[SP - F1] «Earning a Living»

It seemed as if Facade had been walking around the forest for hours, but it has only been a few minutes. He had already put away his sword into his inventory, because the exhaustion is getting to him. 'There is no sign of these Dragon Roses anywhere.. It seems like I am the only one struggling with this quest. I am here to become an Alchemist, yet I am starting to lose my mind trying to finish the quest.' He continued to walk along the path, until he is met with a player who had a giant smile one his face. He pointed down the path and wanted to show Facade something, but had no words. He just kept pointing down the path and ran away. Facade was a bit creeped out, but there was no harm in checking it out. He turned to watch as the player sprinted down the path and he never turned back. Although he was creeped out by the player, there was no point for him to turn back either.

Spoiler

ID# 91144 results:

LD: 3 (Failure!)

«
Facade»
[HP] 80/80 | [DMG] 4 | [EN] 8/8

WC: 175

Edited by Simba
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facade continued on the path until he saw a brush and he quickly sprinted towards the brush and rolled his sleeve up. His eyes glimmer, as he slowly stuck his hand into the brush and pulled out the «Dragon Rose». He heard a snap, as he pulled the «Dragon Rose» out from the brush and a smile grew on his face. He placed his thumb and index finger against the «Dragon Petal» and tugged on it, pulling it out from the core. The «Dragon Rose» burst into a thousand polygons, leaving the «Dragon Petal» behind. The brush soon followed after the «Dragon Rose». His quest log updates and he tossed the «Dragon Petal» into the air and a smile grew widely. There was no better joy he could find after seeing his quest log update. His eyes glimmer at the sight of watching the log slowly fade away and he turned toward the exit of the forest.

Spoiler

ID# 91145 results:

LD: 19 (Success)

«
Facade»

«Dragon Petals»  collected 5/5.

WC: 157

Edited by Simba

Finally finding the last «Dragon Petal», Facade slowly made his way out of the forest, following the path back. His eyes shifting around the forest, keeping his guard up, as many monsters attacked him, when he finished picking up the «Dragon Petal». There were rustling in the back, but he chose to ignore it and continued on his path. There were the sound of players running around and he knew he was on the right track and he began sprinting along the path. 'If I keep going, I should be able to make it back to the Grassfields and I will be one step closer to the town. There is no need for me to stick around here for long!' Along the path, Facade opened up his menu with his index and middle finger, looking at his quest log, seeing that he had finally completed the first step in his quest. He no longer had to locate any more material and just had to turn it into the NPC.

Spoiler

ID# 91146 results:

LD: 6 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 169

Edited by Simba

The more Facade continued on the path, the more things looked different. He tried to mark trees, as he ran through the path, but he realized that the scenery does not change, if he altered any of the texture. The texture would revert back to normal if any aesthetic harm were done in the process of combat, so Facade had to rely on memory, as he ran through the same path over and over again. He would hear players, but he would test the time and would constantly hear the same thing. He stood for a moment at the same spot and tried to go through the forest and toward the sound. The sound would loop, but it would play long enough for someone to not notice it, but it always had the same conversation and the same time the birds would chirp. He found it odd, and continued to make his way through the forest, attempting to figure things out.

Spoiler

ID# 91147 results:

LD: 1 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 161

Edited by Simba

The longer Facade walked through the forest, the more he continued to see the same thing over and over again. He quickly sprinted straight toward the path again and this time ran the opposite direction. 'If I can loop back around toward the cross road, I should be able to get back to where I was and make my way back to the Town of Beginnings. If not, I might be stuck here for a while. I can't be stuck here. I might die to a Frenzy Boar or a Dire Wolf.' He slowly made his way back onto the path and walked along it, but made sure to remember the surrounding areas. Facade soon became suspicious of how things were, but he had no idea what was going on. He took the blade of his sword and attempted to slash at the tree in front of him and nothing happened.

Spoiler

ID# 91148 results:

«
Facade»

WC: 151

Edited by Simba

Facade slowly began to lose hope, as he felt like he spent hours on the path, but there was no sign of the crossroad anywhere. He stood still and swiped down for a menu and his eyes widen. 'T-The log out button. It is right there! It's back! I can get back home now. There is no way I am going to have to deal with this.. I don't want to be stuck in this game anymore!' He pressed the button, but nothing happened. He continued to spam the button and all of a sudden he woke up from the same tree he was before and he stared up at the leaves above him. Everything was still the way it was, before he woke up. His eyes slowly adjusted to the area around him, as he tried to focus on the tree in front of him. He slowly got up and glanced around the trees, before feeling the need to stretch out his arms and legs.

Spoiler

ID# 91149 results:

LD: 2 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 166

Edited by Simba

Facade took a deep breath and sighed. He checked the time and it has only been exactly an hour and thirty minutes, just like his dream, but this time he did not feel exhausted. He stretched out his arms and legs and followed the path to make it out of the forest. He checked to see if the 'logout' button was there, but it wasn't. He swiped away the menu and continued to watch out for any suspecting monsters that would attack him, if he were not paying attention and he was just laying alone in the forest, he could have been killed as well. He checked for the map to see if he was close to the exit, but it would take him quite a while before he could get back. He checked to see if there were any way he could take a shortcut to the exit, but there was no way he would beat the time, unless he ran, but he had no energy left.

