{F8-PP} Gone Fishing (Ruby)

After Jevi had apologized to Ruby for, essentially, trying to help. Ruby seemed to take a minute to herself as Jevi searched off in the distance for something to kill the awkward silence. However, to her surprise, Ruby did that for them. Jevi felt the soft grasp of the woman's hand on top of hers, causing her to turn around quickly to look at them. She felt the warmth from the hand on top of hers, the color significantly lighter than her own. Her golden eyes peered up into the light crimson orbs as Ruby Thanked Jevi for today and admitted that she was not doing much to help. Jevi could not help but smirk, which soon after turned into a full smile. Soon after their food had arrived, the two not wasting any time by looking at it and began eating immediately. After a couple of bites, Jevi looked up from her plate to Ruby, swallowing the chewed food in her mouth. ~"So.. I was thinking about what you said earlier.. With.. Grave and how I haven't heard from him.." her voice had a tinge of sadness to it, but not in a way that she was going to breakdown in front of Ruby, continuing on with the downer attitude. ~"Do you.. do you really think it might be right for me to just.. Assume he doesn't want to be with me anymore?"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time had passed as Ruby and Jevi had sat there eating their food, it was pretty good however for Ruby's tastes it was very very simple and didn't really taste like much, a little sauce or soy sauce would have made this a lot better. Eventually Jevi had spoken up however this time around again she had a sad tone talking about her and Grave, Ruby had swallowed her food and she had said out as she had combined her hands together and placed the on the table and she had looked upon her hands as she had then spoke out "Well... I may have not been in a relationship in this game yet, let alone a relationship in a while... but, I don't think it takes one to know what you should do. To me, I don't care if you are in the frontlines, you should at least message your partner to at least see if they are okay and that you love them... not just forget about it for months on end, it seems like he's choosing to ignore you really." she swallowed her own saliva and said out to her "No one should ignore their partner in this world, especially one that is caring and as beautiful as you." she had let out a small chuckle shaking her head.

@Jevi

After Jevi asked, Ruby seemed to take a moment to collect her thoughts, as well as finish her food. She told Jevi the same thing she had told her before, that Grave should have messaged her, despite how busy he was. Each word seemed like daggers to her heart, pricking more and more at her until she just felt weak. When she said the word love, it was unlike a dagger, but like a large sword just piercing straight through her chest, and finally, ripping across her body when she believed that Grave was choosing to ignore her. Even though she was the one that had asked, fully knowing of the answer she would get, it still hurt. Tears began to well up in her eyes, before they flowed down her cheeks, though she refused to sob, and just let the tears fall. She loved Grave, he was the first man she ever had loved. And the first person to ever show her real love back since her father. But.. if he was choosing to ignore her like Ruby said.. did he truly feel that way anymore. ~"I.. guess you're right.."  she said, as she took the napkin from the table and dried her cheeks. ~"Maybe its best if I just.. move on.." ...

Ruby had noticed that she begun to cry, Ruby didn't know what to do... she didn't want to make her upset through this, but she just had wanted to say how she felt about her situation, she had looked down to her clean plate and then back to Jevi, she had spoken out very depressed and grabbed a napkin to clear her eyes. Ruby had only felt bad, she didn't care she needed a hug. Ruby had stood up and pulled another chair next to Jevi, it was a awkward hug but she had wrapped her arms her neck and pulled her into her shoulder holding her tight. She didn't know what to say, nor did she really want to say it was her fault that shes upset... she thought for a moment, she didn't want to say anything that could upset her. She didn't know, her mind was just running a blank, however she eventually got the courage to say something "I'm really really sorry Jevi... I just, well thats how I feel about the situation is all..."

@Jevi

Jevi heard Ruby stand up from her chair and pull it to be beside Jevi's, her arms soon wrapping around her. Jevi sniffled before speaking, ~"No.. don't be sorry. You're right." She sat up straight, her golden eyes looking over at Ruby. ~"I'll only keep getting upset if I stick with it this way.. I know it'll hurt the most now.. but.. I know I'll at least get over it."  Her eyes glistened from the tears that welled up in her eyes still, yet a smile forming on her face. ~"Thank you. I'll be okay.." she chuckled ~"We only just met today, and our friendship is already all hugs and tears." her chuckle turned into a laugh. ~"Let's finish eating.. I have.. a lot of thinking I'll have to do later when I get back to my shop.. But I still want to get to know you a bit more beforehand." Jevi rested her cheek on one of her fists and cut a piece of the salmon, lifting it into her mouth. The fish seemed to melt in her mouth, though she quickened the process by chewing it gently, ~"So.. without us starting up the waterworks again.. tell me about yourself." 

