[PP-F8] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Double Trouble

Having acquired one of Jomei's songs earlier in the day, Telrenya had just moved her avatar from the teleport gate in Taft to the one in Florenthia. On the forested eighth floor, the blonde made her way in the direction of another guildmate's shop. It was a hunch, but she wasn't sure whether or not Ruby's alchemy would be of much use when it came to boosting her luck. The quest to obtain a familiar already sat in her list of objectives, marked with an 'In Progress' tag and detailing what she needed in order to tame a creature from the wild.

Working her way towards the Little Witch's shop, Telrenya gave a quick knock on the heavy oaken door. "Ruby, it's me!" She called after dropping her arm and pulling her hands behind her back. With the somewhat-reclusive woman running a shop outside of the safe zone, announcing her presence seemed like a not-so-bad idea while rocked back and forth on her heels.

@Ruby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruby had yawned, it was pretty late at least for normal peoples standards, she was still in her nightgown as she had heard a knocking on her door, she heard it was Telrenya. Ruby had let out a groan and got out of bed. She had stretched her arms upwards and wiped her eye a bit as she walked downstairs to the door. She had opened the door still wiping her eye and said "Geez Tel, why do you have to come see me at such a early time..." she had yawned and stepped back inside and said to Tel "Come on in Tellybaby, close the door on your way in." she had opened the door to a living room type area and took a seat at her table on one of the chairs and looked to Telrenya offering her a seat "Come on take a seat, don't be a stranger seeing their friend for the first time. What'cha coming to me at this time of the day Telly?" she had asked unaware of what time it actually is.

@Telrenya

Telrenya's expression brightened once the door swung open, but her brows soon came together with a small smile as she saw how tired the blonde alchemist looked, as if she had just woken up. She laughed when Ruby expressed her concern for the time, and as she accepted the invitation inside and carefully shut the door behind her. "Ruby, it's past noon." She playfully scolded the woman, following her lead and taking a seat opposite her in the small living space. Ruby prompted the reason for the visit, and so Telrenya played with her fingers in her lap as she got right to the point. "Weeeell, I was actually thinking of trying to get a familiar." She said with a nervous smile. "I've been warming up to Adere, so maybe if it's not like something I can't get along with I thought it might be worth a shot." She chuckled at the explanation, giving a quick shake of her head to direct herself back on track. "Anyway, I don't know much about alchemy, but I was wondering if you had anything that might boost luck, since I think the taming process is mostly up to chance."

Ruby's eyes had opened a bit in response to saying it was past noon, however Ruby had shrugged it off and said to her pointing and wagging her finger at Telrenya "It's morning to me okay." she had let out a giggle. Eventually Telrenya had said out that she was trying to get a familiar, Ruby had gotten a sour look on her face just mentioning the term familiar, she had said she was getting along with Adere: Jomei's familiar and she had thought that maybe getting a familiar would hopefully have Adere open up to her, and basically she was a alchemist and wondered if she could help. Ruby had chuckled as she had opened her inventory "Well... I haven't been able to make anything worth while yet, I still have one item you can use though." she had gotten out the item "Def. Not Fruit Punch" from her inventory and placed it in front of her offering it to Telrenya "Go ahead, drink it, I'm not gonna try to get a familiar anytime soon, if its impossible for me to find it with search and detect and my stones, i doubt this bonus will make it any better." she smiled.

@Telrenya

-1 Def. Not Fruit Punch (+3 LD)

"Hm?" Telrenya watched with curiosity when Ruby summoned an item from her inventory, materializing and placing a glass filled with a bright red liquid on the table between them. "Aww, I'm sorry Ruby." She frowned at the defeated tone in the woman's voice when she spoke about the impossibility of finding her own familiar. Telrenya had to wonder if maybe she had attempted the quest before and it hadn't gone so well for the blonde healer. She reached hesitantly for the drink in front of her, almost feeling a touch of guilt for accepting the offer, despite being the one to seek it out. "Well, if you're sure you don't want it anymore... I'll be sure to get some materials while I'm out to pay you back for it." She smiled, hoping the trade might make Ruby feel a bit better about the ordeal. As she pulled the drink closer to her chest and took a sip, she gave a thoughtful frown. "When you put it that way, though, I hope I'm not getting in over my head." She mused in a small voice. The fruity flavor of the not-so-appropriately named item was strong, almost reminding her of the sickeningly sweet taste of juice boxes she might have had as a kid.

