[PP - F1] The Beginning - Day One

Nov. 6th - 13:00 JST

"Is everything prepared?" Aria's father had asked out to one of his servants that had been in the room.

"Yes master... her account should be made, and she should enter Character Creation just by clicking enter." the servant had said out bowing before him.

Aria had looked down not being able to see anything, feeling the top of the NerveGear as it had been placed upon her lap. Putting on a small smile upon her face, it then turned to excitement in her head. This was going to be her chance to be able to see again... see a world she has never seen before in her life. She had felt a hand being placed on her shoulder, she had moved her head a little bit towards that direction recognizing that they are there. "Excited?" her dad had asked down. Aria had looked down at the NerveGear that appeared very blurry to her and she had said without a doubt in her mind "Excited is one... Nervous is another..." she had said.

"Nervous, honey... you are going to see a world again, one that you've gotten to see... whats wrong?" he had asked out to her little princess. Aria had began to let out a few tears, as she said out "I'm nervous it might not work... or how I would react when I get to see this world..." she had said out. Her father had pulled her into a hug and said to her "Now now, this may seem scary... and it might not work... but look on the bright side, this is your ticket to see and truly feel alive, see things you haven't been able to in years. I am sure that maybe one of your friends have this game." he planted a kiss on the top of her head and said rubbing her back "Come on, theres no time to waste." he helped her get the NerveGear upon her head and helped her lay down upon her bed. Taking a step back he had watched her little girl say the words that would take her to a brand new world. Aria had taken a deep breath and said out after a moment to collect her thoughts "Link Start!" and before her eyes, color had formed and lines of color had approached her.

Different menu's had appeared and she had seen a language she hadn't seemed in a long time, and the login screen had appeared before her, she couldn't believe her eyes... however she had immediately pressed the red button and found herself in a character creation screen. She had darted around her, she didn't really see anything other than menu's and a character that was right in front of her, she wanted to cry... but, she knew she hadn't seen anything yet. However... this was the first time in years she had gotten to see a face of any kind. She was in major disbelief, nothing was blurry, everything was being presented to her without a problem. She had spent a good 30 mins creating a character that she had thought had looked cute and beautiful and clinked next. Then it had asked her to create a username. Blinking a few times... she was also not prepared for this. However she had written down the name that had popped into her mind "Aria" and pressed next.

Then... she had seen a screen... "Welcome to Sword Art Online" and she had closed her eyes, and slowly began to open her eyes, it was bright... however she could see her characters feet. Blinking twice she had moved her hands to see her hands, she was in utter disbelief, darting her eyes up she had seen buildings, monuments, trees, other people. She had brought a hand to her mouth as she had tried to fight the urge to scream... she utterly couldn't believe what she was seeing. Tears were forming in her eyes, she had took her first unguided step in years, which made her fall to her knees and began to cry out muffling her screams of joy. She couldn't believe anything she was seeing, this was truly unreal.

@Simba

--Journal Entry No. 005

As I slowly unravel Aincrad by myself, I have yet to stop and take a breath and take in all that is glorious, but I still have not stopped to think about the night of the sixth of November. When my entire life changed before me and when I begun the adventure of doing my best to survive in a world that was all too familiar, yet new. I remember going through the day as clear as day, but that is for another time.. I think I should get some best for now.

After the preparations were settled down,  Cai settled down on his mattress and glanced around his single room apartment. 'That line was such a drag to deal with.. I am surprised that I was able to grab myself a copy of Sword Art Online and bought the Nerve Gear from one of those chums back on campus.. Maybe they were not as interested in the game like I am.' Cai tossed his body onto the mattress and stared up at the ceiling and a smile slowly formed on his face, as he reached for the ceiling. It was a day that was unimaginable for him, VR or Virtual Reality had been popularized back in 2017, but Cai had been fond of MMOs or RPGs and have stuck with them his entire life. That all changed when Argus produced the latest Nerve Gear and the very first VRMMORPG. Without a moment of hesitation, Cai slipped his Nerve Gear over his head and laid in bed and smiled as his alarm goes off. "This is it.. Link.. Start!"

