[SP - F1] «The First Few Lessons are Free»

After parting ways with Hestia, Facade made his way towards the questing board. There were a couple of quests that he had to do in order to make his way out of the first floor. His eyes caught what was on top of the list which the name of the quest was «The First Few Lessons are Free». ‘A beginner’s quest? I feel like I have reached a new level of being low.’ He taps on the quest, revealing all the information about the quest. He takes a quick summary of the quest and swipes away the menu. ‘I am going to need to locate an NPC by the name of Zackariah. It should be easy with the quick guide they have here.’ He taps on the location of the NPC’s shop and over his HUD shows a tracker that will help guide him to his destination. Facade let out a sigh and made his way towards Zachariah's shop. ‘This quest should be done in a breeze. I don’t think I am going to waste a lot of time here.’

After following the path towards Zachariah's shop, Facade came across a small wooden house with squared windows and the smell of cinnamon was around the area. The green trees sitting behind the house, giving it a forestry feeling and the closer he got to the house, the warmer it felt. ‘Almost feels like home..’ He walks near one of the windows and peeks inside and sees an elderly man with a blue tunic. The house is filled with different types of vials and it seemed like he was busy with mixing a potion. ‘This NPC looks like an actual person, I still can’t get rid of this uneasy feeling.’ He wraps his hand around the knob of the door and turns the knob to enter the house. The creaking of the door caused Zachariah to turn towards the player, as a snowy white haired person had just waltzed into his house. The two make eye contact, but none of them said a word to each other. The door slowly shuts behind Facade and he takes a step closer to the old man, but still nothing. ‘This is nothing like any RPG or MMO I have ever played.’

Facade took a couple of steps closer towards the NPC and they still make eye contact, but no verbal exchange. ‘This old man is creepy as hell.’ As soon as he places his hands down onto the counter, Zackariah's smile grew on his face and Facade took a step back. “Hello young traveler! My name is Zackariah! I need some help with some errands! Will you help me out?” The snowy white haired boy stared at him for a few seconds in silence to see if anything were to happened. Before he could answer, a small window appears before him. ‘Would you like to accept the quest?’ There were two buttons that were color coded and had a symbol in them. A blue button with a circle indicating to accept and a red button with an x indicating to deny. ‘I guess there is no use in replying to this old guy verbally. I also have no choice but to accept, otherwise I would be wasting this opportunity.’ He taps on the blue button and the window vanishes and the old man pulls out a sheet of paper.

Facade looks down at the sheet of paper that Zackariah had placed in front of him and he looks up at the old man. “So, I just need to gather the five materials at the outskirts of town?” Zackariah looks up at Facade and takes the paper away and nods his head. “So much of a conversation..” He turned his back against the old man and reached for the door knob. “Alright, then I will be back in a bit.” As he is about to leave the house, “Be careful out there, adventurer.” He smirks, before exiting the store and shutting the door behind him. His quest log updated, indicated that he has collected zero out of five materials for Zackariah. ‘Gathering materials without combat. Sounds like an easy job.’ He began to dash towards the outskirts of town and into the Grasslands, which is filled with «Frenzy Boars» and «Dire Wolves». Although it sounded like an easy job, Facade must stay alert as he could engage in combat with any of the hostile entities around him. He has not witnessed any death by these monsters, but he was not going to be one of the victims to these monsters.

The night has overcome the sun and the cold, night air blew through the «Town of Beginnings». ‘For a game, I hate the fact we still have to endure the weather.’ He looks up and down the streets, but there was not a single person in town. ‘This is going to be a long night for me. I better get going.’ He took off towards the exit of the town and the «Grasslands» are filled with idled monsters and there were a few parties attacking the gang of «Dire Wolves». He calls for his menu with the swipe of his index and middle finger going into a downward motion. He checks the quest log and Zackariah is asking to retrieve five «Red Herb» from the nearest field. ‘If I can reach the field without encountering a single monster, that would be great. I just hope I do not have to engage in combat with anything or anyone.’ He extends his right hand out to his side and his sword slowly materializes onto his hand. He then sprints towards an open field, running past several «Frenzy Boars».

