bronze in the darkness, and it bared its teeth, preparing to hunt the hunters.

Miaki heard Silverwing's alert and tensed up scanning the forest. The jungle growth was so thick around them that mobility would be a little difficult and the tiger would be difficult to find. Kane spotted the <> off on his side of the path. Drawing his blade Miaki readied himself. "Alright Kane here we go. Battle routine. Set. Execute!" Holding his blade behind his back, Miaki charged his attack.

(OOC: You initiate since I have no idea the HP of the field boss. Also, I have a thunder storm going right now so I may lose power.)

<>

Kane's greatsword was drawn and glowing a vibrant red, in stark contrast to the vivid green hues of the jungle plants surrounding him and Miaki. As his battle buddy spoke, readying himself, the <> stalked into view, facing them both down with a snarl and a deep yowl. An HP bar appeared beside the creature's head: It had 28 HP, a challenging opponent for the pair.

Kane decided to waste no time in contriving stratagems or complex plans. "Hit it 'til it falls down!" he grunted, dashing forward suddenly to meet it head on. Kane's crimson blade swooshed through the air, attempting to slash the Tiger's face.

-----------------------

The creature had earned its reputation, apparently. It danced backwards out of the deadly arc, snarling.

<>

Kane

Miaki

Tiger

Silverwing

<

Miaki saw the HP bar appear and engaged immediately after Kane's attack missed (I'm assuming that your post was an attack). His bladed glowed bright green and Miaki could hear the humming of his attack charge completely and he released the sword skill <>, a basic sword skill for curved blade wielders.

Charging forward Miaki slashed at the <> putting a deep gash into it's fur. "Brace yourself for the counterattack!"

(OOC: Roll above 5 to deal 4 damage not factoring Silverwing's additional attack. Sword skill cooldown = 2 posts)

Kane: 19/19

Miaki : 33/33

Silverwing : 28/28

<>: 23/28

(<> adds x2 attack. Ex: Roll 8 = 2 HP loss; Roll 9 = 4HP loss)

The Blue Tiger snarled as Miaki's <> gouged him deeply. Leaping forward, it became a blur as it struck at Miaki, seeking to slash him with its knife-like claws!

(1-4= Miss, 5-8= Hit, 9-10= Crit)

-------------------------------------

The claws raked Miaki's arm, but the wounds seemed shallow. The Tiger growled as Miaki's attack took its toll, seeming to give the beast trouble moving at its maximum capacity.

Miaki : 32/33

Prepared for the counterattack from the <>, Miaki saw the claws coming towards him. He threw the blade he had in his hand down and leapt back. The beast was still closing in on him however. Acting quickly, Miaki equipped his new forged blade, <>. Upon being drawn there was a bright silver light emitted from the perfectly crafted <>. Miaki parried the Blue Tiger's claws and smiled. "I've been waiting for a chance to use this." He said quietly to himself.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 2 turns)

(<> adds x2 dealt. Ex: Roll 8 = 2 HP loss; Roll 9 = 4HP loss)

(OOC: Silverwing is used in the same post as mine so I'm sort of attacking twice.)

Kane saw Miaki's new katana gleam bright. "You get the coolest toys!" he said with a wide grin, bearing down on the enemy Tiger. His own blade moved in arcs of orange light, slashing at the highly mobile field boss. Charging up a Sword Skill, he unleashed his <> on the monster, hoping to do massive damage.

(1-4= Miss, 5-6= 1 Hit, 7-8= 2 Hits, 9-10= 3 Hits)

(2-Turn Recovery)

---------------------

The boss monster dodged the first two attacks, but the signature last slash of the <> was a blurringly fast vertical that clipped it, doing damage.

<>: 22/28

Miaki held the katana in his hands. The blade emitted a feint silver light from itself. Living up to the name bestowed upon it. Miaki stood his ground, allowing the <> to rush towards him. Miaki planted both his feet on the ground and prepared to dodge the beast and slash it in the side. Just before the <> had a chance to strike, Silverwing flew by the beast's face scratching it. Miaki rotated around the tiger that jumped and was hit by the falcon while in mid-air. Miaki sliced the beast in the fur on it's side; taking a nice amount of health out of it.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 1 turn(s))

<>: 20/28

Kane was still in the cooldown state from the <>, and so the Blue Tiger yowled loudly turning to attack him. It leapt through the air, pouncing on him and trying to sink its fangs into his sword arm.

------------------

The creature didn't manage to get a good grip on Kane's arm, but its fangs did chomp down on him temporarily, affecting his HP.

Kane: 18/19

<>: 20/28

Kane wrested his armo free of the creature's fangs, and sank into a defensive stance as the timer for his Sword Skill cooldown expired. The beast that they were fighting was a crafty one, and they would have to be vigorous in their assault if they wanted to stand a chance of ending its threat to travelers.