+1 Def. Not Fruit Punch (Consumed) (+3 LD for 1 thread)

Ruby had let out a giggle when Telrenya had said out that she was sorry, she had waved a hand in Telrenya's direction and said to her "No no don't be sorry, its just Familiars are just not in my mind at the moment, I have other things I should be worrying about." she looked towards Tel as she then went on saying that she'll be sure to pay back for it, Ruby had let out another giggle and said "If that makes you feel better." she offered with a smile, she had eventually taken a sip of it before saying another statement, Ruby had just exclaimed it "Just drink it already." Eventually she had drank it, Ruby had opened in her inventory once again and said looking to Tel "Well Telly, since you are going out trying to find a familiar, seems like you'll need an item to help you out." she reached into her inventory and pulled out a item that Birdie that had gave to her and placed it in front of her "Now I am not letting you keep this, it was a gift from a friend, it'll help you find a familiar. However, if you don't return it to me, ill come find you." she had said with a giggle.

@Telrenya

Giving Telrenya: Finding Stone [T1 Trinket] - Loot Die III

"Hmm?" Another hum as she finished the glass of fruit punch, setting the empty container on the table before it's form faltered and it broke into shards of light as an item drained of its durability. Ruby pulled yet another something from her inventory, presenting her an item that she was intended to carry with her this time. Her eyes widened slightly before lighting up, and she gingerly reached out to take the stone in her hand. "Ahh, Ruby I really owe you one for this! I'll bring it back safe and sound, I promise." Her smile was wide and bright.

A few minutes later, the two women finished their chat and Telrenya waved over her shoulder while she exited the alchemy shop. "Thanks again! I'll be back later!" She called, carefully closing the oak door behind her. With a tiny giggle, the blonde set out towards the surrounding forest. When she was out of sight of Ruby's shop, Telrenya opened up her inventory. She worked quickly to change her equipment, dismissing the white-and-gold regalia for the familiar set of light armor. Slipping the Finding Stone into a small pouch at her waist, she pulled her blonde hair back into a low ponytail and gave it a couple twirls around her index finger before pulling her hood up. With the finishing touch, she slid the silver mask over her face and retrieved one more item from her menus--the Call of the Wild song that Jomei had given her. She would wait to play the melody until she was farther out into the wilderness, but kept the diamond onyx-colored crystal in her palm while she dismissed her menus and started forward again.

Borrowing from Ruby: Finding Stone (Trinket) +3 LD

ID#: 92849 | LD: 2 (+6) = 8 - nothing

Edited by Telrenya

Invious didn't dare to enter the wilderness on her own normally, however today she was just going to stay on the trail and stay light on her feet just in case if something were to come up to her, however in the middle of her exploration she had seen a blonde haired player with a regal outfit upon further inspection this had looked exactly like Telrenya from her store and not only her store but the first lesson as she had remembered, however this player had switched outfits to what she knew as "Erin". In a bit of a shock Invi had stood there calculating what to do, however, she knew she didn't want to let this go by. She had calmly walked up behind her and gave her a few taps on the shoulder "Hey there, you uh didn't want to find someplace any more private..." she took a moment to pause and exclaim out to her "...Telrenya." she had let out a small giggle afterwards.

@Telrenya

Telrenya gave a small shake of her hands in front of her, still holding the recording crystal in her left as she readied herself to head farther out into the thick forest. Before she had taken a single step forward, the feeling of tapping on her shoulder gave her a start, causing the woman to whip around with half a step back from whoever had approached her. With a quickened heartbeat, her shoulders dropped slightly when she set her sights on a set of ivory and lavender robes that she recognized: it was the woman she had met in the deserts of the fifth floor. "O-oh, Invious," She stammered when she recalled the masked woman's name. The words that Invious spoke, however, caused Telrenya's eyes to widen behind her own mask.

Had she seen her changing clothes? It sounded that way, but that wasn't the issue. "H-how do you know my username?" This time she stammered not because she was startled from the woman's presence, but because of the panic that flared inside of her. She took another step back, her eyes searching for answers she wouldn't find from Invious' hidden features.

ID#: 92850 | LD: 14 (+6) = 20 - +1 material [1 total]

Edited by Telrenya

Invi had let out a small chuckle as she had exclaimed out, she clearly was pretty nervous. However she had then asked out how did she knew her username. She had let out a small chuckle, she knew a detail she needed to leave behind to answer her, however she looked at her mask and said to her "Remember? We did the first lesson together." she did a twirl showing off her clothing and she faced her "Sure we never came around to finishing the last three, simply I just had other things to tend to. Like my store for example." she looked over to the trees and said "However, I put more of a focus on my store simply for a few reasons. A couple I wish to not talk about however, one I can tell you is simply I don't wish to die alone. And I worry progression will trick me into killing myself in a way." she turned back to Telrenya and said "Why are you disguised Tel? Taking on a new name thats not your own?"