Ruby had rubbed Jevi's back when she had wrapped her arms around Ruby smiling, and eventually she had sat up straight looking at Ruby, however Ruby still continued to sit next to her being here for her. She had let out a chuckle that turned to a laugh when she had said their relationship was already hugs and tears, she had said out to her "Well I am glad that you are okay." she had let out a giggle. Jevi had mentioned that they should get back to eating, however she had looked back to her plate and she had noticed she had cleaned it dry she had looked back to Jevi with a nervous giggle and said "Uh... I have already eaten all my food..." she then let out a small laugh. After a moment thinking to herself Jevi had spoken out wanting to know her a little better without the water works, she had offered her a friendly smile and said "Well... besides my Username is Ruby, my real name is Cecilia. Cecilia Rubino. I used to live in the United States before I was offered a job in Japan. In the real world I am a clothing designer aka a fashionista. How about you Jevi?"

@Jevi

Jevi looked over at Ruby's plate, all of the food already gone, looking as if she had just received a clean plate from the kitchen. Jevi looked down to her own plate, a little under half of her food still remaining. ~"O-Oh" she said with a surprised chuckle. ~"Guess you really were hungry."  Jevi at a bit more of her food as she thought about what Ruby had spoken to her about with Grave, before asking to know more about Ruby. To Jevi's surprise, Ruby did not mind sharing more about her life. However, where Jevi was mostly asking about things that may have happened to her in game, she decided to tell Jevi all about her real world life.. name, hobbies, where she lived, everything. Her golden eyes went wide. ~"U-Uh... I .. wasn't expecting you to.. tell me all that."  She blinked a couple of times at the woman before shaking her head and chuckling. ~"My outside life isn't important, but I actually live in the United States. I didn't have the opportunity to move to Japan." she said with a laugh. ~"And my name is Alex...well, Alexandria. " As she said her full first name, a small tinge of an accent could be heard. ~"Definitely not as nice of a name as Cecilia though."

Ruby had chuckled after she had said that she had been really hungry "Yeah... kind of been starving myself while being alone. It's not like I didn't want food it was just I was always too lazy to go anywhere, purchase, or even really find something really." she had let out a nervous chuckle, after she had told her a little bit more about herself Jevi's eyes had widened and said out that she wasn't expecting to say all that, Ruby had blinked and got a little embarrassed as she placed her hands between her legs and said out "O-oh... was I not supposed to tell you that? I thought you wanted to know more about me... like you know, personally." she had listened, however Jevi had seemed to be okay with talking about personal stuff, she had spoke out saying that she used to live in the United States and her name was Alexandria, she had giggled and said out to her "No no... Alexandria is a MUCH much better name that mine. I'm jealous even." she giggled.

@Jevi

~"Well I mean..." Jevi rubbed the nape of her neck, her golden eyes making a circle within their sockets, trying to find what exactly to say. ~"Its just unexpected. I mean.. with other games, you'd usually want to be cautious about who you tell that stuff to." She was about to give a more detailed reason to what she said, going into online predators and the like. However, after what Ruby went through, she figured it may be best not to go into those details. Jevi smiled, ~"But I guess here its a different story, we can see exactly who we are talking to.. and I don't think many people would fake who they are in a world where we are really trying to survive." Jevi could not help but let out a small giggle when Ruby complimented her name, ~"Thank you.. Its where my parents grew up when they were kids, Alexandria, before they moved to the United States." she laughed and shrugged her shoulders, ~"I guess they loved it so much that they named me after their home city." Jevi finished the last bite of her food and looked down at her plate, ~"You know.. its funny.. I hadn't told Grave my real name after knowing him for a long time. And he was the only one who knew.." she mentioned the man without letting her sadness get to her. With a chuckle, she looked up at Ruby shaking her head, ~"I didn't trust anyone, like I said earlier. I didn't want friends. You probably would not have wanted to be my friend... But I really opened up. And I'm happy I did."

Ruby had nodded her head with a chuckle "Yeah I guess you are right..." but before she could speak any further Jevi had spoke out pretty much what she was going to say, with a smile she had said out "Exactly, plus I think even in the short amount of time we've known each other I feel like you deserve a little information about me." she chuckled. She had spent the next few moment's listening to Jevi's story and looking at her while she was talking, her hands at each end of the chair as she had swinged both her legs back and forth listening. Once Jevi was done, she had froze her legs and said out to her "Well, I am glad you became more open, it lead to me getting a friend in the darkest time of my life here. And I think its actually cute they named you after their hometown, at least it has flavor and actually sounds like an acceptable name. Matter of fact I like that name! I wish I had a name like that." she giggled.