Edited by Facade

Facade stopped in his tracks as several of «Frenzy Boars» were about to corner him, but a group of players initiated combat with them and he continued to run towards the field where the «Red Herbs» should spawn. He slides into one of the bushes and his eyes kept track on the «Frenzy Boars» that could attack him at any moment. ‘These things are just level one, yet I tremble whenever I see one. This is the effect of what happens when someone tells you it is a life or death game.’ He chuffed, as he reaches into the bushes to extract one of the many «Red Herbs». He kept his focus on trying to extract the material out of the bushes and heard a snap sound. ‘I don’t know whether I should be happy or not.’ As he pulls his hands out of the bushes, he held up at «Red Herb» and smiled. ‘That is easier than I thought. I thought I was going to fail the first try.’ He tossed the «Red Herb» up into the air and it vanishes into his inventory.

Spoiler

ID# 90947 results:

LD: 17

«Red Herbs» collected: 1/5

Edited by Facade

Facade felt the sense of accomplishment when he picked his first successful «Red Herbs», but the bush withered away and he had to find another bush to pick the «Red Herbs». He stood up, sheathing his sword onto his belt and kept his hand on the hilt of his weapon. ‘I need to be prepared just in case I get attacked.' He dashed off towards another bush that was empty and did not have any sign of any monsters lingering around. ‘The other party before still seemed to be occupied with another set of monsters, I should be fine, as long as I do not interrupt them.’ He slides towards the next bush and rolled up his sleeve and dug his hand into the bush. He wiggled his hand into the bush and felt the «Red Herbs» and slowly tried to snap it off the vine. He heard a snap and a smile grew on his face. He slowly took the «Red Herb» out of the brush, but it fell apart and shattered into thousands of polygons. ‘W-What just happened? It just disappeared out of my hands.’

Spoiler

ID# 90948 results:

LD: 6

«Red Herbs» collected: 1/5

Edited by Facade

The brush began to wither in front of his face and he tried to grab the brush, but it shatters into blue polygons. ‘Damn it.. I have to go find another one.’ He stands up, brushing off the dirt off his pants and glances around the area to see if there was any brushes. His eyes wander until he spots another brush, but it was deeper into the field where the «Frenzy Boars» are located. He took a deep breath and his eyes focused on the brush. Before he could take off towards the brush, the same old party ran towards the field and began engaging in combat with them. ‘W-What the hell? Nevermind..’ He sprints towards the brush and crouches behind it and stuck his arm through the brush. ‘I need to be careful, otherwise I am going to break the material I need again.’ He feels a snap and slowly brings the «Red Herb» out of the brush. It stayed in contact and his quest log updates, as he tosses the «Red Herb» into the air.

Spoiler

ID# 90950 results:

LD: 12

«Red Herbs» collected: 2/5

Edited by Facade

Facade slowly stands up and the group of players have already cleared the field for him to walk around free. The party seemed exhausted and all sat down on the grassy area. “We have been going at these boars for a long time, captain. We should rest up.” The two-handed axe player seemed to be exhausted and on the verge of passing out. The others seem to be exhausted as well, but their leader was filled with energy. “We can’t stop now! If we do, we will never be able to catch up to those KOB.” They all seemed to be refilled with energy and shouted at the top of their lungs and ran deeper towards the fields. ‘If they are willing to die, I can use them for cover as I pick the herbs.’ He sprinted right behind them, as they engaged into combat. He stuck his hand into the brush once again and heard a snap. ‘Nice. Another on-’ As he pulled the «Red Herb» out of the brush, it shattered in front of him.

Spoiler

ID# 90951 results:

LD: 10

Edited by Facade

Facade took a deep breath and sighed, before sprints towards the next brush. The other players finally exhausted, they slowly made their way back to the town. ‘Damn it.. Looks like I will have to fight any of the boars if they come attacking me.’ He spots another player trying to pick a brush not that far from where he is. He slides into the brush and quickly stuck his hands into them, trying to grab on the «Red Herb». There were «Frenzy Boars» gathering around the other player and he started panicking, as he was trying to pull out the «Red Herbs». He stopped midway and began running away from the «Frenzy Boars». ‘There is no way I am going to be a victim to one of these disgusting boars. I am going to kill them all if I have to.’ He was not paying attention to what he was doing and quickly pulled the «Red Herb» out. For a moment, it looked like he was able to take it out without causing it to break, but before he could take the «Red Herb», it vanished in front of him.