@Telrenya

Invious' amusement at her reaction only served to perplex Telrenya further. It wasn't malicious laughter, just...playful. Her brows were still narrowed, eyes still searching the woman across from her for some sort of explanation until she finally offered one. She looked over Invious' robes as she spun around, wracking her brain for earlier memories. 'First lesson...' Her mind echoed, thinking back to the first few quests she had tried to tackle in this game so long ago.

"Aahh!" Telrenya couldn't suppress the small cry or recognition when her memory of the masked woman finally resurfaced. A gloved hand flew up to her mouth where it met the smooth surface resting in front of it instead, though the gesture continued regardless as she clamped a palm over the space where her mouth would be. The short explanation she offered as to her whereabouts since their first meeting were lost on her. The vague bits of information she provided didn't make sense to her, and her head was preoccupied besides.

But then the conversation was turned back to her. Invious called her 'Tel', and it was then that she realized she was the first one to call her by that shortened name. The tension in her muscles slowly drained, but her anxiety persisted as Invious presented her with questions that she hadn't expected to need to answer anytime soon. "O-oh, uhh... It's a long story." She started vaguely. Though it didn't show to the woman across from her, Telrenya's chocolate eyes darted past Invious, in the direction that she had come from where Ruby's shop lay. "I-I'm not doing it for anything bad," She turned her attention back to the conversation, feeling the need to defend herself against any suspicion Invious might hold against her. "I'll...try to explain a little bit. I was going to head further into the forest, do you mind if we walk and talk?"

ID#: 92851 | LD: 20 (+6) = 26 - +1 material [2 total]

Edited by Telrenya

Invious had let out another giggle as she had cried out, she had raised a hand up to her mouth to essentially stopping from letting a laugh come out of her mouth. Eventually her posture had gotten a little poor and she had talked out very vague. She did confirm it wasn't for anything bad which had put a sigh of relief in Invi's heart and mind, and she'll try to explain it as they walked. Invious had bowed and said to her "I would love to walk and talk with you Tel. Also you don't need to wear the mask, I am sure we're not going to find anyone deep in the forest." she had said with a calm and warming voice trying to make Telrenya feel as comfortable as she possibly could. She didn't want her to feel any unease from this, in fact she wanted to know to gain more respect for the woman, because to hide yourself away from many people is actually very respectable to Invi's eyes.

@Telrenya

Behind the expressionless mask, Telrenya still felt troubled. Invious' calm voice and reassuring words were appreciated, and all she could do was try to trust the mysterious woman. Hopefully she had her own reasons for hiding her face and might be understanding of Telrenya's secrecy. She led the way, heading off into the forest in the opposite direction of Ruby's shop and the main settlement. She gave a moment of thought when Invious mentioned the silver mask over her features before giving a light shake of her head. "I like wearing it." Hoping that the robed woman wouldn't mind her decision to keep her disguised appearance, Telrenya opened her left hand in front of her and gave the recording crystal a tap to activate it. The item came to life in her hand, and the soothing sound of Jomei's lute soon reached her ears. Though the music was intended for drawing the attention of tamable animals, the light-hearted sound did well to calm Telrenya's lingering nerves.

"...I want to level up without my friends knowing." She started plainly after a pause, not wanting the unanswered topic to linger. "That's...really all there is to it." She said with a shrug, unable to find any other explanation for her motives to offer Invious. "I know they would go out of their way to protect me, so this is my way of fighting by their side without troubling them."

Used Call of the Wild - +1 LD for familiar searches

ID#: 92852 | LD: 12 (+6) = 18 - +1 material [3 total]

Edited by Telrenya

Invi had nodded her head when she had replied with that she had liked to wear it, with a chuckle she had said out to her "That's on you, I just figured you'd want to be a little more free." she offered her a smile before looking forward. Eventually they had walked forward, and Tel had played a song, Invious had wondered why she was playing that music, however she remembered familiar call was a thing making it easier to find a familiar. Eventually Tel had began to speak out and she had basically said that she didn't want any of her friends knowing that she was leveling up, Invi had waited for her to finish and said to her "But... why? If you didn't want to trouble them or anything you could have just leveled normally being yourself. You don'y have to trouble yourself and hiding behind a mask for that sort of reason Tel."