(Cooldown Over)

As the <> attacked Kane's arm Miaki prepared for switch out and attack, he noticed his falcon do a sweep over the beast's head causing the tiger to flinch and break away from Kane. He noticed his sword skill was off cooldown and used this opportunity to attack with a new one using his katana. Lowering his weapon down by his left hip, aiming behind his body, the blade began to pulse brightly. After a short time the weapon was ready. Miaki sprinted forward attacking with <>, a 1 hit attack used for attacking from a long range. As he closed in on the blue beast, Miaki took his blade and made a diagonal slash starting from the bottom-left to the top-right. The speed of the attack and the brightness of the sword was so great that it was hard to keep track of where the blade was exactly.

(OOC: Roll 7 to successfully deal 4 damage not including Silverwing's attack and +1 damage from using <>. Sword skill cooldown time = 3 posts (I'm saying three COUNTING this one.))

<>: 14/28

(OOC: 4 DMG from sword skill, 1 DMG from katana, 1 DMG from SIlverwing = 6 DMG)

The Blue Tiger was circling Kane, about to attack him again, but the appearance of Silverwing distracted it. Snarling, the jungle cat was blindsided by Miaki's <>, tearing into it and causing it to recoil in pain. It leapt at Miaki, reacting out of animal instinct and slashing at him with its vicious claws!

-------------------------

Kane's cooldown ended just as the Blue Tiger was leaping at Miaki, and he sprinted towards the beast, tackling it out of Miaki's path with a hard shoulder bash. It didn't damage the beast's HP, but it couldn't get a bead on Miaki, instead rolling away from Kane's tackle. "I'll try and keep 'im off ya, recharge!"

After knocking the Blue Tiger out of the way, Kane began concentrating. His sword flashed with a viridian green light as he began building power for one of his more accurate attacks: The <>.

The blade came into position across his back, and Kane brought it crashing down towards the Tiger's torso twice in a figure-8 pattern. At the end of the second strike, He forcefully harnessed his momentum to spin horizontally, bringing the blade crashing towards the beast to complete his salvo.

(Requires at least a 5 to hit, does 2-5 damage. Two turns of cooldown.)

--------------------

Kane was able to unleash a salvo of minor cuts on the beast, bringing its health bar down even more. He knew that the beast would soon counterattack, and he prepared to try and dodge.

<>: 18/28

"I'll try and keep 'im off ya, recharge!"

"Okay!" Miaki yelled as he switched out with Kane. Miaki caught his breath as Kane released a 2-hit combo attack on the <>. Noticing the HP bar get lower, and that the beast was open for an attack, Miaki rushed forward. "Almost dead!" Miaki shouted as he sliced through the fur.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 2 turns)

<>: 9/28

(OOC: I think you forgot to include the damage I did. I'm assuming you did two DMG so I factored that into the HP.)

(OOC: Yeah, you have the correct HP. Thanks!)

The Blue Tiger was flagging, its health severely reduced by the furious salvo of attacks from the duo. As its hit points fell, it suddenly flew into a rage, its teeth and claws glowing red! Lunging forward, it pounced at Kane, trying to slash him with the crimson nails!

(1-4= Miss, 5-6= Hit, 7-8= 2 damage, 9-10= 3 damage. Boss has no cooldown.)

(5-1= Miss)

-----------------------

The Tiger had almost managed to reach Kane when his cooldown wore off. He parried the monster's charge away by bracing his wide blade against his gauntlet, letting the field boss bounce off of the glowing metal.

As he shoved the Blue Tiger away, Kane knew that in a few seconds, he'd be able to use another Sword Skill. "It's raging!" he called out, noting the blood red aura around the creature's teeth and claws.

(1 Turn of Cooldown Left)

The <> having getting close to critical health started to become more fierce and violent. A subtle red aura appeared around the beast. "Yeah I see it. Don't worry about me." Miaki glanced behind himself at Silverwing ready for another maneuver. "Let's not be hasty now. Hold steady!" Miaki assumed a defensive position. ((OOC: It's a miss but I'm branching out my ideas.))

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown = 1 turn)

(OOC: I don't think you understand that the cooldown is two of your turns after you use the skill, not the next two posts.)

(OOC: Sorry, I misremembered that my attack had a cooldown of 2 posts not 1, I fixed it. Thanks for your patience! ^___^; )

The Blue Tiger was still prowling, dashing left and right in an attempt to throw off the aim of the fighters. It moved like a cerulean blur, sometimes leaping over their heads, sometimes retreating behind a tree and appearing behind a different one...

-FLASH!-

It charged forward out of nowhere, fangs bared as it bore down on Miaki!

(Hit=2 damage)

------------

Miaki's defense proved too good for the Blue Tiger to match, and its fangs bounced off of his blade with a loud

-Claang!-