Spoiler

ID# 91151 results:

«
Facade»

WC: 168

Edited by Simba

Facade slowly made his way back, but the exit was covered with monsters, as if they were guarding the exit. 'What if I just walk through these brushes and make my way out of this mess? I bet they did not think about that.' He slowly creeped into the brushes, not trying to make much noise and get their attention, but every step he took, a branch would snap, or a leaf would crack. He would take small steps, before trying to make a long strut out of the forest. A couple of monsters would look at his direction, but he would stop moving as soon as they did. It was as if their detection skill were enhanced when he tried to be sneaky. Slowly taking his step one by one, but the branches were snapping and the monsters got closer to her. He took a knee preparing to sprint, but stopped and waited to see if they left.

Spoiler

ID# 91152 results:

LD: 10 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 159

Edited by Simba

As he got tired of waiting around, Facade made a run for it out of the forest and into the «Grasslands». He quickly turned around and fell onto the ground to see if there were any signs of monsters going after him, but there was no monsters at all. He took a deep breath and sighed, as he slowly laid on the ground, smelling the fresh air. Although virtual, everything he smelled was normal and he could just lay in the grass all day, but there were players who would be able to kill him, if he were to pass out in the open like that. He was still feeling tired, but with the thought of being slain by a player was not pleasant, he had to stay awake and the only way to keep himself awake, was to focus on the task at hand. He began to focus on the area around him until he heard footsteps approaching him.

Spoiler

ID# 91153 results:

LD: 11 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 160

Edited by Simba

A couple of players walked by him and looked at him, "Hey man, are you okay? You look a little exhausted. You should take this Teleporting Crystal, so you should be able to get back into town without having to worry about traveling far and getting lost. We don't need it, we grind all day for the Col and had some to spare, so you should be fine." The players took off running and Facade had an idea to head back inside the forest and locate another chest, but it was tricky, because he was not sure if he was going to be lucky enough to find a third chest. If he was able to locate another treasure chest, he might be able to sell the items he find and make more Col. He checked the path ahead of him and made sure there was no monsters around the area.

Spoiler

ID# 91154 results:

LD: 9 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 150

Edited by Simba

Facade slowly made his way toward the forest again, but this time he has a «Teleport Crystal». He began to look around the area, but there was no sign of the treasure chest anywhere. He took a deep breath and sighed, before checking the path on his map to see if he would get lost. Lucky for him, he did not have to get lost in the forest this time. He began to search for the treasure chest once again, but this time there was nothing. No shadowy figure or a random treasure chest in the middle of the path. 'If I go deeper, maybe I will be able to find it. I am going to see if I can find it, if not, I'll just head back with the teleport crystal.' He tapped his chin, as he attempted to figure a way deeper into the forest, even if it was dangerous.

Spoiler

ID# 91155 results:

«
Facade»

WC: 152

Edited by Simba

Walking through the forest, everything began to feel familiar to him. He knew his way around the forest now and he did not need to use the «Teleport Crystal» at all. His eyes shift toward any nook and cranny to see if there were any chest in sight, but there was rustling nearby the brushes. He turned toward the brush and walked closer, trying to examine what was in there. There was no sign of anything there, so he continued onto the path, but his motivation to do so was fading. He wanted to make sure that he could use the «Teleport Crystal» wisely and not waste it on something like getting cornered into the battlefield by a few «Frenzy Boars» and «Dire Wolves». His eyes shifted until he heard something come toward his direction and he readied his weapons. The sound of leaves cracking from a distance, as it got closer and closer and it could not have been a monster, as they range of detection is low.

Spoiler

ID# 91162 results:

«
Facade»

Edited by Simba

A player ran toward Simba's location and attempted to catch his breath. He stood up and pointed where he was running from. "There is a ton of monsters roaming that direction. If you want to stay alive, you should just run away from here. My party members abandoned me and used their teleport crystals. You should be careful, you don't seem that strong to be able to fight these monsters!" The player ran off, but Simba was not going to let a couple of monsters scare him away from finding the treasure chest. He began to sprint toward the direction and materialize his sword, preparing himself for the worse. The area around him began to change, but there was still nothing new and he could handle most of the monsters that he had spotted in the course of a few hours. He took a glance at a few of the scenery he had caught, but it was not much to look at, as he was doing his best to keep his guard up.

Spoiler

ID# 91212 results:

LD: 14 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 173

Edited by Simba

The path of the forest were fading away the longer he walked the forest and that is when the spawn rate of monsters became interesting. «Frenzy Boars» were seen walking around the trees and grunting and nearby entities, but there were «Dire Wolves» howling at each other, as if they were talking to each other. His eyes squint, as he thought he saw something in the corner, as he sprinted over and swung his sword directly on top of the brush. The swing went through the brush and there was nothing on the other side. He took a deep breath and sighed, as he walked away. “I could have sworn there was something in there.. It would have been nice if I found a treasure chest.. I would have had more loot to bring back, but I would need more Col to identify the items and I sure as hell do not have any Col to spare on a lot of those.”

