»(5) T1 Health Potion [+40 HP]

---

<<The Gemini>>

• HP: 180
  • DMG: 90
  • MIT: 0
  • ACC: 2
  • EVA: 1
  • Critical Hits: 108 on a natural MD 9, 126 on a natural MD 10.
  • <<Disguise>>: +1 ACC to <<The Gemini>>'s first attack.

((Personal timeline note: Takes place after [PP - F4/11] The Search Goes on and before »[PP - F11] Fateful Encounter))

"Finally, a new place to explore!" Telrenya's spirits were high as she strolled through the sixth floor's capital with a spring in her step. The blonde rapier-wielder had been eagerly expanding her horizons as of late, despite being slow to gain experience and increase her level. Each new floor was uniquely themed with a drastically different environment from the last, and it left Telrenya curious to explore each new level. She found herself in the middle of a village with what looked like tropical jungles residing outside of the safe zone's border.

Some time had passed, and while the blonde woman's head swiveled side to side, scanning over the various shops and points of interest that the city had to over, a small frown found its way to her lips. "How am I ever going to find you, brother?" The thought left her in little more than a whisper.

Edited by Telrenya

James Cardona, elder brother to the woman who know called herself Telrenya, supposedly existed in this death game. At least, she was almost positive that he had been logged in when The Announcement was made. 'But does he know that I was here, too?' She wondered. The woman hardly played many video games, and the name she chose for her avatar was something she had made up on the spot during character creation. Likewise, Telrenya hadn't the faintest idea of the name James would have chosen to represent himself here, leaving both of them unable to track each other down through normal means. A small sigh escaped her lips as the thought crossed her mind. She had spent a fair share of time simply asking around with a description of her brother, but with players able to change their hair color, eye color, and customize their appearance with vanity items, she wasn't even sure he still looked the same.

Edited by Telrenya

Estelle had decided to keep her features the same as when she had first used the mirror that shattered her avatar's tailored appearance. Making herself recognizable to him was her best bet of finding her brother, if he was still alive.

Telrenya's heart skipped a beat, and she quickly shook her head to get the thoughts out of her mind. "C'mon Estelle, of course he's alive." She tried to convince herself. Despite the grim possibility always looming over her that James was one of the many crossed-out names on the Monument of Life, Telrenya didn't have a choice but to remain optimistic. Either that, or the doubt and worry would eat her alive in no time.

She had been walking for a few minutes now, just lost in thought, when she found herself at the edge of the safe zone. Just as she was about to turn on her heel and head back in the direction she came, a voice that called out to her grabbed her attention.

Edited by Telrenya

"You look like a capable adventurer."

Telrenya's head snapped in the direction of the voice that had cut through the soft sounds of forest ambience around her. A single figure stood outside of the safe zone, facing her. The girl's eyebrows narrowed slightly, instictively growing cautious. "Hello...?" Was the only thing she could think to say in response to the figure. They chuckled, lifting their hand while their shoulders rolled in a shrug.

"Sorry, did I startle you? I simply mean to ask you for a friendly duel."

The blonde couldn't help but tilt her head in confusion. Surely this person didn't think she was strong enough to duel another player for fun, let alone provide any kind of challenge in a fight. She knew of some players who relished in the challenges of PVP combat. Telrenya, however, couldn't see herself enjoying duels, even if she was capable of winning.

"Err, I'm sorry... I'd rather not, but thank you for the invitivation." Some part of her still didn't want to be rude, despite the odd situation. Perhaps the player was somewhat like Invi and just preferred to hide their appearance. Maybe they were shy or embarrassed, or just liked the mysterious character they could be with the right clothing. 'Yeah, it's not that weird.' The naive girl tried to convince herself to lower her guard. She didn't want to become the type of person who was always on edge and distrustful of other players, although that apparently didn't even allow her to keep a healthy amount of skepticism.

"Hmm..." The figure, whom Telrenya still couldn't so much as identify as male or female, shifted their weight and brought their arms in front of them. A hand tucked itself into the shadows that the hood cast over their face, fingers appearing to tap against their chin as if they were deep in thought.

"I know, how about I give you something in return?"

The figure spoke up again after a few moments of thought. Telrenya had to stop her head from cocking even farther to one side. "Huh? What do you mean?" She couldn't help herself from entertaining the mystery person's statement.

