[PP-F8] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Double Trouble

The pair of masked players continued speaking for a short time until Invious made mention of taking her leave. Assuming that the woman had business to attend to--as her mystery shop always seemed to be at the forefront of her thoughts--Telrenya bit her a simple farewell. Once Invious was out of eye- and earshot, the blonde let out a small sigh, feeling a bit of relief to be alone again. "Well, that'll teach me to be more careful..." She mumbled under her breath.

Hovering over her open palm, the sound of Jomei's lute continued to fill the air around her. Telrenya stopped her pace, taking a moment to examine the forest and the unclear path she had been forging. "I could've sworn I saw something earlier..." She whispered. Her eyes scanned the trees behind her mask, trying to spot another instance of whatever faint light it was she thought she had seen. After a few moments, she caught sight the a bright blonde ponytail of a girl peeking out from behind the thick bark of a tall tree. Telrenya tensed for a moment, turning to hesitantly face the girl in the distance so as to indicate that she was aware of her presence. "U-uhh..." She stuttered, unsure of how to address the stranger. "Err, who are you?"

ID#: 93350 | LD: 5 (+6) = 11 - nothing [5 total]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aria had hid behind a tree as she had spotted a pair of masked figures also exploring the the forest, looking over trying to be stealthy she had looked to see that a woman had left the scene, which had placed a smile upon her face calming her down, however one was still present, she had worn a cloak that was dark as night and wearing a mask which she could only describe as "transformer" like. However she had heard a whisper, she didn't exactly hear what she had said, however she could only imagine bad things. However she had peeked out again, however this time she had caught her. "Shoot." she had said to herself with a angered look. However her angered look had turned to worry as she had exclaimed out who she was. Aria stepping out with her Ocean Breeze outfit on and a hand on her Rapier she had bowed before her and said "I am sorry, I am just exploring the area and enjoying the beauty that is this game is all. My name is Aria." she said then with a bow.

@Telrenya

"Oh..." Telrenya breathed out, the tension in her shoulders lessening when the girl stepped forward and offered her a bow and a name in greeting. "Oh right, I'm Erin." She remembered her manners, bowing her head in return. "Sorry, I just didn't expect to run into anyone else out here." She let out a nervous chuckle. First the robed Invious had shown up to surprise her, and now she happened to run into a girl who claimed to be exploring the forest. Her chocolate eyes ran over the blonde behind her mask, noting that her gear seemed rather basic. Even so, it wasn't her place to pry. If the girl was up here by herself, she must be able to handle herself, Telrenya thought.

"Oh," The word always seemed to be the first thing out of her mouth when a thought came to mind. "Sorry, before I go, I thought I saw something in the forest earlier. I'm out here looking for a familiar, but I could have sworn I saw something like a blue light near the trees. I'm not sure if it was a monster, or just my eyes playing tricks on me. Have you seen anything like that while you've been out here?" She shifted her weight while her free hand pulled up to the nape of her neck behind her hood, realizing how crazy her words must sound to a stranger. "Err, sorry, that sounds pretty weird saying it out loud..."

ID#: 93351 | LD: 20 (+6) = 26 - +1 material [6 total]

Aria had introduced herself, and shortly after the masked woman had spoke out saying her name was Erin and shortly after had bowed her head in return, then stating out with a nervous chuckle that she didn't expect to run into anyone else out here. Aria had gained a little suspicious as she had spoke out nervously, however she didn't think too much on it. Aria had said out with a smile saying "It's a pleasure to meet you on a beautiful day like this Erin." then she had tilted her head as she had exclaimed out and saying that she was looking for a familiar, but she could have sworn to see a somewhat blue light in the trees and she had asked if she had seen anything like that and saying sorry that it sounds pretty weird. Aria had shook her head and said "No no, its not weird at all in this world Erin. You must be looking for a Wisp, they are actually deeper in the center of the forest, do you wish me to show you?" she asked kindly "Don't worry i'm rather friendly, I don't bite."

@Telrenya

Telrenya perked up, blinking in surprise when Aria gave a name to what she could only describe as a strange, disappearing light. "A Wisp?" She echoed, curious and intrigued as to what kind of creature had such a name. Aria had offered to lead her to where she might find them deeper in the forest, and so Telrenya gave an eager nod of acceptance. "Yeah, please! That would be great." Her voice easily carried the smile that she wore.