@Telrenya

Telrenya continued facing forward with the recording crystal playing the soft melody of the lute in her palm. Invious' words nearly caused her to stop in her tracks, but she kept moving at a steady pace, taking a moment to think before responding. "How... Why would you think I'm causing them trouble? The whole point was to avoid causing them trouble by not letting them worry so much about my safety..." She trailed off, trying to keep the feeling of disappointment from coming through in her voice.

Moments later, Telrenya's eyes snapped to attention, focusing on the empty air next to the thick bark of a tall tree. Just moments prior, the tiny form of a forest spirit had hovered in place beside the foliage, its tiny white eyes staring at the pair of players around a wispy, blue body. Before either of them would have been able to set their gazes on it, however, it would vanish instantly, disappearing from view. 'I could have sworn...' She studied the space as they grew closer, eventually passing by the tall oak without anything amiss.

ID#: 92694 | LD: 8 (+7) = 15 - no :c

Edited by Telrenya

Invious had chuckled a bit after hearing her response to her question and or statement, Invi had placed the tips of her fingers together and she had said to them "Well, what do you tell them when they ask you what you are doing. Don't you think they would eventually get concerned if you continuously tell them "Not Much" or "I haven't really been doing anything"?" she looked forward and up into the sky "You can train and not keep it a secret, however the result remains the same. However, the only thing you add by doing this is a element of what I will use lightly "surprise" and concern upon your fellow guild mates. They want you to grow stronger, however if you display your skills unmasked things become fishy." she looked back to Tel and said "Wouldn't you think?" she gave her a smile giving her full opinions on the matter. 

@Telrenya

"Well..." Telrenya frowned behind her mask. She felt a ball of anxiety twisting around in her stomach with the pressure to explain herself to someone she still considered a near-stranger. 'Why do I seem to get caught up in stuff like this with the people I don't even know lately...' She mentally complained with an inward sigh. "I don't act like I'm just doing nothing..." She mumbled in discomfort, bringing a gloved hand up to slip past the inside of her hood and graze across the back of her neck. "I get what you mean... I know it could get messy and it's probably not the best or the smartest way to go about things..." She admitted, the light crunching of leaves and snapping of small twigs sounding underneath the weight of her boots. "Maybe it's more selfish than anything." She said in a small voice with a shrug of her shoulders.

ID#: 92853 | LD: 16 (+6) = 22 - +1 material [4 total]

Edited by Telrenya

Judging from Tel's tone when she had replied to her, she was a little upset, and a little anxious. Invi had looked over and her smile had shifted to a grin as she had responded with that she doesn't act like she is doing nothing, however she had got what she had meant. Then had said that it might be more selfish than anything Telrenya had looked forward and said "Well, it just seems you are over thinking things when it comes to training yourself. To me no one had to resort to hiding themselves to train in secret. However, I suppose people can be different. My reasons for hiding behind this mask may seem selfish, however..." she had looked down and shook her head "Ah its nothing, how long ago did you start hiding yourself from reality? Its hard to hide yourself for any reason at all. And as a person I respect you highly because of it." she said out to her with a smile, looking towards her again.

@Telrenya

Telrenya cocked a brow behind her mask, wanting for a moment to question what made Invious different in her opinion that 'no one' had to hide themselves. She held her tongue, however, coming up with possible answers before airing the thought. 'Didn't she say she just went out to explore and get away from her shop? I guess our circumstances are pretty different...'

Still fighting back a few lingering nerves, Telrenya allowed the soft sounds of the lute to soothe her while Invious presented her with yet another question. She gave it a moment of thought, trying to recall exactly when she had started taking up her disguise. Aereth was the one she had received the set of light armor from, and with their meeting being shortly before the twenty-first boss fight took place. "About a month and a half, I think." She answered. "That's about when I got this armor and started questing a bit more."

ID#: 93349 | LD: 11 (+6) = 17 - +1 material [5 total]

• 2 weeks later...

Aria had looked around the area, simply this world amazed her in many ways, she had spent countless days, weeks, months just... exploring the world rather than leveling up or becoming a part of the community, and instead simply just enjoying the scenery that was around the world... first was the plains and bizarre landscaping of the first floor to the desert wastelands of the fifth floor, even to the beloved snowy floor of 4. She cracked a smile as she walked down the paths with her hands behind her back. She was purely at bliss just being able to see and enjoy the scenery. Eventually she had walked in the lush forest and eventually saw a pair of masked figures, immediately she had attempted to hide behind a tree from them placing a hand on her chest. She wasn't afraid of fighting however, she was scared of facing the unknown. And seeing masked figures truly was alarming and made her feel uneasy.

@Telrenya