"Well, it's not fair for asking you to duel me without compensating you for your time." The hooded person spoke with their hands, waving idly in the air in front of them. "I learned a hidden skill the other day, how about if you beat me I'll transfer the skill to you?"

Telrenya hesitated again. The person seemed earnest, or at least eager for her to accept their challenge. But did the game work like that? They could just transfer skills between each other? Or was this person just trying to get her to agree and making something up?

The woman didn't know whether to feel distrusting towards the figure or guilty for being so critical of them. Her gaze drifted down towards the ground in between them, thinking carefully about her answer. Finally, with a reluctant sigh, Telrenya answered with a still hesitant voice. "Alright... I suppose a simple duel wouldn't hurt."

The figure clapped joyously at her acceptance before quickly turning their body and waving her along. "We'll get in trouble if we start a fuss in town, though. Come on, I know a nice place near here where there aren't any monsters!" They didn't wait more than a second before putting more distance between themselves and the village. Telrenya had to move hastily just to catch up to the person, hand nervously resting on the hilt of her rapier as she walked.

"Here we go, perfect." The pair had reached a small clearing among the flora, about five minutes away from the town gate where they had met.

Telrenya's eyes drifted around the area, surprised at the lack of wildlife despite the figure's earlier assurance. Her attention was drawn back to the hooded person when their hand moved up to the hem of their hood. "Now then," The blonde didn't even register how their voice had changed. Her eyes were wide, fixated on the face in front of her that matched her own. She was staring into a pair of brown eyes on a smiling face that she knew very well. The figure had pulled down their hood to reveal her own face, hair, and as they moved to pull off the dark cloak that had covered the rest of them, even their clothing matched her own.

"W-wait...what?" Was all Telrenya could breathe out. She wanted to laugh it off, or casually ask the player if they were using some special item to copy her appearance, but the vacant smile on the face staring back at her sent a shiver down her spine.

Edited by Telrenya

Her eyes flickered upward, reading off a name that now hovered above what looked like her own head. 'The Gemini...' She read off the nametag. Had that always been there? And above it, 'A red cursor.' No, surely those things had appeared just now. Which indicated that the creature standing in front of her was a monster. Without a word, the Gemini drew the rapier from the sheathe at her hip, holding it at the ready in front of her. Telrenya instinctively held up her hands, taking a step backwards while her eyes were locked on the creature. "Hold on...uhh..." She was lost for words. It had conversed with her earlier--it was intelligent, responding to her words and body language. Telrenya's mind was struggling to comprehend what was happening.

-WIP-

ID#: 89861 | BD: 9 - Critical! - Penetrate Activated
(7 Base) + (1 Crit) = (8 DMG) x (8 Sword Art) = (64 DMG) - (31 MIT) = 33 DMG

MD: 10 - Critical! = (126 DMG) - (9 MIT) = 117 DMG

Telrenya: 243/360 HP | 28/36 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 9 MIT | 14 Thorns
The Gemini: 147/180 HP | 90/108/126 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 31 MIT

Edited by Telrenya

[Placeholder]

ID#: 89862 | BD: 2 (+2) = 4 - Miss!

MD: 9 - Critical! = (108 DMG) - (9 MIT) = 99 DMG

Telrenya: 144/360 HP | 27/36 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 9 MIT | 14 Thorns
The Gemini: 147/180 HP | 90/108/126 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 31 MIT

Edited by Telrenya

[Placeholder]

ID#: 89863 | BD: 4 (+2) = 6 (-1) = 5 - Miss!

MD: 10 - Critical! = (126 DMG) - (9 MIT) = 117 DMG

Telrenya: 27/360 HP | 26/36 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 9 MIT | 14 Thorns
The Gemini: 147/180 HP | 90/108/126 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 31 MIT

Edited by Telrenya

[Placeholder]

ID#: 89863 | BD: 5 (+2) = 7 (-1) = 6 - Hit! (Fallen)

MD: 5 (+2) - 7 (-1) = 6 - Hit! = (90 DMG) - (9 MIT) = 81 DMG

Telrenya: 1/360 HP | 25/36 EN | 7 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 9 MIT | 14 Thorns (Fallen)
The Gemini: 147/180 HP | 90/108/126 DMG | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 31 MIT

Edited by Telrenya