With the other blonde leading the way, Telrenya focused her attention on her footing as they trekked farther into the dense forest. "So," She started as her curiosity wouldn't allow her to continue along in still silence. She paused to step over the large, gnarled roots of a tall tree that protruded from the ground. "Do you know what a Wisp is like? I'm not too good with fantasy creatures and stuff like that." She admitted

ID#: 93352 | LD: 5 (+6) = 11 - nothing [6 total]

Aria had offered to show her towards the center of the forest to show her where wisp's were, and Erin had nodded her head in acceptance and even asked politely. Aria had smiled as she had turned away from her... maybe she was wrong to assume she was a bad person to begin with. "Come on, the center should be down here." she had said as she began to walk forward removing her hand from the hilt of her rapier. Eventually Erin had broke the silence, with a hum Aria had looked over to the masked figure as she had asked if she knew what a wisp is like. Aria had chuckled and said "Well, I haven't been able to see one even in the real world until now, I've only heard tales and read stories about them. They range from a variety of colors, blue being the most common, and they look like floating fire ghosts, however some have spooky natures, some have aggressive natures, and some are even cute and adorable from what i've heard." she had explained out to her.

@Telrenya

'Even in the real world?' Her mind repeated with curiosity. She listened carefully to the rest of Aria's explanation, frowning in thought as she tried to imagine the creatures with what she had been told and the fuzzy memory of the glimpse she had caught earlier when Invious had traveled beside her. Her free hand moved from the nape of her neck to the thin metal hovering in front of her chin. She rested a knuckle over it, giving a couple of light taps as she thought. "That's interesting, though... I wonder what kind of stats they might have, and if one might make a good familiar." She wondered out loud, giving a soft chuckle. "I didn't really have a specific idea on a type of creature, so that Wisp was the first thing to catch my attention. Guess I just got really curious and wanted to check it out." She admitted.

ID#: 93353 | LD: 15 (+6) = 21 - +1 material [7 total]

Aria had looked back forward after explaining to her about Wisp's and continued to walk forward looking from side to side making sure that nothing was going to pop out and try to attack Aria. Eventually she had said out that it was interesting and she wondered what kind of stats it might have. Aria had shrugged a bit "Well, your guess is as good as mine, ive never fought one, nor have heard anything about them having stats. For all I know they could be weak enough to die by simply touching them." eventually she had spoke out and said that she didn't have a specific idea on a type of creature she wanted to find, however the Wisp was the first thing that caught her attention and just got curious and wanted to check it out. Aria had chuckled "Well seeing them in the center of the forest is quite the site to see if you ask me. However if you ask me any site, I would say all of them would look beautiful, at least everything here is beautiful to me."

@Telrenya

"Mm, yeah, I agree."  Telrenya spoke softly with a smile when the girl focused on the beauty of the world. "Actually, I can see why you might just want to come out to these places to explore." She said with a small chuckle, almost regretting how she had thought it a bit strange that the girl would be traversing the forest alone earlier. "It can be a bit dangerous, but it's usually worth it."

She thought for a moment, curiosity once again getting the better of her. "What do you think is the best place you've found so far?" She asked with a newfound enthusiasm. Aria seemed like a nice girl, and despite circumstances being a bit unfavorable for their meeting, Telrenya thought her company was pleasant thus far. At least, conversation with the shorter blonde was a bit less intimidating than her chat with Invious earlier--less personal questions, and more genuine wonder for the world around them.

ID#: 93378 | LD: 2 (+6) = 8 - nothing [7 total]

Aria had smiled, it made her happy that more than one person other than herself found everything to see here in this world to be beautiful. She had said out that she could see why Aria might want to come out to these places to explore, letting out a small chuckle and said that it could be a bit dangerous but usually worth it. Aria had chuckled and looked to Erin with a small smile "Despite how dangerous it could be, I want to see everything there it to see in this world as I wont be able to see the beauty of our real one." she looked forward and before she knew it Erin had asked her another question: asking what the best place she had been to this far. Aria had looked up and let out a small chuckle "I can only answer that question with a rather smart ass answer. And I would tell you Aincrad." she giggled she looked back to Erin and said "I apologize, I should not have left a important detail about me and to understand why I am giving you that answer." she giggled and tilted her head to the side and said "In the real world I am completely blind. Everything is blurry to me in the real world. However here..." she smiled as they made it to the center of the forest with a giant tree plastered in the center as Wisp's could be found flying from place to place "I can truly see how beautiful a world can be."