Spoiler

ID# 91213 results:

«
Facade»

WC: 162

Edited by Simba

Emerging from the brushes, Simba heard voices approaching his location. He hid behind the trunk of the tree and peeked out. 'Orange cursors..' He watched as they were in a party. The players were shady, they were hiding among the shadows and they all had two-handed weapons, but there was nothing Simba could have done. He slowly made small steps and stepped on top of a branch, causing it to snap. The three hooded figures quickly turned toward his direction and he smiled at them, before sprinting away from them. 'I screwed up.. I gotta get out of here!' He ran through the forest, jumping over bushes and dash vaulted over a log. His eyes shifting left and right to see if there were any monsters coming from him. There were no signs of the monsters anywhere, but when he looked back, the player killers were still running after him.

Spoiler

ID# 91216 results:

«
Facade»

WC: 150

Edited by Simba

Simba made his way out of the forest and landed on his back as he leaped out. The three hooded figures stopped at the end of the forest and had a grin on their face. They slowly backed away into the forest and vanished. Some players came over to Simba.They lifted him up and stared over at the same location the player killers faded. "Who were those guys? D-Did they have orange cursors over their heads?" Simba got up and brushed the dirt off his clothes and sighed. "They are player killers.. We need to be careful about crossing those guys, but what are they doing here?" The players who helped them up opened their menu and showed the map and pointed at the location where Simba was. "They seemed to have been hunting for treasure chests around that area and there was rumor going on that there was a group of players killing people who were hunting treasure chests."

Spoiler

ID# 91219 results:

LD: 3 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 161

Edited by Simba

Simba took a deep breath and sighed and took a step back and glared into the forest. There were no signs of the player killers anywhere and the other players seem to be relaxed, as if they seen these people before. This was Simba's first interaction with player killers and they were aggressive straight off the bat. “Thank you for all the help you could have provided me, but I am going to make my way back into town. I am not going to go through the trouble of having to fight those guys, if that is what they are planning to do.” Simba shook their hands and made his way back toward the town gate. The town guards were still guarding the area and he nodded his head before rushing back into the town. ‘I can’t risk going back out there. I am going to focus on just finishing quests, there is no point in trying to get myself killed just trying to look for a treasure chest.’

Spoiler

ID# 91221 results:

LD: 2 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

Edited by Simba

Simba made his way toward the local alchemy shop and saw smoke coming from the chimney and the door was closed. He knocked on the door before stepping foot into the workshop and his eyes immediately went over toward the alchemist. "Ah, I see you have returned with the materials I have asked you to fetch for me. If you could so kindly place it down over at the corner for me. I will be right with you." The Alchemist slowly went back to brewing on his brewing stand and Simba slowly made his way toward the counter and suddenly the «Dragon Petals» appeared on the counter out of nowhere. The Alchemist turned around and made his way toward the back of the counter and began to examine the material Simba had brought back. He took out a magnifying class and began to examine each and everyone of the material on the table before putting it down and taking a deep breath and sighing.

WC: 164

Edited by Simba

The Alchemist pulled a brewing stand from below the counter and placed it near the «Dragon Petals»  and looked over at Simba. "I am going to need you to brew me a potion. Do you think you can handle that?" Simba nodded and he left the counter and went back to brewing his potion, while Simba prepared to brew his own. He took one of the «Dragon Petals»  and placed it into the beaker of the vial and suddenly liquid appear in the vial. Suddenly it began to bubble and he kept swirling the vial around until it became a transparent red color. Immediately, the Alchemist began to make his way back to the counter and as he does so, Simba placed the vial back down with the happiest smile on his face. "I see you have done a great job at creating a potion, but do you think you can craft more? You have four more materials to use before throwing in the towel." Simba stared at the Alchemist with determination in his eyes.

Spoiler

ID# 91222 results:

LD: 16 (Success!)

«
Facade»

WC: 175

Edited by Simba

Simba took the vial from out of the Alchemist's hand and suddenly the content of the potion had disappeared and the 'Optional' log appeared in his quest journal, indicating that he did not have to accomplish it, but he wanted to be the best Alchemist out there and attempted to continue brewing. He took one of the «Dragon Petals»  and dropped it into the vial, waiting for the liquid to slowly fill in. He attempted to swirl the vial, but it suddenly went into flames and the «Dragon Petal» vanished from the vial. He slowly placed it down on the counter and the Alchemist examined the vial. "It seems like you made this material unsalvageable. But you still have three more to go. Would you like to try it out?" Simba glanced down at the counter to see that he only had three «Dragon Petals» left and if he failed again, his determination might fade away.

Spoiler

ID# 91223 results:

LD: 1 (Failure!)

«
Facade»

WC: 156

Edited by Simba