Is this a good idea that everyone likes?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea that everyone likes?

• Yes! All hail your wisdom, it's perfect just the way it is!
    • Yeah, I like the idea but it could use tweaks. I'll let you know in the comments.
    • Meh, I don't like it, you need a lot of improvements.
    • I hate it, this is dumb. Your face is dumb.
    • Cool story bro. Needs moar ponies.
    • W-whatever! It's not like I have feelings for you, Kane-kun! B-Baka!
    • I like turtles.

Hey folks,

Now that the 7th floor has been unlocked, there's a place in that area called the Monster Arena. Now, we could all make up how we think this arena works, what it's like, and what rewards we can get from fighting monsters there, but wouldn't it be better if there was a sub-board for it, and pre-defined rewards for beating increasingly difficult waves of monsters/creatures?

My suggestion for the system is this: Run by NPCs, the Monster Arena exists to hone the skills of Players, as well as providing a gambling opportunity. Players can nteract with the Arena in a couple of different ways: First, they can choose to fight in the Arena against predetermined sets of monsters, from level 1 to level 20. When the first person to beat all 20 waves has done so, they unlock waves 21-30, and so on. Each level has a <

> reward. If you beat a wave, you have the chance to cash out, or keep fighting. If you keep fighting, you do so without a break, only using whatever healing items you brought with you into the Arena. Every five waves, a monster will drop a Material or an Item, making it interesting to see what will come next. Occasionally, the monster you fight won't be a wave of small enemies, but a Field Boss, or another similarly strong, single opponent. You are not invulnerable in the Arena; your HP will drop like in real life, but you have the chance to hit the <> key on your console, which ends the match before you're killed. This makes you lose all of the <> and Mats/Items you've earned thus far, though. Greedy players will find they have a harder time surrendering all of their loot, but that might put their lives at risk.

Players can also choose to wager <

> or Items against a competitor's progress. The NPCs who run the Arena are programmed with probability calculators, and know how to run the wagering system well. A Player may be able to bet 25 <> that a competitor will pass the third wave, but he won't be able to wager a rare item on such low stakes. Generally, the more far-fetched the chances of a Player's victory, the better the payout from the Arena NPCs.

The monsters spawn inside the Arena, and its walls are unbreakable objects, meaning that an army of monsters won't be able to escape out into the seventh floor.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I like this idea, even more with the option of surrendering, it'll bring something psychological to it, I guess, since like you said, greedy players won't want to hand over the items they've won, I think this could really work, if done properly.

You should put a poll on your page, so that people can vote : Yes, No, Change some things.

I think those would be good voting options.