@Telrenya

Telrenya's head tilted to the side at her initial words, a touch of confusion causing her brows to turn upwards. Her mouth opened, about to jokingly complain when Aria left her answer at a simple one--claiming the entirety of Aincrad as the best place she had seen thus far. She held her tongue, however, as the blonde continued on to explain herself. Her chocolate-brown eyes widened slightly upon hearing of the girl's blindness in the real world. She almost hadn't registered the soft glow of the Wisps that hovered in the clearing around them as she watched Aria move excitedly towards the center and express the joy that the world gave her. "Right... Since they're projections..." She mumbled under her breath beneath the mask, realizing just how the virtual reality game was capable of giving her some sense of sight.

The smile that she took on held a hint of sadness, with a mixture of emotions swirling inside of her in reaction: sympathy and shared joy at the forefront. "Aria..." She said in a tiny voice. "I'm sorry to hear that... But I suppose it's nice to be able to have a place like this. I'm glad you're able to enjoy it, in your own way."

ID#: 93379 | LD: 4 (+7) = 11 - not whaT I WANTED

Aria had chuckled as she face the center of the forest seeing Wisp's moving back to back, it was a sight to see, its not every day you could be able to see something like this. Aria had looked back when she had said that she was sorry to hear about her blindness and she suppose its a nice to able to have a place like this and enjoy it in her own way. Aria had looked back forward "There is no need to apologize. This place should be enjoyed by everyone despite the situation we are all in, sure you are fighting to make it back to the world we are all associated with. However, we are in Aincrad right now, we are alive in a world. Don't you suppose we have to enjoy it like it was a world we've lived in all of our lives?" she looked back to Erin and back to the center of the forest "Besides, I am sure we will never be able to see something like this, not just me. I have never heard of a place in the real world where it would look like this." she chuckled.

@Telrenya

Aria's positive attitude was just infectious enough to drain the sadness from Telrenya's smile and lessen the sense of pity she held for the girl. She nodded in agreement, finally pulling her eyes away from the blonde and trailing them over the scene around her. At least a dozen small spirits of slightly varying shapes and sizes hovered around them, floating weightlessly in the air with small, round, semi-transparent bodies and the soft glow of white or yellow eyes. "Yeah, you're right..." She said in a small voice, almost surprised at how much she was agreeing with Aria's points of view. Taking half a step closer to one of the passive monsters nearby, Telrenya let out a small chuckle. "And yeah, these guys are pretty cute." She reached a gloved hand out, carefully hovering closer to the Wisp who seemed unbothered by her presence. Hesitantly, she moved to brush her leather-clad fingers over the top of its ethereal head. Just as they were about to make contact with the little bobbing creature, however, its glow dimmed inward and the Wisp vanished in an instant.

ID#: 93434 | LD: 8+6=14 - no dungeon found

Aria had looked around and took a seat at a nearby tree stump and looked around enjoying nothing but the view, essentially becoming one with nature and enjoying how beautiful it could be. She had placed a hand up as a wisp had moved over to her, she had planned to touch the Wisp just to see how it would feel, however it had faded before she could actually touch it. Aria had tilted her head and said to Erin that had spoke out "They certainly are beautiful and lovable creatures, however its a shame I can't make contact with them." she had chuckled looking over the area and saw nothing but the trees, Wisps, and a plethora of other creatures. She had closed her eyes and smiled, she got to know what she had been missing out on in the real world as she couldn't see, she had opened her eyes and looked over to Erin and asked her "Well, you know that I am blind in the real world, how about yourself Erin, what are you in the real world?" she asked out to her.

@Telrenya

Telrenya's hand retracted out of instinct when the Wisp vanished into thin air, and she held it in front of her hand with eyes wide behind her mask. Had she hurt it? Was it dead? Seconds later, a soft blue light sparked to life in the same spot in front of her, and the Wisp reformed. It bobbed gently up and down, almost like a floating jellyfish, as if nothing had happened at all. With a tiny sigh of relief, Telrenya felt her attenion pulled away from the mysterious creature when Aria presented her with a question that caused her head to tilt a few centimeters to one side. "Hm?" She mumbled, unsure of how to fully understand the question, let alone answer it. "What am I?" She echoed, frowning at the wording of the question. "Well... I mean, I'm an art student. Does that count?" She chuckled lightly and continued to offer a bit of an explanation. "I mean, I went to an art school. I've always really liked art and music, so I thought about trying to make it more than just a hobby."