Spoiler

ID# 90953 results:

LD: 8

Edited by Facade

‘Is there even a point in trying to do this god damn quest..’ Facade stood up in frustration and glances at the open field. The «Frenzy Boars» are still idled, as he slowly creeped his way to the next brush. At a distance, there is the same player who ran away from the «Frenzy Boars» and came back with new armor. ‘Impressive.. It seems like he can try to take on the boars, while I finish this quest up.’ The player came running at towards the «Frenzy Boars» and engaged in combat. Meanwhile, Facade sprinted his way towards the next brush and slid near it. He took a deep breath and slowly reached into the brush and gently grabbed a part of the «Red Herb». ‘Okay.. I need to slow down.. If I pull it out too quickly, it will burst into a hundred diamonds again.’ He slowly pulls the «Red Herb» and it stayed in contact and he tossed the material into the air. ‘Another one in the bag! I just need two more and I will be finished in no time!’

Spoiler

ID# 90958 results:

LD: 16 (Success!)

«Red Herbs» collected: 3/5

Edited by Facade

Facade stood up with a smile on his face, as the brush below him bursts into thousands of diamonds. ‘I just need two more herbs and I should be able to finish this quest before the morning comes.’ He sprints out towards the field and sees that the player is fatigued. He stops dead in his tracks and grabbed the hilt of his sword. ‘If I fight the boars, I might die along with this player. I am not trying to go down. Not here. Not now.’ He shuts his eyes and suddenly a loud roar coming from behind him, there was the same party from before coming to save the poor player. ‘Hmm.. I guess I did not have to risk my life for that guy at all.’ He continues to run towards the next brush, but before he could grab the next «Red Herb» the brush bursts into polygons. There was a player already trying to take it and he took off the opposite direction. He chuffed, as he watches the player disappear over the horizon.

Spoiler

ID# 90959 results:

LD: 9 (Failure)

Edited by Facade

Facade scouts the entire field, but there was not a single brush in the area. ‘I guess when there are tons of players trying to grab the herbs, we are bound to run out. It just sucks that they do not respawn fast enough.’ He runs after the player that was picking the «Red Herbs» and as he made his way over the horizon, there was a ton of brushes ahead of him. ‘Now this is something I can get used to.’ He quickly sprints towards the brushes and slids next to them. Before he could stick his hands into the brush, it bursts once again. It was the same player from before. “Tch.. You keep getting in my way.” The player smirks and takes off sprinting deeper into the field. ‘There is no use chasing after him. I have nothing to gain and if I were to kill him, I would have an orange cursor over my head.’ Facade sighs, as he makes his way towards the next brush. ‘Let’s hope I can get the next one!’

Spoiler

ID# 90960 results:

LD: 8

Edited by Facade

Facade slowed his breath down, as he stuck his hands into the brush and felt the «Red Herbs». He slowly pulled his hands back towards him and the «Red Herb» appeared before him. His eyes glimmer as he tossed it into the air. A little notification pops up and his quest log updates. ‘One more to go. This is not as hard as I thought it would be.’ He gets up and brushes himself off. ‘I need to get to the next brush’ He glances up and most of the brushes have vanished. ‘How in the hell did he get them all?’ He sees the player with the biggest smirk on his face, as he dashes away. “D-Damn it..” He tried to scan the area for anymore brushes, but there were more players trying to take the herbs as well.

Spoiler

ID# 90961 results:

LD: 12 (Success!)

«Red Herbs» collected: 4/5

Edited by Facade

The night was slowly ending and he still had one more «Red Herb» to collect before finishing the quest. Facade took to the forest to see if he could find any brushes and there were a couple, but they were heavily guarded by a couple of «Frenzy Boars». ‘If I could get a quick distraction, that would be great..’ He turns back around to see the party still fighting the other «Frenzy Boars» outside of the forest. ‘I am going to have to sneak past these boars and try to focus on picking the herbs without them noticing.’ He begins sneaking towards the brush and crawls towards the brush and tried to grab the «Red Herb», but as soon as he touched the «Red Herb», it bursts into pieces. The «Frenzy Boars» looks towards Facade’s direction and he quickly got up and ran out the forest.