@Jevi

Jevi chuckled and shook her head, ~"Guess you have a point.. my father told me that Alexandria is one of the most beautiful cities in Egypt. Wish I could have visited." she said with a hopeful sigh. Moments later, the young waitress returned to the table, taking both players empty plates in her hand. "Would you like anything else?" the girl asked. ~"No, I think we are finished." Jevi said with a smile. This prompted a small transaction box to appear in front of Jevi with the total bill for the meal. Jevi looked over to Ruby and smirked as she tapped on the (Accept) button, charging to whole bill to her own col amount. ~"You saved my life, remember? It's the least I could do." The waitress gave the two a small bow with her head before heading back to the inside of the restaurant. Jevi stood from her seat and stretched her back, ~"Come on, I'll walk you back to your shop." The brunette waited for Ruby to stand up before they walked back over the bridge to the other side of the town and followed the road that led back to Ruby's shop out in the woods. ~"I wanted to thank you again for everything. Not only saving my life.. but also for the advice. You really made me feel better about everything going on in my life. I really owe you one." 

Ruby had chuckled after she had said out saying that it was one of the most beautiful cities in egypt, Ruby with a smile had said out to her "Well, naming you after one of the most beautiful cities was a good choice judging how beautiful you are now." flirtatiously with a giggle. Eventually the previous girl had come up to them as their plates were picked clean asking if they were done, Ruby had nodded her head and said after Jevi "No no we are fine here." eventually they had to pay for the food, however Jevi had immediately pressed the accept button before Ruby could really get to it, Ruby had looked up and shook her head "I didn't save your life... I am pretty sure you could have kicked its ass no problem Jevi... but since I was stubborn about giving you the col I suppose you can be stubborn paying for this." they had both stood up, however Ruby did not stretch, she had felt alright for her body and nodded her head as she offered to walk her home. Ruby had looked over as they walked forward saying out all the things that happened today as she wanted to thank her, Ruby had giggled and said "Ooooh, its nothing. Merely a girl helping out another girl. Thank you Jevi." she had said opening her menu's sending a friend request to the woman.

@Jevi

Jevi turned her body to face Ruby when she thought that she had done nothing to save her life, ~"Didn't save my life? Maybe I could have handled the bear.. yeah. But remember, it knocked me into the lake and I sank to the bottom. My armor was too heavy under the water, so I would not have been able to swim back up if I tried. You saved me from drowning." Where the two had hurried to get to the town so they could eat, Jevi decided to slow her pace for the walk back to elongate their conversations and enjoy the new friendship that was forming. After the brunette had thanked Ruby again for all the advice, Ruby responded with her own thanks. From what she gathered from when they first ran into each other earlier today, Ruby was had separated herself from everything.. but seemed to be in this strange space in between.. regretting leaving her friends and feeling lonely at the same time. After their day together, Ruby had lightened up to Jevi, and seemed to be more open to the idea of going back to meet the rest of her guild.. her friends. ~"I gotta admit.. I thought you setting up shop all the way out here wasn't the greatest of ideas. But it is a pretty nice area when you get used to it."

Ruby had blinked for a moment, she had totally forgotten that she had fallen into the lake and that she had saved her life, she had felt a little embarrassed in forgetting about that event, she moved her fingers close to her chest and pressed them together poking them saying out "Yeah... I forgot about that one... my apologies.", as they had walked forward through the town she had smiled of the person she had met, despite her being absolutely depressed today, this woman had successfully managed to lighten her stubborn ass up a little bit and feel a lot better on the situation. She had looked to her as she had seen the friend request and she had offered her a friendly smile then was a tad bit happier with herself, eventually Jevi had spoke out and said things about her store, Ruby had chuckled and said out to her "Originally, I just wanted a store to get the most money by making it PK'er accessible, however nowadays its used to keep myself away from the crowd of people."

@Jevi

Jevi falling into the lake had slipped Ruby’s mind, the womab remembering the event that had transpired hours before differently. The brunett giggled, placing her hand on her chest, ~”No worries, a lot happened today between the two of us. I don’t think I’ve ever cried this much in front of someone since my-“ the girl stopped herself before going more into her tragic past life. ~”Well.. I used to alot.” she said with a soft nervouc chuckle. A small box had popped up in front of Jevi, [Ruby has sent you a friend Request (O)(X)] With a smile on her face, the woman gladly accepted Ruby’s request to keep in touch by being on eachother’s friends list. Ruby then told Jevi about why she chose her shop to be out all this way was originally to keep it open for Orange players so they could access her shop, but now she just liked that it isolated her from the world. ~”Just because your shop will still be all the way out here, you better not be a stranger.” She chuckled and looked at the woman, ~”I know it seeme tough right now, seeing people again.. seeing your friends. But as much as you deny it.. it will help.. Hell, if you cheered up this much seeing me, maybe I should join the guild too.” 