ID#: 93462 | LD: 7 (+6) = 13 - nothing [7 total]

Aria had looked over to Tel as she had responded out and she had felt like she had said it a little wrong, however she had said she was an art student and have really liked art and music and she had thought to make it more than just a hobby. Aria had smiled and stood up from the tree stump she had sat on and bowed before her "Pardon my bad language, it was a poor use of words." she had straightened her posture and said with a genuine smile and look "Even though I wouldn't be able to see any of your artwork, I am sure you make such beautiful work. And maybe one day you should share with me your music skills." she had giggled out. She had looked around in the forest as looked back to Erin and said "So... you play music? What kind of instruments do you play?" she had asked, she had felt a little bad from her poor use of words, she didn't want to make someone already annoyed with her. At least in a world like this anyways.

@Telrenya

Another sad smile. The realization that Aria wouldn't be able to see any of her paintings or other artworks in her real body didn't seem to bother the blonde much, and instead she made comment about music. Telrenya tried to shake off the lingering feelings of pity and sadness--she shouldn't be the one sulking for the other girl's circumstances when she herself was so cheerful. She took a few steps through the grove, being mindful not to touch any of the other Wisps that hovered around them. The smile that caused the corners of her mouth to curl was more more genuine, and she addressed Aria's question with hints of adoration and nostalgia. "I mainly play violin. Although I've been learning to play piano recently, too..." Her cheeks faintly flushed behind her mask as she thought to the occasional afternoons she spent with the Irishman in the music room, sitting beside him while he taught her different chords and the correct placement of her fingers.

ID#: 93609 | LD: 4 (+6) = 10 - nothing [7 total]

She had sat back down onto the tree stump to really appreciate the surroundings that they were at, she knew she would never be able to see something like this in the real world even if there was somewhere that looked shockingly like this area. She had smiled with the wind blowing in the air, opening her eyes she had seen the Wisp's that had hovered over them as they stayed in their presence, eventually Erin had spoke how saying that she had mostly played violin, however she had been learning how to play piano very recently. Aria had brought a hand up to her mouth as she had giggled out a little bit, she had opened her eyes and looked at her disguised self and said out to her "Such lovely instruments to play, maybe you should let me listen to a live performance sometime in the future." she had giggled out once more placing her hands on her lap as she had enjoyed the surroundings that were around them.

@Telrenya

Telrenya gave a small chuckle of her own. "That sounds nice. I'd be happy to give you one, if you'd like to listen." She almost continued to say that she could perform for Aria alongside her partner, thinking to the song they had worked together to compose and record. She stopped herself before the thought voiced itself, however. For now--perhaps indefinitely--Erin and Telrenya were two people who had nothing to do with each other. She took a moment to realize how many mistakes she had already made, how many pieces of these two lives had already crossed and gotten mixed together. If she wasn't more careful, it was only a matter of time before things would begin to unravel. The thought of it already had her feeling uneasy. She just nodded, repeating the sentiment. "Yeah, that sounds like fun." She walked through the grove with slow steps, working to slowly circle around the large tree that Aria sat beside in the center.

ID#: 93660 | LD: 3 (+6) = 9 - nothing [7 total]

Aria had looked to Erin as she had said out that it sounds nice, and she wouldn't be happy to give her one if she would like to listen, she had smiled towards Erin and bowed before her "I would love to hear some of your music, a concert if you will..." she had giggled. She had stood up and sent a friend request towards the player in front of her bowing again, she had said still bowing before her saying "Please accept my friend request Erin, I would love to stay in contact with you. As well..." she had straightened herself blushing "...my first person on my friends list. You could say I spent too much time seeing everything to see rather than talking to people and doing things." she had let out a nervous chuckle. Afterwards she had looked back to the environment just to enjoy the world once more, she had tilted her head and close her eyes smiling wider, she had truly felt alive despite being blind in the real world.

@Telrenya