Spoiler

ID# 90962 results:

Edited by Facade

As Facade sprinted out of the forest, he looks back to see if any of the «Frenzy Boars» were chasing after him. There were no signs of the «Frenzy Boars», so he fell onto his back to catch his breath. ‘This is pretty exhausting.. Finding a way to pick the herbs easier would be nice. Right now I am just a level one trying to catch up to those that are way too higher level than me.’ He sat up and glances back at the fields behind him. There are a few more «Frenzy Boars» left on the field and Facade wanted to see if he could join their ranks, but he noticed that they were heavily equipped. ‘There is no way I can join up with these guys.’ He looks back to the forest and takes a deep breath and sighs. He enters the forest to see if any of the «Frenzy Boars» were around, but there were none. He quickly rushes over to the brush and attempts to grab one of the «Red Herbs», but he was so distracted by the fear of getting killed by a monster, he dropped the «Red Herb», causing it to burst into polygons.

Spoiler

ID# 90963 results:

Edited by Facade

Facade punched the floor, as the brush shattered in front of him. ‘This is pointless. I am never going to get anything done.’ He looks up to see the «Frenzy Boars» surround him and at this point, he is willing to fight through the horde of monsters this time. He extended his right hand to the side and materialize his starter weapon. “I am going to destroy everything that is in my wa-” Suddenly the party bursts through the forest engaging in combat with the «Frenzy Boars». He slipped away and out of the forest and the brushes were slowly spawning back. He began walking towards one of the brushes that were spawning in and waited till they fully materialized. As it finally materializes, he stuck his hand into the brush and attempted to grab the «Red Herb», but it suddenly explodes.

Spoiler

ID# 90964 results:

LD: 1 (Failure)

Edited by Facade

The polygons slowly fade away, as they hit the ground and Facade sits there in disbelief. ‘A-Are you kidding me? This is what I get? This has to be some sort of joke.’ He glances over the next brush and he slowly sits up. The party is still fighting off the other «Frenzy Boars» and he is still trying to finish up his quest. ‘I need to stay focused.. I am losing focus here.’ He walks over the the brush and slowly sticks his hands into the brush. His palms touched the base of the «Red Herb» and a smile grew on his face. ‘Okay.. I need to slow it down.’ As he pulls the «Red Herb» out, one of the «Frenzy Boars» tried to engage in a fight with him. He dropped the «Red Herb» and the polygons flashed in front of his eyes. ‘N-Not again..’ The «Frenzy Boars» grunts at him and he turns towards the «Frenzy Boars» with fury in his eyes.

Spoiler

ID# 90965 results:

LD: 1

Edited by Facade

A player with a two-handed axe smashes one of the «Frenzy Boars» over the head and Facade onto the ground. “Come on boy, do not just stare at the monster in the face. Attack them with power.” His accent was that of a Russian person. Facade stood up and brushed himself off. The huge Russian player, laughs it off and continues to fight with his party. ‘Seems like he is enjoying himself, but I need to move on. I can’t stop here.’ The moon is starting to set and there is one more brush that Facade could check before departing back into town. He rolls up his sleeve and sprints towards the brush and gently pushes his arms into the brush and caresses the «Red Herb» in the palm of his hand. He slowly brings his arms out and his quest log updates and he tosses the «Red Herb» in the air. “YES!” He shouts out of the top of his lungs. Facade sprints full speed all the way back into the «Town of Beginnings».

Facade rushes towards the cabin-like house and wraps his hand around the door knob. ‘I finally finished this god damn quest.’ He enters the house and the old man, Zackariah is still standing where he usually is. ‘Still creepy as ever.’ He walks over to him and swipes down for his inventory. “Ah.. Welcome back, adventurer! Did you retrieve the herbs that I have asked for?” Facade looks up at the NPC and sighs. The window appears before him and he hits the accept button.

Spoiler

ID# 90966 results:

LD: 12 (Success!)

«Red Herbs» collected: 5/5

Edited by Facade

Suddenly the five «Red Herbs» vanishes out of his inventory and appears on the counter in front of him. The sun slowly rising and shining through the window. ‘Now that I am finished, I should be able to lea-’ The quest log updates and Facade became confused and swipes his menu down. ‘W-What..? I thought I finished the quest already..’ Zackariah pulls out a couple of empty vials and sets them on the counter. “I have a task for you, adventurer! If you could, can you please craft me some potions?” Facade looks at the NPC with anger in his eyes. “Y-Yes..” He answers and the window did not appear this time. “Great! Now try to craft a potion for me.” His eyes twitch, as he is surprised that the voice command worked.

Edited by Facade