Ruby had listened to Jevi as she had said out that she hadn't cried this much since something, Ruby had gained an intrigued look upon her face... Jevi had then just went out and said that she had just used to cry a lot. However, she wasn't really going to touch upon the subject... she didn't want her to feel like she needed to say anything. All she did was rub her back and said out "It's alright, we've all been through a lot, whether thats inside this game or outside." As they had kept moving she had said out to her to not be a stranger since her store was all the way out, she had giggled and said out "Well... to many others I am just a stranger living out in the open near a lake." then she had spoke out on how things may seem rough now, however seeing her friends will cheer her up, and if it would help she would join the guild, she had giggled and said "I don't want you to join the guild just for me though. I want you to join if you really would want to."

@Jevi

Ruby had made it a point to Jevi to only join her guild if she truly wanted to, not just because her new friend was a part of it. Jevi placed her hands behind her back and looked upwards at the canopy of trees above her, the sun just barely breaking through the spaces between the leaves. ~"Well, I've been pretty lonely too.. Don't really have any friends that are around anymore.. Not like I even had many to begin with back then." she said with a chuckle, ~"So if you'll have me, I think I might. If your guild mates are anything like you, I'm sure they'll accept me. Hopefully they can help me with leveling up a bit too.. since I'm still pretty low leveled compared to you." she said with a smile. Jevi looked around the area, thinking about the bear that attacked her and the Shark that they fought. ~"So, I understand that you like being out here to get away from people.. but don't the monsters get annoying? I mean.. there was that bear.. the shark. I'm sure theres other weird things out here like.. giant bugs.. or even slimes." She looked at Ruby for some sort of confirmation, but then smirked,  ~"Then again.. you can probably handle them no problem."

Ruby had chuckled when Jevi had said that she gets pretty lonely as well, Ruby had looked at her and said "Weeeeell, if you ever want to hang out with a friend you know you have, you know where to find her and you can message her too." she had giggled. Eventually she had said out about her level and the guild, Ruby had looked to Jevi with a smile and said "The matter is whether or not they'll accept you, ill make them let you in if they say no. Its a matter of whether or not-" she poked her upper chest "-you want to join our guild or not. Don't base your decision just off me." she had giggled. She had then asked out if she gets annoyed with all the monsters that are around and then said it wouldn't be a problem to Ruby, Ruby had smiled with a chuckle and said out to her "I mean, not really. Majority of them give a good amount of loot anyways so I am not complaining." eventually the had made their way to Ruby's store and she had turned around to face Jevi, she had let out a giggle and said extending her arms "Since you wont give me a goodbye kiss from our fun little date, you said you'd hug me goodnight at least" she had pointed at the fun little interaction they had a while ago.

@Jevi

Ruby told her that she always had a friend here if she needed someone, which Jevi appreciated, responding with a smile and a nod. ~"I will keep that in mind. Same for you, Ruby." Ruby then made it a point to tell Jevi that it was not up to her if she could be in the Holy Dragon Alliance, but she would have a strong say in it with their leader if they had a problem with it. However, her main point was that she should only join if she really wanted to.. not because Ruby was there. The brunette nodded in agreement, ~"Don't worry, I'm pretty certain I want to join for myself.. not just because you're in it." The two finally arrived at Ruby's quiet little, isolated show out in the middle of the forest. Ruby had turned to Jevi, remembering what she said about giving her a hug goodnight rather than a kiss after their date. The brunette playfully rolled her eyes and looked at Ruby with a cocked brow for a moment, before stepping forward and wrapping her arms around the woman. ~"Alright fine." she said with a small giggle.

Ruby had giggled as she had responded to her a reminder of the same thing, Ruby had nodded her head and said "I'll keep in touch Jevi." she looked back forward seeing that they were almost to her home, she had let out a sigh, she didn't really want to say goodbye to Jevi oddly, however there's always another day. She had said to Jevi the whole thing about the guild and she had replied with that she was certain that she would join the guild for herself not just one person. Ruby had smiled and said to her "Good. I can't wait to hear if you are joining our guild or not." she chuckled. Then Ruby had extended her arms and played fun with the date joke they've had going on. Eventually she had moved forward and wrapped her arms around Ruby, Ruby had returned the hug and let out a small giggle. She had eventually let go and said to her waving her hand "I'll see you later Jevi~" then she had strutted off into her store.

@Jevi