The moment those very last words exited his mouth, spectrum of colors approached him at a fast pace and Cai quickly shut his eyes and suddenly he was levitating off the ground and spinning slowly. There were a few buttons here and there, but what he was after was the username and password location and found it in the center of the screen. He quickly tapped his username and password and was brought into the Character Creation screen. His eyes glimmered as he went through the wide variety of kits to choose from, but he did not want to spend too much time on the creation screen, so he made his character almost look like him. Snowy white hair and sapphire blue eyes, but his features were much more happier and a little less mature. Although he was only twenty years old, Cai would rather keep his character looking chipper than he did. After examining his character, he adjusted the height and weight of his character to his exact measurements and quickly moved on with the next area.

Asking for a username and this was where Cai was stuck and did not know what name to choose from. He slowly typed in the word 'Facade' and quickly backspaced away thinking it was a stupid name to begin with and sounded really edgy for him. He tapped his chin, still trying to figure out his name and typed in Simba. 'Just like the little cub that became the king..' He smiled and pressed on the next button, which presented him with a few packages to choose from in which he proceeded to click on the 'DPS Package' and suddenly the screen glowed and the words "Welcome to Sword Art Online" appeared and his eyes glimmered as he slowly darted around the town and realized where he was at. It was all too real for him, everything felt real and there were among thousands of players running around laughing and cheering. Cai quickly glanced around the area and found tons of other players slowly logging in as well.

@Aria

WC: 522

Aria had continued to cry and cry being able to see again, many players that had logged in stared at Aria as she was crying, a lot of them wanted to ask if there was something wrong, however seeing a smile upon her face they had left her to her joy. Aria after a few moments had stopped crying and looked up shaking with enjoyment to finally be able to see things and began to sprint down the roads of the Town of Beginnings looking from side to side giggling seeing literally everything that basically exists in this world. She had never been more happy than she is now in her life, being able to see colors in the way it was meant to be shown and enjoyed... seeing buildings, people with faces, flowers... anything. She had twirled around looking up in the sky seeing the beautiful blue skies with a sun in the sky. She purely was in bliss, she loved every portion about this game already, and she hasn't gotten into the combat, quests, or anything else about the game.

@Simba

Players were slowly materializing into place and he could not help, but see players just running around like children. He tried to keep his cool, but as soon as he could, he immediately started to sprint around the town. The wind blowing to his face, as he continued to exhaust his stamina and stopped at the center of the town. 'Everything.. It feels so real.. The sky is blue as ever.. The clouds form such perfect shapes and have so much fluff.. Even the birds chirping are unique and you don't constantly hear them over a loop.' Taking a few steps forward, he took a deep breath and sighed before collapsing onto his back. Players were looking at the snowy haired player with a curious expression, but did not approach him. They all ran toward the gate and into the Grasslands, while Simba glanced up at the sky and smiled. 'I am wasting time taking this all in.. I should probably focus on doing some training and take my mind off things.' He slowly sat up and swiped through his menu, looking through his skills.

@Aria

WC: 185

Eventually she had found herself in a park like area, filled with trees and many players exchanging words to each other, a lot of them seem to be excited, however some of them seem to be dedicated to start leveling and grinding at this exact moment. Aria had looked around with a wide smile as she was enjoying the sight of everything around her, the trees, the scenery and all the people enjoying themselves. A couple of people offered to party up with her, however at the moment she had declined and just wanted to enjoy the scenery before doing anything in the game. She was excited to immediately get to work and experience actual combat, however in the real world she was blind and wanted to see everything that is needed to be seen while in the game at the given moment. She had walked over to a bench and sat down just enjoying the scenery and the fresh air. Everything she was worrying about had disappeared as she had become one with nature.

@Simba